New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: LGBTAitp 27: Of Shoes, and Ships, and Sealing Wax

Quote Originally Posted by Absol197 View Post
    Mine was because I had an idea in my head when I was a little younger, that if I wanted to be a girl as badly as I did, then there had to be a girl out there who wanted to be a guy just as bad, right? And if that's the case, why couldn't we, for lack of a better word, trade our sensations, so we could have the shadow of being who we wanted to be?

what followed over the course of several years (and a bit into the present still >_< ) was appealing to various higher powers to be the facilitator of this trade. Several times I was almost certain it had succeeded. Hence, the psychosomatics .
    *Hugs* I just found some neat tricks to make my mind and body do stuff growing up. Most of the ideas were utterly terrible, but occasionally they turned out pretty nicely (for example, I can meditate at the drop of a hat).

No, I was referencing Olympic Trampoline, and suggesting Olympic Pole-Dancing .
    I know, but every mental image I come up with combining the two looks awesome (also appallingly unsafe, but eh ). @.@

*hugs back*
    I'm sure it'll go well~ *More hugs, though*

Very much agreed . I've been lucky recently, though. Taking steps to become more...well, me, has lessened my dysphoria. Plus, mine doesn't seem to be quite as...sharp? as yours. It's more of a dull, deep, depressing ache that doesn't go away, instead of the sharp, "This is wrong!" that I think (quite possibly incorrectly; I'm just judging by what little I've read) you go through, to make a physical-pain analogy.
    Chronic and acute fit.

I think I've got a very over-active empathy muscle/brain area/thingy: every little thing I read, see or hear about happening to people changes my mood almost as if it's happening to me, and as I've been slowly unlocking my emotions more, it's been getting stronger. It's at the point where I'm getting very confused (and sometimes physically dizzy) about how I actually feel, because it's mixed in with all this other stuff. Maybe this is part of why I started hiding from my emotions in the first place?
    *So many hugs*

Quote Originally Posted by Heliomance View Post
    Mine varies. At the moment, I'm all girled up and I've been shopping, I feel pretty good. Sure, I've still got the wrong equipment between my legs, but I can ignore it, everything's fine. Sometimes I have the dull ache as you describe, and about three times so far (usually, I find, at the start of female periods) it's got so bad and immediate that I don't want to do anything except curl up in a ball and cry.
    *Suddenly remembers how upset she used to get every month or so in high school...* @.@

~Bianca
    Thanks for existing.

Dragon Hunter avatar by Lerky. Magical Girl by the lovely Astrella~

2. - Top - End - #182
    Troll in the Playground

Spoilered for potential TMI:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tucking plus morning wood is NOT a comfortable combination

ow
    Ouch. D:
    I know that's one thing I'm not going to miss at all when I start 'mones. >.>

Worth it. Worth every second to be able to look down and not see a horrible bulge.
    I just don't look down, ever. Or wear really loose long shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    Hmm... My gal recently discovered some trick involving women's briefs which she said works better with tucking and comfort than things she had tried before.
    Oh, uhm, care to share?

Very much agreed . I've been lucky recently, though. Taking steps to become more...well, me, has lessened my dysphoria. Plus, mine doesn't seem to be quite as...sharp? as yours. It's more of a dull, deep, depressing ache that doesn't go away, instead of the sharp, "This is wrong!" that I think (quite possibly incorrectly; I'm just judging by what little I've read) you go through, to make a physical-pain analogy.
    (Possibly triggering: dysphoria)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Being aware of it basically opened up the floodgates for me I guess. Usually it's like a small nagging voice in the bag of my head, draining, but can be ignored. But the sudden moments that arrive without warning are awful; like I'm slowly sinking away in a pool of pure black with tendrils crawling up my skin giving me shivers and making me panicky and nervous and just wanting to run and hide forever.....

Still, I really hope you feel better soon, honey! *Hugs!* I know it sucks!
    I think I've got a very over-active empathy muscle/brain area/thingy: every little thing I read, see or hear about happening to people changes my mood almost as if it's happening to me, and as I've been slowly unlocking my emotions more, it's been getting stronger. It's at the point where I'm getting very confused (and sometimes physically dizzy) about how I actually feel, because it's mixed in with all this other stuff. Maybe this is part of why I started hiding from my emotions in the first place?
    Oh, that sounds really familiar! Finally admitting that I have emotions really made them so much stronger... I used to pride myself on being completely detached, which I guess was my way of suppressing things. And it sucks sometimes, especially when my friends are sad, but it's also very nice sometimes. I'm incredibly happy and it's probably a bit silly but being able to cry when I read something sad or when I'm really happy is really nice. It's like the world suddenly got colours. I cry very easily these days (just when emotional, not only bad stuff.), one of my best friends actually jokes that when I'll be on HRT I'll have tears dripping down non-stop.

