New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Mallside V

[EE - Dorota's Lab]

Syela will, of course, dutifully help Dorota with whatever is needed of her. She'ss eager to see what this process is.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mental Menagerie]

"Well, given that I kind of like being able to use my body, is there a way to get rid of the pain?" Eric asks, looking frustrated.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Dwarf in the Playground

[EE - John's Workbench]

John has finished up his last batch of custom molded bullets tucking them away. He has just a bit more work to do on the M-16 he has been modifying. He takes the barrel of that and gets to work engraving inside it. His long handled mirror letting him see what he is doing, delicate work for sure.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

4. - Top - End - #94
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [Mental Menagerie]

"Well, given that I kind of like being able to use my body, is there a way to get rid of the pain?" Eric asks, looking frustrated.
    Mental Menagerie

"We can try to reverse whatever is happening to your body and keep it that way, or we can let it progress to however long it will be until you don't feel pain anymore and stop it there. I can try speeding it up in the case of the latter, but to actually reverse it will require research. I've never needed to de-eldritch things before."
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Dana's Place

Lily smiles brilliantly, nearly jumping up and down as she reaches way up to put the picture on the counter for Gerri to take, "You can have it. I hope it makes you a bit happier, with all the stuff going on." Drawing it made Lily forget about all that nasty stuff, so logically owning it might do the same for Gerri, at least to a child.
    "Thank you, Lily." Gerri takes the picture. She's quite impressed, and doesn't have much to say beyond that.

It's a pity she's blind. She could be... it's a pity she's blind.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mental Menagerie]

Eric thinks for a moment, looking down at it. There isn't enough information yet, though... "Can you try to predict what'll happen if we let it go?"

7. - Top - End - #97

Mental Menagerie

"I don't doubt that eventually your body will be back to where it was when you first met Julie. Obviously, I would stop it before it got to that point if that was your wish, assuming that it would take that long for the pain to stop, and we could go about finding another option. I'm not really in favor of leaving it to go on ahead without regulation, but it would be the fastest option if you are dead set on getting back into your body as soon as possible. Of course, you could always ride in the back of Julie's head while I try and undo this, but that could take quite a while."

Julie perks up at that. It had been quite some time since she and Eric had any time shared in one headspace. She still remembered the last time in fact, with the car, and the sudden revelation of Eric's feminine side.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mental Menagerie]

Eric scratches at his current Ethereal head, "I'm... curious as to what I'd turn into without Yog-Sothoth's influence though," Eric says, "How quickly could you get an accurate prediction of that?"" Apparently, Eric's opportunistic streak is still running.

9. - Top - End - #99

Mental Menagerie

Waldorf looks bemused for a moment, and then smug, "Considering you're talking to me, anywhere from five minutes ago to just this moment. However, peeking in on the end result of someone's timeline is... troublesome would be the best word for it. Going ahead on the universal timeline is no trouble, as individual changes aren't set in stone, but actively going ahead on your personal timeline to see what would be can make it an inevitability if I'm incautious about it.

In more simple terms, finding out what may be may make it what will be. If you're still interested, I can take you along to when your body would finish altering to a point where there's no more pain involved, but you must be aware of the consequences of doing so."

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dana's Place]

"You want your ice cream now?" Dana asks Lily. If so, she offers her hand to the girl to guide her into a seat and then gives her the ice cream.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mental Menagerie]

Eric breathes out, as meaningless as that is for someone in an astral form, "I'd honestly rather not screw with timelines and such if I can help it. Julie, would you be willing to house me while Waldorf does his thing? I'd much rather wait for the results; it means that if it's bad, we can impose preventative measures. If it's good, we didn't screw anything up to get there."

12. - Top - End - #102

Mental Menagerie

"Of course I will Eric. But don't think this means you'll be ducking your share of the housework. I'll just have to let you take control when it's your turn to cook. You have some sick days saved up with your job, right? We can tell them your body is indisposed, and Wally can leave it at the clinic in GLoG while he works to back that up." It isn't lying, and Julie certainly isn't going to let Eric use her body to go to work while there are two kids to take care of. If it takes longer than the sick days allow for then they'll have to come up with another option, but until then it's best not to complicate things.

Waldorf doesn't weigh in on this, content that he has a new eldritch mystery to solve that will fill some of his time.

Dana's Place

"Yay!" Lily gets up on her stool with some trouble and tucks into the ice cream when it's set down, making tiny little adorable sounds of approval as she does so. There's very little anyone could do to get a coherent thought out of her at this point, as she's being overloaded by sugary and creamy goodness.
    Last edited by Slii Arhem; 2012-10-10 at 04:28 PM.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mental Menagerie]

Eric nods, "That sounds good to me then; we can get maybe a week before people start getting upset. That should be enough time for now."

