Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1732333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1472
  1. - Top - End - #1231
    Troll in the Playground
     
    MCerberus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    St. Louis
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: My Little Pony LIV:E Long and Pony!

    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    To those ponies who play League of Legends, I have something for you:

    First, watch this line from the show. Then, listen to this line by Katarina.


    Spoiler
    Show
    Enjoy the mental stumble as your brain tries to add "a lot" to the end.

    You're welcome.
    Rarity is best Cassiopeia
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show


    Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

    Ask blogs: Screwball and Derpy | Gummy

  2. - Top - End - #1232
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Forum Explorer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: My Little Pony LIV:E Long and Pony!

    Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    I figured the way she got the disease was through desire of a talent and if she desired a particular talent at the outset she'd get it. Furthermore, since it's a magical ailment it might actually be able to grant spellcasting even to someone normally unable to do so. With powerful enough spellcasting and directing the disease towards intelligence next she'd be able to control it's output perhaps to both give exactly what she wanted as well as not have to actively use the output. Magic is an interesting force in their world.

    Also, someday I'll grow up to be a real space marine.
    No she got it because she took a magical drug improperly. I think that drug is supposed to be used to restore your talent not grant new abilities.
    In order to understand recursion you must first understand recursion.


    Thanks to Elder Tsofu for my new Lancer Avatar

  3. - Top - End - #1233
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    INoKnowNames's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Not in a Ga Hospital.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: My Little Pony LIV:E Long and Pony!

    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    No she got it because she took a magical drug improperly. I think that drug is supposed to be used to restore your talent not grant new abilities.
    That sounds about right, though that's not the only thing it was advertised to be able to do... Edit: The flower used -in- the Drug was what messed up Applebloom. The drug that was being made had a ...subjective... function.
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-10-12 at 04:44 PM.

  4. - Top - End - #1234
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Pendulous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    NC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: My Little Pony LIV:E Long and Pony!

    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    To those ponies who play League of Legends, I have something for you:

    First, watch this line from the show. Then, listen to this line by Katarina.


    Spoiler
    Show
    Enjoy the mental stumble as your brain tries to add "a lot" to the end.

    You're welcome.
    Hmm, nope, I don't see it. Totally coincidental.

  5. - Top - End - #1235
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    gooddragon1's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In the playground

    Default Re: My Little Pony LIV:E Long and Pony!

    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    No she got it because she took a magical drug improperly. I think that drug is supposed to be used to restore your talent not grant new abilities.
    I don't know, I half expected to see her show this implanted on her chest:
    Spoiler
    Show


    Also agreeing with names that the flower is what caused it.
    Character: Hex (HexOR)
    Quote Originally Posted by Woland View Post
    Honestly, some lawyer somewhere is probably having an orgasm and he doesn't know why."
    No μ!

    Hi my name is ... and I'm an attention addict.

  6. - Top - End - #1236
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Soras Teva Gee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: My Little Pony LIV:E Long and Pony!

    Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    I figured the way she got the disease was through desire of a talent and if she desired a particular talent at the outset she'd get it. Furthermore, since it's a magical ailment it might actually be able to grant spellcasting even to someone normally unable to do so. With powerful enough spellcasting and directing the disease towards intelligence next she'd be able to control it's output perhaps to both give exactly what she wanted as well as not have to actively use the output. Magic is an interesting force in their world.
    Watch it again, by all indications after the first it was randomized and increasingly so. Its called a disease for a reason

    And magic is not a toy. You don't just get to manipulate it like stats on a game sheet very often. Reality is a generally harsh GM that knows all the exploits and likes to drop rocks on your head when you try.

    Also Applebloom has no spellcasting and is the wrong pony type for active spells.
    Also, someday I'll grow up to be a real space marine.
    Yes ponder the wisdom of ponies if you wish to reach that day Initiate.

  7. - Top - End - #1237
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    INoKnowNames's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Not in a Ga Hospital.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: My Little Pony LIV:E Long and Pony!

    Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    I don't know, I half expected to see her show this implanted on her chest:
    Spoiler
    Show


    Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    Also agreeing with names that the flower is what caused it.
    She admitted to randomly mixing a potion when Zecora left and putting the rest of the Heart's Desire in it, so that's generally a decent assumption. She's lucky that's -all- she ended up getting, given what Zecora was making.

  8. - Top - End - #1238
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    gooddragon1's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In the playground

    Default Re: My Little Pony LIV:E Long and Pony!

    Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Watch it again, by all indications after the first it was randomized and increasingly so. Its called a disease for a reason

    And magic is not a toy. You don't just get to manipulate it like stats on a game sheet very often. Reality is a generally harsh GM that knows all the exploits and likes to drop rocks on your head when you try.

    Also Applebloom has no spellcasting and is the wrong pony type for active spells.


    Yes ponder the wisdom of ponies if you wish to reach that day Initiate.
    That's my point, if you can control the first and have a 'mastery' over magic you should be able to pull it off. Also since it's a magical affliction it might be able to grant magic. In balance terms it wouldn't work or if it did she might become a villain and have to overcome her desires to regain control of herself and become normal... but I was never good at thinking up story plots.

    Does such wisdom align with the codex? *Strokes nonexistent goatee*

    Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by gooddragon1; 2012-10-12 at 05:01 PM.
    Character: Hex (HexOR)
    Quote Originally Posted by Woland View Post
    Honestly, some lawyer somewhere is probably having an orgasm and he doesn't know why."
    No μ!

    Hi my name is ... and I'm an attention addict.

  9. - Top - End - #1239
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    INoKnowNames's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Not in a Ga Hospital.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: My Little Pony LIV:E Long and Pony!

    Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    That's my point, if you can control the first and have a 'mastery' over magic you should be able to pull it off. Also since it's a magical affliction it might be able to grant magic. In balance terms it wouldn't work or if it did she might become a villain and have to overcome her desires to regain control of herself and become normal... but I was never good at thinking up story plots.

    Does such wisdom align with the codex? *Strokes nonexistent goatee*
    It doesn't say if it's a magical disease or not. Just a disease. And she wasn't looking to gain the ability to use magic; she was looking for her purpose in life, her special talent, her cutie mark. You have to have a horn to be able to cast magic, anyway. It just gave her the ability to perform multiple tricks......

    Also, in response to your spoiler, and I am not duplicating that Image, I just have to say this:

    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-10-12 at 05:11 PM.

  10. - Top - End - #1240
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    gooddragon1's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In the playground

    Default Re: My Little Pony LIV:E Long and Pony!

    Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    It doesn't say if it's a magical disease or not. Just a disease. And she wasn't looking to gain the ability to use magic; she was looking for her purpose in life, her special talent, her cutie mark. You have to have a horn to be able to cast magic, anyway. It just gave her the ability to perform multiple tricks......
    I feel that the alchemical nature of the ingredient and the way potions seem to work (restoring teeth spontaneously) might make it possible. I also realize that she wasn't interested in using magic but if she was it might have been possible for the affliction to grant her a horn and complete mastery of magic. Also, psionics are better cooler than magic.
    Last edited by gooddragon1; 2012-10-12 at 05:04 PM.
    Character: Hex (HexOR)
    Quote Originally Posted by Woland View Post
    Honestly, some lawyer somewhere is probably having an orgasm and he doesn't know why."
    No μ!

    Hi my name is ... and I'm an attention addict.

  11. - Top - End - #1241
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Soras Teva Gee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: My Little Pony LIV:E Long and Pony!

    Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    That's my point, if you can control the first and have a 'mastery' over magic you should be able to pull it off.
    Actually pulling it off would be a rather indication of AB's special talent: magic!

    Of course Twilight is doing that already, her talent is magic itself allowing her (in theory and with a lot of work) to use a much more vast array of magic then is normal.

    Or maybe potions because hey she DID get a pretty strong result from one random potion... which was brought up at the end of the episode and the CMCs went off to try.

    The issue you though is you keep trying to define the show along your lines. You can't do that. The show does that for itself. You must understand this before you can be accepted by the Chapter. Understand limits, taking one's time, and that reality is not as wish fulfilling as you would seemingly make it.

