New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: LGBTAitp 27: Of Shoes, and Ships, and Sealing Wax

Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    I'm just kidding, old is like, eighty or something. Besides, a wet-behind-the-ears whippersnapper like me sees nineteen as old.
    It's true.....you are only as old as you feel anyway. Which some days is a young, spry 18 year old...............and sometimes an 80 yr old
    My Extended Signature, Check it out!

DMing:

Amazing Irish Avatar by Savannah

My own 5e Bard Subclass
    Made by the awesome Wartex1!

LGBTA+ Ally

2. - Top - End - #542
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arachu View Post
    Wait, gay people don't like being called "sir"? This is news to me.

*Hugs*

~Bianca
    Apparently . Although I think the jury might still be out.

Quote Originally Posted by Astrella View Post
    Hm hm.
    I talked to a few other people about it and apparently the SRS thing for name change is just a formality and they usually just put a year after you start hormones on it to satisfy the legal requirements. So it's more of a 'government wants it to put it on there'. Am rather frustrated with SRS being a requirement for a legal gender change though. Just feels like the entire business is rather very out of touch with trans people. :/

Edit: Orchiectomy apparently counts too; you just have to be "permanently infertile".
    Well, that's stupid, and your government should feel bad !

Quote Originally Posted by Astrella View Post
    Yeah, the getting called 'sir' really stings often. :<

Also haha at the being gay just in another way. Hope everything goes well and your parents don't give you too much hassle. (It's this Wednesday, right?)
    Yep, this Wednesday, 3:30 pm. I'm getting more and mroe nervous as it approaches. I just want it to be over with!

Quote Originally Posted by Selpharia View Post
    @Absol-

Is it strange that I see in your recounting exactly what is going to happen to me in a few months? Because I do. I already gave you all the hugs I had, but the factories have since produced some more, so have these too

*hugs*

At least they haven't guessed correctly and gone off without any opportunity for you to guide things along. Good luck
    Oh, I hope not! It's been no fun at all, and I wouldn't want to put anyone else through it! Of course, you've gotta come out, or you'll never be yourself, which would be a terrible shame, so...

Also, it's more than a little weird, seeing as I've known that I'm trans for just over two months, and I believe you've know for a great deal longer than that. I can't imagine living with the secret for that long. I'm pretty sure I'd literally blow up !

On the question of "sir," while it does bother me, there'a not much I can do, except ask that the person not be so formal, but I've sort of gotten used to the grating. Of course, this is likely to change once I start thinking more seriously and immediately about coming out, or being out.

~Laura
    You've also explained that you have more outlets than I do - your plushes and such. That might also make up some of the difference. Of course, you're probably right about the vicinity of out-ness being a factor, as well.

~Phoenix~
    I'm trying it out! So sue me!
    Last edited by Absol197; 2012-10-08 at 04:30 PM.
    "It is important to draw wisdom from many different places. If you take it from only one place, it becomes rigid and stale." --Iroh
    LGBTAitP! If you want to talk, learn, or have some fun, stop by!
    Avatar by the lovely Lycunadari!

3. - Top - End - #543
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Absol197 View Post
    Well...um...I mean, if you're offering !
    What else would it be?

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic_D&Der View Post
    Only if you are the ride at the end of the line.....
    (giggleblush) Ask Absol :P
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

4. - Top - End - #544
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Absol197
    Also, it's more than a little weird, seeing as I've known that I'm trans for just over two months, and I believe you've know for a great deal longer than that. I can't imagine living with the secret for that long. I'm pretty sure I'd literally blow up!
    I meant that mainly in terms of coming out, since in your two months you've, I think, done a lot more about that than I have. In a way, I envy your bravery. I think one of the things holding me back is still the possibility that I'm just crazy and self-deluded. I'm hoping things will get better actually talking with someone knowledgeable in meatspace directly about it. That and I have sisters, and on my bad days I worry that I'll just be throwing away my carefully constructed facade of lies forever just to have a shot at becoming a poor imitation of a real woman like them. Blah

I like your color choice, Phoenix. And your name, it's very elegant, and it makes me think of a Phoenix clan shugenja

Also, can I have the Lix when you're done?

