New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333449 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: LGBTAitp 27: Of Shoes, and Ships, and Sealing Wax

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    I wonder how many times per day Christina Hendricks has to say "Eyes up here."?
    I wouldn't be able to help myself. She is gorgeous.......of course I am a sucker for a redhead
    My Extended Signature, Check it out!

DMing:

Amazing Irish Avatar by Savannah

My own 5e Bard Subclass
    Made by the awesome Wartex1!

LGBTA+ Ally

2. - Top - End - #692
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Heliomance View Post
    Pretty sure that means "I like it", not "sorry", which context would appear to indicate it's meant to be.
    Now why would I be apologizing when the context is that I mean to express approval?

It's quite possible that my sense of time scale has contracted, but my thoughts were not provoked by an isolated incident, Zorg.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorg View Post
    Calling it endemic to the thread was over the top - rather than criticising people for posting their problems repeatedly, why not link to some helpful resources if it bothers you so much?
    That's... what I was asking if other people agreed was a course of action worth considering in my first post on the matter!

Endemic might not be the word I was looking for, but it seems to indicate the bit where it's been recurring over time. I'm sorry if the word is a trigger for you, but it doesn't seem to tie into any of the usual causes for triggers. Otherwise I don't see what the basis for your objection is, sorry.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2012-10-11 at 12:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

3. - Top - End - #693
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic_D&Der View Post
    I wouldn't be able to help myself. She is gorgeous.......of course I am a sucker for a redhead
    (tried to dye her hair red last week)
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

4. - Top - End - #694
    Bugbear in the Playground

But you wouldn't be staring at her hair...

~Phoenix~
    Last edited by Absol197; 2012-10-11 at 12:51 PM.
    "It is important to draw wisdom from many different places. If you take it from only one place, it becomes rigid and stale." --Iroh
    LGBTAitP! If you want to talk, learn, or have some fun, stop by!
    Avatar by the lovely Lycunadari!

5. - Top - End - #695
    Ogre in the Playground

No, don't apologise - I got snappy because I interpreted your post as saying people shouldn't be doing stuff and I'm very tetchy at the moment because everything I'm doing to transition feels like it either needs other people's permission to happen or that I have to hide away because of other people's issues.
    Obviously some of this is necessary - but it shouldn't be.

To expand on that train of thought:
    Want to do stuff at home - can't because it'll freak out my mum.
    Want to do stuff outside of home - can't because of societal pressure / danger of discrimination & violence
    Have to carefully plan things at work before I can be who I am there
    Have to get approval from various professionals and whatnot to be who I am
    Need to constantly lie and mis-truth to people so as to avoid problems

so with that mindset I 9mis)interpreted your comment to be saying "we need to remind all the trans people how to transition because, hey, everyone is telling them how to live every other aspect of their life already so why not one more?"

The only trigger is that under my usually dry and sarcastic (but genreally lighthearted) exterior I'm a smouldering volcano of grim rage and hate at the world (and under that is the real me, who just want to be able to live without asking for permission first).
    I hate that this is so damn unfair. I was doing raelly well and then this comes up and compeltely ****s my life over. I'm stressed. I'm scared. I worry about getting attacked when I've transitioned. I feel like I'm losing the girl I love and my heart is breaking. My plans for my future are gone because all my savings are going out the window. Not that it matters because the plan to buy a house with my girl are over. Sometimes I'm so happy that I know what's been wrong with me for my whole life (my mum said she's nown I've had a sadness in me since I was 4or 5).
    Sometimes I wish I'd never known so I wouldn't have lost what happiness I had.
    Princess in the streets.
    Princess in the sheets.
    Don't touch me I'm royalty.

6. - Top - End - #696
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Absol197 View Post

~Phoenix~
    Maybe she has woolly breasts. I wouldn't know - I haven't seen them.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

7. - Top - End - #697
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    *nosebleed*

Do you also keep it short, maybe in a pixie cut?
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

8. - Top - End - #698
    Titan in the Playground

*Throws Lix over his shoulder again and runs*

~Phoenix~
    Not ONLY her hair......

