New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony LIV:E Long and Pony!

We've found the one thing that could make posting in ponythread stop for days at a time then.

Also, one month... one month.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

2. - Top - End - #752
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    That depends on Lixie. If she shows up you'll be shipped with anything/everything and become Rainbow Dash. Otherwise Scootaloo.
    ...I already ship thanqol with everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    I actually kinda enjoyed a few days of one less distraction, I even think I was marginally more productive than usual Now, if it had happened on a day when a new episode aired, I'd have gone totally bananas and donned some kind of supervillain costume.
    I was SO bored.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

3. - Top - End - #753
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Mirrsen View Post
    Am I the only finding it slightly ironic that, after the name of the previous thread, when a ponythread emergency did occur we had no reserve ponythreads stashed anywhere?
    Oh? Funny, because I distinctly remember breaking out/into #Ponythread for exactly that reason.

Stashed as it is on an entirely different type of net protocol. In case of emergency.

4. - Top - End - #754
    Titan in the Playground

*stumbles in twitching*

No board and no ponythread make Soras go something something....

.... seriously its was so bizarre I felt adrift without this board to check

5. - Top - End - #755
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    *stumbles in twitching*

No board and no ponythread make Soras go something something....

.... seriously its was so bizarre I felt adrift without this board to check
    Same here. If it wasn't for the IRC I'm not sure what I would have done with myself.
    One Tin Pony avatar by Balmas

Current Projects: Dragon: the Inheritance

6. - Top - End - #756
    Titan in the Playground

I missed it a bit, though not as much as I might, having been setting up for the Worlds this weekend. (First day past - may have some pictures for tomorrow (I took a few today - though not any Humorous Pony Pictures yet), butn a few of the board - which has been very well recieved! - and I did get around to printing and photoing the oft-threatened Bleakbane T-Shirt.) Knackered now, though.

But I may get chance to catch up to Thursday's new Red Dwarf this evening, so...

7. - Top - End - #757
    Titan in the Playground

Actually, yes, I agree. My major problem was that I was in the middle of like 15 posts when It Happened.
    Yeah, I was mid-post and it was awkward, but I don't remember what I was going to talk about now at all.

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    So what did you all do while the forum was down for a couple days?
    I applied to 6 judicial clerkships and two law firms, read two chapters of "The Authority of Law" by Joseph Raz, mediated a small claims dispute, read about 100 pages of constitutional law, watched the presidential debates, and I played the new Xcom demo and decided to buy the game as it's definitely worth my money.

Yeah, turns out this website is more time-consuming than I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by One Tin Soldier View Post
    Same here. If it wasn't for the IRC I'm not sure what I would have done with myself.
    You know, I totally forgot about the IRC. And this was probably the one thing that would have actually gotten me to go check it out. Oh well.
    Last edited by Anarion; 2012-10-06 at 12:06 PM.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

8. - Top - End - #758
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    You know, I totally forgot about the IRC. And this was probably the one thing that would have actually gotten me to go check it out. Oh well.
    I actually decided to go on the IRC last night.

Nothing was happening so I went to watch Dr. No instead. :/

I would kill to be able to draw/paint like this. Gotta keep practicing.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

9. - Top - End - #759
    Titan in the Playground

I kept considering it and then hoping that no maybe this hour to board would be back up... a terrible cycle that.

10. - Top - End - #760
    Bugbear in the Playground

Am I the only finding it slightly ironic that, after the name of the previous thread, when a ponythread emergency did occur we had no reserve ponythreads stashed anywhere?
    I have plenty of spare pony threads stashed away - on RPG.net ;)

Plus the IRC, which is where I mostly spend my time anyway.
    Blue Star Topaz is my name
    Equestria's my station
    The Elements define my creed
    The Herd's my destination

11. - Top - End - #761
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Well that was one heck of a hiatus. And I only have to wait a month for the new season :D
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

12. - Top - End - #762

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post

Spoiler
    Show
    I wouldn't kill, but would be willing to severely maim.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

13. - Top - End - #763
    Titan in the Playground

PONYTHREAD I MISSED YOU ALL SO MUCH! DON'T YOU EVER DISAPPER ON ME LIKE THAT AGAIN!

*Hugs entire thread*
    Spoiler
    Show

Extracts from an English essay on gender I just finished, helpfully informed by My Little Pony:

Spoiler
    Show
    Question:
    20. To what extent do women read and write differently from men? Is there a coherent tradition of female authored literature embodied in genres such as the female Gothic? Are there valid generalizations we can make about female authored literature and criticism or does any such analysis run the risk of essentialism?

Gendered analysis of literature is frequently a self defeating endeavour because it exists to argue or react to increasingly obsolete cultural stereotypes, which often go unexamined or unchallenged even as elaborate arguments are built upon them. Any number of arbitrary claims can be made about female or male authored work, saying that females are more caring and compassionate, or males more proud and dominating and so on, and a plethora of examples can be collected to prove that this is the case. However, the body of the world’s literature is so enormously vast that examples can be found to support any position one cares to argue, and the people who write these pieces are an immensely varied group differentiated far more by their individual personalities and surrounding circumstances than their gender. In a sense, focusing relentlessly on binary question of gender is to boil down the immense complexity of human sexuality to a simple yes/no equation, a process as crude and unhelpful as if you were to define all literature in terms of monarchical or democratic.

[...]

In the modern world, cultural restrictions about gender and sexuality have become extremely relaxed compared to their historical positions. Females have vastly increased independence, social standing, sexual freedom and political power. A range of sexualities are increasingly publically accepted beyond just heterosexuality and homosexuality, but also transgender, androgyne, agendered, demisexuality and so on. These categories blur the already blurry male/female line and make gendered analysis even more obsolete than it already is. Is a male-transgendered-female examined in terms of female writing? Does an asexual woman read and write differently from men? Are there any valid generalisations about gender we can make about a group containing homosexuals, bisexuals, transgenders and hetrosexuals? What is the definition of ‘woman’? The question is far more complex than might be imagined. Perhaps the only safe way to ask the question is “Do you have a Y chromosome?”

At that point, the question of gendered writing becomes purely absurd. How does the Y chromosome affect how you read and write? How does the genetic mutation in your lymph node affect your appreciation of sonnets? Does the fact that your genetics produce dark skin make you incapable of appreciating War and Peace? We have reached the point when we are arguing how brain chemistry affects our relationship with the English language, the point where we are arguing the completely ascientific view that women’s brains are wired inherently differently than men’s and never the two shall cross, and generally immersing ourselves in the reprehensible cultural morass of history.

These sexualities and complexities have always existed and have been hidden for fear of cultural retaliation. The recent vast growth of the LGBTA community isn’t a result of modern society pushing people to new orientations; it is a mask too long worn being taken off, raising with it elaborate historical questions. Was Napoleon transgender? Should we revisit all the policies of Imperial Bonapartist France with regards to female psychology? What should we do if we can’t tell if a writer is male or female from a piece of writing? In the event of a male writing feminine My Little Pony fanfiction what set of stereotypes shall we refer to?

No, these questions are self defeating, divisive and a pointless attempt to put labels on a topic as fluid as water and as vast as the ocean. Females do not read and write differently from males. Individuals read and write differently from each other. What gender means for each individual is a unique and personal question that can not and should not be generalised. There are much more important questions and factors, from individual orientation to cultural conditioning, that inform who people are and how they respond to language and literature than the question of what is going on in their pants.

There are a lot of different ways to be a girl.
    So A+ for Awesome? Also the Faust quote at the end was classy.

I went joyriding--
    Spoiler
    Show

I studied and got some work done. Really I became so much more efficient with just having this one website blocked.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

14. - Top - End - #764
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    If there is a fic accompanying those pictures, I want to read it.
    One Tin Pony avatar by Balmas

Current Projects: Dragon: the Inheritance

15. - Top - End - #765
    Dwarf in the Playground

Okay I finally managed to get off the floor and stop my hysterical laughter long enough to post this. Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to watch this for the fifth time.
    In the arena of logic I fight UNARMED!!!

Current Avatar by zimmerwald1915
    Former Avatars by the amazing Dirtytabs
    Former avatar 1

Former Avatar 2

16. - Top - End - #766

AHAHAHA! IT'S ALI-

Ah, hello everyone. What a long few day's it has been.

Spoiler
    Show
    If this is not Tartarus, I would gnaw on my nonexistant hat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

17. - Top - End - #767
    Banned

Legend of Celestia: Twilight Princess Sparkle?
    If game would play. If fanfic would read.

18. - Top - End - #768
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

So, I'm conflicted with myself.

I want to say that I find the idea that some of you were actually affected by the disconnect because you were without being hooked into part of the control-cluster somewhat amusing. Especially with the last thread's title, which hangs a beautiful lampshade over it all.

And yet... I feel like a jerk for even thinking such thoughts. They're mean.

... and even worse, they're hypocritical. I was checking the playground enough that I ran out of data on my phone for a few days, hoping that it might be back up soon. Not only was I without my pbp games... but I sincerely found myself missing you guys, wondering what insanity was being hatched, or what bizarrely collegic conversations were being born, and the other silly shenanigans you all get into.

It probably doesn't help that -this- is the first place I post in once the playground was reopened.

... this is the way evil truly works: getting you to -want- to give in, and making you -not- want to get out, despite leaving you the freedom to resist and leave at will.

... I'd be lying if I didn't respect it at least for it's effectiveness.

In short... I'm not sure where I stand with the show, to be honest. With most content from this point on being entirely fanbased, I feel like I know pretty much all I need to about My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, to able to have an unignorant thought point on it. I'm not even interested in the 3rd Season, since it seems like a safe bet that the overall formula of the show (being the adventures of 6 best friends and an interesting cast of characters living their lives and improving their relations with eachother) probably won't get shaken up by the Crystal Empire or what might come after it.

But I do think ya'll are pretty cool dudes... and it does bring a smile to my face to be able to see what you're all up to.

I wasn't sure if I'd stick along for the ride once I finished watching what's currently available... but I think I might now. If no one minds, anyway.

... oh **** all kinds of duck, I'm actually asking if I can stay. Am I in the transparent closet and having not even realised it?! ARE YOU STORING HEARTH'S WARMING EVE PRESENTS IN HERE!?!

In other news... that's -still- pony related, apparently Super Saiyan Jack is going to get beaten with the nerf stick soon. Eh, still most likely going Ryu Sparkle. Or maybe Fluttershy when she's released... I'm cement enough in my beliefs to admit that I find her character a bit more adorable than I believe I should.

Ugh, Part of me feels dirty now. I need some non-cute. Maybe reread Franken Fran or Berserk again...

Quote Originally Posted by CrnivorousMeece View Post
    Okay I finally managed to get off the floor and stop my hysterical laughter long enough to post this. Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to watch this for the fifth time.
    .... wow. It took me bit to realise that those are the characters that they're supposed to -sound- like, not real world people. My mind still isn't making sense of it.

That link lead to this. Which just about red-ringed me. ..... I don't even.
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-10-06 at 01:52 PM.

19. - Top - End - #769
    Titan in the Playground

PONYTHREAD I MISSED YOU ALL SO MUCH! DON'T YOU EVER DISAPPER ON ME LIKE THAT AGAIN!

*Hugs entire thread*
    *sigh*

Somepony better fetch a cleric for Forum Explorer's Con Drain...

20. - Top - End - #770

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    So, I'm conflicted with myself.
    Okay, a request:

Stop saying "you guys". A sample quote:

But I do think ya'll are pretty cool dudes... and it does bring a smile to my face to be able to see what you're all up to.
    Please, there is no need to seperate "ponythreaders" from "playgrounders". Asking if "you can stay" is just the sort of needless boundry-creation that is generaly rude everywhere.

I am not going to say the generic "if your posting on ponythread, your a brony" silliness. But, for all that is good and just, stop making it out as if your in some sort of bubble that the rest of the thread is not inside, and simply accept that, in general, this forum is a rather nice place as a whole, and setting oneself up as watching a group of forumites from a two-way window like some sort of vaugly amused vacationer watching "those ponythreaders and there strange and wonderful ways" is pointless and rather rude.
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2012-10-06 at 02:14 PM.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #771
    Troll in the Playground

pony...?
    ponypony!
    ponythread, pony!

*twitches

uhm... i think he broke >.>
    good to have the forums back. i was beginning to worry
    Last edited by thubby; 2012-10-06 at 02:42 PM.
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

22. - Top - End - #772
    Bugbear in the Playground

For the record, Ino? I would appreciate it if you would refrain from comparing MLP, or Ponythread, or bronies, or indeed the vast majority of other groups and things, to evil. In jest or not.
    Level 4 Bibliophile/Level 3 Bard, working toward the Bibliomancer Prestige Class

Brandon Sanderson recommender... In The Playground!

23. - Top - End - #773
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CrnivorousMeece View Post
    Poor Tara strong, having to narrate as raven. She was probably horse for days after that. yes, I intended that pun

I wasn't sure if I'd stick along for the ride once I finished watching what's currently available... but I think I might now. If no one minds, anyway.
    I agree with Pokonic, you're on giantitp, you don't need special permission to post in this thread. But if you like the discussion here, we're glad to have you and I hope you enjoy season 3.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

24. - Top - End - #774
    Titan in the Playground

*snip*
    Of course you can stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    *sigh*

Somepony better fetch a cleric for Forum Explorer's Con Drain...
    Worth it...
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

25. - Top - End - #775

Poor Tara strong, having to narrate as raven. She was probably horse for days after that. yes, I intended that pun
    One must wonder how voice acters in general react to people loving the charecters they voice, and what they think of there mark on what people watch in general
    Show

26. - Top - End - #776
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Luckily (kind of), it happened to coincide with my GRE. I spent most of the time studying and taking a very long standardized test. But for the last few hours I lamented the fact that my internet decided to take a break.

On a completely unrelated note, what do you think baby griffons are called? Chicks? Cubs? Chubs?

http://cdn.derpiboo.ru/media/BAhbBls...st-ribnose.png
    Last edited by RdMarquis; 2012-10-06 at 03:30 PM.

27. - Top - End - #777
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    Okay, a request:

Stop saying "you guys". *snip*

Please, there is no need to seperate "ponythreaders" from "playgrounders". Asking if "you can stay" is just the sort of needless boundry-creation that is generaly rude everywhere.

I am not going to say the generic "if your posting on ponythread, your a brony" silliness. But, for all that is good and just, stop making it out as if your in some sort of bubble that the rest of the thread is not inside, and simply accept that, in general, this forum is a rather nice place as a whole, and setting oneself up as watching a group of forumites from a two-way window like some sort of vaugly amused vacationer watching "those ponythreaders and there strange and wonderful ways" is pointless and rather rude.
    EDIT: After thinking about it, I realise that I don't really agree that it's rude. However I do think that Ido has been here long enough that he can be considered "one of us"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kd7sov View Post
    For the record, Ino? I would appreciate it if you would refrain from comparing MLP, or Ponythread, or bronies, or indeed the vast majority of other groups and things, to evil. In jest or not.

Anyway, more pictures, since that's all I really do around here.

My Little Changeling, Deception is Magic
    Spoiler
    Show

Interesting choice in using the body colour for the manes and tails.

Seperate versions (would probably make good avatars):
    Spoiler
    Show

Trixie's Failed Summoning
    Spoiler
    Show

Another anthro Pinkie
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Beacon of Chaos; 2012-10-06 at 06:10 PM.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

28. - Top - End - #778
    Ogre in the Playground

Says you...

29. - Top - End - #779
    Titan in the Playground

Trixie's Failed Summoning
    Spoiler
    Show
    I don't see how summoning Crackle is anything but the ultimate success.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

30. - Top - End - #780

I don't see how summoning Crackle is anything but the ultimate success.
    Unless thats her, like, spirit animal or something.

"What do you mean this fugly thing is my dragon! The Grrreeaaat and Powerful Trixie demands a beast more sutible for her needs!"
    Show