New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1471
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony LIV:E Long and Pony!

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomFox View Post
    Okay, so I'm finally working up motivation to restart work on my Fluttershy Mindscape fic, for its own sake. But I have a feeling that one of the core concepts is lacking: the cause of the conflict.

Let me recap since it's been so long since I've worked on this. The central concept is that through some mystical aid, Pinkie explores Fluttershy's mindscape to figure out what's got her critically depressed and avoiding all contact. The source of all this is an out of control Inner Critic dominating her mindscape and Pinkie goes through and talks to and deals with the other aspects of her personality to figure out what happened and how to deal with it.

Now this is where I'm having trouble. Currently what I have is that an accident in the marketplace has dredged up memories of a time when her exuberance unintentionally created a situation where an animal became severely injured. The problem that I have is that I can't really tie this to have her blaming herself over being joyful causing injuries. Would it make more sense for the resurgence of this memory to cause her to be ultra-careful to the point of not doing anything? Or should I change the cause of the rise of self-loathing?
    I don't think you really need to change it. One of the things about irrational people is that their connections and motivations don't quite make sense. Having the experience be slightly off relative to what's happening might make the reader uncomfortable in a way that genuinely matches what's going on in the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    Would you be able to spare a couple hundred bucks for a set of ties?

I especially like the Raritie.
    The Lyra and BonBon tie (TieraBon, heh) is tempting, but there's no place I would go that involves both
    a) wearing a tie and
    b) being able to get away with that tie.

I own a Looney Tunes tie, which is far more mainstream, and I still basically never wear it because it's too informal for anything in law that requires you wear a tie. And, if the place is informal enough not to require a tie, why would I wear one?
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Quoting myself again. There isn't a lot of response to these lately. I hope it's not a sign that no one wants to read my story

Still haven't heard from EqD either, probably not going to at this point. Maybe I should try resubmitting it a final time, after all
    My apologies, I meant to read it yestereday, but something came up. I'll try and do so this afternoon.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Fascinating but is it relevant? I still infer they can repeat animation same as the models. We know from Lyra and her crazy jumping. Also a couple of times you can see things like Pegasi wings beating in identical rhythms
    Well, firstly, I was trying to clarify that what what you were talking about isn't "Flash" animation itself. People tend to associate symbol animation as the only way of using Flash, but you can quite easily do traditional, single-cell animation, and plenty of people
    do.
    Also, the "additive" thing you mentioned isn't strictly true. A lot of animators who use symbols just have a library filled with vectored body parts created in Illustrator, which they then manipulate and animate in Flash by turning them into "symbols". Re-using old symbols that have already been created, and maybe adding to them isn't necessarily true and has less to do with Flash or symbols and more to do with saving time and money, like when Disney trace over their old animations.
    I'm not saying that FiM DEFINITELY doesn't do it, they may very well, but it's not because of the animation technique that they're using.
    Last edited by Nameless; 2012-10-10 at 03:07 AM.

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Ettin in the Playground

Mwahaha.

Scariest. Avatar. Ever!!

Also, happy second ponyversary everyone!

5. - Top - End - #1025
    Titan in the Playground

So in the recent blindbag wave, I notice something:

(Twilight Sparkle and Shining Armor’s mom) Twilight Velvet “loves writing stories about adventures!”
    Twilight's mom is the author of the Daring Do books?

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    I think the animation process is kind of similar to how they animate in 3D, minus the library part, but I don't know enough about 3D animation to say for sure.
    3D animation can be produced by onion skinning (manual frame-by-frame work), keyframe tweens, and raw programming- as well as many other techniques. People tend to believe there's only one way to work with 3D models, but... Well... You know where I'm going with this.
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

7. - Top - End - #1027
    Ettin in the Playground

Hey, that's been my headcanon for months! Have the people at Hasbro been reading my mind?
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

8. - Top - End - #1028
    Ogre in the Playground

Now headcanons.
    i am going to make it through this year
    if it kills me
    i am going to make it though this year
    if it kills me

9. - Top - End - #1029
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtronaut View Post
    Alright, ponythread.