~Matthew~

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

9. - Top - End - #699
    Titan in the Playground

I hate that this is so damn unfair. I was doing raelly well and then this comes up and compeltely ****s my life over. I'm stressed. I'm scared. I worry about getting attacked when I've transitioned. I feel like I'm losing the girl I love and my heart is breaking. My plans for my future are gone because all my savings are going out the window. Not that it matters because the plan to buy a house with my girl are over. Sometimes I'm so happy that I know what's been wrong with me for my whole life (my mum said she's nown I've had a sadness in me since I was 4or 5).
    It's better to have loved and have lost than to never have loved at all. Or so they say - I wouldn't know. And that's my pain.

Alas, once you've unlocked Pandora's box there's no putting the woes of the world back in there.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

10. - Top - End - #700
    Bugbear in the Playground

frown Re: LGBTAitp 27: Of Shoes, and Ships, and Sealing Wax

Want to do stuff outside of home - can't because of societal pressure / danger of discrimination & violence

so with that mindset I 9mis)interpreted your comment to be saying "we need to remind all the trans people how to transition because, hey, everyone is telling them how to live every other aspect of their life already so why not one more?"

The only trigger is that under my usually dry and sarcastic (but genreally lighthearted) exterior I'm a smouldering volcano of grim rage and hate at the world (and under that is the real me, who just want to be able to live without asking for permission first).
    Oh Zorg! I...I...I know me typing *hugs* can't actually help, but I don't know what to do! I know all (well, mostly all) of those feelings. It is unfair, but...but you have to keep going. Our road is one that leads through dark and tangled places, and it can be hard to see the sun. But once you make it to the other side of all that, things will be so much better!
    They have to be...
    I wish that I could do more to help. I don't know if anything I'm saying makes any sense, or helps at all...

~Phoenix~

EDIT: As n=much as it may seem like you'd prefer to go back...Try this - it's something that I was thinking about before I even found out, and is one of the things that keeps me going forward.

I thought of your future. I had a wife, kids, a house, money enough to support us, and time to pursue those things I love. everything that I could ever want. I should have been happy. But that world was marred - I wouldn't have been happy in it, no matter how shiny the coat. It would always be tainted with disappointment and sorrow.

I know it's hard now - it's really hard now. But would it really have been any better without you knowing? When you have to live every second with that sadness you can't name, and can't escape? I don't think it would.
    Last edited by Absol197; 2012-10-11 at 01:30 PM.
    "It is important to draw wisdom from many different places. If you take it from only one place, it becomes rigid and stale." --Iroh
    LGBTAitP! If you want to talk, learn, or have some fun, stop by!
    Avatar by the lovely Lycunadari!

11. - Top - End - #701
    Ogre in the Playground

Made me a little sad, and not a little angry, when a moderator on a supposedly inclusive forums using "people with uteruses" as a synonym for "women".
    That is quite annoying, but also very common. Has anyone tried pointing it out?

...dammit. I don't think I pass as well as I thought I did. I'm starting to get the impression that everyone I've talked to for any length of time has worked out I'm a guy. Sure, they're fine with it - I've not had any trouble from it - but it's kinda depressing.
    That's frustrating. I'm sure it'll get better over time, but it must be disheartening to you. Could you subtly ask people who are supportive what gave it away, so you can use this irritating happenstance to improve?

Quote Originally Posted by Astrella View Post
    The thing is also, reproductive rights don't only affect cis women either. Stuff like how trans people are still forced to get sterilized if they want gender recognition in a lot of places (Belgium sadly being among those) falls under reproductive rights too. Here's an interesting read on it.
    Thank you for the link! Absolutely. In fact, reproductive rights shouldn't be a "minority issue". Reproduction and all the various stuff that goes along with it affects everyone. It's few people indeed who never interact in some way with some end of reproduction, and none that aren't the result of it. It's just the unengaged straight cis male can get away without paying much attention cause their viewpoint is presented as the standard.

I just don't understand why her figure is described as "full" or "heavy" rather than "amazing".

