New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Banned

Default Re: My Little Pony LIV:E Long and Pony!

I am reading a world of darkness book. There is a distressingly funny editorial note on this page about Aikido;

Quote Originally Posted by Armory Reloaded
    Not all Aikidoka believe these stories however. Some consider him a kami ([Define kami for the reader] which is not uncommon for notable individuals in Japan) and memorials occasionally skirt the line between recollections and veneration.
    Here's a thing which I find affably charming about them; they just can't seem to get their editing on straight. This is why people think you're a bunch of hacks, guys. This and really bad Vampire: the Masquerade LARP coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Speaking of AccAtt, did you or your mates have chance to have a go or a proper look yet? I know you said he seemed quite interested, but if you sent him my email, he hasn't got back to me. And I assume from your quietness, Lix, it made your brain melt or something...!

(You'll actually seen 90% of the Aotrs technologies in the starter rules - beams, missiles, torpedoes, pulses, PD/ID, heavy beams; the only thing not in there is bolts (our railguns) and teleporter FTL. (Some of) the Aotrs technologies are just higher (e.g. TL 10 missile/torps, rather than the 5/6 as the Vivrathk and Stone Portals have, with more compact technologies. There aren't in fact, many more types of weapons than found in both the SP and Vivrathk fleets - a few more different types of warhead (like Salvo rockets), but that's about it.)
    Interesting. That confirms what I was going for with the question. It also jives with what we know of the AOTRS themselves.

I have been unable to give it a fair shake myself, but my friend was doing some slow digging, evaluating its use in wrapping up one of those long running D&D campaigns that will define the cosmology of tegamefor your children and grandchildren. He had some questions, maybe he didn't do that thing to get past your firewall you said? I'll check.

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
    "Saucy art sold under the table!"
    *thinks about bronycon*
    under the table? Canterlot Gardens must suck.

This is fantabulous though pretty darn accurate too!

Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    That blush is terribly colored. I mean, really.
    Yeah, pretty terrible. Least you could have done is made it a fade that for brighter by the panel. Lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Then I'd punch them in the face, preferably after borrowing a gauntlet.
    It's weird and enjoyable seeing someone who isn't me saying this. it also makes it really hard to change. Being nice is difficult when following through on violence once ensures your next fifty or so warnings are taken seriously! Why must the spoils go to the crotchety?

I have an excel document with formulaes to do the points costs for you for warhammer army lists. I like spreadsheets. ^^
    I love the concept of a spread sheet. I have never been able to make Excel work. Except that one time the dread lord A'Miael'Munn began to push itself screaming through the monitor, contorting reality amidst a shock and spray of violent, blinded angels bound by chains of flesh and steel. Not my best attempt at figuring out the cost effectiveness of the zen garden on PvZ...

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
    Sooooo

Any of you ka-razay pony artists take requests?
    Depends in how interesting the idea is. I still plan on finishing that Guardalopolis comic. And now, Shining Armor gets to be there!

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Thought one: This is thanqol. Reply with quote ending in 'lamentations of their women.
    Thought two: That's tacky, be honest. The greatest thing in life is to find and give happiness, as much as you can.
    Thought three: Cheat the system and say both by listing them.
    I'm sure Mask is appeased.
    Mostly because she took the time while you were distracted to raid your panty drawer for kicks.

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    Does this mean I can guess you won't be entering the tournament?
    I'll probably back out. Move lists online? Kinda ruins the fun of going in blind.

2. - Top - End - #512
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    I'll probably back out. Move lists online? Kinda ruins the fun of going in blind.
    First of all: YOU HAVE QUEEN CRYSTALIS EYES!

Second of all: 1-2 matches in and you're not very much blind anymore. That never seemed like it mattered much anyway, especially with nothing on the line.

And lastly: It doesn't say anything about how to do combos, or the properties of each move. It's about as helpful as the handbooks that come with most games.

I'm starting to think it might not even happen...

Quote Originally Posted by OracleofWuffing View Post
    Even if my schedule allowed it, I'd be a joke entry at best. I'd get my butt kicked by Dan if I were playing Mortal Kombat.