  12. - Top - End - #1242
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    INoKnowNames's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Not in a Ga Hospital.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: My Little Pony LIV:E Long and Pony!

    Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    You must understand this before you can be accepted by the Chapter.
    Just out of curiosity, but what's "the Chapter"?

  13. - Top - End - #1243
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Soras Teva Gee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: My Little Pony LIV:E Long and Pony!

    Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    Just out of curiosity, but what's "the Chapter"?
    Space Marines. Continuing the 40k joke.

  14. - Top - End - #1244
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    INoKnowNames's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Not in a Ga Hospital.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: My Little Pony LIV:E Long and Pony!

    Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Space Marines. Continuing the 40k joke.
    Ah. I see. Carry on, then.

  15. - Top - End - #1245
    Troll in the Playground
     
    t209's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: My Little Pony LIV:E Long and Pony!

    Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Space Marines. Continuing the 40k joke.
    Plus you still have to take implantation process that has 99% fatality rate or turned into some mindless cyborg.
    If Zecora's a Apothecary, then Twilight could be Librarian.
    Pony Minecraft Avatar by Dirtytabs
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

  16. - Top - End - #1246
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Balmas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    A secret base
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: My Little Pony LIV:E Long and Pony!

    Luna cute attack! Renewed Salvo!

    Spoiler
    Show
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett

    People don't *live* on the Disc anymore than, in less hand-crafted parts of the multiverse, they live on balls. Oh, planets may be the place where their body eats its tea, but they *live* elsewhere, in worlds of their own which orbit very handily around the center of their heads. ~Terry Pratchett again

  17. - Top - End - #1247
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Deadly's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    The Wasteland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: My Little Pony LIV:E Long and Pony!

    Personally I do not think AB chose the first cutie mark either, and certainly not the ones that followed. She just wanted a cutie mark, any cutie mark, and she got one. If she had been able to choose any cutie mark to start with, I do not believe she would have picked the loopty hoop.

    Edit: It's the classic "be careful what you wish for, because no matter how smart you thought you were when you worded the wish the genie is still going to twist it somehow and screw you over"
    Last edited by Deadly; 2012-10-12 at 06:21 PM.

    deviantArt | FiMFiction | Twitter | Skype : athecoon
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Fedora View Post
    Deadly, a delightfully daring drawer and drafter of dissertations. Defying the dictations of our disparate denizens, Deadly decides his direction with a dirth of dependence on the decisions of despotic desperados. Deadly detests dismissive derision, and will debate any dude or dame that dares to detest discussion.

  18. - Top - End - #1248
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Thanqol's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Canberra, Australia

    Default Re: My Little Pony LIV:E Long and Pony!

    REPORTS FROM THE FRONT: XCOM ENEMY UNKNOWN

    FROM: SPYMASTER GENERAL PRINCE BLUEBLOOD
    TO: DIRECTOR CELESTIA OF THE XCOM PROJECT

    Spoiler
    Show
    ENTRY ONE:

    Dear Auntie Celestia,

    I'm glad you saw the wisdom of promoting me to this "XCOM" project. I will make sure it is run with all the dignity that royalty demands. As your hilarious paranoia about alien invasions is yet to be confirmed I have assigned Science Team to investigating why it is I'm so handsome. It's a tricky question. Send more money.

    ENTRY TWO:

    Dear Auntie Celestia,

    I sent a team out to Shutggerguarghurt or however that unpronounceable hovel is spelled and it turns out they were all incompetent losers who got themselves massacred. How do you expect me to run a global conspiracy if all I have to work with are rookies? Anyway, Fancy Pants made it back alive. I'll go tell him to stop screwing up. Honestly.

    ENTRY THREE:

    Dear Auntie Celestia,

    Nothing sends a better example to the riff-raff than leading from the front! I ordered Engineering to remove all helmets from all staff so they might properly appreciate my handsomeness as I do so. Would you believe the whining? Blah blah blah completely purposeless increase of lethality blah blah vanity project blah blah blah. I don't hear my squad complaining!