Cheerfairy, Kenderwoman and Geologist by Succubus, Feminist Geomancer by Astrella, Kender Wizard by me

12. - Top - End - #702
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KenderWizard View Post
    I just don't understand why her figure is described as "full" or "heavy" rather than "amazing".
    I would describe it as "Future Lower Back Problems."

I wonder if bisexual women/lesbians find it as difficult to focus on the face as us poor guys...

― Tim Fargo

13. - Top - End - #703
    Ogre in the Playground

Edit: sory, nevermind.
    Last edited by Zorg; 2012-10-11 at 01:33 PM.
    Princess in the streets.
    Princess in the sheets.
    Don't touch me I'm royalty.

14. - Top - End - #704
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KenderWizard View Post
    Pish, that's how I describe her, as the gorgeous beauty she is!!

@Zorg - I can't begin to know how you are feeling, nor will I try and act like I do. All I can do is offer up my ear to listen and my arm for punching out your frustrations I am very sorry you are going through that, and I hope things get a lot better for you.

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

15. - Top - End - #705
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    *nosebleed*

Do you also keep it short, maybe in a pixie cut?
    *Throws Lix over his shoulder again and runs*
    Ehe... operative word is tried. It's just a copperish tint, really. And no, I like having long hair. I posted a picture of a mirror in the you thread if you like.

I wonder if bisexual women/lesbians find it as difficult to focus on the face as us poor guys...
    I never have. I always look at the face first. (shrug)
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

16. - Top - End - #706
    Titan in the Playground

No, don't apologise - I got snappy because I interpreted your post as saying people shouldn't be doing stuff and I'm very tetchy at the moment because everything I'm doing to transition feels like it either needs other people's permission to happen or that I have to hide away because of other people's issues.
    Obviously some of this is necessary - but it shouldn't be.

Oh, Zorg. *hugs*

I lost someone I loved once. Though she didn't leave me, she was taken. I know what it is like to live with sadness everyday. Some days it gets worse. Some days it is only a dull ache. Then you see something and all the ache, all the hurt comes rushing back.

It hurts. It cuts you at your soul. But I would not trade all my long years of sorrow and sadness to replace those few years of utter happiness. I know the two stories of ours don't exactly parellel, but I have had to learn how to deal with sadness over the years. If you ever have a need, just let me know. From crying, to pining. From bliss to miss. I am always open to talk.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

17. - Top - End - #707
    Troll in the Playground

We shoudl start a club

~Phoenix~
    well... not exclusively

now, t is a great question...
    Ehe... operative word is tried. It's just a copperish tint, really. And no, I like having long hair. I posted a picture of a mirror in the you thread if you like.

long red hair. *phases out for a short while*. Even coppery could work wonders

*dons internet is for porn troll voice* but... where do you look after, hrm?
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

18. - Top - End - #708
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Socratov View Post
    long red hair. *phases out for a short while*. Even coppery could work wonders
    (giggle) Didn't do it to impress someone. Hoooonest.

*dons internet is for porn troll voice* but... where do you look after, hrm?
    ...EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

19. - Top - End - #709
    Firbolg in the Playground

Pretty sure that means "I like it", not "sorry", which context would appear to indicate it's meant to be.
    Technically it's "that pleases me". It's the closest equivalent to the English "I like that", though.

I dunno, I guess she's okay? Although, I'm a pretty bad judge. When I look at people I'm not looking for "sexy", and she's supposed to be sexy, so maybe that's it.
    If this photo is of her real hair, though, I'm thoroughly impressed.

I don't think it's quite the same. I'm not sure, haven't read much on it, but I know that male sexuality is generally closely tied to the visual system, whereas female sexuality generally isn't. So guys tend to ogle more. I don't know whether lesbians, whose brains do have similarities to straight men's where it comes to sexuality, have similar ties between sexuality and vision.
    Jude P.

20. - Top - End - #710
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    I dunno, I guess she's okay? Although, I'm a pretty bad judge. When I look at people I'm not looking for "sexy", and she's supposed to be sexy, so maybe that's it.
    If this photo is of her real hair, though, I'm thoroughly impressed.
    I want her hair. Possibly the rest too.