Before you point anything out about what characters are from what games, I want you to consider exactly how bad at traditional fighting games I could possibly be.
    I'm trying to figure out what that implies... What possible fatality might Dan Hibiki possess was my first consideration.

Still, not like you couldn't give it a shot if your schedule allowed it. Nothing seems to be in stone as of yet.
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-09-30 at 03:09 AM.

3. - Top - End - #513
    Firbolg in the Playground

See, I'd want to play Rainbow Dash just to see her do that dance on your corpse when she wins.

So, in order to see RD dancing, I'd have to find someone else to play her.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

4. - Top - End - #514
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    See, I'd want to play Rainbow Dash just to see her do that dance on your corpse when she wins.
    If they'd animate it a little better, I'd agree. It just looks so... odd. She reminds me of the simpsons for some reason.

So, in order to see RD dancing, I'd have to find someone else to play her.
    Or just win yourself.

5. - Top - End - #515

Or just win yourself.
    Aye, there's the rub...

In other news, reading Lix Lorn's quote about punching someone with a gauntlet made me think of this.
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

6. - Top - End - #516
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Aye, there's the rub...
    I don't get it.

In other news, reading Lix Lorn's quote about punching someone with a gauntlet made me think of this.
    This reference just plain went over my head, though I do love how the guy rubs the opposite side of his face after he gets owned.

7. - Top - End - #517
    Troll in the Playground

Last edited by gooddragon1; 2012-09-30 at 03:41 AM.
    There is no emotion more useless in life than hate.

8. - Top - End - #518

I don't get it.

This reference just plain went over my head, though I do love how the guy rubs the opposite side of his face after he gets owned.
    "There's the rub" is a Shakespearean phrase used during Hamlet's famous soliloquy. Basically, it means, "that's the problem."

In this case, the problem is that I've played perhaps a total of twelve rounds of fighting games in my life, and eight of those were with the Fighting Is Magic demo at Everfree NW. Of those eight rounds, I only won one fight: Applejack vs. Rarity, I think.

I had never noticed that about good old Rottingham. That makes the scene even funnier.

9. - Top - End - #519
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

"There's the rub" is a Shakespearean phrase used during Hamlet's famous soliloquy. Basically, it means, "that's the problem."
    No, I understood the reference. I just don't get it.

In this case, the problem is that I've played perhaps a total of twelve rounds of fighting games in my life, and eight of those were with the Fighting Is Magic demo at Everfree NW. Of those eight rounds, I only won one fight: Applejack vs. Rarity, I think.
    So you've already got more experience in the game than most of your opposition would.

Also, darn you and your chance at demos... stuff needs to happen in the South East... nothing good ever happens around here.

10. - Top - End - #520

No, I understood the reference. I just don't get it.

So you've already got more experience in the game than most of your opposition would.

Also, darn you and your chance at demos... stuff needs to happen in the South East... nothing good ever happens around here.
    If by experience you mean "push every button at once and pray,* then yes, I have experience.

Not much I can do to help, bro. In my defense, where I'm living is now 16 hours away by car from the SeaTac airport.

11. - Top - End - #521
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtronaut View Post
    Could you link me to the artist of that humanized one?
    Yup! Deviantart and Tumblr.

I quite like these:
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomFox View Post
    Not sure if this is old or new, but Tara Strong is best pony
    http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/0...#idc-container
    It's only a matter of time before she starts believing that she actually IS Twilight Sparkle. It'll be amazing.

They're taunting us about Rainbow Dash and her current lack of even a level 1 Super.... Personally, I'd like to see a Hurricane move like she used on the Parasprites and the Cotton Candy Clouds, and on Twilight to dry her off... it'd be reminding of the Mighty Tornado! Still think that a lot of her animation looks... what's the word? Off Model?
    She definitely needs Sonic Rainboom as a high-level super. Either original or atomic version.

Her animation is clearly unfinished, which is why her win pose is currently just a single frame flipped horizontally.

Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    My first thought here was simply, in which episode did AJ play the piano?

If by experience you mean "push every button at once and pray,* then yes, I have experience.
    Wait... are you saying that's not how to play fighting games?
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

12. - Top - End - #522
    Titan in the Playground

A question for you, ponythread!

Applejack and Rarity, probably through the same means that somehow gave us EsperDerek's Midnight, have a foal, and it's a son. He's a hardworking colt who holds integrity and responsibility in highest regard, but still possesses an unbridled love for the dramatic and a HAM THAT WILL PEIRCE THE HEAVENS! His special talent ends up to be painting, and ignore the cutie mark because that's where the metaphor breaks down. What are his colors/what is his design?

I'm certainly not trying to figure out my Roleplaying is Magic character's color scheme, nope, nosiree.

I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

13. - Top - End - #523
    Titan in the Playground

Tara Strong cosplays as Twilight.

I don't think I need to say more than that, do I?

Interesting. That confirms what I was going for with the question. It also jives with what we know of the AOTRS themselves.

I have been unable to give it a fair shake myself, but my friend was doing some slow digging, evaluating its use in wrapping up one of those long running D&D campaigns that will define the cosmology of tegamefor your children and grandchildren. He had some questions, maybe he didn't do that thing to get past your firewall you said? I'll check.
    Probably wouldn't hurt to double-check the spelling as well; my spam filter buffer is actually fairly clear these days (and regularly cleared out) so as it doesn't appear to have even hit that, it may be bouncing somewhere else. (If all else fails, he could get you pass his email to me, and we could try that way!)

(I ask mostly because if he's got his head around it all, I could send him the business end of the main rules when he feels like it.)
    And that is about the level I am at fighting games - and even in the umpteen years since I started playing games that require controllers and keyboard controls, I still suck at it. The only fighting games I even attempt to play are Naruto Ultimate Ninja 3 to 5, becaue they were Naruto (and the last one was a massive let-down, because they didn't have the US voice-actors... Which of course renders all the in-fight dialogue and comments, not only totally meaningless but (at the time, before I've gotten a bit more used to thanks to Rock Lee's Spring Time of Youth1) and alien to the characters I'm used to. I played it for an hour or so, and then never touched it again. (I suspect it has something to do with the fact they didn't bother to do a US release for that game. Which is a shame since generally people said it was mechanically better than UN3/4.)

Don't really enjoy 'em all that much, really, (the UN games have a single played story-mode, which was what I played 'em for.) I may have a quick gander at Fighting is Magic when it's released, but mostly out of curiousity.

1Dear Lichemaster, they better do a DVD release (with a dub, because sorry, as intimated, I do like and prefer the US voice actors), else I'll be getting my Rocket Launcher...
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-09-30 at 07:25 AM.

14. - Top - End - #524
    Titan in the Playground

I am reading a world of darkness book. There is a distressingly funny editorial note on this page about Aikido;

Here's a thing which I find affably charming about them; they just can't seem to get their editing on straight. This is why people think you're a bunch of hacks, guys. This and really bad Vampire: the Masquerade LARP coverage.
    Oh White Wolf. You are so, so fail. You have excellent ideas, but... geez, you're all really creative english majors. You need a handful of maths teachers.

It's weird and enjoyable seeing someone who isn't me saying this. it also makes it really hard to change. Being nice is difficult when following through on violence once ensures your next fifty or so warnings are taken seriously! Why must the spoils go to the crotchety?
    I have a taste for hyperbole. While I'd want to, it's very unlikely I'd ACTUALLY hit anyone...

I love the concept of a spread sheet. I have never been able to make Excel work. Except that one time the dread lord A'Miael'Munn began to push itself screaming through the monitor, contorting reality amidst a shock and spray of violent, blinded angels bound by chains of flesh and steel. Not my best attempt at figuring out the cost effectiveness of the zen garden on PvZ...
    I think I did some quick maths. I think they make even.