~Laura
    Last edited by Selpharia; 2012-10-08 at 08:27 PM.
    This Minase Iori avatar is a masterwork by Qwernt

DS Friend Code for Pokemon Trades and such. 1549 7971 5718

5. - Top - End - #545
    Titan in the Playground

I like your color choice, Phoenix. And your name, it's very elegant, and it makes me think of a Phoenix clan shugenja
    Oh hey, I've just been learning that. Just finished making my first character and-

~Laura
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

6. - Top - End - #546
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    I'm sorry, I was trying to lighten things up. It's just - I don't understand what "being female" means. It's frustrating.

I didn't mean to make you into a joke.
    It's quite an indescribable thing. It's like comfort I suppose, which is just the absence of being uncomfortable. Being female is the absence of being male? No, that's not right. Absence is its own thing. Hmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliomance View Post
    Heh, nice term. I like it!

Actually, weirdly, I find it helps some to almost flaunt my femininity. I just changed out of my long dress (the one that I wore to the Camden minimeetup, actually) into a short skirt and tight top, and I'm feeling quite a bit better.
    Lemme know when asking for pictures goes from flattering to creepy, s'il vous plaît. >_>"

No one even knows, Lixie. No one even knows. They all mistake their dreams of you to be reality, and so flock here with their strange ravings about that time that you [REDACTED]ed their [REDACTED] [REDACTED], [REDACTED]ing with them while they [REDACTED] your [REDACTED] [REDACTED].

True story.
    Heheh. Yeah~
    Those were good times.

I just almost lit one on fire just for fun until I remembered I learned to ignore my gut instincts. Also because it might make starting conversations easier.

I like being called "Sir". It makes me feel grown-up.
    Oh pfff. They grow back eventually.
    Now ask me about the time I turned a burning oven into a fireball at about eyebrow height.

Yep, this Wednesday, 3:30 pm. I'm getting more and mroe nervous as it approaches. I just want it to be over with!
    We will have to be available for congratulations and comfort hugs. It says you posted this at 2:28 PM my time, when does it say you posted it on your screen?

~Phoenix~
    I'm seeing a shiba, personally. You don't strike me as much of an Isawa.

I meant that mainly in terms of coming out, since in your two months you've, I think, done a lot more about that than I have. In a way, I envy your bravery. I think one of the things holding me back is still the possibility that I'm just crazy and self-deluded. I'm hoping things will get better actually talking with someone knowledgeable in meatspace directly about it. That and I have sisters, and on my bad days I worry that I'll just be throwing away my carefully constructed facade of lies forever just to have a shot at becoming a poor imitation of a real woman like them. Blah
    Yeah... It's such a hurdle it's hard to figure where to start.

~Laura
    That's totally a maho tsukai, though D=
    Run Absol! She wants your soul!

... Why are the tsukai always hot?

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Oh hey, I've just been learning that. Just finished making my first character and-
    Oh? Neat. I have never web able to ply, myself, but was always interested...
    Sorry about today. Turns out I had to bike out three cities over and wok insteadl of actually sleeping on the morning before my day off. I've been zombie-ing since about ten PM last night. >.<

7. - Top - End - #547

*Hugs*

You've also explained that you have more outlets than I do - your plushes and such. That might also make up some of the difference. Of course, you're probably right about the vicinity of out-ness being a factor, as well.
    My outlet is pillows - I like to hug one or two while I go to sleep~ :3

~Phoenix~
    Ooh~ I like the way it looks in that color.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    It's quite an indescribable thing. It's like comfort I suppose, which is just the absence of being uncomfortable. Being female is the absence of being male? No, that's not right. Absence is its own thing. Hmm.
    Kind of like... The absence of dissatisfaction with the shape of your body, maybe? Hmm...

Now ask me about the time I turned a burning oven into a fireball at about eyebrow height.
    Me about the time I turned a burning oven into a fireball at about eyebrow height?

But seriously, o.o

Sorry about today. Turns out I had to bike out three cities over and wok insteadl of actually sleeping on the morning before my day off. I've been zombie-ing since about ten PM last night. >.<
    *Hopes she isn't being nosy, but hugs!*

~Bianca
    Thanks for existing.