    My squad, incidentally, consists of Stephen Magnet, sniper, Hoity Toity, medic, and Fancy Pants, heavy. I have dubbed this team, "The Best Percent". I myself practise the ancient ways of assault because the highest kill tally belongs to me by rights!

    ENTRY FOUR:

    INTERNAL: I require a single set of custom-built low-profile mesh armour to protect my handsome face.

    ENTRY FIVE:

    Dear Auntie Celestia,

    Uh. Send help.

    ENTRY FIVE:

    Dear Auntie Celestia,

    I take it back, send the help away. Twilight Spangle won't stop regurgitating Science Team factoids, Raining Dash is trying to fire a sniper rifle while running, and Liar Heartstrings is stealing my glory. More, the big red one is a barbarian who keeps getting mud all over the vertibird floor even though I TOLD him there's a doormat.

    ENTRY SIX:

    Dear Auntie Celestia,

    I may have a small financial situation. On the plus side, Science Team is over-funded! They said they were working on a handsomeness enhancement device and, naturally, I filled the top section of my base with lab space to support them. On the minus side, I have no money.

    It's okay. I sold some alien tech to make sure I was able to buy the best kit that science team could dream up. I don't have enough for my minions so they're stuck using 17th century guns. I told them that they should pay for laser rifles out of their own money, should only cost them about 1.6 billion dollars a piece.

    But basically I'm stuck until I get enough money to build a satellite control centre, which will allow me to launch all these death satellites I have in my basement. Then I can blackmail world governments!

    Oh, and none of the peasants have bit the dirt yet. I'm as surprised as you are, though farmhand did come awfully close when I sent him on a hilarious suicide mission to capture an alien heavy. Good times.
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2012-10-12 at 06:43 PM.
    To improve is to change
    To be perfect is to change often

  19. - Top - End - #1249
    Troll in the Playground
     
    t209's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: My Little Pony LIV:E Long and Pony!

    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    REPORTS FROM THE FRONT: XCOM ENEMY UNKNOWN

    FROM: SPYMASTER GENERAL PRINCE BLUEBLOOD
    TO: DIRECTOR CELESTIA OF THE XCOM PROJECT

    Spoiler
    Show
    ENTRY ONE:

    Dear Auntie Celestia,

    I'm glad you saw the wisdom of promoting me to this "XCOM" project. I will make sure it is run with all the dignity that royalty demands. As your hilarious paranoia about alien invasions is yet to be confirmed I have assigned Science Team to investigating why it is I'm so handsome. It's a tricky question. Send more money.

    ENTRY TWO:

    Dear Auntie Celestia,

    I sent a team out to Shutggerguarghurt or however that unpronounceable hovel is spelled and it turns out they were all incompetent losers who got themselves massacred. How do you expect me to run a global conspiracy if all I have to work with are rookies? Anyway, Fancy Pants made it back alive. I'll go tell him to stop screwing up. Honestly.

    ENTRY THREE:

    Dear Auntie Celestia,

    Nothing sends a better example to the riff-raff than leading from the front! I ordered Engineering to remove all helmets from all staff so they might properly appreciate my handsomeness as I do so. Would you believe the whining? Blah blah blah completely purposeless increase of lethality blah blah vanity project blah blah blah. I don't hear my squad complaining!

    My squad, incidentally, consists of Stephen Magnet, sniper, Hoity Toity, medic, and Fancy Pants, heavy. I have dubbed this team, "The Best Percent". I myself practise the ancient ways of assault because the highest kill tally belongs to me by rights!

    ENTRY FOUR:

    INTERNAL: I require a single set of custom-built low-profile mesh armour to protect my handsome face.

    ENTRY FIVE:

    Dear Auntie Celestia,

    Uh. Send help.

    ENTRY FIVE:

    Dear Auntie Celestia,

    I take it back, send the help away. Twilight Spangle won't stop regurgitating Science Team factoids, Raining Dash is trying to fire a sniper rifle while running, and Liar Heartstrings is stealing my glory. More, the big red one is a barbarian who keeps getting mud all over the vertibird floor even though I TOLD him there's a doormat.