As regards dysphoria and tucking, I find my dysphoria is very strongly keyed to appearance. If I can look at myself and see a girl - and almost more importantly, if I'm sure that other people looking at me are seeing a girl - I have far less dysphoria, no matter what I can feel from my body.
    Hm hm. Those moments when I idly glance in the mirror and see a girl and can't make her go away a wave of happiness just washes over me.

-----

*hugs for everyone who wants / needs them*
    Last edited by Astrella; 2012-09-28 at 01:10 PM.
    I make avatars. Sometimes.
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #183
    Titan in the Playground

She said it involved using a bit of medical tape to keep things in place, then just putting ordinary lady's briefs on over it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

4. - Top - End - #184

Quote Originally Posted by Arachu View Post
    *Hugs* I just found some neat tricks to make my mind and body do stuff growing up. Most of the ideas were utterly terrible, but occasionally they turned out pretty nicely (for example, I can meditate at the drop of a hat).
    Aww . I wish I could do that!

I know, but every mental image I come up with combining the two looks awesome (also appallingly unsafe, but eh ). @.@
    Thinking about it like that, it does look awesome!

Chronic and acute fit.
    Hey, there are the words I was looking for!

Quote Originally Posted by Astrella View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Being aware of it basically opened up the floodgates for me I guess. Usually it's like a small nagging voice in the bag of my head, draining, but can be ignored. But the sudden moments that arrive without warning are awful; like I'm slowly sinking away in a pool of pure black with tendrils crawling up my skin giving me shivers and making me panicky and nervous and just wanting to run and hide forever.....
    Eep! *hugs!*

Oh, that sounds really familiar! Finally admitting that I have emotions really made them so much stronger... I used to pride myself on being completely detached, which I guess was my way of suppressing things. And it sucks sometimes, especially when my friends are sad, but it's also very nice sometimes. I'm incredibly happy and it's probably a bit silly but being able to cry when I read something sad or when I'm really happy is really nice. It's like the world suddenly got colours. I cry very easily these days (just when emotional, not only bad stuff.), one of my best friends actually jokes that when I'll be on HRT I'll have tears dripping down non-stop.
    I'm jealous . I'm not there yet, and I really, really want to be.

Hm hm. Those moments when I idly glance in the mirror and see a girl and can't make her go away a wave of happiness just washes over me.
    More jealous!
    "It is important to draw wisdom from many different places. If you take it from only one place, it becomes rigid and stale." --Iroh
    LGBTAitP! If you want to talk, learn, or have some fun, stop by!
    Avatar by the lovely Lycunadari!

5. - Top - End - #185

Spoiler
    Show
    *Hugs!*

Spoiler
    Show
    I have this constant background itching that gets *way* worse if I don't shave regularly/properly... And occasionally it can get really really bad out of nowhere and everything gets really sore and claustrophobic. And then if it's night I usually get nightmares about being beaten to death by mutated versions of myself from high school... >.>

-----

*hugs for everyone who wants / needs them*
    *Hugs~*

Aww . I wish I could do that!
    I once used it to hold my breath underwater for... I forget exactly how long, but I counted several minutes before someone poked me to make sure I was alive. I felt perfectly fine.

Thinking about it like that, it does look awesome!
    *Juuump -grip, slide~* X3

Hey, there are the words I was looking for!
    Yay~

I'm jealous . I'm not there yet, and I really, really want to be.
    *Hugs*

~Bianca
    Last edited by Arachu; 2012-09-28 at 02:15 PM.
    Thanks for existing.

Dragon Hunter avatar by Lerky. Magical Girl by the lovely Astrella~

6. - Top - End - #186
    Titan in the Playground

And now my dreams have been crushed. Alas...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lentrax View Post
    Makes me wish I could have a meaningful conversation...

I don't think you are the only one golentan. Myself being among the gathered throngs.
    I uhm.

There are however people I idly flirt with slightly more, and would LIKE to have said conversations with...

Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post
    Still feeling dysphoric hun? =( *squeezy cuddle*. I really hope you'll be able to make it to the next UK meet. You looked stunning the last time I saw you. =)
    Helio always looks stunning.

Spoiler
    Show
    I Feel That, Bro Sis
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    I uhm.

There are however people I idly flirt with slightly more, and would LIKE to have said conversations with...
    My PM is open should you choose to make use of it...
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

*hugs to anyone I missed*

*cheeky flirts to anyone who wants them*

Speaking of good things in general... I now have a boyfriend. And I don't know how, 'cause he's so skinny... But he's so WARM! Gah, I just want to cuddle him now! safddfgsdfggoddamnitfdgsdfgsdfg!

-end rant

I could go on but I'd rather not be mean and shove my happiness down everyone's throats. That has happened to me way too much before now.

SO! How is everybody?!

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

9. - Top - End - #189
    Barbarian in the Playground

*Hugs* for everyone.

EDIT: And congratulations, Mynxae!

@Astrelia/Absol- Everything you said I feel completely.

I had another therapy session today. The appointment itself was still great, but afterwards as I was walking home, thinking about all the obstacles that still remain to transition, all the things and people I could lose in the process, and how utterly wrong my body felt just hit me like a gargantuan wave. I got back to my apartment and spent an hour just cuddling my Rarity plushie and styling her mane while watching my roommate play video games to distract myself (once I'd calmed sown enough to not be on the verge of tears.) Thankfully, he didn't really question it.

dysphoria
    Spoiler
    Show

For me, the minor glimpses of dysphoria are like a kind of nausea that I get when I contemplate my male bits or look too closely in a mirror at my unconquerable scraggle. The sudden acute bouts feel like I'm turning into grotesque sludge and am falling slowly into an inescapable pit of blackness as my form slowly loses coherence. Paradoxically, my is more and more present and disgusting even as I imagine it slowly disintegrating into ooze.

emotional suppression
    Spoiler
    Show

Pretty ,much identical to Absol and Astrelia, except I managed to additionally persuade myself that emotion and empathy were weaknesses and that I was naturally superior to those who allowed such things. It feels like I've hidden behind a steel mask of callous indifference for so long that it melded with my face. It's so hard to remove, and when I do, it means horrible pain as some of my face comes with it. Things are slowly getting better, but it does feel like I haven't let myself freely feel for so long that when I do it's like a flood.

I tried tucking a few times today. Felt great, but without anything to hold things in place, it doesn't last long, and feels worse when it fails
    Last edited by Selpharia; 2012-09-28 at 07:02 PM.
    This Minase Iori avatar is a masterwork by Qwernt

DS Friend Code for Pokemon Trades and such. 1549 7971 5718

10. - Top - End - #190
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    Speaking of good things in general... I now have a boyfriend. And I don't know how, 'cause he's so skinny... But he's so WARM! Gah, I just want to cuddle him now! safddfgsdfggoddamnitfdgsdfgsdfg!

-end rant

I could go on but I'd rather not be mean and shove my happiness down everyone's throats. That has happened to me way too much before now.
    Congratulations! I don't know about anybody else, but I get a vicarious happiness when I hear about others getting what they want, even when I'm having a rough time.
    Author of The Auspician's Handbook and The Tempestarian's Handbook for Spheres of Power.
    Ask me (or the other authors) anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lateral View Post
    Well, of course I'm paranoid about everything. Hell, with Jeff as DM, I'd be paranoid even if we were playing a game set in The Magic Kiddie Funland of Perfectly Flat Planes and Sugar Plums.
    Greenman by Bradakhan/Spring Greenman by Comissar/Autumn Greenman by Sgt. Pepper/Winter Greenman by gurgleflep

