New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1488
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: LGBTAitp 27: Of Shoes, and Ships, and Sealing Wax

Hello, all.

I'm the queer part of the alphabet soup. Even though I've known I have a nonstandard gender for a number of years now, I'm not real sure how to go about processing it.

Despite being an active internet-goer, I'm not really a part of any of the 'net support groups. I find it hard to get comfortable in them. It seems like people either push for you to identify (which I'm not keen on), or they're so sure in themselves that coming in as someone who's still working it all out is daunting.

So, I figured I'd come here, since I'm already comfortable on GitP. Um, yeah. Hi.

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Troll in the Playground

stupid Internet problems
    I'm very late for the whole fake ally problem, so I'm not even going to repeat everything I've already said in the past; I'm just gonna raise a "oh come the [REDACTED] on" and hope I'll never meet either fake allies or ally-bashing people IRL, where I can't ignore them just as easily.
    (It's funny, though, we see these people a lot more on the Inter than IRL. As if physical distance, lack of immediate physical consequences, and relative anonymity made people much more likely to say controversial things. <_< >_>)

Got better news though! I brought BF to see my aunt and her partner, as planned. It went wonderfully well. We discussed a lot of things, including LGBT stuff (a demisexual, a lesbian, a bisexual ciswoman and a bisexual transman walk into a bar...). I was really happy to see them again, and it seems the three of them click really well!
    And we got sugar pie (the local specialty!) and a bunch of other gifts.
    I'm making a note here: huge success.
    We should really see them again next time we come over. I have an awful lack of decent family, let alone family who can understand that the "female" friend who was regularly coming is now my boyfriend.

@nersxe: welcome here!
    Last edited by Mono Vertigo; 2012-10-18 at 11:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by on Dwarf Fortress succession games
    I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwarf Fortress 0.40.01 bugs
    - If an adventurer shouts and nobody is around to hear it, the game crashes
    - War Dogs appear to run from themselves in terror
    - New tree generation frequently causes birds to explode

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    stupid Internet problems
    Got better news though! I brought BF to see my aunt and her partner, as planned. It went wonderfully well. We discussed a lot of things, including LGBT stuff (a demisexual, a lesbian, a bisexual ciswoman and a bisexual transman walk into a bar...). I was really happy to see them again, and it seems the three of them click really well!
    We should really see them again next time we come over. I have an awful lack of decent family, let alone family who can understand that the "female" friend who was regularly coming is now my boyfriend.

Thank you for the welcome.

That sounds like quite a gathering.
    Spoiler: I got a cookie!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Baveboi View Post
    Nersxe gets a cookie.

Spoiler: I write
    Show
    The Named, a superhero webnovel where names are everything. (Updated 3/14/14)

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by nersxe View Post
    Hello, all.

I'm the queer part of the alphabet soup. Even though I've known I have a nonstandard gender for a number of years now, I'm not real sure how to go about processing it.

Despite being an active internet-goer, I'm not really a part of any of the 'net support groups. I find it hard to get comfortable in them. It seems like people either push for you to identify (which I'm not keen on), or they're so sure in themselves that coming in as someone who's still working it all out is daunting.

So, I figured I'd come here, since I'm already comfortable on GitP. Um, yeah. Hi.
    Hello there! First off, *hugs!*

Secondly, it's perfectly fine if you don't know what you might be yet. When I first came here, I was completely ignorant of the majority of LGBTAQ+ issues, and I spent nearly a month hanging here, trying to sort out what I was. It's a stage in the process, one that everyone, even straight, cis people have to go through, and anyone who tries to rush you through it...well, let's just say those people aren't doing you or themselves any favors.

So, to reiterate: Welcome, hugs, and be yourself!

That would be really confusing for most people O_O . Sounds like a lot of fun, though! I'm glad you all had a good time!

~Phoenix~
    "It is important to draw wisdom from many different places. If you take it from only one place, it becomes rigid and stale." --Iroh
    LGBTAitP! If you want to talk, learn, or have some fun, stop by!
    Avatar by the lovely Lycunadari!