    ENTRY SIX:

    Dear Auntie Celestia,

    I may have a small financial situation. On the plus side, Science Team is over-funded! They said they were working on a handsomeness enhancement device and, naturally, I filled the top section of my base with lab space to support them. On the minus side, I have no money.

    It's okay. I sold some alien tech to make sure I was able to buy the best kit that science team could dream up. I don't have enough for my minions so they're stuck using 17th century guns. I told them that they should pay for laser rifles out of their own money, should only cost them about 1.6 billion dollars a piece.

    But basically I'm stuck until I get enough money to build a satellite control centre, which will allow me to launch all these death satellites I have in my basement. Then I can blackmail world governments!

    Oh, and none of the peasants have bit the dirt yet. I'm as surprised as you are, though farmhand did come awfully close when I sent him on a hilarious suicide mission to capture an alien heavy. Good times.
    So it's the new X-Com right? So, we won't need the sayings of
    Spoiler
    Show
    Iskander, the greatest commisar hero of first alien war of 199X, who states that there should be hesitation in sparing the rookie's life.
    Pony Minecraft Avatar by Dirtytabs
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

  20. - Top - End - #1250
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Anarion's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Washington DC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: My Little Pony LIV:E Long and Pony!

    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    REPORTS FROM THE FRONT: XCOM ENEMY UNKNOWN

    FROM: SPYMASTER GENERAL PRINCE BLUEBLOOD
    TO: DIRECTOR CELESTIA OF THE XCOM PROJECT

    Spoiler
    Show
    ENTRY ONE:

    Dear Auntie Celestia,

    I'm glad you saw the wisdom of promoting me to this "XCOM" project. I will make sure it is run with all the dignity that royalty demands. As your hilarious paranoia about alien invasions is yet to be confirmed I have assigned Science Team to investigating why it is I'm so handsome. It's a tricky question. Send more money.

    ENTRY TWO:

    Dear Auntie Celestia,

    I sent a team out to Shutggerguarghurt or however that unpronounceable hovel is spelled and it turns out they were all incompetent losers who got themselves massacred. How do you expect me to run a global conspiracy if all I have to work with are rookies? Anyway, Fancy Pants made it back alive. I'll go tell him to stop screwing up. Honestly.

    ENTRY THREE:

    Dear Auntie Celestia,

    Nothing sends a better example to the riff-raff than leading from the front! I ordered Engineering to remove all helmets from all staff so they might properly appreciate my handsomeness as I do so. Would you believe the whining? Blah blah blah completely purposeless increase of lethality blah blah vanity project blah blah blah. I don't hear my squad complaining!

    My squad, incidentally, consists of Stephen Magnet, sniper, Hoity Toity, medic, and Fancy Pants, heavy. I have dubbed this team, "The Best Percent". I myself practise the ancient ways of assault because the highest kill tally belongs to me by rights!

    ENTRY FOUR:

    INTERNAL: I require a single set of custom-built low-profile mesh armour to protect my handsome face.

    ENTRY FIVE:

    Dear Auntie Celestia,

    Uh. Send help.

    ENTRY FIVE:

    Dear Auntie Celestia,

    I take it back, send the help away. Twilight Spangle won't stop regurgitating Science Team factoids, Raining Dash is trying to fire a sniper rifle while running, and Liar Heartstrings is stealing my glory. More, the big red one is a barbarian who keeps getting mud all over the vertibird floor even though I TOLD him there's a doormat.

    ENTRY SIX:

    Dear Auntie Celestia,

    I may have a small financial situation. On the plus side, Science Team is over-funded! They said they were working on a handsomeness enhancement device and, naturally, I filled the top section of my base with lab space to support them. On the minus side, I have no money.

    It's okay. I sold some alien tech to make sure I was able to buy the best kit that science team could dream up. I don't have enough for my minions so they're stuck using 17th century guns. I told them that they should pay for laser rifles out of their own money, should only cost them about 1.6 billion dollars a piece.

    But basically I'm stuck until I get enough money to build a satellite control centre, which will allow me to launch all these death satellites I have in my basement. Then I can blackmail world governments!