Dragon Hunter avatar by Lerky. Magical Girl by the lovely Astrella~

8. - Top - End - #548
    Titan in the Playground

Dramatic convention. xD

Oh? Neat. I have never web able to ply, myself, but was always interested...
    Her game may or may not exist...
    Well, tomorrow?

9. - Top - End - #549

WARNING: MELODRAMA INCOMING

For me, being female is like being full of light and warmth, like there's a lantern in my chest that gives off the essence of life and growth. It really is contentment in the sense of having everything I want and nothing within myself being wrong. It fills me up so that I can't not show it, and I can't not share it. When my motherly instincts turn on it's like I can give some of whatever the object is and enlarge myself at the same time. It's wonderful, and when it happens I know for that instant that it's worth any price to get those feelings.

Feeling male, for me, feels like being empty, like there's a void where that light should be that must be filled, but at the same time can't be filled.

END MELODRAMA

EDIT: And this is why posting at the end of a twelve hour midterm marathon is a bad idea.

~Laura
    Last edited by Selpharia; 2012-10-09 at 01:18 AM.

10. - Top - End - #550
    Troll in the Playground

No one even knows, Lixie. No one even knows. They all mistake their dreams of you to be reality, and so flock here with their strange ravings about that time that you [REDACTED]ed their [REDACTED] [REDACTED], [REDACTED]ing with them while they [REDACTED] your [REDACTED] [REDACTED].

True story.
    wait. What?! How did you hear about this! this is surprisingly accurate...

Btw, yes, zhat is how I lost my medical license. Now where is zhat damn bird...
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

11. - Top - End - #551
    Titan in the Playground

Guys, feeling all confused today. The source of my confusion involves politics, but I think it's fair to say that I'm feeling hurt and in some ways targeted by a couple of news item's I've seen lately, and the world just is seeming like a hostile place.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

12. - Top - End - #552
    Titan in the Playground

Well, take solace in this: both politics and news tend to distort and exaggerate information to spin the story a certain way. If you are feeling down, I'd go search for another source to get more accurate information on the subject your feeling down upon, skepticism and doubt on these sorts of things is your friend, as well as the good advice of taking what certain things say with a grain of salt.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

13. - Top - End - #553

Oh, now I'm thinking of it, too .

I've never been called brave before. I don't think of it as bravery: I think of it as running blindly out of the darkness into the light screaming, "I can't take it any more!" hoping that I don't trip or end up impaled upon a spike that I can't see coming. Or something like that .

I definitely think talking with a therapist will help. It helped me a lot, especially with those doubts. They're not completely gone, but I'm much more sure of myself, which is part of why I can come out to so many people.

~Laura
    Thanks . Still just trying it out, but I do like it...

Oh, and you can definitely have Lixie when I'm done with her! It may be a while though...*retreats back into pillow fort*

EDIT: Oooh! She's pretty! I wish I could look like her...

For me, it's like being a balloon. O_O

No, really! I feel all filled up with good and happy feelings, almost like I'm going to float away. The constant nagging and doubts and craving in the back of my head for something that, for the longest time I couldn't describe goes away, and I'm no longer wieghted down.

Or what Laura said. That works, too!

Heheh. Yeah~
    Those were good times.
    I know, right?!

We will have to be available for congratulations and comfort hugs. It says you posted this at 2:28 PM my time, when does it say you posted it on your screen?
    3:28 PM. Hey, you're really close to me (geographically speaking)! Are you on the West Coast or something?

I'm seeing a shiba, personally. You don't strike me as much of an Isawa.
    *Has no idea what you're talking about*

Oh no! *Runs*

For me, being female is like being full of light and warmth, like there's a lantern in my chest that gives off the essence of life and growth. It really is contentment in the sense of having everything I want and nothing within myself being wrong. It fills me up so that I can't not show it, and I can't not share it. When my motherly instincts turn on it's like I can give some of whatever the object is and enlarge myself at the same time. It's wonderful, and when it happens I know for that instant that it's worth any price to get those feelings.

Feeling male, for me, feels like being empty, like there's a void where that light should be that must be filled, but at the same time can't be filled.

END MELODRAMA

EDIT: And this is why posting at the end of a twelve hour midterm marathon is a bad idea.

~Laura
    That was beautifully said! *Has warm fuzzies inside*

Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    Guys, feeling all confused today. The source of my confusion involves politics, but I think it's fair to say that I'm feeling hurt and in some ways targeted by a couple of news item's I've seen lately, and the world just is seeming like a hostile place.
    I'm so sorry, Golly! *Hugs* I've been feeling the same way about politics recently. Why can't everybody just be nice and get along, and live and let live, huh?

~Phoenix~
    Last edited by Absol197; 2012-10-09 at 10:12 AM.
    "It is important to draw wisdom from many different places. If you take it from only one place, it becomes rigid and stale." --Iroh

14. - Top - End - #554
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, now I'm thinking of it, too .

I've never been called brave before. I don't think of it as bravery: I think of it as running blindly out of the into the light screaming, "I can't take it any more!" hoping that I don't trip or end up impaled upon a spike that I can't seem coming. Or something like that

~Phoenix~
    I think Natalie wrote something along the lines of "We're not brave. We reached a point where it was coming out/transition or death, and we didn't want to die."

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

15. - Top - End - #555

I think Natalie wrote something along the lines of "We're not brave. We reached a point where it was coming out/transition or death, and we didn't want to die."
    Well, she's a smart lady!

~Phoenix~

16. - Top - End - #556
    Firbolg in the Playground

How did that go? Reminds me of the time I blew up our grill.
    Jude P.

17. - Top - End - #557
    Ogre in the Playground

I dunno. I don't think comfort is the absence of being uncomfortable. It goes beyond that. I mean. If you sit on a chair, you might not be uncomfortable... but you also might not be comfortable. But if you sit on those delightful, plush, soft sofas... then you might experience comfort. It's like... on the scale of -10 to 10... absence of discomfort is a 0. But you still have a way to go before you're really comfortable.

18. - Top - End - #558

That's true, and the feeling and memory of being faced with that single absolute choice is what compels me forward, despite all the doubts. But, since I almost chose the latter, I still admire the courage of those who choose the former.

Like I've said before, I know I'll pick up speed and be running just as fast and as blind as Phoenix (Well maybe slower, I can't run quickly )
    ~Laura
    Last edited by Selpharia; 2012-10-09 at 11:23 AM.

19. - Top - End - #559
    Troll in the Playground

Huh. I feel female (though not feminine), but I really don't know how to define that. Being cisgender, I've always had the privilege of never having to think about my gender identity very hard, and I tend to get distracted by other things before I find a definition.
    ... like painting orks.
    I love painting orks. So many models to finish! WAAAAAAAGH.
    Seconded. There's no real third option there; pretending hard to be someone you're not is a process that eats you away. Sometimes, those who do that simply die of unrelated causes before that point presents itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by on Dwarf Fortress succession games
    I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwarf Fortress 0.40.01 bugs
    - If an adventurer shouts and nobody is around to hear it, the game crashes
    - War Dogs appear to run from themselves in terror
    - New tree generation frequently causes birds to explode

20. - Top - End - #560
    Banned

Golly, I'm sorry. Would talking about it help or would you just like affection?

Absol (or would you prefer Phoenix?), legend of the five rings is a feudal samurai rpg, and one of the clans is the Phoenix. Their leading family is ostensibly the Shiba, vassals of a human who swore to protect their clan's shugenja (sorcerer priests). Isawa are the shugenja clan, I believe. It's been a while though.
    Maho tsukai are blood sorcerers, and the act of even learning their magic can taint the body and soul. They are all also hot up until the point they become festering zombies at least >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Arachu View Post
    Kind of like... The absence of dissatisfaction with the shape of your body, maybe? Hmm...
    Maybe! It is a quiet, Warm joy. Masculinity is about joy in duty, not joy in the self. To me, mind.

Me about the time I turned a burning oven into a fireball at about eyebrow height?

But seriously, o.o
    Oh, you.

*Hopes she isn't being nosy, but hugs!*
    This? I've just been unable to talk to Lix, and I feel bad about it because she's down and I'm not helping.