I've decided that we ALL need some good old fashioned brain-bleach. Why? I dunno, but brain-bleach is always good!

Please enjoy the cute.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ngoufv!

(That is an approximate transcription of the noise that escaped my lips on seeing that.)

Nah, but she is the one who gets her name on the cover. She's worked out a deal with Daring's cousin, who actually writes the books but from whom nobody would buy them. But she does write other stories - the Con Mane novels, for instance.

(The cousin in question is, of course, Miss Ditzy Do.)
    Level 4 Bibliophile/Level 3 Bard, working toward the Bibliomancer Prestige Class

Brandon Sanderson recommender... In The Playground!

10. - Top - End - #1030
    Titan in the Playground

Pfft that would require me to treat anything the blind bags say seriously.

Their a well named product in a way.

11. - Top - End - #1031
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Merellis View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    And here I thought it was Applebloom waking up after a wild party at Pip's.

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Well yeah, cause straight mares tend to be boring.
    Tend to, but they shouldn't have to. They can easily set up a great comical based on the "Gone Sane in a Crazy World" scenario. And like you and Lich pointed out-- Added sardonic wit would work, yes.

2. Look at Scootaloo's wolf costume. Does that looks like something she made herself, or bought cheap? Not by a long shot. Clearly she has parents who can afford a quality costume for Nightmare Night
    What if Scoots had some freaky knowledge of sewing and was a good cosplayer?

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    This. Applejack is two drinks away from being an excellent character.
    Okay, now I'm picturing an episode where AJ gets drunk and throws a BETTER party than Pinkie Pie. Pinkie, not willing to accept second-best Pony position, plays "Keeping up with the Jones" and throws an even bigger party of Epic proportions.

Hilarity Ensues.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

12. - Top - End - #1032
    Spamalot in the Playground

I played some Pony Fantasy VI last night, and being bored as I grind for some magic points, I came up with a new game-- "Crusaders' Towers"!
    To play the game, I make a team of Applebloom, Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo, and one more member (any unicorn or alicorn). The object of the game is to get the CMC safely to the top of Fanatics' Tower and back down again without using Wall Rings or the reflect spell. Since only magic can be used, Bloom and Scoots can wear Berzerk Rings.

So far the record is held by Trixie who got the CMC up to the top of the tower and halfway back down before a CMC member fell (Bloom). Celestia was a couple floors away from the top before Scootaloo was made into fried chicken with a Flare spell. Twilight got maybe a third the way up the tower before she was hit with a confusion spell and then nuked her party with Ultima.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    Hey, that's been my headcanon for months! Have the people at Hasbro been reading my mind?
    You never know.
    Years back I once did a silly comic of a professor trying to make Tuna Cassarole and ended up making the Powerpuff Girls. A couple months later I see a Cartoon Network ad for PPG that looked awfully similar to my comic.
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2012-10-10 at 06:54 AM. Reason: My spelling is like a truck
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

13. - Top - End - #1033
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    Mwahaha.

Scariest. Avatar. Ever!!

Sweet avatar, BlasTech!

14. - Top - End - #1034
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OracleofWuffing View Post
    3D animation can be produced by onion skinning (manual frame-by-frame work), keyframe tweens, and raw programming- as well as many other techniques. People tend to believe there's only one way to work with 3D models, but... Well... You know where I'm going with this.
    So that's what onion skinning means.
    *makes notes*
    Terminology 3D people keep using around me have been extruding the NURBS out of me!

(da-boom, tss )

Or a related topic, isn't it FiM's anniversary today or something?

EDIT: *checks Equestria Daily*

Yes, yes it is.
    Last edited by Nameless; 2012-10-10 at 08:42 AM.