11. - Top - End - #191
    Colossus in the Playground

SCIENCEY POST, IGNORE IF PREFER SUPPORT, ANECDOTE ETC. TYPE POSTS
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    Yeah, I'm familiar with the what's-his-name effect, though I never remember the name, and the issues in the kibbutzim. But that has a very clear evolutionary benefit, whereas attraction to people similar to one's parents seems to me to be a potentially bad thing; if they share many traits, they might share many genes, so mating with them could be a bad thing. So I really don't understand how the attraction to people similar to one's parents thing worked out evolutionarily, I would have expected it to work out like the what's-his-name thing if I had been theorising this stuff while studying primates a few hundred thousand years back. Slight tangent now, looks likes.
    I think it's at least partly like this:
    You know, by virtue of the fact that you exist, that your parents were successful at reproduction. What you want (evolutionarily speaking) is a mate that will be successful at reproduction. Thus you use your parents - who you know are successful reproducers - as your model for what sort of a mate should be a successful reproducer.
    Now, it's also worth pointing out that "like your parents" isn't necessarily going to mean "genetically extremely similar to your parents and therefore to yourself". We have other mechanisms (smell, for example) to make sure we're mostly attracted to people genetically different to us, especially in the areas it matters.
    Well obviously the participants have to be informed, consenting adults, so they know they might receive placebo. But also obviously you're not trying to convince them all that they have the placebo or things get skewed.
    I read an article just yesterday about the "nocebo" effect and thought of this discussion. Apparently doctors are going to have to think carefully about how they word things like warnings about side-effects, because the placebo effect also works in the direction of "if I think this will make me get sick, it will".

On the causes of sexuality, my opinion based on all the evidence I've seen and heard about is that 1. there's a whole mess of causes, and 2. the exact nature and combination will differ from person to person. I believe that, very generally speaking, it goes something like this:

Genetics: There is a genetic component, not in the sense of "a gay gene", but rather a variety of genes that produce a range of different effects, personality types, hormone production, etc., that can be found in varying concentrations in all sorts of people but that, when they turn up in a particular density and particular composition in an individual happen to give that individual a predisposition (maybe very strong, maybe weakish) to a particular sexuality.

Pre-birth non-genetic stuff: hormones from the mother - you know, all that birth order stuff - coincidences of gene expression, maybe even environmental factors* may further reinforce or weaken/oppose the genetic predisposition.

Post-birth influences: the main evidence I've seen of this is, sadly, sexual abuse (contrary to claims from certain quarters, I don't think I've seen any evidence to back up fears of "sissification" by supposedly too-soft parents), but there could be all sorts of other factors. I, personally, think this is the weakest source of sexuality: I think that to make a biologically heterosexually-predisposed person gay (as opposed to, say, making them bisexual or heteroflexible or into certain types of sexual activity) would almost always require some seriously extreme traumatic experiences which would leave many deep psychological scars. On the other hand, imprinting is a pretty powerful process, so it's not inconceivable to me.

I don't believe there is any "one cause" - I've generally found that if there's a choice of several reasons for something, chances are the reality is some combination of all or several of them.
    There is one thing I'd like to point out - not that I'd expect anyone here to need to be told, but there certainly are people who do - that even if something isn't genetic doesn't mean it's a choice, and even if something is hormonal or even environmental doesn't mean it can be prevented or reversed - "cured", if you will. If someone's raised with a relative lack of nutrients and that causes them to not grow as tall as they would otherwise, stuffing them when they're older isn't going to suddenly make them shoot up when they've stopped growing and it's unlikely that they chose to be short. If I child's parents have to live near a rail road and the kid ends up being a passionate ferroequinologist^, it's hardly in any way their fault, nor something they could or should have prevented.
    ...I really wish I had a neutral, non-preventable analogy for that :/ But you get the idea. And in any case, as I said, I don't think that's the way it works anyway. I don't think it's likely that environmental/upbringing factors can cause someone to have a sexuality opposite to that which they're biologically predisposed to without it consisting of extreme, traumatic events, and I don't believe there's much, if any, evidence that there's no biological factor at all. Moreover, none of these possible influences are mutually exclusive.

*I don't think I've seen any studies on this bit specifically relating to sexuality, but some recent evidence on the effect of a mother's life history on their offspring and even descendants is fascinating.
    ^I checked, that's really what they're called. Reina found it for me.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post
    Tickled a funny bone, so to speak?

It is mildly irritating though - I would like to think my head's in charge of that part of me, rather than it being a semi-sentient being with a will of its own. oO
    Oh psh. A hydraulic system activating when you're still for long periods, an the computer is running systems diagnostics? How is that taking control from you~?

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    *compares mental images of father with that of boyfriend and maternal grandfather*

*scratches head*
    I guess nobody in both our families cares much about respecting psychology anyway. Or maybe that's because my mom's bi and I'm demisexual. But my father didn't look like my maternal grandmother either. Oh, what the hell, I'll get myself homemade cookies instead.
    P.S.: yes, that's a funny, I know what "many" means.
    (\ !

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    I figured they didn't. I was expressing doubts about the idea proposed by noparlpf who appeared to me to want to do something slightly less extreme but no less emphatic.

My point was that I don't think it's a good idea to place undue emphasis on the placebo when you're prepping people for the experiment.
    I ... Don't recall Nope saying anything other than what I have. My track record is poor though, and we understand each other, so we're good.

Worth it. Worth every second to be able to look down and not see a horrible bulge.
    *nod nod* Buy bikini bottoms.

How different is the physiology? Pretty different. Different number of limbs, body shape, arrangement of organs. A biologist forced to classify her by earth standards wouldn't put her in with mammals by any stretch of the imagination, though they'd probably through a conniption fit if you suggested that she be lumped in with the insects (her closest appearance analogue) due to things like the internal skeleton, endothermia, and general internal chemical and physiological similarities with birds. Psychologically she's quite different as well, having sometimes unpredictable fear or anger responses and having a much stronger need for interpersonal contact. Her sense of humor is somewhat surrealist, and she just can't get her head around the ideas of money, acting, and certain facets of the education system among others.
    Sign me up when you start writing. Sounds good.

Really? I know for me, if I wanted to ignore my genitals, I would do anything but put pressure on them, because then I'd be constantly aware of them.
    Though I seem to acclimate to constant sensory inputs less than normal people.

On the topic of uncomfortable crotch experiences, today it rained while I was in class and the seat of my bike got wet.
    It's not that bad, really. The trouble isn't the pressure, it's all the fiddle bits interacting with gravity.

An I carry a plastic grocery bag in my bak pack for just such. Sometimes two, so Ivan either take it off for the ride home (thus leaving the bat onto prevent further raining) or to switch em.

Hmm... My gal recently discovered some trick involving women's briefs which she said works better with tucking and comfort than things she had tried before.
    Oh neat. Which ones are briefs? I kinda... Lost track of what is what.
    And the only source of info comes from cosplay sites of all places, with some very... Uh... Interesting advice. On the upside, they have the enefit of being able to pee while sitting down, which they list a a plus. On the downside, there is Saran wrap involved.

She said it involved using a bit of medical tape to keep things in place, then just putting ordinary lady's briefs on over it.
    Hm. Nuts. That sounds painful or itchy, depending on level of shavery.pun unintentional.

*hugs to anyone I missed*

*cheeky flirts to anyone who wants them*

-end rant

SO! How is everybody?!
    Not bad. Kinda blegh but I'll sleep it off.
    The warmth is fom the psychometabolism that keeps him skinny.

Quote Originally Posted by Selpharia View Post
    *Hugs* for everyone.

EDIT: And congratulations, Mynxae!

@Astrelia/Absol- Everything you said I feel completely.

I had another therapy session today. The appointment itself was still great, but afterwards as I was walking home, thinking about all the obstacles that still remain to transition, all the things and people I could lose in the process, and how utterly wrong my body felt just hit me like a gargantuan wave. I got back to my apartment and spent an hour just cuddling my Rarity plushie and styling her mane while watching my roommate play video games to distract myself (once I'd calmed sown enough to not be on the verge of tears.) Thankfully, he didn't really question it.

dysphoria
    Spoiler
    Show

For me, the minor glimpses of dysphoria are like a kind of nausea that I get when I contemplate my male bits or look too closely in a mirror at my unconquerable scraggle. The sudden acute bouts feel like I'm turning into grotesque sludge and am falling slowly into an inescapable pit of blackness as my form slowly loses coherence. Paradoxically, my is more and more present and disgusting even as I imagine it slowly disintegrating into ooze.
    Aye. I find the best thing is just not to let any of those thoughts in. They breed.

I tried tucking a few times today. Felt great, but without anything to hold things in place, it doesn't last long, and feels worse when it fails
    Seriously, bikini bottoms.
    Girl underwear is contoured differently because it's not designed to accommodate certain man bits. Girl swimwear is designe to be even more skin tight. You'll have to lay down to get it set up though. Tie on the sides is best.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

My reasoning on how men are so warm is that they have an internal heating system, much like you'd have in a house. Those who are less warm have student housing style heating, but most have good warms generators inside them.

They can also turn these on and off at will if they want to annoy you with colds.
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

14. - Top - End - #194
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Castaras View Post
    My reasoning on how men are so warm is that they have an internal heating system, much like you'd have in a house. Those who are less warm have student housing style heating, but most have good warms generators inside them.
    We call it "metabolism".

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

15. - Top - End - #195
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I can't even imagine how crazy (not mental, but more shifted) it feels to be male, but want to be female and how hard it must be, for all of you beautiful people, who are feeling the same way. And visa verse for males who were born into females bodies.

This is one of those things that I will never understand, nor think could I, but I hear people talk about it with such emotion and energy, and feeling their discomfort and yearning through their words, I can at least support and do my best to give them a loving environment in which to find themselves. I may not understand it, but I'll be damned if I am going to shun someone for something they can't help. With that said, Hugs for all of you wonderful, gorgeous people who need them.......and yes, despite what the outside holds, you are ALL gorgeous.
    Last edited by Irish Musician; 2012-09-29 at 08:28 AM.
    My Extended Signature, Check it out!

DMing:

Amazing Irish Avatar by Savannah

My own 5e Bard Subclass
    Made by the awesome Wartex1!

LGBTA+ Ally

16. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Castaras View Post

They can also turn these on and off at will if they want to annoy you with colds.
    I haven't quite mastered that yet, but everyone I give hugs to IRL always comments on how warm my hugs are, despite how cold I come across...

Hugs for everyone! *hugs thread*

Oh and Good for you Mynxae! Hold onto him and suck all that warmth in.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

17. - Top - End - #197
    Titan in the Playground

Lying next to a cat is warming for both body and soul.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

/chuckles Thanks everyone. Wish he could come over for cuddles right now. I'd get to sleep easier.

Though I'll be seeing him tomorrow or the next day for a sleepover so I'm happy

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    Lying next to a cat is warming for both body and soul.
    It's true. (feat: healing chi)

Me and some of my friends are gonna be trying to find a DM for an awakened cats vs. commoners game. I'm Nyan Cat, we have Schrödinger's Cat(flavored as half undead, result of the local mad alchemist), and a monster class version of the Cheshire Cat.
    And so doth the winds of destiny change my course for better or worse for the whole of time.
    LGBTitP

Spoiler
    Show

Quotes about me!

You're fun to talk to. ^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by goletan
    Maturity is a word boring people use to describe themselves. And crazy is the word they use for fun people.

Besides, the dirty old guy is a staple of fiction everywhere.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by supernerd View Post

Me and some of my friends are gonna be trying to find a DM for an awakened cats vs. commoners game. I'm Nyan Cat, we have Schrödinger's Cat(flavored as half undead, result of the local mad alchemist), and a monster class version of the Cheshire Cat.
    That's the best thing I've ever heard.......
    My Extended Signature, Check it out!

DMing:

Amazing Irish Avatar by Savannah

My own 5e Bard Subclass
    Made by the awesome Wartex1!

LGBTA+ Ally

21. - Top - End - #201
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    It's not that bad, really. The trouble isn't the pressure, it's all the fiddle bits interacting with gravity.
    Guess it varies person to person. On the bright side, I never have to tuck. I find that type of position very uncomfortable. I can't even sit with my legs crossed "the female way". For reference this is what I mean:
    Spoiler
    Show

What does it say about humanity that all I had to type in was "crossed legs" and every picture was of women crossing their legs?

An I carry a plastic grocery bag in my bak pack for just such. Sometimes two, so Ivan either take it off for the ride home (thus leaving the bat onto prevent further raining) or to switch em.
    Probably a good idea, but I don't carry a bag most days, just the notebook for whichever class I have at that time. I only have one back-to-back and the second doesn't require a notebook.

Oh neat. Which ones are briefs? I kinda... Lost track of what is what.
    And the only source of info comes from cosplay sites of all places, with some very... Uh... Interesting advice. On the upside, they have the enefit of being able to pee while sitting down, which they list a a plus. On the downside, there is Saran wrap involved.
    Women's briefs: (I assume this doesn't count as a nude picture? It's a stock image from a site that sells underwear, I think.)
    Spoiler
    Show

I loved that one. So much better than the gelatinous cube monk, or the thirty-headed Tarasque. Your game sounds excellent.
    Jude P.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic_D&Der View Post
    I once played a cat burglar who was a cat with a built in laser pointer.
    It did about 6d6 damage a turn. More if I charged mah lazor first. Plus more from sneak attack.

That was a fun game. I am sad it broke.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Those are full briefs. Normal briefs are what I wear, and look more like this:

Spoiler
    Show
    Quotebox
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalirren View Post
    The only person in the past two pages who has known what (s)he has been talking about is Heliomance.
    I just don't want to have long romantic conversations or any sort of drama with my computer, okay? It knows what kind of porn I watch. I don't want to mess that up by allowing it to judge any of my choices in romance.

Wish building characters for D&D 3.5 was simpler? Try HeroForge Anew! An Excel-based, highly automated character builder. v7.4 now out!

24. - Top - End - #204

Those are full briefs. Normal briefs are what I wear, and look more like this:

Spoiler
    Show
    Both count as "briefs". There are a few different subvarieties.
    Jude P.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic_D&Der View Post
    And we might be getting a cleric of some egyptian deity to be our healer an our Armored Kitteh!

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    I once played a cat burglar who was a cat with a built in laser pointer.
    It did about 6d6 damage a turn. More if I charged mah lazor first. Plus more from sneak attack.

That was a fun game. I am sad it broke.
    That sounds wonderful. Absolutely marvelous!
    And so doth the winds of destiny change my course for better or worse for the whole of time.
    LGBTitP

Spoiler
    Show

Quotes about me!

You're fun to talk to. ^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by goletan
    Maturity is a word boring people use to describe themselves. And crazy is the word they use for fun people.

Besides, the dirty old guy is a staple of fiction everywhere.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Banned

Guess it varies person to person. On the bright side, I never have to tuck. I find that type of position very uncomfortable. I can't even sit with my legs crossed "the female way". For reference this is what I mean:
    Spoiler
    Show

What does it say about humanity that all I had to type in was "crossed legs" and every picture was of women crossing their legs?
    I am honestly more interested in why that image is listed under "health mistakes".
    That's not so bad pending weight and pelvis position. I suspect it's the leanness of my thighs what allows me to sit like that, along with pelvic angle and genital positioning. Though I prefer to fold upward rather than down, yes.

EDIT: ah, it's a circulation issue. That makes sense.

Probably a good idea, but I don't carry a bag most days, just the notebook for whichever class I have at that time. I only have one back-to-back and the second doesn't require a notebook.
    Call me lazy, but I hate having to bike with something in my hands. I'll do it, but if it's an everyday thing I will at least bring a handkerchief to wrap it up to the handlebars with.
    You could also rubber band a plastic bag to the bottom of the seat. Kind of the Altoids tin survival kit, da?

Women's briefs: (I assume this doesn't count as a nude picture? It's a stock image from a site that sells underwear, I think.)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, yeah. I was thinking shorts of some variety.
    Welp! Just gotta he up the nerve to buy some >_>
    Last edited by SiuiS; 2012-09-29 at 05:03 PM.

27. - Top - End - #207

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    I am honestly more interested in why that image is listed under "health mistakes".
    That's not so bad pending weight and pelvis position. I suspect it's the leanness of my thighs what allows me to sit like that, along with pelvic angle and genital positioning. Though I prefer to fold upward rather than down, yes.

EDIT: ah, it's a circulation issue. That makes sense.
    I have largeish thighs, I guess, and everything just feels crushed.

Call me lazy, but I hate having to bike with something in my hands. I'll do it, but if it's an everyday thing I will at least bring a handkerchief to wrap it up to the handlebars with.
    You could also rubber band a plastic bag to the bottom of the seat. Kind of the Altoids tin survival kit, da?
    That would require finding a rubber band, but that's a good idea. I'll try it.

I'm not a fan of briefs. Especially the female sort, but even the male sort with a bit more room.
    Jude P.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Troll in the Playground

I actually find sitting without my legs crossed uncomfortable; I just get do it without feeling uneasy.

Also congrats, Mynxae!
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #209
    Titan in the Playground

Aye, I find sitting with my legs crossed very comfortable, I do it all the time naturally.
    Quotebox
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalirren View Post
    The only person in the past two pages who has known what (s)he has been talking about is Heliomance.
    I just don't want to have long romantic conversations or any sort of drama with my computer, okay? It knows what kind of porn I watch. I don't want to mess that up by allowing it to judge any of my choices in romance.

Wish building characters for D&D 3.5 was simpler? Try HeroForge Anew! An Excel-based, highly automated character builder. v7.4 now out!

30. - Top - End - #210
    Troll in the Playground

My Adam's Apple Does Not Define Me; this is a pretty cool video. Standard advice to stay clear of the comments though. >.>
    Spoiler
    Show