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    Well, better go find a sacrifice. Does His Lordship prefer mice or virgins?
    Mice for him, and virgins for his translator.

Right, Asta?
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Troll in the Playground

Hello, all.

Hi~

Your identity is your own; you do what you feel comfortable with; take whatever time you want, if you don't feel like identifying as something don't do it~

But yeah, we have plenty of people here who are still figuring stuff out and there certainly isn't a "you must be this sure" sign at the entrance.

Hope the thread can be a comfortable place for you.
    Last edited by Astrella; 2012-10-18 at 11:21 AM.
    I make avatars. Sometimes.
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: LGBTAitp 27: Of Shoes, and Ships, and Sealing Wax

Hello, all.

Hi! ^_^

Do not worry about being unidentified, everybody walk their own path and walk at their own pace. We are just here to offer help, hugs and silliness.

I kind of have very little idea what my gender identity is as well. So far I am using Genderqueer as an umbrella term, but I think the only thing I know is that I do not appear to be cisgendered. It is really confusing. ^_^'

Congratulations on having a huge success at meeting cool family members. ^_^

Now I want to taste sugar pie... It sounds yummy! :3
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

8. - Top - End - #1058
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Thanks, all. :)
    Show
    Nersxe gets a cookie.

Show

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Firbolg in the Playground

Hello, all.

Hey there.

stupid Internet problems
    I'm very late for the whole fake ally problem, so I'm not even going to repeat everything I've already said in the past; I'm just gonna raise a "oh come the [REDACTED] on" and hope I'll never meet either fake allies or ally-bashing people IRL, where I can't ignore them just as easily.
    (It's funny, though, we see these people a lot more on the Inter than IRL. As if physical distance, lack of immediate physical consequences, and relative anonymity made people much more likely to say controversial things. <_< >_>)
    Yeah, that's one of the annoying things about the internet. I dislike the anonymity, lack of rules, and inability to punch people that most of the internet provides. (Violence is bad and all but it can be cathartic.)

Hey, that's cool. (I wonder how that joke would end.)
    Jude P.

10. - Top - End - #1060
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Mice for him, and virgins for his translator.

Right, Asta?
    Nah. I prefer someone who knows what they're doing.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

11. - Top - End - #1061
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    You know, I was going to say something along those lines, but I wasn't sure it would be appropriate.
    Show
    Nersxe gets a cookie.

Show

12. - Top - End - #1062
    Titan in the Playground

You know, I was going to say something along those lines, but I wasn't sure it would be appropriate.
    You will soon figure out, like I did, that we go from wildly inappropriate to very serious quite quickly......but usually at the same time

Also, a Very Warm Welcome!! Please feel free to voice any difficulties in life here, this thread, I have quickly found out that these wonderful people here are amazing, nice, and very quick to help out!! They are quite awesome people

~Matthew~
    Last edited by Irish Musician; 2012-10-18 at 05:31 PM.
    My Extended Signature, Check it out!

DMing:

Amazing Irish Avatar by Savannah

My own 5e Bard Subclass
    Made by the awesome Wartex1!

LGBTA+ Ally

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Titan in the Playground

Well, welcome to the thread. Have you applied for Lix's harem yet? That's where all the best yuri is happening gathered.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Well, welcome to the thread. Have you applied for Lix's harem yet? That's where all the best yuri is happening gathered.
    There's a yuri-filled harem? Well, I'm not sure I qualify for such a thing (assuming you mean the girl-love definition of the word, if not I'm lost), but it sounds fun.

How does one go about applying for this harem?
    Show
    Nersxe gets a cookie.

Show

15. - Top - End - #1065
    Titan in the Playground

There's a yuri-filled harem? Well, I'm not sure I qualify for such a thing (assuming you mean the girl-love definition of the word, if not I'm lost), but it sounds fun.

How does one go about applying for this harem?
    You have already joined, merely by expressing interest. Lix Lorn welcomes all: her harem also includes yaoi, straight love, alien romance...
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    You have already joined, merely by expressing interest. Lix Lorn welcomes all: her harem also includes yaoi, straight love, alien romance...
    Yep, come on in, kick off your pants, and get ready for fun!

~Matthew~

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

17. - Top - End - #1067
    Firbolg in the Playground

Members of oppressed groups being intolerant pisses me off even more than members of privileged groups being intolerant, because they of all people ought to know better. >:|

As long as we're being pissed off at people:
    Trigger warnings: Rape culture.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I just saw an article on facebook about a flier at Miami U. "Top Ten Ways to Get Away With Rape".
    Trigger warnings: same.
    Spoiler
    Show
    So I just ran across this article by a now-former Amherst student about her rape and how the college dealt with it. Here's the school president's response.
    Jude P.

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic_D&Der View Post
    Haha, I believe I will.

Spoiler
    Show
    So I just ran across this article by a now-former Amherst student about her rape and how the college dealt with it. Here's the school president's response.
    Ugh, rape culture.

TW: rape culture:

Spoiler
    Show
    I think the first time rape culture really came to my attention was when I watched Glee. I mean, in the first season (spoiler alert I guess? I mean, Glee is now on the fourth season I think, so) a guy gets a girl drunk to sleep with her. She gets pregnant, has the kid, gives it up for adoption.

They deal with a lot of their relationship issues during the first season in a way that would be fairly realistic for teenagers- except that they never call what happened rape. It's three seasons later and I'm pretty sure they still have never referenced it as rape.

She was unable to consent, he did it anyway (and completely without protection, might I add), and yet he gets high-fives in the hallway (and sympathy when she gives it up), and she gets called a whore and worse. She also gets kicked out of her house.

In-universe, everyone acts like he was just doing what he always does, since he's noted for his sexual "conquests", and she had a moment of weakness. Yeah, a weakness in the form of trusting her boyfriend's best friend.

It's made worse because they're in the Midwest, and as someone from that region, I'll be the first to tell you that we're damned backward in that respect. It is always the woman's fault in some way, and even if he had run her down in broad daylight and violently raped her, she would still face social stigma.
    Show
    Nersxe gets a cookie.

Show

19. - Top - End - #1069
    Troll in the Playground

Lix' harem isn't only a harem, but also a plca of (pseudo) spiritual guidance and a frown-upside-down-centre. Cookies to the left, we'll tell you about the right side later...
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Ogre in the Playground

Be careful which cookies you take, though. Some of the things Lixie makes have interesting effects, from what I've heard. Nothing horrible or irreversible, but still...

21. - Top - End - #1071
    Titan in the Playground

As fun as it is to talk about the harem, I remember that some readers thought it was really enervating. Let me just finish by saying that there are cookies to the right as well, but we don't eat them except on feast days when exxtra energy may be required.

― Tim Fargo

22. - Top - End - #1072
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Socratov View Post
    Lix' harem isn't only a harem, but also a plca of (pseudo) spiritual guidance and a frown-upside-down-centre. Cookies to the left, we'll tell you about the right side later...
    Lixie always gets a rise out of us....

~Matthew~

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

23. - Top - End - #1073
    Titan in the Playground

Asta doesn't like me

Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    I sorta feel I ought to be offended, but I'm mostly just giggling. Also blushing slightly.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

24. - Top - End - #1074
    Titan in the Playground

Asta doesn't like me
    You'll get a serious answer even though I suspect the remark may be slightly facetious.

I have all kinds of preferences - like most women, you meet some of them and not others. And there's a complex balance between various factors that is evaluated automatically when I interact with a woman. My main beef with you is that you are young enough to be my daughter, and I find the thought of a romantic relationship with so young a woman to be creepy. Oh, and LDRs are difficult given that none of us would ever have any money.

You'll find someone. Don't worry.

― Tim Fargo

25. - Top - End - #1075
    Titan in the Playground

I sorta feel I ought to be offended, but I'm mostly just giggling. Also blushing slightly.
    Would you like to blush even more? That can be arranged, you sassy Lixie, you

~Matthew~

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

26. - Top - End - #1076
    Titan in the Playground

You'll get a serious answer even though I suspect the remark may be slightly facetious.