15. - Top - End - #1035
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    It took me a while to realize you were even talking about comedy setups. I guess you've reached the point of subconscious universe manipulation now.
    The more time you spend near me...

This. Applejack is two drinks away from being an excellent character.
    I would like to sig this. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Kd7sov View Post
    Nah, but she is the one who gets her name on the cover. She's worked out a deal with Daring's cousin, who actually writes the books but from whom nobody would buy them. But she does write other stories - the Con Mane novels, for instance.

I can headcanon either of these.

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Tend to, but they shouldn't have to. They can easily set up a great comical based on the "Gone Sane in a Crazy World" scenario. And like you and Lich pointed out-- Added sardonic wit would work, yes.
    Thus why I said tend. xD

Okay, now I'm picturing an episode where AJ gets drunk and throws a BETTER party than Pinkie Pie. Pinkie, not willing to accept second-best Pony position, plays "Keeping up with the Jones" and throws an even bigger party of Epic proportions.

Hilarity Ensues.
    Fund it.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

16. - Top - End - #1036
    Firbolg in the Playground

Already my headcanon. How else could she be rich enough to afford Canterlot and influential enough to have her children become respectively the Princess's protege and chief of the guards?

Quote Originally Posted by Kd7sov View Post
    Ngoufv!

(That is an approximate transcription of the noise that escaped my lips on seeing that.)

Don't be silly. Ditzy just tells Twilight's mom about her sister, Daring. Then, Twilight's mom spices it up a little. Only reason she's not facing a lawsuit is because Daring likes the publicity it gives her.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

17. - Top - End - #1037
    Colossus in the Playground

I read a fanfic which predicted this. It involved Rainbow Dash writing a slashfic where she shipped herself with Twilight's mom. Twilight found it creepy, Rainbow Dash didn't understand why.

I would like to sig this. xD
    By all means.

18. - Top - End - #1038

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I don't know why, but I have a serious hatred for the chubbies. I really don't know why. Seems to be an older thing though, because I saw them when I first entered the fandom.
    HOW CAN YOU HATE SUCH AN ADORABLE THING?!
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.

19. - Top - End - #1039
    Titan in the Playground

I read a fanfic which predicted this. It involved Rainbow Dash writing a slashfic where she shipped herself with Twilight's mom. Twilight found it creepy, Rainbow Dash didn't understand why.

By all means.
    I read that one as well. It was pretty funny. Though I think Twilight's story could be fixed to be a great story since all the background info has been done in a consistent manner.

I like the idea of Derpy Do writing the stories of her past adventures though.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

20. - Top - End - #1040
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't think you really need to change it. One of the things about irrational people is that their connections and motivations don't quite make sense. Having the experience be slightly off relative to what's happening might make the reader uncomfortable in a way that genuinely matches what's going on in the story.
    I'm just wondering if it's in character for her. She doesn't look where she's going while singing and causes a domino effect by knocking some carts over and causing havoc in the marketplace. Is this enough of a connection to bring back the old memory and traumatize her into being reclusive?

21. - Top - End - #1041
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm just wondering if it's in character for her. She doesn't look where she's going while singing and causes a domino effect by knocking some carts over and causing havoc in the marketplace. Is this enough of a connection to bring back the old memory and traumatize her into being reclusive?
    Trauma ponies! Dun dun duuuun!

Isn't there some sort of surgery game called trauma ward or something? That'd be silly to see pony-fied. The main character could be an earth pony surgeon, struggling to show his chops in the unicorn dominated industry!

22. - Top - End - #1042
    Titan in the Playground

Mwahaha.

Scariest. Avatar. Ever!!

Happy ponyversary, everypony! And scary avatar indeed, Blastech.

How to break into the Canterlot nobility.
    step 1: write pulp adventure novels that secretly appeal to Celestia
    step 2: ???
    step 3: profit

The more time you spend near me...
    Yes, you do have this effect on ponies. Now I kind of picture you as a pretty version of the emperor from Star Wars, laughing maniacally as you go "yes, yes, let the shipping flow through you."