21. - Top - End - #711
    Titan in the Playground

Feeling a bit better now. I went over to see a friend for hugs, cookies, and long conversation. She pointed out something that I feel a bit silly for not realising myself - just because someone looks at me and ticks the mental box on my record saying "trans", doesn't mean they don't file me under "female" anyway.
    Quotebox
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalirren View Post
    The only person in the past two pages who has known what (s)he has been talking about is Heliomance.
    I just don't want to have long romantic conversations or any sort of drama with my computer, okay? It knows what kind of porn I watch. I don't want to mess that up by allowing it to judge any of my choices in romance.

Wish building characters for D&D 3.5 was simpler? Try HeroForge Anew! An Excel-based, highly automated character builder. v7.4 now out!

22. - Top - End - #712
    Titan in the Playground

I don't understand the words you are saying
    There is no possibly for me.........DEFINITELY the rest.

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

23. - Top - End - #713

I can't figure out if it's her real hair or if they extended it. Usually her hair is fairly short.
    And I can't find out because all anyone cares about is her breasts and the controversy around only talking about her figure.
    Jude P.

24. - Top - End - #714
    Titan in the Playground

There is no possibly for me.........DEFINITELY the rest.
    Have you talked to your wife about this?

― Tim Fargo

25. - Top - End - #715
    Titan in the Playground

*looks up picture of Christina Hendricks*

...hmm, pretty face. Chest falls firmly under my "anything more than a handful is a waste" policy, but that's hardly her fault.

...wait, she played Saffron? I don't remember Saffron being so spectacularly endowed.

...oh, wow. People are disgusting. Trigger warning: Fairly spectacular misogyny.
    Last edited by Heliomance; 2012-10-11 at 02:56 PM.
    Quotebox
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalirren View Post
    The only person in the past two pages who has known what (s)he has been talking about is Heliomance.
    I just don't want to have long romantic conversations or any sort of drama with my computer, okay? It knows what kind of porn I watch. I don't want to mess that up by allowing it to judge any of my choices in romance.

Wish building characters for D&D 3.5 was simpler? Try HeroForge Anew! An Excel-based, highly automated character builder. v7.4 now out!

26. - Top - End - #716
    Titan in the Playground

She was. I watched several times to make sure.

― Tim Fargo

27. - Top - End - #717
    Titan in the Playground

Have you talked to your wife about this?
    It's ok. She knows. Christina Hendricks and Kate Beckinsale are my 2 favs, and she has her favs too

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

28. - Top - End - #718

...hmm, pretty face. Chest falls firmly under my "anything more than a handful is a waste" policy, but that's hardly her fault.

...wait, she played Saffron? I don't remember Saffron being so spectacularly endowed.
    Yeah, I was surprised, I didn't recognise her. Maybe because I kind of ignored her face and figure and was busy being impressed by the hair in that photo.

...oh, wow. People are disgusting. Trigger warning: Fairly spectacular misogyny.
    ...okay, so I got as far as the title of the series and I'm already pissed off at how dumb humans manage to be. Fortunately, there don't seem to be comments (yet).
    Jude P.

29. - Top - End - #719
    Ogre in the Playground

I think that's at least partly socialised. I know some straight women who have a hard time not looking at breasts. We're all told from a (n alarmingly!) young age that breasts are sexy and there for looking at. I do like to admire, I make sure I don't stare or talk down to the person.

I can't figure out if it's her real hair or if they extended it. Usually her hair is fairly short.
    And I can't find out because all anyone cares about is her breasts and the controversy around only talking about her figure.
    Sigh! That must drive her mad!

Yes, she played Yosafbridg! It's amazing what clothes can do to change the way someone's figure comes across. The same goes for Kat Dennings as Darcy Lewis in Thor.

Cheerfairy, Kenderwoman and Geologist by Succubus, Feminist Geomancer by Astrella, Kender Wizard by me

30. - Top - End - #720
    Titan in the Playground

She has a face?

― Tim Fargo