I'm sure Mask is appeased.
    Mostly because she took the time while you were distracted to raid your panty drawer for kicks.
    She could just have asked. xD

...lol. xD

...there are OTHER methods?
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

15. - Top - End - #525
    Titan in the Playground

Oddly enough, I just so happen to have a gif in a random tab for just such an occasion. And it also highlights how I play both fighting games and another popular genre of games:

Spoiler
    Show

My list of open tabs is starting to feel more like the Batman's Utility Belt of gifs.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

16. - Top - End - #526
    Bugbear in the Playground

First of all: YOU HAVE QUEEN CRYSTALIS EYES!
    Chrysalis, actually. She has no known connection with the upcoming "Crystal Empire" whosawhatsis, unlike Cadance (who has no specified connection therewith, but the evidence that a connection exists is pretty strong). See also.

Incidentally, I've got all of you (that have spoken up) beat re: fighting games. I've been in the same room when they've been played, and I think I may have even seen videos of gameplay, but I'm pretty sure I've never gone past the character-select screen on any of them.
    Level 4 Bibliophile/Level 3 Bard, working toward the Bibliomancer Prestige Class

Brandon Sanderson recommender... In The Playground!

17. - Top - End - #527
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kd7sov View Post
    Chrysalis, actually. She has no known connection with the upcoming "Crystal Empire" whosawhatsis, unlike Cadance (who has no specified connection therewith, but the evidence that a connection exists is pretty strong). See also.
    Well it would be interesting if saving the Crystal ponies meant saving the Changelings.

18. - Top - End - #528
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post

Applejack and Rarity, probably through the same means that somehow gave us EsperDerek's Midnight, have a foal, and it's a son. He's a hardworking colt who holds integrity and responsibility in highest regard, but still possesses an unbridled love for the dramatic and a HAM THAT WILL PEIRCE THE HEAVENS! His special talent ends up to be painting, and ignore the cutie mark because that's where the metaphor breaks down. What are his colors/what is his design?

I'm certainly not trying to figure out my Roleplaying is Magic character's color scheme, nope, nosiree.

Maybe a coffee brown coat and gold mane?
    Avatar based on artwork by Jabari Weathers

19. - Top - End - #529
    Titan in the Playground

ERMAHGERD. so many image dumps. *fangasm*

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    You've never heard of it because it's not worth mentioning. Trust me.
    I actually rather enjoyed that parody. ._. Although some parts were kind of tedious.

20. - Top - End - #530

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Huh. Y'know, between the epic conclusion to Secrets and Lies, and updates to Earth & Sky, Lost and Found and Under the Northern Lights, it's been a pretty fraggin good day for pony fanfiction. I guess we're not quite out of the A++ material yet...
    Been enjoying Earth & Sky immensely, I think one of my favorite parts is how Luna acts in that series. She just makes me grin widely whenever there's a scene with her.

As for Lost and Found, that was a truly epic tale and a great adventure to follow!

21. - Top - End - #531

Lessee. Painter. Earth pony. I'm going to say a cola shade for the coat, with a nice burgundy mane.

Like this, but not, you know, made of glass and full of soda.
    Spoiler
    Show

Alternatively, you can go all aryan by giving him an alabaster coat with a golden mane.

Like so.
    Spoiler
    Show

Off-pony note: It's now become easier and swifter for me to just type the tags and brackets in my posts as opposed to jumping over to the trackpad to click on the icons. Cool.

22. - Top - End - #532
    Barbarian in the Playground

Cobalt blue colt, burnt sienna mane. Because he needs paint colors for some reason. (And I think those are actually nice colors.) Straight mane, tied back when he works?

Off-pony note: It's now become easier and swifter for me to just type the tags and brackets in my posts as opposed to jumping over to the trackpad to click on the icons. Cool.
    I can't ever remember there are buttons above this box and just type in the tags, too. Also, I look at images top to bottom, so I was like, "Hey, Apple Bloom got a haircut actually nope never mind."
    Last edited by Dirtytabs; 2012-09-30 at 11:35 AM.
    Blargh slaves crystals crystals blargh zimmerwald1915. Internets: 3
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Fedora View Post
    Dirtytabs, Dirtytabs
    Friendly Ponythread Dirtytabs
    To her friends she's a gem
    She makes lovely art for them
    I don't always save pony images, but when I do, they're usually DirtyTabs.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    +100 Exp for Dirtytabs.