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Her game may or may not exist...
    Well, tomorrow?
    Bleh. Schroedinger's game huh?
    And tomorrow? That's like, twenty four hours from now! I'll try for today :3

END MELODRAMA

~Laura
    Don't worry hon, midterms or no. ^_^

I think the key component is about bodily awareness. It's like being out of shape; I want to be able to feel my body, focus on it, an not find anything lacking. I don't want to be too muscly, too flabby, too manly.

To summarize, my filly and I have a ga oven with a broiler. I've never had a gas oven with a broiler, knly ever electric. So someone stored silicone cutting boards where everyone I've ever met keeps cookie sheets; the broiler. She spent ten minutes panicking, and myself I was worried because I suspected we had a slow gas leak on the stove, and didn't want an open flame to burn itself out in my kitchen so close to said gas line. So I moved the burning bits (conveniently inside a metal tray) to the sink, to let it burn out. Except then it started the burn a little higher due to better ventilation, and I feared for my paper towels and such, so...

I turned on the faucet for about a third of a second.

The fireball exploded on my right side, like a mushroom cloud. It hit the bottom of the cabinets and spread big, flaming hug-arms, and despite being on my right side as I flinched, I lost the left-most half of my left eyebrow. This changed my girlfriend's response from panic to anger, and now being able to think clearly she grabbed baking soda (which I didn't know we had) from an obscure compartment I didn't know we had, and put out the remainder. We then argues for half an hour, the Crux being I couldn't did baking powder when I searched, and I knew from experience flour is flammable.

How... How did you blow up a grill?

Quote Originally Posted by bluewind95 View Post
    I dunno. I don't think comfort is the absence of being uncomfortable. It goes beyond that. I mean. If you sit on a chair, you might not be uncomfortable... but you also might not be comfortable. But if you sit on those delightful, plush, soft sofas... then you might experience comfort. It's like... on the scale of -10 to 10... absence of discomfort is a 0. But you still have a way to go before you're really comfortable.
    Usefully? Yes. The definition came from scientists putting their minds to designing a more comfortable airplane seat. They asked trial members if they were comfortable. One asked for how they should define comfort, and were told "well, the absence of discomfort". that person said they were then, "comfortable", but really would prefer more room to recline, which would require a plane to have more space, and less seats. Interestingly, that's what has happened!

It's like temperature. To me, temperature is if something is hot or cold. To a scientifically minded person, it's a measure of energy to entropy in a system. Both are correct, but it's still weird being corrected by a less useful definition, sometimes.

That's true, and the feeling and memory of being faced with that single absolute choice is what compels me forward, despite all the doubts. But, since I almost chose the latter, I still admire the courage of those who choose the former.

Like I've said before, I know I'll pick up speed and be running just as fast and as blind as Phoenix (Well maybe slower, I can't run quickly ) because I feel like it's a downhill path and the further I go, the more I want to finally get into that light.

~Laura
    rock on! I'm getting there. Me an my filly are slowly adapting to making me comfortable (and making her comfortable, which is more important!) expressing myself. Thanks, Lix. I think she is taking those conversations you two had to heart. ^_^

Unfortunately, this puts the sexist comments of our friends into harsher contrast >_>
    Luckily, said friend is one of those who has even saying for years in more of a lesbian than a straight man <_<

21. - Top - End - #561
    Firbolg in the Playground

To summarize, my filly and I have a ga oven with a broiler. I've never had a gas oven with a broiler, knly ever electric. So someone stored silicone cutting boards where everyone I've ever met keeps cookie sheets; the broiler. She spent ten minutes panicking, and myself I was worried because I suspected we had a slow gas leak on the stove, and didn't want an open flame to burn itself out in my kitchen so close to said gas line. So I moved the burning bits (conveniently inside a metal tray) to the sink, to let it burn out. Except then it started the burn a little higher due to better ventilation, and I feared for my paper towels and such, so...

The fireball exploded on my right side, like a mushroom cloud. It hit the bottom of the cabinets and spread big, flaming hug-arms, and despite being on my right side as I flinched, I lost the left-most half of my left eyebrow. This changed my girlfriend's response from panic to anger, and now being able to think clearly she grabbed baking soda (which I didn't know we had) from an obscure compartment I didn't know we had, and put out the remainder. We then argues for half an hour, the Crux being I couldn't did baking powder when I searched, and I knew from experience flour is flammable.

