New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 223738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1471
  1. - Top - End - #1381
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony LIV:E Long and Pony!

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    So a pic of Pinkie about to have some face time with her mother.
    Spoiler
    Show

(you can run but that won't help...)
    And that's how Equestria was made destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Um, if I still remember correctly from when I occasionally helped care for horses, real horse brush looks like this (heavy duty, metal) or this (rubber). Both are used to clean hard-working horses, something fitting AJ. The one on the picture seems to be fine coat care comb, something more fitting Rarity or Twilight than AJ
    The fine coat comb would jive with one interpretation of the image that AJ is seeing that she "cleans up well" and is much prettier than she ever gave herself credit for.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

2. - Top - End - #1382
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Strife Warzeal View Post
    If I offend someone I want it because I did something rather than something I didn't do. ...That didn't come out right.

I think for now everything got sorted. Also, the general format is to have the question at the top of the answer. But Tiki is probably right with the questions-answers thing, a bit of a vicious circle right there.
    If anyone is still interested in Tumblring, it might be worth seperating out Answered and Unanswered questions in the list.

Edit - I'm sure there are people who use such exotic looking impliments to brush their horses, but they certainly don't look like anything you'd call traditional. I don't think that the type AJ is using should necessarily be assumed to be particularly fancy as much as it is the more normal type.
    Last edited by Tiki Snakes; 2012-10-15 at 06:28 AM.

3. - Top - End - #1383
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    Edit - I'm sure there are people who use such exotic looking impliments to brush their horses, but they certainly don't look like anything you'd call traditional. I don't think that the type AJ is using should necessarily be assumed to be particularly fancy as much as it is the more normal type.
    What.

Pardon moi?

Of course they're traditional, that's what people have been using to take care of horses for thousands of years! Don't believe me? Here's medieval horse brush before and after usage, pretty much identical in function to the two I linked - if there's anything non-traditional it's rice fibre brush AJ is using on the pic, which is very modern invention. I spent more than a few days in stable, you know, I actually used all three, and believe me, there is absolutely no point in using rice/fiber one on typical, hardworking European workhorse, you'd destroy it in a few days or in just one use on dirty/sweaty one
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

4. - Top - End - #1384
    Titan in the Playground

What.

Pardon moi?

Of course they're traditional, that's what people have been using to take care of horses for thousands of years! Don't believe me? Here's medieval horse brush before and after usage, pretty much identical in function to the two I linked - if there's anything non-traditional it's rice fibre brush AJ is using on the pic, which is very modern invention. I spent more than a few days in stable, you know, I actually used all three, and believe me, there is absolutely no point in using rice/fiber one on typical, hardworking European workhorse, you'd destroy it in a few days or in just one use on dirty/sweaty one
    Well, sure, but that looks absolutely nothing like the two you posted, so. Yeah.

5. - Top - End - #1385
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

What could possibly go wrong?
    (Quote for save)
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

6. - Top - End - #1386
    Bugbear in the Playground

S3 clip said Saturday, Hasbro stated they will announce it 4 weeks before actual day. Which so far leaves only 2 last weekends, unless they lied. QED.
    And, of course, it's entirely impossible that their plans might have changed since July. Which was, what, two significant conventions and all the revelations ago?

Or, for that matter, that "four weeks" might be used loosely.
    Last edited by Kd7sov; 2012-10-15 at 08:48 AM.
    Level 4 Bibliophile/Level 3 Bard, working toward the Bibliomancer Prestige Class

Brandon Sanderson recommender... In The Playground!

7. - Top - End - #1387
    Troll in the Playground

Pony news: Ingram is selling composing studio he used to work on 3 MLP seasons. I wonder if this implies something...?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    Well, sure, but that looks absolutely nothing like the two you posted, so. Yeah.
    Um, wrong?

I posted two things: heavy duty metal brush, used to remove dead hair, sweat and mud. Here's two medieval versions [plus hoof hook]. Pretty much identical, save for modern having more scrapping plates.

Medium duty, on pre-cleaned or not heavy working horse version - it differs from the medieval one because I posted photo of universal tool, combining both heavy and medium duty, because it was one I used. If you look at modern, less universal variant, it's again pretty much identical to medieval.

You claimed rice fibre brush is traditional, but again, it's modern invention. There was nothing like that not that long ago - or so I believed, because it turns out better horses of nobles were brushed. By, let me quote, “some dead horse tayle nailed to a sticke” in whipping motions after being cleaned by one of two above tools, followed by rubbing over with “a wispe of straw wrethen hard together”, followed by rubbing horse over with wet hands. So, this time really by something looking very unlike modern example

Quote Originally Posted by Kd7sov View Post
    And, of course, it's entirely impossible that their plans might have changed since July. Which was, what, two significant conventions and all the revelations ago?

Or, for that matter, that "four weeks" might be used loosely.
    A) Sethisto confirmed/mentioned it several times since; B) I believe what people say, or at least not triple-guess or imagine what they might have said; C) There is nothing so far to believe otherwise; D) No matter what definition of 4 weeks or month we take, we're already 2/3 of a week past first two weekends of November, and in just 2 days will be past third.

Unless, of course, there is some definition where 4 weeks equals 14 days, then we can count more weekends, but so far, I'm unaware of one.
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

8. - Top - End - #1388
    Firbolg in the Playground

So, Background Pony updated today. And so, I found some fan music to go with the fan fiction!

The Nocturne of the Firmaments
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

9. - Top - End - #1389
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Spoiler
    Show

that pic is just plain scary...
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

10. - Top - End - #1390
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    So, Background Pony updated today. And so, I found some fan music to go with the fan fiction!

The Nocturne of the Firmaments
    Huzzah! *prepares to go listen and read after class*
    One Tin Pony avatar by Balmas

Current Projects: Dragon: the Inheritance

11. - Top - End - #1391
    Bugbear in the Playground

A) Sethisto confirmed/mentioned it several times since; B) I believe what people say, or at least not triple-guess or imagine what they might have said; C) There is nothing so far to believe otherwise; D) No matter what definition of 4 weeks or month we take, we're already 2/3 of a week past first two weekends of November, and in just 2 days will be past third.

Unless, of course, there is some definition where 4 weeks equals 14 days, then we can count more weekends, but so far, I'm unaware of one.
    So, we have reason to believe that Sethisto is in frequent contact with Hasbro about the issue? That he says it and that they haven't contradicted it doesn't mean anything one way or another about its accuracy.

It is my experience that no plan ever survives contact with the enemy, and that time is the greatest enemy of all.
    Level 4 Bibliophile/Level 3 Bard, working toward the Bibliomancer Prestige Class

Brandon Sanderson recommender... In The Playground!

12. - Top - End - #1392
    Ogre in the Playground

Season 3 stuffs!

Spoiler
    Show
    I like how the crystal ponies look! ^_^

And then no one cared!

13. - Top - End - #1393
    Titan in the Playground

Pony discussion!

If you could rewrite one episode which episode would it be and how would you change it?

For me it would be the Mysterious Mare Do Well
    Spoiler
    Show
    I would change it so that Trixie returned having apparently learned her lesson. That you need to have actual heroics before you can brag about them So she goes around and starts saving ponies with her magic. Then she starts bragging and the plot basically follows the original from there except that Rainbow Dash is helping the rest of the Mane 6 as Mare Do Well.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

14. - Top - End - #1394
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Pony discussion!

If you could rewrite one episode which episode would it be and how would you change it?

Spoiler
    Show
    I would change it so that Trixie returned having apparently learned her lesson. That you need to have actual heroics before you can brag about them So she goes around and starts saving ponies with her magic. Then she starts bragging and the plot basically follows the original from there except that Rainbow Dash is helping the rest of the Mane 6 as Mare Do Well.
    I'd also rewrite Mare Do Well, but to keep it focused on Rainbow Dash and teach a better lesson.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'd change it so that early on, all the other ponies try to talk to Dash because she's bragging and instead of giving in, she challenges them that nopony else could be as good as her. Then they set up Mare Do Well and Dash gets upset over it. At the end, rather than honoring Mare Do Well and having Dash interrupt, I'd have had a big crisis with Dash and Mare Do Well working together and Dash admitting that she's not better than everypony else and shouldn't have been so proud. Then they unmask and do the lesson about not bragging just because you're talented.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

15. - Top - End - #1395

Spoiler
    Show

And thats how the Cake Twins were made!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1396
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Pony discussion!

Spoiler
    Show
    Boast Busters

make it about how even if your friends dislike someone and are ass*%^&'s not so nice to them doesn't mean you cannot disagree with them and even call them out on it--just because they are your friends doesn't mean they cannot be bullies
    Last edited by otakuryoga; 2012-10-15 at 02:08 PM.
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

full size avatar

17. - Top - End - #1397

Pony news: Ingram is selling composing studio he used to work on 3 MLP seasons. I wonder if this implies something...?
    Could imply he's making enough money to buy a new desk?

Spoiler
    Show
    Um... pretty much what you said. Seriously, that was my first thought before reading your spoiler. I guess we think alike. So, to go a different route, I'll go with...

Over a Barrel--
    Spoiler
    Show
    Make it more AJ centric by having her be the one to find the buffalo tribe instead of Dash. This leaves the other girls lost at the town since they don't know anyone and thus have to take the story from AJ's cousin at face value.

When AJ learns of the true plight of the tribe that the apple field causes, AJ returns to explain it to the town. However, the townfolk not only remain stubborn (and Pinkie's song is as bad as ever), but they believe AJ to be turning traitor. AJ is forced out of town and back with the buffalo. AJ earns respect with Chief Thunderhooves for trying to find a compromise to the situation.

When the buffalo attack the town, AJ attempts to put a final stop to the fight, but gets in the way of a stray pie. Chief Thunderhooves jumps in the way and takes one for AJ, an act of sacrifice that gets everyone to stop fighting. The rest of the episodes about the same, with the compromise of making a trail through the field and paying the buffalo in pie for use of the land.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

18. - Top - End - #1398
    Titan in the Playground

Guess what just popped up on Ars Technica? Sure, technically it's an article about Apple's configurator 1.2, but really, it's about how to troll your own children properly as a brony.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”

19. - Top - End - #1399
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    And that's how Equestria was made destroyed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    What could possibly go wrong?
    (Quote for save)
    Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    that pic is just plain scary...
    Well you COULD argue it would just be redundant.... but I don't feel comfortable finding out.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Guess what just popped up on Ars Technica? Sure, technically it's an article about Apple's configurator 1.2, but really, it's about how to troll your own children properly as a brony.
    Someone set up kids the Pinkie Pie? (Seems appropriate)

20. - Top - End - #1400
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Strife Warzeal View Post
    Tumblr related:
    http://ask-ponythread.tumblr.com/

Got an ask today:

All I can say in response to this is that there have been no further asks since I last updated the questions list two months ago. Can't update that without new asks.
    Noted. If I can think of anything to draw for the current questions, I'll send something over.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    I'd also rewrite Mare Do Well, but to keep it focused on Rainbow Dash and teach a better lesson.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'd change it so that early on, all the other ponies try to talk to Dash because she's bragging and instead of giving in, she challenges them that nopony else could be as good as her. Then they set up Mare Do Well and Dash gets upset over it. At the end, rather than honoring Mare Do Well and having Dash interrupt, I'd have had a big crisis with Dash and Mare Do Well working together and Dash admitting that she's not better than everypony else and shouldn't have been so proud. Then they unmask and do the lesson about not bragging just because you're talented.
    I like this. A lot.

Over a Barrel--
    Spoiler
    Show
    Make it more AJ centric by having her be the one to find the buffalo tribe instead of Dash. This leaves the other girls lost at the town since they don't know anyone and thus have to take the story from AJ's cousin at face value.

When AJ learns of the true plight of the tribe that the apple field causes, AJ returns to explain it to the town. However, the townfolk not only remain stubborn (and Pinkie's song is as bad as ever), but they believe AJ to be turning traitor. AJ is forced out of town and back with the buffalo. AJ earns respect with Chief Thunderhooves for trying to find a compromise to the situation.

When the buffalo attack the town, AJ attempts to put a final stop to the fight, but gets in the way of a stray pie. Chief Thunderhooves jumps in the way and takes one for AJ, an act of sacrifice that gets everyone to stop fighting. The rest of the episodes about the same, with the compromise of making a trail through the field and paying the buffalo in pie for use of the land.
    Also this. This sounds perfect for AJ.

Random Rarity picture.
    Spoiler
    Show

So... we're on page 47. Any suggestions for thread titles? Are there any we've been waiting to use? Number is LV. Something to do with leveling up?
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

21. - Top - End - #1401

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    So... we're on page 47. Any suggestions for thread titles? Are there any we've been waiting to use? Number is LV. Something to do with leveling up?
    Well, this is october, so something along the lines of "Sombera? I Hardly Knew Her!" could be nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1402
    Titan in the Playground

My Little Pony LV: 55 Pony Watcher

Maybe? Some kind of funny class title.

23. - Top - End - #1403

My Little Pony LV: I can Pony all the vay to Schfifty-Five.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

24. - Top - End - #1404
    Titan in the Playground

My Little Pony LV: 55 Pony Watcher

Maybe? Some kind of funny class title.
    I feel like there's a homestuck joke to be made there. Perhaps My Little Pony LV: 55 Pony-Skylark or some other good title there.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

25. - Top - End - #1405
    Banned

Ponythread LV: 55 - Ponythread learned Agility

Well, it references a different franchise entirely and the reference is a bit obscure (rapidash learns Agility at level 55 in Red and Blue). But I thought it was funny.

26. - Top - End - #1406

Octoberfest!
    Human MLP cast serving beer and... huge tracts of land:
    Spoiler
    Show

Random Rarity picture.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wow... that... that is the best artstyle I've ever seen anyone draw Rarity in. I can now see Spike's infatuation. Totally blows away my artistic talents. Phooey, I'm going to have to practice more! Now!

...I got nothing.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

27. - Top - End - #1407
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post

Well, it references a different franchise entirely and the reference is a bit obscure (rapidash learns Agility at level 55 in Red and Blue). But I thought it was funny.
    Oooooh I like that.

This is my vote even over my own suggestion.

28. - Top - End - #1408
    Banned

Octoberfest!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Am I missing someone, or is the picture?

Wow... that... that is the best artstyle I've ever seen anyone draw Rarity in. I can now see Spike's infatuation. Totally blows away my artistic talents. Phooey, I'm going to have to practice more! Now!
    Agreed, it's a nice final product, and meta to boot.

29. - Top - End - #1409
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    this works for me

full size avatar

30. - Top - End - #1410
    Ogre in the Playground

Octoberfest!
    Spoiler
    Show
    This picture++

.///////.
    Last edited by Tectonic Robot; 2012-10-15 at 06:55 PM.