I have all kinds of preferences - like most women, you meet some of them and not others. And there's a complex balance between various factors that is evaluated automatically when I interact with a woman. My main beef with you is that you are young enough to be my daughter, and I find the thought of a romantic relationship with so young a woman to be creepy. Oh, and LDRs are difficult given that none of us would ever have any money.

You'll find someone. Don't worry.
    I was joking xD (Although I did have a crush on you for ages :3)

Although I am getting mighty sick of 'you'll find someone', especially since, 90% of the time, I get it from people who already have...

Would you like to blush even more? That can be arranged, you sassy Lixie, you
    Could take it or leave it right now.
    Last edited by Lix Lorn; 2012-10-18 at 04:29 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1077
    Titan in the Playground

Although I am getting mighty sick of 'you'll find someone', especially since, 90% of the time, I get it from people who already have...
    I will admit that mine was an act of God, finding my wife. But I say "you'll find someone" because I do truly believe that somewhere out there, is a person for everyone. I am still in awe of how I got my wife(had known her for 5 years before we started dating), and the fact that I love her so much, because I never thought, in a million years, that I would ever meet anyway so awesome.....or at all. So forget "You'll find someone".....because when I realized I loved my wife, I had already found her. Just didn't realize it yet. Don't let life get you down Lixie, because damnit, you are awesome and you WILL have someone one day.
    Could take it or leave it right now.
    That was quite a range of emotion.....
    *wraps Lix up in a fleece blanket* Lix needs hugz people......
    PILE ON!!!!!!

~Matthew~

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

28. - Top - End - #1078
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    So... Obviously, this person:

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Why are we trusting everything Angie writes, specifically about Amherst College's administration? I think everyone should seek a little background information before gobbling up every word written.
    is an idiot, and other things less pleasant. That is not something I'm disputing, or feel should be disputed.

But was anyone else bothered by this response to said idiot (specifically the 'male-bodied' bit, since the rest seems accurate enough):

Quote Originally Posted by T
    You are clearly a male bodied, ignorant, and terrible person.
    ?

What reaction would you suggest, then? (Which, in case the meaning is lost, is a serious question; I have a friend who keeps getting depressed over that (other things contribute too, but, y'know, can't really go into it all that much), and if that can be problematic, I'd appreciate advice as to what else I should do from someone who knows what they're talking about.)

29. - Top - End - #1079
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: LGBTAitp 27: Of Shoes, and Ships, and Sealing Wax

I get that too, it gets kind of confusing. Mostly because my best attempt at being subtle was "I don't want relationships, I like friendships. >_<". Maybe it is a way for people to say "hello"? Try saying it back, it might help. ^_^

I am pretty sure you are statistically likely to find plenty of compatible people in reasonable time. You are an amazing person and that was enough to find at least one person even before online media multiplied the chances of getting to know peeps!

PILE ON!!!!!!
    *Kobo-glomps*

Hug-pile! Weee!

^___^
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

30. - Top - End - #1080
    Titan in the Playground

Don't let life get you down Lixie, because damnit, you are awesome and you WILL have someone one day.
    (eyeroll)
    xD
    While I'd like to clarify I'm fine at the moment, there is no paragraph that can precede anything along those lines that will mitigate it. xD

PILE ON!!!!!!
    They were meant to imply being somewhere between them rather than EEP!
    (pounced)

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    [SPOILER]What reaction would you suggest, then? (Which, in case the meaning is lost, is a serious question; I have a friend who keeps getting depressed over that (other things contribute too, but, y'know, can't really go into it all that much), and if that can be problematic, I'd appreciate advice as to what else I should do from someone who knows what they're talking about.)
    I don't know. Generally, when I get down about that kind of thing, there isn't anything that makes me feel better, except an indeterminate amount of time.

*Kobo-glomps*

Hug-pile! Weee!

^___^
    (hugs)
    xD
    Last edited by Lix Lorn; 2012-10-18 at 05:10 PM.