    Oh, and none of the peasants have bit the dirt yet. I'm as surprised as you are, though farmhand did come awfully close when I sent him on a hilarious suicide mission to capture an alien heavy. Good times.
    Oh Thanqol, if I'd known I'd get free fanfiction out of transferring you the game, I would have given you a discount. Oh and this
    Liar Heartstrings is stealing my glory
    I am convinced that any X-com soldier named after Lyra is destined for glory. My version of Lyra in the new X-com is my first soldier to make colonel, has the highest willpower and psionic talent of all my soldiers, and can fire her plasma sniper twice in one turn to rain agonizing death onto all aliens. Also, she made a muton panic and shoot Trixie in the head.
    Lawyer Pony Avatar by Dirtytabs, exalted as an Eclipse by Elemental, now with a fancy robe.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    Dulce Et Decorum Est Pro Anarion Mori?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    You just highlandered an entire city block into a glass-filled storm by road-runnering down it in your underwear.

  21. - Top - End - #1251
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Forum Explorer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: My Little Pony LIV:E Long and Pony!

    Classic X-com ponies

    UFO 46
    Spoiler
    Show

    Dear Twilight,

    It has been relatively calm these last few days. Oh sure there were plenty of UFO sightings but usually the humans couldn't catch them. The humans think that the aliens are trying to find our bases. Hopefully these mind shields will prove their worth and keep us hidden. Just in case though we've begun researching plasma defenses.

    We did manage to intercept one UFO though and naturally our team was sent in. The mission itself was pretty simple as we were fighting the 'Floater' aliens. Besides their stylish capes they truly are not a challenge to defeat. One did shoot Big Mac point black with some sort of bomb but only managed to knock them both unconscious.

    Spike cleared the building that we landed beside and Rose managed to snipe one from across two fields and over a fence and a hedge! We managed to capture the UFO almost intact which is good because I need that Elerium-50 to finish my orders for the humans!

    Sincerely,

    Rarity Unicorn
    In order to understand recursion you must first understand recursion.


    Thanks to Elder Tsofu for my new Lancer Avatar

  22. - Top - End - #1252
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Trixie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    TGaPT

    Default Re: My Little Pony LIV:E Long and Pony!

    S3 fragment in HD quality...

    Hmm, I really like what you can actually see and what you hear is happening without riot in foreground :<

    Also, a bit of clarification on my stance on fanon:

    Spoiler
    Show
    After rethinking, I don't really mind fanon changing/distorting series - as long as you're creative, it's all good. You want to write Luna history? Think future for ponies? Sure! Go for it. Sky is the limit. Sadly, some "fans" take it far beyond, by grabbing something directly contradicted by canon, usually by finding one or two ambiguous scraps of material to build fanon on, and instead of proposing change/addition to canon, they try to force change on others. Ram their interpretation down everyone's throats, even if what they built their "canon" on was misunderstanding/mistake/wishful thinking/had no place in series in the first place.

    S2 was especially bad on this in second half - with 4 or 5 things that caused vocal minority to rise and between others behave literally worse than depths of 4chan. It was so bad two ships and three characters were pretty much soured to the large part of quiet majority (though not to the same degree). I just can't understand how supposed MLP fan can act like that, but then again, it's not like I haven't saw some examples of this even round these parts
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

    Spoiler
    Show


    >Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava ETsofu

    "Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

  23. - Top - End - #1253
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Soras Teva Gee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: My Little Pony LIV:E Long and Pony!

    Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    Luna cute attack! Renewed Salvo!

    Spoiler
    Show
    Hah-hah, that is clearly not Woona though!

  24. - Top - End - #1254
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Trixie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    TGaPT

    Default Re: My Little Pony LIV:E Long and Pony!

    Also, some notes on...

    Spoiler
    Show
    Crystal ponies:

    Hexagonal eye reflections, gradient hair, they are supposed to have crystal coat; Apparently, we only see Earth crystal ponies, with dark manes (Sombered?), Somber apparently went somewhere. Or, and weapons as cutie marks. Tum, te tume te tum.