How... How did you blow up a grill?
    Wow. That's impressive.
    Pretty short story--my dad asked me to start the grill up while he was preparing the hamburger meat. So I go out, turn on the gas, and try to light it, but the lighter isn't working. So I thoughtlessly leave the gas open while I'm standing there trying to get the lighter to light, and then it does, just as my dad comes out the back door. So he walks out and sees me and the grill and then suddenly there's a six-foot fireball. I passed my reflex save, though, so I only lost all the hair on my right arm.
    The grill was more or less fine, though, just a bit scorched, but well and properly lit, so saying it "blew up" is a bit of an exaggeration.
    Jude P.

22. - Top - End - #562
    Titan in the Playground

Slightly melodramatic, but basically. Especially if it's a metaphorical or partial death.

Bleh. Schroedinger's game huh?
    And tomorrow? That's like, twenty four hours from now! I'll try for today :3
    It wasn't that far away when I said it! xD

rock on! I'm getting there. Me an my filly are slowly adapting to making me comfortable (and making her comfortable, which is more important!) expressing myself. Thanks, Lix. I think she is taking those conversations you two had to heart. ^_^
    Glad I could help.

23. - Top - End - #563
    Ogre in the Playground

I am curious as to what words the symbols are supposed to represent...
    Customers at my work are usually very rude. Had one lady ready to explode today because we don't stock linseeds anymore (or rather for about two years...) and she'd have to go to a second store now.
    I hate people sometimes.

Oh! On a work related note I had a very productive meeting with my HR person and my boss, and there's a vague plan for me when I transition at work to move me out of my current, very visible, position as floor manager into something more administrative which I've been wanting to do anyways.
    Nothing like leveraging potential discrimination from jackhole customers into an advantage so as to hasten the wheels of HR

I suspect the reason it's getting to me so much is because I really have nowhere to live my actual identity. I have my D&D group, but I only see them on Friday nights. Otherwise, it's at home with my parents, or at work, so I'm feeling incredibly stifled. I can hardly even talk to people IRL about it.

Hopefully that all changes on Wednesday, though .
    I'm quite lucky in that I have a number of people IRL to talk to, but then I get self-consicous that it's all I talk about... can't win either way, lol!
    But still, not being able to femme up without feeling like a guy in a dress is a bit distressing sometimes, and having to do it when nobody is around too.
    *sympathy hugs*

*hopes she's very lucky...* I've been good, haven't I?
    I suppose Depending on post times maybe Saturday? See how I go.

-

On feeling feminine, I find it had to describe but I know when I'm not feeling it more than when I am.

See, today I was talking to a friend about styles of dresses and how, being skinny, to accentuate curves I need to wear things with structured waists, loose around the hips and with collars that widen the shoulders. That was so amazingly wonderful to just talk about fashion and such like it's not super unusual for me to know about dress types and so on.
    The flip side is when I can't express that side of me - like I'm near guys and they comment on a good looking girl and I want to say how cool her hair is or her outfit (I am quite shallow sometimes), but I can't.

It's an absense of part of me, rather than some opposite. I didn't know I was missing something before but now I do and I notice when it's not there a lot more consiously. This comic is very relevant.
    Princess in the streets.
    Princess in the sheets.
    Don't touch me I'm royalty.

24. - Top - End - #564

Quote Originally Posted by Zorg View Post
    It's an absense of part of me, rather than some opposite. I didn't know I was missing something before but now I do and I notice when it's not there a lot more consiously. This comic is very relevant.
    That...that's exactly it! And now I feel sad about the poor squid ...

EDIT: Wow, I keep forgetting how fast this thread moves! I keep needing to change the link in my signature...

~Phoenix~
    Last edited by Absol197; 2012-10-09 at 06:00 PM.

25. - Top - End - #565
    Troll in the Playground

... yeah, that comic depresses me a little.
    I've got a link to share here, that I don't think is very well-known around here (though I could be mistaken). Lesbians 101, a lesson that most of us don't need, but that will be nice to share once it's completed. (Warning: links leads to drawing of people in underwear, it's quite innocent but I figure it's better to give a warning just in case. Later pages show sex toys drawings and get more explicit about sex.)
    The comic itself is also awesome. (Warning: cartoon violence, profanities, politics, religion, gender confusion, barbie-anatomy nakedness, and tons of cats.)
    (I figure this would be a good moment to remind you I'm generous with disclaimer and warnings. I swear so much everywhere else and talk so much about delicate subjects I don't even know what's over the limits for a pg-13 forum. Therefore, I'm making a lot of things sound much worse than they actually are. Better be too cautious than too careless. What I'm getting at is that Chaos Life is not actually a Clockwork Orange with cats.)
    In case you guys already knew Chaos Life, then, huh. Hurr.

By the way, I noticed I did not give out nearly enough hugs this week due to the forum maintenance. Catching up now.
    *HUGS*
    Quote Originally Posted by on Dwarf Fortress succession games
    I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwarf Fortress 0.40.01 bugs
    - If an adventurer shouts and nobody is around to hear it, the game crashes
    - War Dogs appear to run from themselves in terror
    - New tree generation frequently causes birds to explode

26. - Top - End - #566

So... I'm still here. I just didn't feel like postig, because I felt really down the last couple of days (well, the last two weeks). Not because of something particular ( except the thing with my friend, but that's getting better), just in general. Like I was sitting in a deep, black hole. Alone, fragile, and tired. Very tired, I actually considered skipping school yesterday because I was so tired of everything. Tired of school, tired of feeling lonely even if I'm with my friends, tired of talking with my parents ((especially with my father. I'm tired of his stupid jokes.) though at the same time I want nothing more than someone to talk with), tired of existing. But it's getting better now.

@name change: it's extremely difficoult to change your name as a cis person, and not much easier for trans persons. I think it's similiar to what Astrella discribed.

@age: It's funny, I don't really view my parents as old (they are 58), but my sister (23) and I (18) both agree that our brother, who will be turning 30 next year, is ooooooold. Way to old for a brother.

@feeling female: I thought about that a while, and have no idea how I would describe it. But like Musashi said, that's probably due to being cis. Though I am really confused recently. I sometimes feel like I might be genderqueer, or more agendered. I often don't like wearing tight clothes and I think stuff like "If I'd lose my breasts due to breast cancer or something, I wouldn't want implants. I wouldn't mind at all." But than I think I just imagine those stuff because I read so much about it lately. I am so confused.

So, *hugs* to everyone who needs or wants some, and good luck for you tomorrow, Phoenix (by the way, that's a wonderful name for you )!
    You can call me Juniper. Please use gender-neutral pronouns (ze/hir (preferred) or they/them) when referring to me.

"We all are vessels of our brokenness, we carry it inside us like water, careful not to spill. And what is wholeness if not brokenness encompassed in acceptance, the warmth of its power a shield against those who would hurt us?" - R. Lemberg, Geometries of Belonging

Stories Art

27. - Top - End - #567
    Titan in the Playground

Oh yeah? As amusing as that is, try making some food on the stove when the whole thing decides that is had enough of this mortal coil and decides to live out its final moments in this world as a BLAZING INFERNO! Seriously, I turn my back on the thing for thirty seconds...

edit: as an aside, and a helpful tip for everyone.

*clears throat* Do NOT wait for an actual emergency to see if your fire extinguisher works. There are eight different people who had to buy new extinguishers because the ones they had did not work as they were supposed to. Myself among them.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorg View Post
    Oh! On a work related note I had a very productive meeting with my HR person and my boss, and there's a vague plan for me when I transition at work to move me out of my current, very visible, position as floor manager into something more administrative which I've been wanting to do anyways.
    Nothing like leveraging potential discrimination from jackhole customers into an advantage so as to hasten the wheels of HR
    Good for you! Make 'em work for you, that's what they are supposed to be there for anyway.

They don't like people to know that though, hence Catbert, and whatnot.

