"I see what you did there."

"I had, but I still don't find any work, you know?" Ormirrah frowns
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Mallside V

[Arcane Threads]

"Be self-employed then. Treasure hunting, adventuring, that sort of thing. It's hit or miss though," Patty has to admit with a sigh.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ogre in the Playground

[Arcane Threads Food Court]

Ormirrah nods, "And I have enough money to cover whatever I don't make on the job. Makes enough sense to me."

4. - Top - End - #274
    Troll in the Playground

[Food Court]

"There you go!" Patty grins. "And if you need any help finding, oh, ancient ruins to raid or anything, just ask..."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ogre in the Playground

Magic Emporium

"Even if what I think is wrong, I think I'd like to find out."
    Bramwell says with a wry smile and interested tone to his voice. "As for what I was initiated into, I'm a member of the Order of the Stag." He tells her with a small wink before leaning back against the counter. "It's part of the Verdant Cult, a society of warriors. I've progressed enough for physical signs to show."

6. - Top - End - #276
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Entering the Mall => Newtonmire's]

Mimi stops, hovering in the air. Partially to make her decision, but also to get her bearings. This place is so big and loud and there's so much to see. After a bit of thought, the pixie flies into Newtonmire's. Her torc is jewelry after all, right? Once inside, Mimi goes poking around, not being very conspicuous about it nor mindful of places she shouldn't be.
    Aside from a curtain of beads that appeared to separate the main area of the store and the back room just behind the counter, there wouldn't be very many places that Mimi could get into that would result in some kind of repremand. Near a back corner was a short, hunched-over man wearing a dark robe who was fiddling with what appeared to be a pocket watch. A rather large roman nose above which sat two large, watery eyes and a rather thick brow rounded off the appearance of a person who was rather untidy to say the least.

As for the shop itself, it appeared to be an extremely eclectic in what wears there were offered. While most could be considered jewelry of a sort, the varying shapes, sizes, and decorations were almost garish. This wasn't helped by the strange way that things were sorted. Emperial bracelets sat next to infernal rings of black iron while an arborial robe seemed to be folded up to serve as a display cusion for a rather rusty pair of pauldrons. In short, quite odd.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

[Newtonmire's]

How does anyone find anything here? The pixie pokes around for a bit before giving up on that tactic. Maybe this guy will know.

Mimi lands right in front of the man and says. "Hey, have you seen a pretty lady with red hair and horns and a tail in here sometime?" She asks.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Food Court]

"There you go!" Patty grins. "And if you need any help finding, oh, ancient ruins to raid or anything, just ask..."
    [Food Court]

Ormirrah grins, showing off sharp teeth, "I think I'd enjoy that, definitely."

9. - Top - End - #279
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Magic Emporium

"Oh, I ensure you that it's even easier being black. You know what they say about black after all." Dena comments as she starts to slowly wander deeper into the store, expecting him to follow. "So dare I ask what exactly you're a initiate of? I'm a sword dancer, obviously." She had noticed his look and it made her smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Magic Emporium

"Even if what I think is wrong, I think I'd like to find out."
    Bramwell says with a wry smile and interested tone to his voice. "As for what I was initiated into, I'm a member of the Order of the Stag." He tells her with a small wink before leaning back against the counter. "It's part of the Verdant Cult, a society of warriors. I've progressed enough for physical signs to show."
    Magic Emporium

This guy really didn't have anything subtle about him, but neither did she so that was okay.

"Okay, please tell me your knighthood is turning you green because that would be so awesome. Or are there more drastic changes that comes with being a stag?" Dena turns around, grinning at the initiate.

10. - Top - End - #280

[Newtonmire's]

A loud sniff and the shopkeeper answered although he didn't look up from his tinkering. "Mmmng.. Can't say I have. Not many of the infernal persuasion been by today. Probably will be tomorrow given the sale that's gonna be going on." the man replied although it sounded more like a loud mumble than anything. "...Hmm.. Speaking of sales.. Did I remember to polish the silver?" he muttered before reaching into his rugged robe and patting down his pockets. "Hmm.. Nope.. No.. Ah! Should save that for lunch.. No.. Not there.. What's this doing here?" he said, producing what looked like a match that was continually on fire. Shrugging, the shopkeeper just tossed it over his shoulder although a bit of his hair caught light from the blue gout of flame that rose up behind him one moment later. He didn't seem to notice one bit, however, as he went right back to patting down his pockets. "Hmm.. Toothpicks.. Can of olives.. No.. No... Oi! Herman!" Shouting towards the back room, the call was met with a low, almost burbling grumble as the sound of something quite large shuffled around unseen. "Is the silver polish back there?"
    More grumbling.
    "Well it's not here! Did you check the cabinets?"
    A short grumble.
    "No the other one! With the knobs every which way!"
    A faint squeak of rusty hinges was followed by a gurgling rumble.
    "Not there? What about the-"
    The shopkeeper was interrupted by a noisy stream of grumbling that seemed to be almost exasperated.
    "No I didn't leave it in the... Oh.. Huh.. Nevermind! Found it!" the shopkeeper said as his eyes spied a small bottle that was sitting in a nearby display case.

Pocketing the bottle, the shopkeeper finally turned to Mimi, hair still consumed by blue flames as well as one bushy eyebrow. "Right, sorry about that. How can I.. Pardon but could you tell me your name?" he asked, squinting at the pixie.
    Last edited by Terumitsu; 2012-12-10 at 03:09 PM.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground

[Newtonmire's]

Mimi watches the man with a sort of fascinated interest. He's kinda weird, isn't he? She doesn't even think about interrupting him so she can get on her way quicker either. She is, however, reminded of her goal when he addresses her.

"Mimi, of the Bloodfang tribe." She puffs up her chest a little. It's a big name to live up to, but she's sure she does! It takes her a second to realize that there's probably a reason he asked. "Does that mean you can help me?" She asks hopefully.

12. - Top - End - #282

[Newtonmire's]

Rather than answering right away, the shopkeeper pulled out a book of rather intimidating size from behind the counter and let it fall open quite heavily on the hardwood in front of him. For the next few minutes, the man muttered to himself as he flipped the large, yellowing pages. Finally, he stopped, stood up and said "Wrong book." before closing the heavy cover and letting it drop quite unceremoniously on the ground before fishing out an almost pamphlet-sized book from inside his robes.

"Mimi.. Mimi.. Here we are. Herman! Grab package 47C!" the man said, shouting towards the back room again. After half a minute of rather heavy shuffling, a large, red claw holding a comically tiny box appeared from behind the bead curtain. The claw was followed by an extraordinarily large crab as it shuffled sideways out into the store proper whereupon it sat the box down with surprising deftness and then returned to the back room. "Right, I was informed you would be picking this up then. Unless I.. No that should be the right package because narwhal tusks are usually bigger than that. Unless it's a pygmy narwhal.. Right, if you find a tusk in there then I've mixed up a package somewhere but I think I got it right." the shopkeeper said.

Inside, should Mimi take a look, would be a trinket that certainly wasn't a narwhal horn. Unless, of course, gold rings were secretly narwhal horns in disguise.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ogre in the Playground

[Newtonmire's]

Gold coated narwhal horn rings!

Mimi doesn't even look at that crab as if it's strange. She doesn't know crabs aren't supposed to be that big after all. It does seem like a weird thing to have in a store, though.

But anyway, there's a package to be opened! The pixie opens it hastily and retrieves the rings. "Ooh, these match my other thing!" She slips the rings on, one in each hand, and holds them up to the light to analyze them. "It wasn't any kind of horn." She tells the shopkeeper.

14. - Top - End - #284

[Newtonmire's]

A few moments after Mimi speaks, she may suddenly find herself to be... Well, quite a bit closer to the ceiling than before. Flying might suddenly feel notably more difficult although not impossible. That and everything might seem quite a bit smaller as well.

Which, all in all, might be quite confusing for a good few minutes or two.

Of course, if the pixie were to remove one of the rings, things would at least resume their 'normal' state after a few more seconds. It might still be a jarring transition regardless but given her resilliance, it might be fun after a while.

Or completely terrifying.

It was really up to what Mimi thought at this point.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ogre in the Playground

[Newtonmire's]

"Aaaah!" Mimi is more than a little startled as the ground rushes away from her and everything else seems to press in close. Holy crap, what's going on?! She takes a step backward, but unfortunately the counter she was standing on is much smaller too. Her foot hits open air and suddenly she's tumbling off the counter. She flutters her wings, but she has no opportunity to figure out why that's not working so well before she hits the floor with a thump. The pixie groans. At least she managed to twist so she never landed on her wings.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ogre in the Playground

Magic Emporium

The Initiate grins at the question. "It does. I used to be paler than...well, let me just say when I had longer hair, my town would sometimes confuse me for a "fair maiden"." He says with a chuckle. "It also grants me enhanced stamina and strength." Bramwell tells her with a wink before gesturing at the tattoo of the garter on his neck. "And this is a mark saying that I've survived an otherwise mortal wound. Had my heart ripped out, so I'd say the Cult has it's perks."

