New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: 2 rounds to kill a target that has infinite SR and is immune to Saving Throws

Quote Originally Posted by Chess435 View Post
    My shapechange trick still works, since you can use Time Stop to get through the two rounds faster than it can.
    And if you say Time Stop doesn't work because you're dead in two of your rounds...

That makes sense on a plane with the Fast Time trait. But not with Time Stop. Time Stop just speeds you up to the point that everything else is standing still, it doesn't actually stop time for everyone but you.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: 2 rounds to kill a target that has infinite SR and is immune to Saving Throws

Quote Originally Posted by ShneekeyTheLost View Post
    For v6, it's easy.

Arcane Thesis + Sanctum Spell + Spell Matrix + Spellsurge. Infinite recursive (Hail of Stone + Energy Substitution (Force)).

Have a nice day.
    Hmm... Yep that does it V.6 is killed by ShneekeyTheLost *Scribble*

Failing that? Ice Assassin. Go play with yourself and leave me alone.
    You still die, because the creature is in existance, and 2 rounds will pass for you, before 2 rounds pass for it.

Or, if you really want to get cheesy, Plane Shift to a plane with a high time dilation. Craft up hundreds of Ice Assassins and sick them on it.
    It goes by your time, not the Stuffy Dolls time

Failing that, Mindrape. You don't want to kill me.
    It's Mindless and therefore immune.

Also, how does it have such an arbitrarily high touch AC? There's plenty of ways to obviate most of it.
    I legitimately rolled a [roll]100d100[/roll] for it and got something like 5,367 or something like that (wonder what I'll roll this time?) If you'd like I can just take a legitimate method of stating out his AC
    Larloch, The Shadow King (w/ Ioun Stones) avatar by Iron Penguin

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanist View Post
    Hmm... Yep that does it V.6 is killed by ShneekeyTheLost *Scribble*
    Lesser Orb of Force also works and is more legit, I have edited my post to reflect this. Sure, I only hit on a nat-20, but considering I have infinite attacks in one round... not a problem

It goes by your time, not the Stuffy Dolls time
    Anticipate Teleport. Go get stuck in a space/time fold for a few days. Now I have plenty of time to do the deed.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

Lesser Orb of Force also works and is more legit, I have edited my post to reflect this. Sure, I only hit on a nat-20, but considering I have infinite attacks in one round... not a problem

Anticipate Teleport. Go get stuck in a space/time fold for a few days. Now I have plenty of time to do the deed.
    I'll review the adjustments

How exactly are you getting yourself trapped in an Anticipated Teleport rig?

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

I'll review the adjustments

How exactly are you getting yourself trapped in an Anticipated Teleport rig?
    Stuffy Doll uses Greater Teleport to get to you. Anticipate Teleport, it tries to teleport to you, and gets caught in a space/time fold. Oops.

Besides, there's all kinds of ways to stop Teleports. Forbiddance, that stone thingy, Dimension Lock... it's pretty trivial to be able to keep Stuffy Doll from getting to you.
    Last edited by ShneekeyTheLost; 2012-09-24 at 04:29 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #96
    Firbolg in the Playground

HalflingPirate

V.5: Creature has Undead (Incorporeal) creature type, 1 billion HP, 84 million HD, - str, 1 dex, - con, - int, 1 wis, 1 cha, DR 15/-, Fire, Cold, Lightning, Acid & Sonic Resistance 20, Regeneration (takes normal damage from magic). Status: Eliminated by dextercorvia's I hate infinite damage loops...

V.6: Creature has Undead (Incorporeal) creature type, 1 billion HP, 84 million HD, Touch AC 5,300, - str, 1 dex, - con, - int, 1 wis, 1 cha, DR 15/-, Fire, Cold, Lightning, Acid & Sonic Resistance 20, Regeneration (takes normal damage from force spells), Immunity to Ability damage/drain in addition to previous immunities, Archetypal Shape (see Sharn). Status: Still standing.
    Sorry. I need to switch Version 5 to Orb of Force. Shadow Conjuration allows SR, and actual Hail of Stone requires too much gp worth of material components.

That takes down V6 if no one else has already. (@Shneeky: There is no Energy Substitution ForceI see where you switched to lesser orb of force.).
    Last edited by dextercorvia; 2012-09-24 at 04:35 PM.
    Dex

Spoiler
    Show
    Regarding my Necrotic Apprentice trick:
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    This is brilliant.
    Regarding my Non-Epic Hidecarved Dragon:
    Quote Originally Posted by Amphetryon View Post
    Nicely done. Probably too cheesy for many tables, but I'd be inclined to allow it at mine, just for chutzpah.

Have a cookie.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Check out the Versatile Domain Generalist.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

It can still wish teleport to you (regardless of local conditions clause)
    Blank 3.5 Character Creator Iron Chef Style Tables (in Google Sheets)

Chairman Emeritus of Zinc Saucier.

Avatar by Derjuin, sing her praises to Elysium.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    So now you're claiming that spellcasting "lacks a clear, supernatural element?" Being supernatural is literally the only point of magic.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mattie_p View Post
    It can still wish teleport to you (regardless of local conditions clause)
    Read the Stuffy Doll post. It specifically says it uses Greater Teleport or Plane Shift. Both of which can be neutralized trivially. It doesn't use Wish to get to you, so it is irrelevant.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dextercorvia View Post
    Sorry. I need to switch Version 5 to Orb of Force. Shadow Conjuration allows SR, and actual Hail of Stone requires too much gp worth of material components.

That takes down V6 if no one else has already. (@Shneeky: There is no Energy Substitution Force).
    Having connection problems so I haven't edited it. I just linked it to your comment, so just edit it. Stop killing everything Dex

Stuffy Doll uses Greater Teleport to get to you. Anticipate Teleport, it tries to teleport to you, and gets caught in a space/time fold. Oops.

Besides, there's all kinds of ways to stop Teleports. Forbiddance, that stone thingy, Dimension Lock... it's pretty trivial to be able to keep Stuffy Doll from getting to you.
    It doesn't have to be near you to kill you, it is effectively shooting a mind bullet at you across infinite planes or wherever. It only teleports towards you to give you a better chance at killing it. The moment 2 rounds pass, you automatically die. So a Weirdstone, Forbiddance, or Anticipate Teleport can only hurt you really.

EDIT: V.7 is up and running. I'm curious how you'll get through this without your orbs
    Last edited by Arcanist; 2012-09-24 at 04:50 PM.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Firbolg in the Playground

HalflingPirate

Having connection problems so I haven't edited it. I just linked it to your comment, so just edit it. Stop killing everything Dex
    Done with the first part. The second is more difficult. It's like Ruffles -- I bet you can't just kill one.
    Dex

Spoiler
    Show
    Regarding my Necrotic Apprentice trick:
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    This is brilliant.
    Regarding my Non-Epic Hidecarved Dragon:
    Quote Originally Posted by Amphetryon View Post
    Nicely done. Probably too cheesy for many tables, but I'd be inclined to allow it at mine, just for chutzpah.

Have a cookie.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Check out the Versatile Domain Generalist.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

It doesn't have to be near you to kill you, it is effectively shooting a mind bullet at you across infinite planes or wherever. It only teleports towards you to give you a better chance at killing it. The moment 2 rounds pass, you automatically die. So a Weirdstone, Forbiddance, or Anticipate Teleport can only hurt you really.

EDIT: V.7 is up and running. I'm curious how you'll get through this without your orbs
    I fail to see how the stuffy doll can kill me when it is locked in a space/time warp. If it ceases to exist for several days, it cannot kill me. I maintain that Anticipate Teleport negates the threat.

Furthermore, this is getting simply arbitrary and boring. Same old blunt-force attempt at a solution 'boost stats!' or 'IMMUNE!', when stats are irrelevant. It's the mechanics of the game you are trying to stop, which is a contradiction in terms.

Besides, just use Force Missile Mage to allow Magic Missile to bypass SR with the same infinite recursive spell trick. Done.
    Last edited by ShneekeyTheLost; 2012-09-24 at 04:54 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #102
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Does it normal AC equal it's touch AC? If it doesn't then wouldn't a d2 crusader kill it in one hit?

13. - Top - End - #103
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

I fail to see how the stuffy doll can kill me when it is locked in a space/time warp. If it ceases to exist for several days, it cannot kill me. I maintain that Anticipate Teleport negates the threat.

Furthermore, this is getting simply arbitrary and boring. Same old blunt-force attempt at a solution 'boost stats!' or 'IMMUNE!', when stats are irrelevant. It's the mechanics of the game you are trying to stop, which is a contradiction in terms.

Besides, just use Force Missile Mage to allow Magic Missile to bypass SR with the same infinite recursive spell trick. Done.
    Because strictly, it's not the Stuffy Doll that is killing you, it is the Curse of the Stuffy Doll that it lays on you immediately before attempting the Teleport. The Curse has already taken effect, so if you lock it in a space/time warp or temporarily erase it from reality, all that results in is you being unable to fulfill the two-round victory condition.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Is it immune to orbs of annihilation? Throw a portable hole into a bag of holding near it with magic?
    Most people see a half orc and and think barbarian warrior. Me on the other hand? I think secondary trap handler and magic item tester. Also I'm not allowed to trick the next level one wizard into starting a fist fight with a house cat no matter how annoying he is.
    Yes I know it's sarcasm. It's a joke. Pale green is for snarking
    Thread wins: 2

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

Think of it this way.

Turn 0: Psychic Pokemon #1 uses Future Sight on Flying Pokemon #2.
    Turn 1: Flying pokemon #2 uses Whirlwind on Psychic Pokemon #1.
    Turn 2: Flying pokemon #2 still takes the Future Sight attack and faints.

In this case, unless Psychic Pokemon #1 is K.O'd, Flying Pokemon #2 will still be K.O'd.

Hopefully this will make sense

It's an increased difficulty challenge. Effectively at first it is incredibly easy, but slowly gets more annoying and hard. It gives the solver a light sense of accomplishment, like when you were in school and solved a problem that was giving you trouble for a while. You felt pretty good on the inside for a minute

Originally, this was me looking for interesting tricks for spells (without bluntly putting it like so). Also for the current incarnation of Stuffy doll you have to beat it with 5 level spells or higher so Force Missile Mage and infinite Magic Missile shenanigans wouldn't exactly work on V.7
    Last edited by Arcanist; 2012-09-24 at 05:12 PM.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Barbarian in the Playground

Wouldn't you be able to bypass V.7 with This but changing it to Orb of Sound where applicable and adding both Invisible Spell and Heighten spell for it all to fit in the same spell slot but bypass the Glove of Invulnerability?

Just tossing out a guess.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terumitsu View Post
    Wouldn't you be able to bypass V.7 with This but changing it to Orb of Sound where applicable and adding both Invisible Spell and Heighten spell for it all to fit in the same spell slot but bypass the Glove of Invulnerability?

Just tossing out a guess.
    ... Shut up Yeah, I didn't notice that... I had to read it a 2nd time...

V.8 is up and ready.
    Last edited by Arcanist; 2012-09-24 at 05:19 PM.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Uh? What's the difference? If there is one can I still use a cantrip or telekinesis to throw a portable hole into a bag of holding from a distance?
    Most people see a half orc and and think barbarian warrior. Me on the other hand? I think secondary trap handler and magic item tester. Also I'm not allowed to trick the next level one wizard into starting a fist fight with a house cat no matter how annoying he is.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Barbarian in the Playground

As above but with Transdimensional Spell. Arcane Thesis keeps it at the same spell slot.

I think that's all that needs to be done? Aside from a Quickened casting of True Seeing that is. Using the Cleric side for this part as it's only a level 5 spell for them so it's still valid albeit a level 9 slot. Someone else can refine that more if they care to.
    Last edited by Terumitsu; 2012-09-24 at 05:30 PM.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Bugbear in the Playground

V.8: Creature has Undead (Incorporeal) creature type, 1 billion HP, 84 million HD, Touch AC 5,300, - str, 1 dex, - con, - int, 1 wis, 1 cha, DR 15/-, Fire, Cold, Lightning, Acid & Sonic Resistance 20, Regeneration (takes normal damage from sonic spells), Immunity to Ability damage/drain in addition to previous immunities, Archetypal Shape (see Sharn), Continuous effect of Globe of Invulnerability, Ethereal. Status: Still standing.
    Use Dextercovia's idea

Quote Originally Posted by dextercorvia View Post
    Sorcerer//X

Need Arcane Thesis Orb of Force, Maximize Spell, Easy Metamagic Maximize, and Sanctum Spell

Round 1: Cast Greater Arcane Fusion containing X=Sanctum Greater Arcane Fusion(X,Y), and Y=Sanctum Maximized Orb of Force.

Each casting deals 60 points of force damage, no save, no SR, and hits on a nat 20. This continues until it is dead, and then I can choose something else, so the loop is stoppable.

Round 2: Drink a cup of tea.

Edited to avoid SR.
    But in round 1 cast Swift Etherealness and then Antimagic Field to negate the Globe of Invulnerability effect. Then Arcane Fusion from outside the field. Orb of Force is conjuration and technically ignores Antimagic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Talya View Post
    A guy going by a forum moniker starting with "Darth" asks what amounts to...

"Perhaps you feel you're being treated unfairly?

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ryu View Post
    Uh? What's the difference? If there is one can I still use a cantrip or telekinesis to throw a portable hole into a bag of holding from a distance?
    An Arrow of Destruction? eh... I'm not going to let that one fly, because... Well I'm not even sure it functions mechanically in D&D. Still a good idea though

EDIT: Ack! Curses! Dex has created the Formula for success

I must think of something more, that makes this much more difficult... Hmm...

ooo... I think I have a wonderful Idea... *scribble*
    Last edited by Arcanist; 2012-09-24 at 05:31 PM.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ryu View Post
    The difference is that Etherial stops Orb of Sound from being able to hit.

Apply the Interdimensional Spell metamagic. It's only +1, so it doesn't change the spell's level at all. Dead, in exactly the same way as the last two versions.

Next.

Edit: Ninja'd.
    Last edited by DaedalusMkV; 2012-09-24 at 05:30 PM.
    Avatar by the wonderful SubLimePie. Former avatar by Andraste.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

V.8 should go down to prepending disjunction to e.g. Shneekey's infinite actions trick. (If I'm reading disjunction right, and the Will save only applies to objects caught in the burst.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Water_Bear View Post
    That's RAW for you; 100% Rules-Legal, 110% silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by hamishspence View Post
    "Common sense" and "RAW" are not exactly on speaking terms
    Projects: Homebrew, Gentlemen's Agreement, DMPCs, Forbidden Knowledge safety, and Top Ten Worst. Also, Quotes and RACSD are good.

Anyone knows blue is for sarcas'ing in · "Take 10 SAN damage from Dark Orchid" · Use of gray may indicate nitpicking · Green is sincerity

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    Wouldn't work. You cannot lower infinite spell resistance.
    You can't lower spell immunity. You can voluntarily lower your own spell resistance as a standard action.
    Last edited by ericgrau; 2012-09-24 at 05:49 PM.
    So you never have to interrupt a game to look up a rule again:
    My 3.5e Rules Cheat Sheets: Normal, With Consolidated Skill System
    TOGC's 3.5e Spell/etc Cards: rpgnow / drivethru rpg
    Utilities: Magic Item Shop Generator (Req. MS Excel), Balanced Low Magic Item System
    Printable Cardstock Dungeon Tiles and other terrain stuff (100 MB)

25. - Top - End - #115
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Anyone know a way to remove the saving throw from poisons? A dose of the Liquid Mortality positoxin would oneshot it, but it's Fort DC20 negates (affects undead).

26. - Top - End - #116

EDIT: Ack! Curses! Dex has created the Formula for success
    To be fair, the infinite Arcane Fusion loop is pretty well know. It was the first thing that came to my mind but Dex had already put it up before i'd even seen the thread.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I wish for an orb of annihilation for version 9. It COULD work... It's not in the spirit of the thread but it is theoretically possible depending on ruling.
    Last edited by ryu; 2012-09-24 at 05:42 PM.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DaedalusMkV View Post
    The difference is that Etherial stops Orb of Sound from being able to hit.

Apply the Interdimensional Spell metamagic. It's only +1, so it doesn't change the spell's level at all. Dead, in exactly the same way as the last two versions.

Next.

Edit: Ninja'd.
    I've got it now

Additional ability:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Karma (Su)
    The Stuffy Doll is a living punishment tool and as a result it has learned to share it's pain with a creature that it has cursed. When a Stuffy Doll uses it's Curse upon a creature a link is created between the Stuffy Doll and the target begin to share a soul. In essence, the creature takes any damage that the Stuffy Doll takes with an additional 20 points of damage. This bond only works for damage sent from the victim. For example: Milee is targeted by a Stuffy Doll, Milee attacks the Stuffy doll with a heightened Orb of Sound dealing 23 sonic damage (accounting for resistance). In response, Milee takes 43 damage due to Karma, however If the Stuffy Doll were to get harmed by say falling off a cliff then only the Stuffy Doll would take damage.

EDIT: Sorry for not mentioning anything about the Sphere of Annihilation If you can find a RAW (or RACSD) method of gaining a Sphere of Annihilation, by all means feel free to use it
    Last edited by Arcanist; 2012-09-24 at 05:45 PM.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Same thing with the pact revival thing stacked.

Edit:
    Wish, miracle, or if rule zero with pizza bribes. All within raw. Also combinations.

30. - Top - End - #120

I've got it now

Additional ability:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Karma (Su)
    The Stuffy Doll is a living punishment tool and as a result it has learned to share it's pain with a creature that it has cursed. When a Stuffy Doll uses it's Curse upon a creature a link is created between the Stuffy Doll and the target begin to share a soul. In essence, the creature takes any damage that the Stuffy Doll takes with an additional 20 points of damage. This bond only works for damage sent from the victim. For example: Milee is targeted by a Stuffy Doll, Milee attacks the Stuffy doll with a heightened Orb of Sound dealing 23 sonic damage (accounting for resistance). In response, Milee takes 43 damage due to Karma.

Same trick but alternate the 4th level spell between the Orb and Sanctum Spell Indomitability to always remain on 1 HP.
    Last edited by Darth_Versity; 2012-09-24 at 05:49 PM. Reason: missed sanctum spell