*hugs*
    Last edited by Lentrax; 2012-10-09 at 03:17 PM.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

28. - Top - End - #568

Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    *Hugs!*

Woah. @.@

I lost part of my eyebrow... Overtrimming. It's not particularly noticeable. I set a lot of things on fire growing up, but from a couple of minor burns and a single blister (the first from one or two matches and my first handheld bottle rocket, and the second from a stick I was roasting marshmellows on), none of them got even slightly out of hand. I can't tell if I should feel proud or embarrassed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycunadari View Post
    So... I'm still here. I just didn't feel like postig, because I felt really down the last couple of days (well, the last two weeks). Not because of something particular ( except the thing with my friend, but that's getting better), just in general. Like I was sitting in a deep, black hole. Alone, fragile, and tired. Very tired, I actually considered skipping school yesterday because I was so tired of everything. Tired of school, tired of feeling lonely even if I'm with my friends, tired of talking with my parents ((especially with my father. I'm tired of his stupid jokes.) though at the same time I want nothing more than someone to talk with), tired of existing. But it's getting better now.
    *So many hugs* Hope it gets even better soon. :<

~Bianca
    Thanks for existing.

Dragon Hunter avatar by Lerky. Magical Girl by the lovely Astrella~

29. - Top - End - #569
    Ogre in the Playground

@Astrella, it must be really frustrating to have these things take so long, but I bet you look back and think these few months are nothing compared to the long years you have after you're through all this bureaucracy!

Quote Originally Posted by Heliomance View Post
    Apparently the single most common name change is people changing their middle name to Danger.
    Humans are awesome.

I like being called "Sir". It makes me feel grown-up.
    I ... would be fine with being called "Sir", actually. I quite like "Ma'am", I think it's kind of cute. I like "Madam". I don't like "Miss", it's too childish.

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic_D&Der View Post
    It's true.....you are only as old as you feel anyway. Which some days is a young, spry 18 year old...............and sometimes an 80 yr old
    Oh yeah, having fatigue syndrome is a lot like suddenly being 80! You're on loads of medicine, you fall asleep at awkward times, you go up stairs one step at a time saying things like "You people go on ahead! I'll catch ye up!"

On an almost-unrelated note, in Ireland, "whippersnapper" is the name of a type of very soft white sliced pan, so every time someone says "young whippersnappers!" I think of soft jam sandwiches and now I'm hungry...!

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    Huh. I feel female (though not feminine), but I really don't know how to define that. Being cisgender, I've always had the privilege of never having to think about my gender identity very hard, and I tend to get distracted by other things before I find a definition.
    ... like painting orks.
    I love painting orks. So many models to finish! WAAAAAAAGH.
    I think a lot of what's important to me personally about my gender would be less relevant in a more equal society. But I always liked being a woman/girl and felt like I was on the "right" side, as it were. I think I'd do okay if I was suddenly a man but I'd prefer that didn't happen and if it did, I'd try to undo it.

Cheerfairy, Kenderwoman and Geologist by Succubus, Feminist Geomancer by Astrella, Kender Wizard by me

30. - Top - End - #570

@name change: it's extremely difficoult to change your name as a cis person, and not much easier for trans persons. I think it's similiar to what Astrella discribed.

@age: It's funny, I don't really view my parents as old (they are 58), but my sister (23) and I (18) both agree that our brother, who will be turning 30 next year, is ooooooold. Way to old for a brother.

@feeling female: I thought about that a while, and have no idea how I would describe it. But like Musashi said, that's probably due to being cis. Though I am really confused recently. I sometimes feel like I might be genderqueer, or more agendered. I often don't like wearing tight clothes and I think stuff like "If I'd lose my breasts due to breast cancer or something, I wouldn't want implants. I wouldn't mind at all." But than I think I just imagine those stuff because I read so much about it lately. I am so confused.
    Oh, Lucy! *MASSIVE HUGS* I'm so sorry you've been feeling that way! I've felt that way before, and it's no good at all...If you ever want to talk, my PM box is open. Just know that no matter how bad it gets, we're all here for you. Don't give up!

So, *hugs* to everyone who needs or wants some, and good luck for you tomorrow, Phoenix (by the way, that's a wonderful name for you )!
    Gee...thanks!

~Phoenix~
    Last edited by Absol197; 2012-10-09 at 08:15 PM.