17. - Top - End - #287

Magic Emporium

"Cult with a big C eh? Can't say I have good experience with cults overall, must since I'm not seen as a "fair maiden", or at least not the second part. Most cults seem to have an obsession with those." Dena replies as she starts to pick out a few blinding bombs that she needed.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ogre in the Playground

Magic Emporium

"I don't have much use for a maiden at the moment anyway. Not as fun."
    He tells her with a wry smile as he walks next to her. "So...a sword dancer, eh?" Bramwell asks with a quirked eyebrow. "Is it as fun as it sounds, or is it just my imagination?"

19. - Top - End - #289

Magic Emporium

"Not to mention there are no altars to chain me down to... oh wait, there is one." She gestures towards a portable altar right next to the eye-patches of true-seeing. "In any case, it probably isn't as fun as you imagine unless you're really good at it of course, like me. But seeing all the winks. I'm not even sure I can quite live up to your imagination." Dena states, smiling.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ogre in the Playground

Magic Emporium

Bramwell nods and pauses when he sees an X-Ray Monocle on a shelf. He snickers to himself before picking it up and putting it on. He doesn't care if she sees him do so, but she'll find him looking at her through it, looking somewhat impressed if she doesn't have anything that'd really block such a view. "I don't know...I'm pretty sure you could live up to anything I can imagine." He says before giving a low whistle.

21. - Top - End - #291

Magic Emporium

Dena saunters over to pick up one of the eyepatches herself, not really minding Bramwell looking at her with it considering she added some exaggerated movements to her hips. He might notice that she have several concealed weapons in her clothes not to mention that her cloak is probably enchanted considering how things seem to blur in each pocket that have been sewn into it. It doesn't blur his vision of her however.

"I know a guy who would love to have one of these. Think I'm going to buy him one for thankmas." The drow states as she picks one up and puts it on as well. "And one for myself by the looks of it." She adds as she looks over at the knight-in-training and picks up one more. "Quite useful I must say."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-12-12 at 05:38 PM.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ogre in the Playground

Magic Emporium

Bramwell crosses his arms in front of his chest and smirks when she puts on the eyepatch too. "Like what you see? Because I know I do." He asks before grinning as he waits for a reply.

She'll find out that he really is green all over, but the new skintone doesn't hide the scars or tattoos that cover his flesh. One real nasty scar is above his heart, partly hidden by his arms, but it must have been caused by something barbed for all the damage that was done. His upper thighs are covered in jagged black lines that swirl around one another, and when he spins around in place to give her a show, she'll see that the lines cross over his sides to become the antlers for the bust of a stag that's been tattooed on his lower back.

23. - Top - End - #293

Magic Emporium

"Not bad." Dena comments calmly as she is looking over Bramwell from top to toe. "Though I have to wonder why all guys here are so darn short. Or maybe I'm just too tall. Not that either side seem to mind all that much." Some parts could get awkward though.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ogre in the Playground

Magic Emporium

"Probably just a fluke." Bramwell says with a shrug before turning to continue looking at her through the eyepiece. "Get it from my father's side. Supposedly there's a bit of dwarf in our ancestry way back, but I don't seem to have developed the facial hair." He says, rubbing his chin as he jokes.

25. - Top - End - #295

Magic Emporium

"Can't say I mind the lack of it. They say I have a thing for feminine guys. Must be an elf thing, wouldn't you say?" Dena replies, bobbing her head to the side a bit.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ogre in the Playground

Magic Emporium

Bramwell chuckles and removes the X-Ray patch before giving the owner of the shop the money for it. "I don't mind being short either. Sure, it means I need a stool for some things, but it just makes others more fun." He says with a mischievous grin before pondering a moment and raising an eyebrow. "So where to from here? I doubt we have enough money to rent the shop for a few hours."

"Damn right you don't..." the storekeeper mutters, shaking his head.

27. - Top - End - #297

Magic Emporium

"I'm sure the shop keeper can tolerate our presence as long as we buy things." The drow says with a glance at salesman as she puts her eyepatches in the shopping bag. "But I was actually planning to go on a shopping round today if you're interested in tagging along. Going to buy some clothes next and then get some of them enchanted."

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ogre in the Playground

Magic Emporium

"Gladly." The Initiate says with a grin as he rests back against the counter and waits for her to finish up. "I get to watch you put things on and take them off for several more hours? Why would anyone say no?"

29. - Top - End - #299

Magic Emporium

Dena chuckles. "You have the subtlety of a construction worker, or worse, Kirk." She states as she goes to pay for her goods.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ogre in the Playground

Magic Emporium

"I find that most times subtlety doesn't really pay off."
    Bramwell admits before grinning. "And I do admit that I've perfected the wolf-whistle." He tells her before putting his fingers to his mouth and doing it loudly. Oddly, he doesn't say anything about her mentioning a name. After all, that's her business, not his.