If that ends up causing any kind of panic or screaming, probably yes. I mean, we see her call herself a loud mouth during the gala when she can't get near the animals. If her singing and carelessness caused widespread chaos and she was otherwise in the right mood, she'd probably freak out.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

23. - Top - End - #1043
    Titan in the Playground

Could be. It doesn't even need to be a big disaster. A mean pony who just hates that song or something and lectures her on being so noisy could work. It really depends on the memory. I think it would be funny if the 'traumatic memory' was something that's actually really minor like waking up her foalsitter and getting yelled at.
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

24. - Top - End - #1044
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    Random Observation, just due to picture findings and such:

This fan base -really- likes ... flank. (minor language warning... I think)
    This cannot possibly come as a surprise to you at this point.

The Lyra and BonBon tie (TieraBon, heh) is tempting, but there's no place I would go that involves both
    a) wearing a tie and

I own a Looney Tunes tie, which is far more mainstream, and I still basically never wear it because it's too informal for anything in law that requires you wear a tie. And, if the place is informal enough not to require a tie, why would I wear one?
    I find myself in much the same position, just replacing "law" with "accounting".

Well, that could explain how Twilight had enough books to build her forts when she was a filly .
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1045

a) wearing a tie and

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    I find myself in much the same position, just replacing "law" with "accounting".
    Buck the trend! Express yourselves.
    Although I can't say I like any of those tie's colors. And I am one of those people that would throw on a tie for no reason but to look semi-professional-casual. Rolled up sleeves on a colored collared shirt with contrasting colored tie make you pop and stand out. Add light khaki slacks, comfortable loafers, and a stylish hat to finish up your look, one that Rarity would approve.

And that why Twilight called it "Daring Do and the Quest for the Sapphire Statue" instead, it's the original title from the manuscripts instead of the published title.

And I see that Twilight is from nobility is catching on.
    "Winning with friendship means winning at life!"
    -Mako Mankanshoku

26. - Top - End - #1046
    Troll in the Playground

Mwahaha.

Scariest. Avatar. Ever!!

Nice! I thought you might switch avys to one of those, I just didn't expect the Angel one.

That's... interesting. Link?

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
    Trauma ponies! Dun dun duuuun!

Isn't there some sort of surgery game called trauma ward or something? That'd be silly to see pony-fied. The main character could be an earth pony surgeon, struggling to show his chops in the unicorn dominated industry!
    Trauma Center. And the main character in that had magical powers so...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

27. - Top - End - #1047
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kairaven View Post
    And that why Twilight called it "Daring Do and the Quest for the Sapphire Statue" instead, it's the original title from the manuscripts instead of the published title.

I'm not seeing how super successful author equal nobility. Or are you referring to something else?
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

28. - Top - End - #1048
    Ogre in the Playground

Buck the trend! Express yourselves.
    Although I can't say I like any of those tie's colors. And I am one of those people that would throw on a tie for no reason but to look semi-professional-casual. Rolled up sleeves on a colored collared shirt with contrasting colored tie make you pop and stand out. Add light khaki slacks, comfortable loafers, and a stylish hat to finish up your look, one that Rarity would approve.
    Sadly, accounting is one of those unfortuneate professions where "bucking the trend" is synomamous with "unemployed" .

Twilight being nobility has always been my headcannon, but that's partly due to my having a half-formed idea for a fic where she inherits a castle from a great-uncle.
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1049
    Titan in the Playground

Yes, you do have this effect on ponies. Now I kind of picture you as a pretty version of the emperor from Star Wars, laughing maniacally as you go "yes, yes, let the shipping flow through you."
    I'm all kinds of okay with this. xD
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

30. - Top - End - #1050
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    This cannot possibly come as a surprise to you at this point.
    Well flank is out of common parlance since about a year ago now...