    I really dig new canon eyelashes, usual copies of fake Rarity eyelashes really bothered me for some reason, we now have something canon and good looking, too

    So, tired ponies that seem freshly freed calmly going about their business despite RD and FS meddling are 'douches' now? Whut?
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

    Spoiler
    Show


    >Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava ETsofu

    "Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

  25. - Top - End - #1255
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Forum Explorer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: My Little Pony LIV:E Long and Pony!

    Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    S3 fragment in HD quality...

    Hmm, I really like what you can actually see and what you hear is happening without riot in foreground :<

    Also, a bit of clarification on my stance on fanon:

    Spoiler
    Show
    After rethinking, I don't really mind fanon changing/distorting series - as long as you're creative, it's all good. You want to write Luna history? Think future for ponies? Sure! Go for it. Sky is the limit. Sadly, some "fans" take it far beyond, by grabbing something directly contradicted by canon, usually by finding one or two ambiguous scraps of material to build fanon on, and instead of proposing change/addition to canon, they try to force change on others. Ram their interpretation down everyone's throats, even if what they built their "canon" on was misunderstanding/mistake/wishful thinking/had no place in series in the first place.

    S2 was especially bad on this in second half - with 4 or 5 things that caused vocal minority to rise and between others behave literally worse than depths of 4chan. It was so bad two ships and three characters were pretty much soured to the large part of quiet majority (though not to the same degree). I just can't understand how supposed MLP fan can act like that, but then again, it's not like I haven't saw some examples of this even round these parts
    That's a good take on fanon but other then the Derpy incident I wasn't aware of anything that cause a big fuss. Care to remind me?
    In order to understand recursion you must first understand recursion.


    Thanks to Elder Tsofu for my new Lancer Avatar

  26. - Top - End - #1256
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Gamerlord's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: My Little Pony LIV:E Long and Pony!

    Regarding Season 3 Opener
    Spoiler
    Show
    So, who wants to bet on how long it takes the fandom to try and make King Somber sympathetic after the episode airs, as it has done with all the villains?
    Last edited by Gamerlord; 2012-10-12 at 08:57 PM.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

    Once known as "Gamerkid".

  27. - Top - End - #1257
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Soras Teva Gee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: My Little Pony LIV:E Long and Pony!

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    Regarding Season 3
    Spoiler
    Show
    So, who wants to bet on how long it takes the fandom to try and make King Somber sympathetic after the episode airs, as it has done with all the villains?
    I'm sure its already happening.

    Kinda hope its also totally off too.

  28. - Top - End - #1258
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Forum Explorer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: My Little Pony LIV:E Long and Pony!

    UFO 47
    Spoiler
    Show
    Howdy Twilight!

    How are things going over in North America? We shot down a UFO and cleared it pretty quick too. More of those Floater thingies. Easy peasy, they didn't even get a shot off! We're getting worried though as we're almost out of plasma clips. We've decided to build more but we just haven't been scavenging nearly enough from our fights.We might have to switch back to the human rifles if this keeps up.

    Your Friend,

    Applejack
    In order to understand recursion you must first understand recursion.


    Thanks to Elder Tsofu for my new Lancer Avatar

  29. - Top - End - #1259
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Topaz's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ponymagic IRC

    Default Re: My Little Pony LIV:E Long and Pony!

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    Regarding Season 3 Opener
    Spoiler
    Show
    So, who wants to bet on how long it takes the fandom to try and make King Somber sympathetic after the episode airs, as it has done with all the villains?
    Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    I'm sure its already happening.

    Kinda hope its also totally off too.
    S3 Villain:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am so looking forward to the slashfic between Somber and Discord. :P
    Blue Star Topaz is my name
    Equestria's my nation
    The Elements define my creed
    The Herd's my destination

  30. - Top - End - #1260
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Pokonic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Malbolge
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: My Little Pony LIV:E Long and Pony!

    Quote Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
    S3 Villain:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am so looking forward to the slashfic between Somber and Discord. :P
    Spoiler
    Show
    Grogar, Tirek, Katrina,Discord, and Somber all went to Tartarus High.
    Well, one time at Bard camp...
    Former avatars & Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

    Former avatar, had it since I started realy posting here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.

    It involves high fantasy and ponies. Take a look!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •