Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 227
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2007

    Default Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    As the zombies run off, the woman puts a hand on her neck and suddenly her wounds don't seem so bad. "Thank you for your help, we would have been over run had you not come."
    Two human men exit the northeastern building in the square, and a large burly boy comes from the southeastern shop, replacing the barricades on the door as he exits. The three of them work with the woman to repair the street barricades against future zombie incursions.

    Description of northeastern building
    Spoiler
    Show
    A mutter of voices, a clatter of dishware, and the squeal of a poorly played wind instrument usher from this rambling building. A sign hanging precariously askew reads, "Blood on the Vine Tavern." A thin vein of smoke curls up from a wide chimney.
    As you look closer, you notice the
    n in on, used to be a f.

    Description of southeastern building
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sparse light gleams from gaps in the boarded up windows of this building. A sign over the door creaks on its hinges, proclaiming, "Bildrath's Mercantile"


    Nothing other than well worn clothing was found on the slain zombies.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    I move towards the Paladin and begin to speak with her "Hail Divine knight, Shepherd and Guardian of the threatened and lost. Your courage and valiance has shone through this day. Pelor smiles on us indeed. Tell me, for I must know: how came Borovia to such a state of turmoil? How many remain among the living and what state are they in? How fares this, our outpost, in this dark city? I must know forthwith for I have a great task before me set out by the divine light and methinks the state of the citizenry of Borovia will be essential in this quest.

    Further, where is the mayor? Has he and his wife survived the onslaught and is her health as dismal as was suggested in the letter sent to us?"

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2007

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    Continuing to work as she talks, "There are around a hundred men and women in the tavern. This is the first time the zombies have breached the barricades. My companions, Thendrick, faithful servant of Pelor, and Mathilda, a fighter of great renown, wanted to check out the church to the northwest. The townsfolk believe that's where the zombies arise. Everyone told them to talk to Madam Eva first - she's some sort of wise woman who lives west of town, the same one who apparently knows about the sunsword," she walks towards the well and begins pulling a bucket up, "But they wouldn't listen, the arrogant clods. They went to the church, confident they could handle whatever they found without needing advice," she takes a long draught from the bucket before offering it around, "That was three days ago. I haven't heard from them since, and haven't been able to venture beyond this square. As for the burgomaster, I have not heard what has happened to him," taking the bucket back, she dumps the rest over her head. "He isn't here, and no word has been heard of if he escaped from his home to the south, or whether they managed to keep it barricaded. We have heard nothing from anyone these past two weeks. If you're here to destroy zombies, our aims likely coincide. Will you help me find my companions, escape town, and talk to Madam Eva?" she looks at you, desperation showing in her eyes with the last question.
    Last edited by The Big Orc; 2012-09-27 at 05:49 PM.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    I smile kindly at her, "Of course, how could a disciple of Pelor refuse aid to those in such desperate need of his recourse. I should see the light of Pelor shine through these dark times and bring light and happiness back to these sad people.

    "I have some kind words I would like to share with the people here. I would humbly ask that all those able could join us outside as soon as possible. I believe that it is vital that they see that the light has not abandoned them to the thrall of the darkness." I say looking away with eyes that glow with painful nostalgia. I then look back and smile warmly.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    DM only:
    Spoiler
    Show

    spot check on cleric, to see how he is dealing with the aftereffects of the battle (e.g. bleeding, winded etc) and any other strange things out of place
    [roll]1d20[/roll]+11 I can't get it to work, can you just tell me the result?

    If the cleric successfully gets an audience, I will un-wildshape and say to the cleric that would not be a good idea right now...


    The fleshraker glances around warily and begins the slow process of scratching messages into the earth Not.. time.. to.. talk..more... coming...? while pointing at the zombies
    Last edited by Rofltrollcopter; 2012-09-27 at 09:57 PM.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    During these escapades, I stand and watch the builders reconstructing the barricade.

    Noticing the fleshraker's scratching, I interrupt the exchange with the Paladin. "The beast's concern is not unjustified. Pray tell me Lightbringer, are the undead of pressing concern, or can we afford some rest?" I ask with some urgency.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    I look straight into the eyes of Adolamin and speak with great conviction We are fighting more than undead here; we are fighting against despair, against those thoughts that drive men to abandon their convictions and their drive to fight back. These thoughts fester and grow in such conditions. They must all see this great victory. They all must see how the light has banished the darkness this day. They must see their heroes bloody and battled scarred and victorious! This day we shall harden those men and women that the undead shall cower in their wake, tremble before their thunderous battle cries and flee before the fiery fervor in their eyes as they charge their lines. They sit inside, helpless and defenseless. We heroes shall make heroes of them this day, banish the darkness in their minds and then banish the darkness that infects this city.
    Last edited by petagee; 2012-09-29 at 11:27 AM.

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2007

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    Dan
    Spoiler
    Show
    If he has taken any battle wounds (I cant remember) they look normal.


    "While the barricades are up, it is safe to rest, however we must be ready at a moments notice should they breach them again. I can try and convince the people to come out, however they are unlikely to exit until the infection is stopped. Many of them are superstitious, which leads them to believe crazy stories about how the infection can be spread. It may be wiser to let them stay in the buildings, and go to them individually if you wish to attempt to brighten their spirits."

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    The fleshraker snorts at the bard's commentEach... beast... in... own... way....

    The fleshraker glares at the cleric and scratches Need... save... bodies... before... souls...

    At the paladin's response, he relaxes slightly and adds Our... (unintelligible)... to.. help... What... does... Eva... know... why... you... care?

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    To the Paladin No matter, I will go to them. Remain vigilant my friends for they indeed may return and I will come at a moment's notice. For now, my divine services are perhaps best utilized by the townsfolk.

    Methinks we need stay here at least one day to rest and recover. We must cure those among us afflicted and aid those here as much as we can before departing even temporarily. Then, we must discuss our next move.

    For now, Eva, could you join me inside. There is something of great import that I must you about.


    I walk towards the Blood on the Vine Tavern and motion for Eva to join me.

    DM
    Spoiler
    Show
    To Eva I would ask you if you have any news of the Holy Symbol of Ravenkind. The Clergy of Pelor in Iereva seek it's power in their fight against the Necromancers in the east. I have been sent on a mission to recover it. Please tell me you know something of it.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Orc View Post
    Continuing to work as she talks, . Everyone told them to talk to Madam Eva first - she's some sort of wise woman who lives west of town
    Quote Originally Posted by petagee View Post
    For now, Eva, could you join me inside. There is something of great import that I must you about.
    ^I Don't think that works

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    Ryan Snow says to the Paladin, "You say that the towns folk believe strange tales of how this disease is spread, so how is this spread and what is its origin? We have discovered that coming in direct contact with the undead and then proceeding to die can cause one to turn undead, but are there other methods to become diseased?"

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2007

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    "We do not yet know how the disease spreads other than contact. As I mentioned, the zombies first arose from the church," she replies to Ryan. As Revin uses the wrong name on a woman who has not given out a name, "My name is Ashlyn the Lightbringer, Madame Eva is the soothsayer to the west. And I must prepare more defenses." Spotting the scratching in the sand, "It is said Eva can know all, and that one must ask the right question. And why do I care about what?"

    Revin cries out in pain, and falls to the ground.

    Peter
    Spoiler
    Show
    A bout of agony fills your body, Why are you acting as you do? You are an agent of Nerull, and though acting like one might get you killed here, that is no reason to act like one of Pelor's mindless servants, a voice you recognize only to well as Head Necromancer Kylar, If you must aid these people, do it quickly. The infection here is not of our doing, and the land of Barovia could use the influence of Nerull while you are at it. The pain recedes.

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    Heal check on Revan to determine whats going on

    [roll]1d20[/roll] + 9
    Rolling dice at home, I got a 16
    16 + 9 = 25
    If I can't determine a specific cause I will cast cure minor wounds
    Last edited by Rofltrollcopter; 2012-09-30 at 11:18 PM.

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2007

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    You cannot determine a cause

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    In response to Dan's touch I cry out, GET AWAY!! I start to my feet and move away from him. I then calm down a little and regain my composure Please leave me, I'm fine, really. Thank you for your aid Myrrdin but really, my health is not compromised. I will begin scouting the area; do not expect me back for some time.

    I move swiftly to leave the outpost.

    DM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Can I communicate with Kylar via this internal link or is it only one way?

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2007

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    Peter
    Spoiler
    Show
    During the connection, and for a minute after, you knew that Kylar could hear your thoughts. This is the first time he has used this method to communicate with you.
    If you let Kylar know immediately that you have more to say, he continues the connection, minus the pain. The pain seems to only be right at the start of the connection.
    Last edited by The Big Orc; 2012-10-01 at 04:12 PM.

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    @DM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Time for the million dollar question, is the cleric Undead?

    Based on the fact that I cast a cure spell on him, and I got a good look at him with a heal check, which should allow me to diagnose his basic vitals e.g. breathing, blood flow based on complexion, if he was having a seizure or heart attack, if he was salivating or foaming at the mouth, if he was displaying symptoms of shock etc.

    If the answer is yes, I will NOT force a pvp

    If Peter insists on starting something...
    http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...87/284/9fe.jpg

    Or if Peter tries to cast a spell, my dog will dimension door behind him and bite his ass


    @Bard
    Spoiler
    Show
    when he unwildshapes Myrddin whispers "I will try to prevent violence to the creature, prepare yourself if I do not succeed"


    The fleshraker stares shocked at his talon for a second, and then his form contorts and mutates until it resembles the unkempt man in ragged clothing the party had previously met

    He maneuvers around Revan and blocks his path with his plain looking wooden walking stick. He starts speaking in a strained and angry tone:

    Now is NOT the time for this sort amateur hour, lone wolf BULL****. In case there is still SOME sense that has not deserted that skull of yours. We are IN A TOWN crawling with ZOMBIES. what would you do if you had another episode? Asking them politely NOT TO KILL YOU? Do you seriously expect any of us to believe that randomly SCREAMING IN PAIN is NORMAL? If you care at all for these people, you have a DUTY to make sure that your taken care of. IF your died, you can do NOTHING for those who need you. You are going to go back, and get yourself looked after.
    NO ONE ELSE IS DYING HERE ON MY WATCH , DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME!


    Myrddin calms down, the anger leaving his voice, leaving him weary and resigned.

    You have proven yourself a worthy and capable comrade agianst these undead, but there are still corpse eaters, Varguille, and who knows what else still around. I am deeply sorry that I could not discover what ails you, but there should some healer in this town more capable then myself who may be able to assist you. We are all tired, we should take the time to rest, recover, and provide what aid we can.

    Myddin turns to the paladin. Honored Lightbringer, would it be possible for the town to put us up for the night. My cousin, Leroy perished in battle today. If possible, I would like to have the local priests perform his last rites to guide him on his final journey. I have some skills as a healer. In the name of Phieren I pledge to provide all of the help that I can to the people of Barovia
    Last edited by Rofltrollcopter; 2012-10-01 at 06:21 PM.

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    @Dan and Ian

    It is spelled Revan, just an FYI, just like KOTOR :P

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    DM
    Spoiler
    Show
    I cast detect magic and share it with my bat. We both inspect Revan.


    "Yes I am growing weary and would enjoy a good nights rest. Ashlyn is there room for us in the Blood on the Vine?
    ... OH i have a sudden need to relieve my bladder" Runs around corner and sounds of fumbling of clothing then a loud sigh.

    DM
    Spoiler
    Show
    I cast detect thoughts so my bat can listen to Revans thoughts and have it follow Revan. It has a +14 in hide +6 in move silent, is diminutive and its dark grey and its a dark cloudy night.
    Last edited by WyvernBlade; 2012-10-01 at 06:35 PM.

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    ... a few seconds later Ryan walks back around the corner. Man that was a good one.

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    Revan's uncomfortable expression of panic softens and he replies to Myrddin in a calm voice Yes, of course.... Please forgive my rashness, your level head now could have been the difference between my life and death. Thank you. As for my fit, like we discussed before: we all bear the burdens of our past, and such is my burden and I must bear it alone. Please think nothing of it. For now, let us finish reconstructing the fortifications and set a watch for the night. I will speak with the townsfolk tomorrow. There is still much to be done as is before we may rest for the night.

    DM
    Spoiler
    Show
    To Kylar I respond internally, My Dark Overlord, forgive my over zealous facade. I will show them how empty such promises of the light are, and the power Nerull possesses and bestows upon his servants. The Paladin may prove useful and I require her trust to glean what she knows about the symbol. Then I will make swift to kill her and other servants of Pelor that stand in my way. I care nothing for these pathetic, diseased people but to use them as leverage, and their trust too could be used, both for my quest and the greater power of Nerull.
    Last edited by petagee; 2012-10-01 at 06:52 PM.

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    Myrddin frowns, not satisfied with the answer Revan has provided. Very well. But such burdens cannot be dealt with on their own. If you have something you wish to share, you find in me a sympathetic ear. Nothing in this place is as at seems. Even in the dark places of the world there is a chance for new life to grow

    Myrddin's voice drops to whisper

    @cleric
    Spoiler
    Show
    His tone becomes as cold as the heart of winter "but there is one constant here: accident or not. if you cause any more harm to those I have taken under my protection, the only solace you will find from my wrath is Damnation"


    His voice returns to its normal volume and he turns to the rest of the group and is totally not a retcon!

    Ryan, would you help me retrieve my cousin's body? I would like to see he is taken care before the beasts find him
    Last edited by Rofltrollcopter; 2012-10-01 at 10:06 PM.

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    Ehh what are you saying druid I can't here. Ryan moves closer so that he can here what the druid is saying.

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    ^fixed it there

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    Adolamin abruptly raises his head in shock.

    "My apologizes all. There was an unexpected complication, and I am fairly certain it won't happen again."

    "Now, how shall we move forward?"

    @DM
    Spoiler
    Show

    I have been utilizing my magic amulet to receive a surprise call from the king. I probably should've mentioned this, but I cast Nystal's Magic Aura on the amulet this morning... Sorry about that.
    Last edited by Daphoa; 2012-10-01 at 10:43 PM.

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    Myrddin raises a quizzical eyebrow at the bard How so?
    Last edited by Rofltrollcopter; 2012-10-01 at 10:46 PM.

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2007

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    OOC: Yay, lots of progress, lots to respond to! Also, if everyone could list all protections they have (including save modifiers, ac, immunities, magical protection, etc) either in a spoiler or in a facebook message so that I can deal with some actions faster. If its not to much trouble, spell save dc's, spot and listen modifiers, etc would also be of use in speeding up the game. Thanks

    Dan
    Spoiler
    Show
    Will save please
    Revan did seem to be harmed by the cure spell. He is not undead, but he does not appear to be fully alive either
    You have no idea why he was in pain in the first place

    Peter
    Spoiler
    Show
    Will save please, also you took 1 damage from Dan's cure spell
    The connection fades with a quiet, Do not fail me.
    Also, with your list of protections, could you list exactly what the 2 feats do? thanks

    Jan
    Spoiler
    Show
    What is the save DC on Detect Thoughts (aka, your save DC for a second level spell)?
    Also, you should have heard the list of magical effects on Peter before from when EVERYONE cast detect magic, if you forgot, just ask Peter for the list of detectable magical effects on him

    Aaron
    Spoiler
    Show
    Will save please
    All good as talked about at snack. Just felt like you should have a spoiler too :D


    As Revan hits the ground, Ashlyn closes her eyes only to re-open them burning a bright white. As quickly as the light had come from them, it had faded. She looks at Revan, clearly troubled.

    Seemingly shocked when Myrrdin starts talking to her, "Hmm, sorry? Oh, yes, there is some space in the Blood on the Vine, however, it will be cramped and it will be the floor. The town's priest is not here, he is either at the church, somewhere else in the town or dead. If he has survived, I am sure he would be more than happy to perform them if we can find him. However, if it is pressing that the rites be done tonight, I have been trained to perform the rites and would be honored to perform them for your cousin." Smiling at the offer of help, "And Barovia will need all of the help it can get. May I suggest leaving for the church at first light? If that is in fact where the infection is spreading from, it seems the logical first choice to investigate. Also, we may find my companions, and they would prove valuable aid. If you require healing, I will help however I can."

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    DM
    Spoiler
    Show
    I was wondering if there was anything new, specifically a cause to his sudden pain when i cast detect magic.
    save dc against my second lvl spells are 17
    I have 21 ac (includes everythins)
    protection from evil, mage armour, bracers and ring of protection +1, ammulate of natural armour +1.
    Spot 2
    Listen 5
    Fortitude 4
    reflex 4
    will 5

    Yes, Myrddin I will help you recover your cousins body. Shall we wait till the morrow or would you prefer to go now?

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    As a quick aside to Myrddin - "It is not relevant, though I can assure you that truly no harm shall come of it".

    "I strongly suggest that we wait 'til morrow. The way around the city is undoubtedly barred by undead, and rest shall make us ready for the hard day tomorrow."

    "Also, Myrddin, though I understand the sentiment for your brother, I am hesitant to head to the church immediately, lest we fall to the same demise as Thendrick and Mathilda. Let us determine the reputation of this Madame Eva first, and then we can discuss the wisest course of action."

    @DM
    Spoiler
    Show

    Will save:(1d20+6)[23]
    Modifiers:
    Will +6, Reflex +6, Fort +2
    Spot +1, Listen +1
    AC 16
    Last edited by Daphoa; 2012-10-02 at 12:06 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •