New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Mallside V

Arcane Threads

Bramwell can't help but chuckle. "I'm sure. Remind me to tell you all my good jokes about augers and screws when I show you the place." He tells her with a smile before he heads to the counter to pay for the shirt he bought for her. "So, where to from here?" He asks as he hands the money over.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Bugbear in the Playground

Arcane Threads

Dena will pay for all the clothes and then stuff them in her cloak once she's done paying. "Well, I can see two options." She stretches her back a bit once they're out of the store. "Either we check out your place, or we can go to mine. What do you think? I don't mind either."

3. - Top - End - #423
    Ogre in the Playground

Arcane Threads

"Speaking that my normal place of residence is a Plane away and the room I'm staying at is little more than a shoebox, yours would likely be the best bet." Bramwell admits. "Not that I mind shabby hotel rooms."

4. - Top - End - #424

Arcane Threads

"I actually have a step up from a hotel room, ever heard of NO?" Dena asks as she starts walking towards the exit.

5. - Top - End - #425
    Ogre in the Playground

Arcane Threads

"Vaguely." Bramwell admits before raising his eyebrow at her. "That's where you live? Not that I have anything against mercs. Many of those who've saved my life are some."

6. - Top - End - #426

Arcane Threads

"Yep, I live there with some rather colorful characters. Our boss is the kind who makes up for his size in grumpiness. Oh, and you want to stay from his wolves too. Those ferocious beasts will tear you into pieces if you get too close. Just ask Kirk, I hear they took a good chunk of him, but he have never told me which part." Dena explains. "I do have my suspicions though."

7. - Top - End - #427
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Food Court

"Man, I don't see you for a day and it's like I miss a week. And when I miss out on a week, I straight up have to get to know them again."

And other people think their kids grow fast.

"How's Eric doing? Everything okay with him?"
    Food Court

"Don't worry, it's like that with everyone. One of the many troubles of having children that grow too quickly. Still, I wouldn't trade them for anything." Sounds trite, even coming from her, but she means it.

"Eric is alright. He had a bit of residual trouble with Yoggy, but apart from having to take some sick days that turned out fine. Looks a bit different now, paler, but Waldorf is a whiz with these things and he stopped it from getting too bad. What store do you think we should head to first?"
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

8. - Top - End - #428
    Dwarf in the Playground

Food Court

"I don't know. Hobby stores are always a nice place to start, and toy stores will be good for the kids for a while yet. Maybe I'll buy the twins a stuffed octopus or something. I've never been good at shopping for presents without a wishlist. Always snowmen towels and pot holders. Cheap tools for the men. Oh, maybe I can get a big thing of blocks or something for the pair to play with and warp to their heart's content."

9. - Top - End - #429

Food Court -> Wandering

"Well, okay, something to build is probably a good idea for the kids. How about instead of blocks, we try to find them some modelling clay of some kind? I've already got a few things in mind of my own to give them, so a few blocks of clay from you instead of me wouldn't hurt my shopping any. As for Eric, tools would be a nice gesture but I don't think he's much for fixing things... except for electronics. Maybe some small tools for that, and a few games for that console of his? He hardly ever uses it anymore, but it might be a nice reminder, and you'd know better about games than I would, sadly." Julie's never been into tech or computers, that's Nathaniel's gig.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

10. - Top - End - #430
    Dwarf in the Playground

Wandering

"Ooh, what console?" Kate will begin to steer toward the Electronics Asylum. "That is something I know to shop for."

11. - Top - End - #431

Wandering

"Ooh, what console?" Kate will begin to steer toward the Electronics Asylum. "That is something I know to shop for."
    Wandering

"I wouldn't know the brand name, it's been too long, but I can describe it to you." Julie describes the console's shape, colour, and notable features well enough that Kate should easily be able to pin it down.

12. - Top - End - #432
    Dwarf in the Playground

Wandering to Electronics Asylum

"Yeah, I know it. And this is the place to get the gift." Kate says as she walks into the store.

"Hello and welcome to Electronics Asylum! I'm Eliza Hexadecimal, and I'm not a robot!"
    The ever-chipper store owner chirps up as the pair enters. Kate doesn't seem to give her much mind, simply nodding in her direction. Kate will then go about choosing Eric's present(s).

13. - Top - End - #433

Wandering to Electronics Asylum

"Yeah, I know it. And this is the place to get the gift." Kate says as she walks into the store.

"Hello and welcome to Electronics Asylum! I'm Eliza Hexadecimal, and I'm not a robot!"
    The ever-chipper store owner chirps up as the pair enters. Kate doesn't seem to give her much mind, simply nodding in her direction. Kate will then go about choosing Eric's present(s).
    Electronics Asylum

"Hey there sug. I'm Julie, and I'm really ashamed of my brother." With no explanation given, Julie starts peering around the store aimlessly, "Do you happen to sell things to maintain electronics too? Disc cleaning kits, and maybe those sets of special screwdrivers for taking apart casings with the really tiny screws? Oh, and brushes for dust removal, that kind of stuff. Anything you think would be appropriate really, it's for a gift."

14. - Top - End - #434
    Dwarf in the Playground

Electronics Asylum

"Yes we do! Here a-a-a-a-a-" click click click "Here at Electronics Asylum, you can buy any number of implements and devices to care for your other implements and devices! I would like to reccommend..." She then goes about recommending things, saying what they do, and generally being as helpful as nonrobotically possible.
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2012-12-31 at 06:49 PM.

15. - Top - End - #435

Electronics Asylum

Julie will look over everything that's recommended, but will only put aside some of the better looking examples of things she knows Eric needs to service his electronics. It doesn't amount to a very big pile, so she goes back and swaps out a few of the base things for higher end versions, and adds a few more of the non-essentials as well.

"What do you think Kate, will all this make a nice stocking stuffer? I'll probably go for something a bit more expensive for his actual gift."

16. - Top - End - #436
    Dwarf in the Playground

Electronics Asylum

Kate walks over, having chose her gifts. "Yeah, that's good stuff. Not what I think of when I think "stocking stuffer," though. Well, my family never had a lot of money, anyway." Kate then goes about purchasing the items she chose.

17. - Top - End - #437

Electronics Asylum

Julie tilts her head, pondering for a moment, "Do you think it's too much? This is my first time buying for anyone, and my second Thanksmas since we didn't really have a gift-giving holiday back home, so I'm a bit out of my element here."

18. - Top - End - #438
    Dwarf in the Playground

Electronics Asylum

"Each person to their own, some people back home holiday shopped themselves deep into debt. Ignoring all the commercialization, there is no one telling you how big a given present needs to be."

Kate pays for her purchase, and as Eliza hands her the sack she freezes.

"Hello, Miss Kyland! How are you today?"

"I'm fine, thank you," Kate answers as she takes the sack. She doesn't seem to think this is odd.

19. - Top - End - #439

Electronics Asylum

"Well, I've got a spending limit in mind, so I'm not shopping myself into debt or anything. I just didn't want to seem too extravagant if it'd be embarrassing." Either embarrassing for her or for someone else who'd bought a less pricey gift. Decorum is a big part of gift giving, and not showing others up is a big part of decorum assuming everyone actually likes each other.

"Got any ideas for Copi I might be able to steal? I've found it... difficult to reliably buy for admitted psychopaths in the past. She seemed to like that coat I gave her though." Not that Julie expected she'd dislike the coat. It was one of her finer pieces of work. The succubus shrugs and pays for her own purchases in cash, thanking Eliza for the help and heading for the door.

20. - Top - End - #440
    Dwarf in the Playground

Electronics Asylum

"Not sure. Let me think... it would be something useful, that she can't just use her psionics to do. So... the first thing that jumps to my mind is a smart phone, so that she can call people when she needs to or check the internet... but on second thought I offered to buy her one of those a couple times before and she never really wanted one. I wonder if she kind of really likes her disconnect from the technology world. Maybe I'll ask her about it sometime. So, in short, I haven't the foggiest idea. Since she doesn't need to- Oh!" Kate claps, having suddenly had an idea. "How many pockets did that coat have? Maybe some kind of bag or something might be appreciated. Everyone find some things they want to bring with them."

21. - Top - End - #441

Electronics Asylum -> Wandering Again

"I could see a bag being useful, even though the coat was a labcoat style piece and had a lot of big pockets. She can't be wearing it all the time, so having something to store things in while she's not might be useful, and it'll be a nice thought even if she doesn't use it. It's something I'd rather make than buy though, but I'll still have to pick up some heavy duty leather and buckles for material, so we can probably go to Arcane Threads or a craft store for that next."

"So what's up with Ms. Not-a-robot in there?"

22. - Top - End - #442
    Dwarf in the Playground

Wandering Again

"Not entirely sure. For the most part, watching her she looks perfectly normal, talking with her is kind of odd, and sometimes she just glitches out. I'm not quite sure what to make of it, but she's polite and knowledgeable. Arcane threads is... that way. Not really sure where a craft store is, though." There probably is one, it just doesn't get much advertising or something.

23. - Top - End - #443
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Arcane Threads

"Yep, I live there with some rather colorful characters. Our boss is the kind who makes up for his size in grumpiness. Oh, and you want to stay from his wolves too. Those ferocious beasts will tear you into pieces if you get too close. Just ask Kirk, I hear they took a good chunk of him, but he have never told me which part." Dena explains. "I do have my suspicions though."
    Arcane Threads

Bramwell snickers at the implied area and offers the "Lady" his arm. "Well then, I suppose we could find out eventually. We'll just have to ask the wolves themselves. If you could lead the way?" He asks with a smile.

24. - Top - End - #444

Wandering Again

"Not entirely sure. For the most part, watching her she looks perfectly normal, talking with her is kind of odd, and sometimes she just glitches out. I'm not quite sure what to make of it, but she's polite and knowledgeable. Arcane threads is... that way. Not really sure where a craft store is, though." There probably is one, it just doesn't get much advertising or something.
    Wandering Towards Arcane Threads

"Let's hit Threads then, and if I can't find anything there then I'll keep it in mind when I'm picking up more bolts of cloth at the hobby shop I usually go to. Might be able to find some new fashions I can steal when making clothes while we're there too." It's pretty obvious Julie never buys clothes unless she can't make them herself, such as shoes.

"Then we'll probably need to go to a toy store for all that stuff we talked about for the twins. Thanksmas is really for them this year, as far as my cabin is concerned."

25. - Top - End - #445
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Yeah. You know, I'm beginning to notice just how little of the mall I'm familiar with." Kate looks around a bit. "I really have never set foot in a lot of these stores."

26. - Top - End - #446

"Yeah. You know, I'm beginning to notice just how little of the mall I'm familiar with." Kate looks around a bit. "I really have never set foot in a lot of these stores."

"Pandimensional spaces are like that sometimes. It's like if your friend kept coming home with a new guy every night. You'd never be able to remember all the names, and it's doubtful even she does." What a... colorful analogy. Julie walks through the doors of the clothing store, looking over the racks to see what cuts and fabrics she might find. There's an awfully large selection to be had, as expected of one of the more popular NPC run clothing stores in the mall.

27. - Top - End - #447
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate does not comment on Julie's analogy, instead just looking around. She views some of the more... eccentric outfits.

"You know, this really shouldn't surprise me, but I wasn't expecting to see examples of JRPG fashion here."

It's not that eccentric, silly girl. JRPG fashion is further along.

28. - Top - End - #448

Arcane Threads

"Probably in the back with the rest of the underwear and bondage gear. I'll be right back, I have to go ask an employee if they stock uncut fabric before I start to browse. Feel free to start without me." Julie wanders towards the cash register to see if there are any unbusy employees hanging around there, leaving Kate alone for a moment.

29. - Top - End - #449
    Dwarf in the Playground

Arcane Threads

"...start?"

She... what? Was she going to buy something in here? She doesn't remember going to buy something here.

Kate thinks for a minute. Hmm... that's not something available here, but it is a good gift idea for Julie.

30. - Top - End - #450

Arcane Threads

Julie is back soon enough, shaking her head, "They say they order it in through secured gates, but that's a bit more expensive than I want to deal with, and they don't have anything in store. I guess you decided against browsing then?" Julie indicates the fact that Kate's still standing in pretty much the same place the succubus left her in.