23. - Top - End - #533

Hey guys, dunno if I'm the only one who's thought of this, but I'm throwing it out there anyway.

Indianeighpolis, that is all.
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.

24. - Top - End - #534
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm not entirely sure what the proper way to go about this is, but it's my birthday today. It's been great hanging out with all of Ponythread, even if I'm not the most vocal. Hope to contribute more once Season 3 starts into full swing!

25. - Top - End - #535
    Titan in the Playground

Actually, she seemed to be able to fly for free. It looked like a command dash (possibly listed as her Rainbow Dash) was one of her magic based moves.

She's still in need of some polish... hopefully they'll be done by Christmas.... WE NEED A CHRISTMAS FIGHT!
    Just so you know, the way that worked is that RD has magic for two Rainbow Dashes. The move goes from any direction and charges directly at the opponent. It begins combos and also has really high priority, so it can be used to break out of other moves and you can cancel almost any of RD's moves into the dash.

Rainbow regenerates her magic while she's standing on the ground, but she's also at her weakest on the ground, so trying to stand back and regen makes you really vulnerable, since RD needs to be jumping around and be aggressive.

If they'd animate it a little better, I'd agree. It just looks so... odd. She reminds me of the simpsons for some reason.
    That dance was epic. And they did say they're planning to add more animation to it. They might get rid of it entirely, it was hard to tell whether Jay (the fighting is magic art guy) was being sarcastic when they interviewed him on the stream.

White with a blond mane is possible, but might look frighteningly like Blueblood. Orange with a purple mane would look terrible. So, I'd say have him take after one or the other parent entirely, but with a few little differences. Say, white with freckles and a mane in AJ's style that is lighter purple.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtronaut View Post
    Hey guys, dunno if I'm the only one who's thought of this, but I'm throwing it out there anyway.

Indianeighpolis, that is all.
    Home of the Colts football team!

Edit:
    I'm not entirely sure what the proper way to go about this is, but it's my birthday today. It's been great hanging out with all of Ponythread, even if I'm not the most vocal. Hope to contribute more once Season 3 starts into full swing!
    Happy birthday!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Anarion; 2012-09-30 at 11:55 AM.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

26. - Top - End - #536

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! *birfday hugzez*
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.

27. - Top - End - #537
    Spamalot in the Playground

The RP adventures of The Great & Powerful Trixie were ended abruptly and that made me a sad panda pony. Our GM had something of a mid-life crisis minor annoyance and decided to give up the Supers game to work on his issues. The group reelected me to go back to our D&D Dracadia campaign. Mixed feelings, but I accepted.

To the point-- I was at Wal-Mart today with my daughter and we saw a box of the collectable "suprise ponies", you know the ones you don't know what you get until you open the bag? I got my daughter one and one for myself.

I decided that whatever I got in mine was going to be the boss villain for the D&D campaign. I got the green pegasus Lucky Dreams.
    Now to stat this BBEG out...

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    Wow, Madam LeFlour looks more like a female Oliver or something. Poor kid is absolutely "street urchin" in looks. My heart is saddened.

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
    Bwahahaha... that IS funny :D

Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    That blush is terribly colored. I mean, really.
    Uh... stage makeup?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtytabs View Post
    Well, Deadly, I got something for ya:
    Spoiler
    Show

Hahah, I love that cliché.
    Hee, that never gets old. Reminds me of one they did on South Park.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

28. - Top - End - #538

Happy birthday, fox! You know what this means? A party!

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #539
    Titan in the Playground

A party, sure thing:

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #540

Lucky Dreams: 18th level illusionist. Banned schools evocation and abjuration. Playstyle: deceive the players, enchant them, and hit them with enervations when they're down.
    Last edited by Balmas; 2012-09-30 at 12:16 PM.