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

[EE - Dorota's Lab]

Once the process is finished, the alchemist and her two assistants will end up with a clear blue liquid that Dorota keeps in a very thick glass bottle. She proceeds to carry it to the flask with a pair of tongs to the test tube with the fae essense. There, she will enlist Syela's aid, telling her to quickly unplug the tube so she can pour the liquefying agent inside. If it succeeds, the potion will try to mix with the essense, stabilizing it and creating a liquid with the same properties, but stable and only showing its properties if it comes into contact with living tissue.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

[EE - Dorota's Lab]

There's a very short window of opportunity to get the liquifying solution inside the test tube, but should they succeed at this, the fey essence will indeed be solidified into a golden liquid with pink whorls appearing at random from time to time.

If they're slow at all, the process will take a bit longer and all the magic will escape into the air, to the same effect as their last attempt.

16. - Top - End - #106

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [Mental Menagerie]

Eric nods, "That sounds good to me then; we can get maybe a week before people start getting upset. That should be enough time for now."
    Mental Menagerie

"Alright then, just slip through the link into my head, and we'll take the kids home. It's been a long day, and I've still got to whip something up for us all to eat." Julie seems fairly weary, while Prism...

Is trying to colour her daddy's mental projection neon green at the edges. Waldorf seems to approve of this effort.

"It shouldn't take nearly so long as that. I'll check in every three days that pass though, and let you know how things are going. I expect that I'll have a better idea after the first three."

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mental Menagerie]

"Alright, how do I do that..." he mumbles to himself, before somehow managing to get it. Within moments, Julie will have Eric inside her head, leaving prism's colors hanging in the air. Scylla will immediately start 'walking' over to Julie, wondering where Daddy went.

18. - Top - End - #108

Mental Menagerie

Julie points to the side of her head, "Daddy's up in here now darling. Now come on, let's go home and get some supper into you two." Julie bends over to pick up Scylla, then walks over to where Prism is sitting and scoops her up too, relying on her telekinesis to lighten the load of the two toddlers. She turns to Waldorf inquiringly, "Can you get him over to the cabin for me? I'll bring him to see Quinn once we get home." Waldorf nods, and disappears from sight, attempting to bring Eric's body along through time back to Rowan cabin.

If you want to talk, you can just take over the vocal cords anytime I'm not saying anything. I can make it sound like it's your voice with a bit of effort if you let me know ahead of time."

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mental Menagerie]

Wally should have no trouble bringing Eric's body through time, so no issue there.

Scylla rests her head against Julie, "So daddy is a headbug now?"

Right, I'll keep that in mind. For the record, I have no idea how you handle curves like this all the time. Not that I mind, certainly.
    Last edited by Halae; 2012-10-10 at 06:26 PM.

20. - Top - End - #110

Mental Menagerie

"Exactly sweetie, Daddy is a headbug." Julie replies, completely serious as she walks out the door and towards the main Mall exit.

Oh, just practice, and a dogged determination to drive my man wild with a mere glance and a swaying gait." Putting deeds to her words, Julie begins to sashay, somehow managing it while she keeps the kids held firmly in her arms.

And then off she goes back home for now, wondering idly what to cook now that she's eating for two.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Troll in the Playground

[EE - Dorota's Lab]

Crissy stays close - but she tries not to be too close - observing the process as it, well, processes, and takes notes every step of the way.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

[EE - Dorota's Lab]

Syela quickly and carefully follows Dorota's instructions to the letter. She'll be just as fast replacing the stopper on the tube just as fast as she took it off.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

[EE - Dorota's Lab]

The solution is applied quickly and turns the fey essence into a liquid. Dorota lets out a long breath.
    "Whew. We got lucky. If we'd been a little slower, we'd have a lot of chaos on our hands. That means the first step is behind us. Now... we need to make the potion work consistently."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dana's Place

After a moment, Dana takes a pair of reading glasses out of her pocket and looks at the picture closely. It's very nice... she specifically compares the Dana in the picture with real Dana. That's impressive.

"Well, I should get going. I have things to do. Probably."

25. - Top - End - #115
    Troll in the Playground

[EE - Dorota's Lab]

"Yeah, that could have, like, been a problem. And, um, totally embarassing," Crissy observes with a nod. "So, how do we make it consistent?"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

[EE - Dorota's Lab]

"Don't we need to try and figure out what exactly the potion will do and control that too?" Syela asks.

[Dana's Place]

Dana giggles at Lily's enthusiasm. She always loved watching kids dig into their ice cream, and doubly so for Lily and Michael.

"Oh, well it was nice meeting you." She replies to Gerri. "Maybe we can chat the next time you feel like some ice cream."

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

[EE - Dorota's Lab]

"Yes, we do. It's possible now that we have the essence in the form of a liquid, but it won't be easy. Any suggestions as to how to test it?" Dorota asks, rubbing her chin.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Troll in the Playground

[EE - Dorota's Lab]

"Well, um, it's supposed to have effects on people, right?" Crissy asks, a little hesitantly.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

[EE - Dorota's Lab]

"Maybe we could..." Syela thinks for a moment. "Test it on some kind of animal and see what it does to that? It probably shouldn't hurt it."

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

[EE - Dorota's Lab]

"Nothing wrong with it, I suppose," Dorota says. "The effects aren't harmful and wear off in time. So we could give it to some lab rats."