Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 227
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    I look to Adolamin Yes, that seems prudent. Methinks the church bears some great ill. We should go armed with the most knowledge possible to face this threat. First to Madama Eva methinks. Let us conclude our business here and I will take first watch. I am not too weary yet. Myrrdin, would you join me on first watch. I have something to discuss with you.

    I am fine to perform the ceremonies now with Ashlyn if you would prefer Myrrdin. His soul deserves solace as do we all this night. The day has been long and difficult with another of it's kind to follow.

  2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    Adomlin hesitantly nods.

    "Your proposition is acceptable - should Myrddin agree."

    Turning to the Lightbringer, Adomlin begins his request. "Ashlyn, if it should not be too much trouble, I would appreciate introductions to some of the native residences. I would like to meet some of them, and I invite Ryan to join us."

    @Myrddin
    Spoiler
    Show

    At the next point of convenience, Adomlin whispers to Myrddin.

    "I am not certain of your opinion of Revan, but I for one am still hesitant to trust him. Call for me if you require assistance. While I may not be of large use in conflict, I am confident my support would not be without use."
    Last edited by Daphoa; 2012-10-02 at 03:47 PM.

  3. - Top - End - #33
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2007

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    "Yes, of course I can introduce you to the locals. However, tomorrow I leave for the church, I must find out what has happened to my companions. I wish you luck in your trek to Madame Eva's."

    Ashlyn guides Ryan and Adolamin into the tavern. Inside the main room, most of the tables are packed with families. "There behind the bar, that is Arik, the barkeep. At the back there," she points to a man sitting alone, sipping at a goblet of wine, "Is Ismark the Lesser. He is the burgomaster's son. You said you had business with the burgomaster? He would be the one to talk too." As Ashlyn takes you around and introduces you to the various families, you notice that she is avoiding a table with three men. You recognize two of them as the men who helped rebuild the barricade. She then takes you back, into the guest rooms that are even more crowded, and continues to introduce you.

    Jan
    Spoiler
    Show
    You did not notice anything new with detect magic when Peter fell to the ground. Also, I will start posting anything you gain from detect thoughts in these spoilers, as well as who you gain it from.
    Last edited by The Big Orc; 2012-10-02 at 02:31 PM.

  4. - Top - End - #34
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    @Ryan
    Spoiler
    Show
    As we walk around the common room I whisper to Ryan: "Perchance have you activated some sort of magic detection spell? I would be very interested in such knowledge and am prepared to cast one myself should it lack redundancy."
    Last edited by Daphoa; 2012-10-02 at 03:45 PM.

  5. - Top - End - #35
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    @Adolamin
    Spoiler
    Show

    I agree, we cannot trust him. We must deal with this death-priest at the first opportunity. Here, with innocents around, and with the town crawling with his potential minions, is not the right place. I will try to convince the sorcerer to aid us. If we depart for Eva's and get away from the city, then we will deal with him.
    Last edited by Rofltrollcopter; 2012-10-02 at 05:40 PM.

  6. - Top - End - #36
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    Adolamin
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes I have indeed cast a magic detection spell. Would you like me to look for something specific?

    To Adolamin: I would like to speak to Ismark the Lesser but I think it would be prudent to learn more about him before we approach him directly.
    Ryan goes to Arik and starts a conversation intending to learn more about Ismark the Lesser.

  7. - Top - End - #37
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    Myrddin relaxes agianst the side of one of the building, and waits for Ryan and Ashlyn to finish their business in the inn.

    When Revan offers to assist in the funeral, Myrddin's eyes flash with anger and tension returns to his frame.

    I would greatly prefer it if only Ashlyn, as a Barovian from the same community as my cousin, performed the rites. Once I have seen to his funeral I will join you on watch for the night.



    @DM
    Spoiler
    Show

    Will save: 13 + 8 + 1 if provoked by spell

    how do you get the dice to work? [roll]1d20[/roll] gives me [roll0]

    Also, at the first convenient point between now and when we all rest for the night, I try to find Ashlyn in private, away from the party and talk to her.

    Hello agian, Lightbringer. I apologize for not introducing myself properly earlier. I am Myrddin, Exalted Druid in service to Phieren. I am here on a mission for the forces of good. Would you know of the location of any libraries, archives, or ruins in Barovia? Or perhaps someone who would know of such things? Also, if you know of any other druids or druids' circles in the region, I would like to know of them.

    I suspect you already know this, but I would strongly advise you not to trust the cleric. He is no priest of Pelor, and I doubt whatever god he serves acts in the interest of Barovia. I personally witnessed him command some of the undead as if he were their master. Myself and the rest of the party will discern his true intentions and deal with him. We will not confront him in the town, due to the risk it may pose to those you are protecting.

    I have one last request, I have sworn a sacred vow of poverty, and as such I have forsworn all material possessions in order to seek enlightenment. Dark days are coming, and some of the more powerful spells at my disposal require components of material value. I beg from you, would you be willing to bless one of my waterskins, such that it contains holy water? Also, could you provide two 50gp quartz gemstones? I would ask that you would not do this as a gift to me, but an offering up to forces of good, that it is my burden and duty to see used to their end
    Last edited by Rofltrollcopter; 2012-10-02 at 09:16 PM.

  8. - Top - End - #38
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    @Jan

    Is it okay If i go ahead and write some posts about retrieving Leroy's body? I just don't want to stall the plot

  9. - Top - End - #39
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    @Ryan
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Not currently, I ask only that you keep vigilant. I wish to be certain there are none who are withholding dark secrets."


    Adolamin follows Ryan up to the barkeeper and attempts to begin a casual conversation.

    "Greetings barkeep. How does thee fair in these troubled times?"

    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I would like to warm him up to me. If it's allowed I'll make a Diplomacy check to do so (1d20+17)[27]

    Also @Dan: I realize it wasn't directed at me, but I have no problems with it. I don't currently have intentions to head outside in the near future.
    Last edited by Daphoa; 2012-10-02 at 06:19 PM.

  10. - Top - End - #40
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    @Ashlyn

    If you will not consent to visit Eva first and insist on visiting the church tomorrow we should all go together. We needn't lose any more brave heroes as we have already today. Nodding to Myrrdin I will, for one, accompany you to the church. Though I do insist we meet with Madama Eva with all swiftness.
    @Myrrdin

    With a slight bow, Very well, do as you wish. I wish your cousin a peaceful rest. I will speak with you presently.

    As I walk away, I fiddle with my armour a little and with a quick flick of the wrist, the whole set of armour falls off and slumps to the ground. I pick it up and rest it beside one of the buildings. I then proceed to climb onto one of the more accessible nearby buildings, using the barricades to boost me up. I then begin looking around for any threats and a better place to scout.
    Last edited by petagee; 2012-10-02 at 07:47 PM.

  11. - Top - End - #41
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    Seeing himself alone in the courtyard, Myrddin glances up at the retreating Riven. He mutters under his breath

    Scouting mission my ass

    When Ryan eventually returns from the inn, Myrddin starts crawling over the barricade and beckons him to follow.

    @Ryan
    Spoiler
    Show
    When they are far enough away from the compound, Myrddin starts talking to Ryan. I would strongly advise you not to trust the cleric. Myself and the bard are planning on confronting him tomorrow. We will deal with him then, one way or another. In the meantime, I would advise you to have your bat shadow him, to make sure does not do anything nefarious


    @DM
    Spoiler
    Show
    When I am alone in the courtyard, I tell my Blink Dog to shadow Riven, by using Dimension Door and Blink stay out of sight. I tell him not to engage him or any other creature, and if he starts doing anything suspicious to return and inform me immediately (He's got an int of 10, so I think he can understand commands that complex)


    (Does anything happen on the way to the body?)
    Last edited by Rofltrollcopter; 2012-10-02 at 09:39 PM.

  12. - Top - End - #42
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2007

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    The rescue mission of Leeroy's body goes fine.

    Adolamin and Ryan
    The bartender looks around at all of the bodies in his tavern, "My tavern is packed and I am not making a profit off of it for the first time," he laughs a bit, "Ah, we all need a little humor in these dark times. Anyways, I need to keep these people fed so I would direct questions to Ismark unless they are things that only I could answer, such as what small bit of floor is not yet occupied at night."

    Revan
    "Thank you for coming with me tomorrow, I fear that my companions will not last long, if they have lasted until now," whispering into your ear, Ashlyn says,
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Choose your path wisely for there are many forces of good still at work here and should you stray or betray them, they will hunt you with a vengeance. I know that temptation guides you as much as redemption does but let good flow through you so that all will know that you aided, not destroyed, the world."


    Myrrdin
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Hello Myrrdin, may the light guide your steps. The only place that might contain what you seek would be Castle Ravenloft. However, the townsfolk seem terrified of it and when my companions and I went to see it, I must say a feeling of dread washed over us as well. If she is as wise as the townsfolk claim, perhaps Madame Eva knows were you could find what you are looking for. As for druids, the only ones in the area have gone insane. We tried to contact the elves in the woods but they attacked us with a group of wolves when we entered there territory." At the mention of the priest, she pauses and looks into the distance troubled, "Keep a close eye on him, but I do not believes he means you or the land harm. A difficult choice approaches for him and it is one he must make on his own." As you offer her your waterskin, she pulls a pouch off her belt, pulls a sprinkle of a silverish dust, and whispers a few indecipherable words as she releases it into the water. "That should do. I will see if I can acquire a pair of the gemstones for you by tomorrow. Would it be too much to ask what your mission is? Perhaps the Lightbringer's may be of service."


    As fog falls over the square, Ashlyn brings those who would leave the tavern to the center of the town, where beside the well is a large pyre. She is dressed not in the armor of war but in the robes of a priest. Once everyone has gathered, two large men carry a limp form, dressed in a red tunic, decorated with several silver tassels, from the tavern to the pyre and place Leeroy Jenkins gently ontop of the wood. "As we gather here today, we mourn the loss of a friend and family member. Yet we also celebrate the life of Leeroy Jenkins, who died a hero fighting the undead incursion." Ashlyn continues on for a few minutes before asking Myrrdin to come up and speak of his dead cousin. Once Myrrdin is finished, Ashlyn begins the rights of death. Half an hour latter, she takes a torch and lights the pyre from three sides, leaving the side closest to Myrrdin unlit. "And so passes Leeroy Jenkins, Hero of Barovia, cousin of Myrrdin, and friend to all."

    As she finishes speaking, the sun has fallen from the sky and the only light is from the burning fire.

    Ryan
    Spoiler
    Show
    You have access to the thing I spoilered to Peter(Revan)


    Please do finish the conversations I cut off with the funeral, just thought it was important to get that post out. Let me know when everything you want to do before night is done and once everyone is done, I will progress the story.
    Last edited by The Big Orc; 2012-10-06 at 11:45 AM.

  13. - Top - End - #43
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    Ryan chuckles, "It is a sad day when inn keepers do not make a profit off of their patrons. Let it not be said that Ryan Snow slept while his host shivered." Ryan tosses Arik a bag of 25 silver coins, then proceeds to leave the Blood on the Vine.

    DM
    Spoiler
    Show
    When I ask Revan what he hope to gain from the scouting I'm hoping my bat will be able to determine the true meaning of his scouting mission because he will be thinking of it.


    Ryan follows Myrrdin over the baricade.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I will follow your advise.

    "The inn seems reasonable enough considering the circumstances, I will be staying there tonight." Ryan asks Myrrdin.

    When Ryan climbs back over the barricade he approaches the building on which Revan is standing. "Ho Revan, will you be joining us in the in later tonight?" After Revan gives his response Ryan asks, "What do you hope to gain from the scouting mission?"

  14. - Top - End - #44
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    @DM
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Talking to Ashlyn)
    What is it about this Castle Ravenloft that makes the place so intimidating?
    Merciful light...The local druids have gone insane? What do you mean? When did this happen? I wish I could be as confident about Riven as you are. Have you ever been to Minrathous, the Tevinter capital? There, they have a saying: 'greet the man who comes to kill you as your own brother, for he is the most honest man you will meet today'. If we do not deal with him, he could very well be the doom of us all.

    I beg you to delay your journey to the church until we have met Madame Eva. We can not afford to lose anymore people. If you insist on heading there as soon as you can, I will accompany you.

    As for this zombie menace.. when did they start attacking? Did anything unusual happen in the town before they attacked? Are there people still trapped outside the barricade in the town?

    "I have been comissioned to come to Barovia to find a book. I was told the book was written by a Strahd. I was told that Strahd was a man who fell to darkness, and that this book contains his inner thoughts as he was changing. This book may offer insight into how good people can fall into darkness. The people who asked me to find it believe that such insights can be used to counsel people, to guide them away from darkness and back into the light"

    (OOC: not lying just not telling the full truth, the book could perhaps by used to perfect the ritual, but its a secondary objective)


    @DM
    Spoiler
    Show

    During the funeral I activated Nimbus of light

    Will the Circle try to contact me via Sending? If so I will try to stay awake until the appropriate meeting time. About half an hour before the fog begins to form, I will wake up, wildshape into an eagle and try to fly as high above Barovia and the surrounding country as possible, in order to see if the fog is coming from a specific place/make any other observations I can about the fog. I will then try to return to the town undetected


    When Myrddin is standing over Leroy's body, he clears his throat and begins to speak:
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olxq5...97422C71915B18)

    In this vast world where men can wield power rivaling the gods themselves, Leeroy was exceptional. It was not prowess of arms, nor strength of will, nor feats of epic magic that made him unique. It was his smile, his kindness, the complete peace and fulfillment he found in his interaction with everyone he met that made him special. That was the man who greeted me when I found out about my distant relation to the Jenkins family. I only had the privilege of knowing them for a few short years, but the years that I knew them were the happiest in my life. They were generous people, who welcomed me with open arms and hearts. Such people deserve to be honored. The bards tell far too many stories of the men and women who brave exotic lands and slay fearsome monsters. Such tales of cunning and boldness are fundamentally lacking. In my mind, the man worthy of legend is the one who is friends with his neighbor, who improves the life of everyone whom they cross paths with. These are the people who should be honored, these are the people who build the foundations of tomorrow's world, and these are the people we should all aspire to be.


    (A harsh, bright light begins emanating from Myrddin's skin, standing out in stark contrast agianst the dark night and encroaching fog)

    I know that many of you are afraid that in these coming dark days Barovia will fall. I promise you all, the dawn is coming. The forces for good are as numerous and vast as the forces of darkness. In all of your hearts rests a courage that will make the very heavens tremble at your presence. Working together, every man, women, and child, we WILL save Barovia


    Our time is up friends, lets do this, lets do it in the memory of this man, this legend. May his name be forever remembered as a rallying cry for those who face incredible odds.

    (Myrddin lights the body with his torch, and then turns to stare up at the sky)









    LEEEEEEEROY JENKIIIIIIIIIIIIINS
    Last edited by Rofltrollcopter; 2012-10-06 at 07:47 PM.

  15. - Top - End - #45
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2007

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    Myrrdin
    Spoiler
    Show
    Since the fog formed as the funeral started, I will assume you scout out the fog after the funeral. How far do you scout?
    The Circle have left you with instructions to contact them should you discover anything. They cast a spell on you allowing you to inform them you need to contact them by snapping your fingers eleven times consecutively.

    "I am not sure how they went insane, or even if they were druids. The locals call them druids, but that may just be because they live in the forest or because they are elves. This bunch is unused to sane non-humans. As for Revan, the gods have shown me that I must not directly interfere with his task. And you are right, he could be the death of us all. But that is a chance I am being told to take. And I understand your concerns about traveling to the church but every day I wait is a day that my companions must survive." At the mention of the book, Ashlyn frowns, "Do you speak of the Tome of Strahd? I know nothing but rumors, perhaps Madame Eva knows what you search for?"

  16. - Top - End - #46
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    @DM
    Spoiler
    Show
    I thought the fog started in the morning. Derp. In that case, I do fly out an hour before the fog is supposed to form. I first do a quick once over the town, high enough to avoid any more annoying flying heads, but low enough to be able to make out individual objects. I am looking for movement, and trying to count the number of undead within the town. I then try to head west to the church, to see if anything is happening there. After which, I will fly towards the indicated direction of Eva's camp and try to see what I can there.
    (+9 modifers for all of them)
    Spot check for town:
    [roll]1d20[/roll]

    Spot check for church:
    [roll]1d20[/roll]


    Spot check for camp:
    [roll]1d20[/roll]


    Afterwards, I fly as physically high as I can try to look at the region of Barovia as a whole. There I will wait for the fog to form, after which I will to try to spot where the fog is coming from.

    Spot check for fog:
    [roll]1d20[/roll]



    @Ryan
    Spoiler
    Show
    (I am saying the same thing to Aaron, I just didn't want it to look too suspicious. You can check the boxes in this post to see what I am saying to Peter and Aaron)

    I find Ryan and Adolamin and talk to them in a place where no one can overhear us.

    Gentlemen, we have a quandary to address. This Revan is a potential threat to all of us, and Barovia as a whole. I am certain that he is some form of Undead. You saw how he reacted to my cure spell, and when I looked at his body to see what was causing his seizure, I noticed that it was not behaving like a regular, healthy human body. It was more like some sort of childish imitation. Master Bard, you have surely heard of many strange stories, do you know of what form of undead Riven could be? (knowledge: religion check time!)

    I suspect he is using some of illusion magic to mask his true nature. I would strongly advise you to keep this secret for the moment, we do not need to incite a riot. Furthermore, he commanded the undead. Goodly priests are not capable of wielding such power, and I find it extremely unlikely that a god of the Sun such as Pelor would grant such power. Whatever god he worships, it is unlikely that it has good intentions for Barovia. I suggest we all share our notes about what we know or can figure out about him.

    I will sleep a lot easier at night once we have figured out what to make of him. What do you two propose we do?


    @Adolimin
    Spoiler
    Show
    (I am saying the same thing to Jan, I just didn't want it to look too suspicious. You can check the boxes in this post to see what I am saying to Peter and Jan)

    I find Ryan and Adolamin and talk to them in a place where no one can overhear us.

    Gentlemen, we have a quandary to address. This Revan is a potential threat to all of us, and Barovia as a whole. I am certain that he is some form of Undead. You saw how he reacted to my cure spell, and when I looked at his body to see what was causing his seizure, I noticed that it was not behaving like a regular, healthy human body. It was more like some sort of childish imitation. Master Bard, you have surely heard of many strange thing, do you know what form of undead Riven could be? (knowledge: religion check time!)

    I suspect he is using some of illusion magic to mask his true nature. I would strongly advise you to keep this secret for the moment, we do not need to incite a riot. Furthermore, he commanded the undead. Goodly priests are not capable of wielding such power, and I find it extremely unlikely that a god of the Sun such as Pelor would grant such power. Whatever god he worships, it is unlikely that it has good intentions for Barovia. I suggest we all share our notes about what we know or can figure out about him.

    I will sleep a lot easier at night once we have figured out what to make of him. What do you two propose we do?


    @Riven
    Spoiler
    Show
    During watch that night, Myrddin glances out into the deep fog. He turns back to Riven and says in a rather pointed tone Is there anything you want to say to me?
    Last edited by Rofltrollcopter; 2012-10-06 at 11:33 PM.

  17. - Top - End - #47
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    @DM
    Spoiler
    Show

    Spot checks:
    (1d20)[14]
    (1d20)[15]
    (1d20)[8]
    (1d20)[6]

  18. - Top - End - #48
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2007

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    Myrrdin
    Spoiler
    Show
    Town: Hundreds of zombies, a few groups of the flying heads, more of the carcass eating dog things. You spot a few ghouls, occasionally attacking a lone zombie before feasting on the corpse.
    Church: Nothing noteworthy, still lots of zombies, a few go in and out of the open doors
    Camp: About 10 humans and 10 halflings move around a group of tents carrying boxes of weapons, moving some into tents, others into a wagon. Before they are put onto a wagon, a better armored human checks through the box and makes a mark on parchment
    Fog: Because you have to get back for the funeral, you only have time to notice that it spreads from far to the north of the town, towards the woods, and from two seperate places in the west, both past the tser pools.

    and hey, finally got the die roller workin i see!

  19. - Top - End - #49
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    @DM
    Spoiler
    Show

    OOC: So... way back at the conversation with the barkeeper. This is in spoiler since it seems as though I am alone with him. Also there seems to be a bunch of uncoordinated timings which may be worth attempting to organize.

    "So, please good sir, tell me more about this Ismark. I have heard his name much, but story never. I would like to hear how Barovia came to meet this character, should you have the time."


    @Myrrdin
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Ryan is redirected here as well.

    "I agree that he is holding some sort of facade, however I believe his motives are far to uncertain to provoke an attack - I like to think there's hope for him. If you agree, I suggest we attempt to approach him in a safe location. I recognize that this may not be soon, because of those requiring protection and those we must protect ourselves against. But when the time eventually comes, I suggest we stand together and demand answers. So, my fellow travellers, do you agree?"

    OOC:
    Checks on Revin undead:
    Also Bardic Knowledge: (1d20+17)[21]
    Knowledge (Religon): (1d20+3)[19]
    Knowledge (History): (1d20+7)[10]


    @Ryan
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: You can look at Myrrdin's spoiler in this post.

  20. - Top - End - #50
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    In response to Ashlyn whispering in Revan's ear, Revan's face goes white.

    @Ashlyn (DM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    I do not know what you know or think you know but know this: my devotion to the light is absolute...


    @Ryan
    My purpose here is only peripherally for scouting. I will not be returning to the inn. I will find my rest out here. As such, I may as well make my eyes useful. If you will excuse us Ryan, I have something to discuss with Myrrdin. Sleep well my friend.

    When Ryan departs, staring out into the darkness, I begin speaking to Myrrdin
    @Myrrdin
    Spoiler
    Show
    While I feel for the sadness you experience now because of the loss of your cousin, understand this: I will not tolerate threats against my person or anyone else here. This is not the place or time for such immaturity. There is far more at stake here than you understand. Revan pauses, then turns to Myrrdin Or perhaps you do. Despite your fervent love of your cousin, I do not believe that is your only purpose here. But we all have our secrets don't we... Revan turns away again. I am beginning to sense now that our goals are perhaps more closely tied than I had anticipated. I pray Leeroy's death will not prevent our cooperation towards fulfilling our goals. I also appreciate your concern today for my safety, and I thank you again for your level head. Please understand that my condition will not affect our quest. It is the dear price I pay so I may do greater good. Revan turns back to Myrrdin and smiles You should rest my friend, you are weary with the day's toil. I would now humbly ask for solitude, for I too am weary. Good night my friend.


    Also, because it's really been bothering me, the names of character are spelled as follows: Adolamin, Revan, Myrddin, Ryan :P
    Last edited by petagee; 2012-10-07 at 07:08 PM.

  21. - Top - End - #51
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    @DM
    Spoiler
    Show
    When I was looking over the town, did the undead seem to have some common direction? e.g. were they randomly moving or going in organized search patterns? Also, did any see any other humans trapped in the town?

    About the fog, is it distinct from the mists?
    could I locate those three points that the fog is coming from if I saw a map of Barovia, or could I find them on my own?
    Survival check (if relevant):

    [roll]1d20+9[/roll]
    I apologize for all of the out of chronological sequence stuff, but did my Blink dog tell me if Riven was up to anything before I took watch with him?

    Also, standing instructions about collecting scrying components are still relevant. I am obviously focusing more on Riven then Adolimin (e.g. I won't grab Adolimin's component unless I can clearly do it without suspicion)

    While we are on the topic of super paranoia, I am watching my own nail clippings, bits of hair etc. I will try to gather them up and dispose of them the next time I return to the woods.

    Also, @Ashlyn
    He 'could' be the death of all of us? You are not inspiring me with much confidence. Also about the Tome of Strahd.. It has a name? What rumors do you know of it? Also, if you know of anyone who could tell me of the history or legends of Barovia, I would be very grateful.


    @Adolimin
    Spoiler
    Show

    OOC:You came up with a much better system then I did, Jan is directed here as well

    Yes, I agree that we should avoid violence unless we have no other choice. He is after something, something he thinks that he cannot get on his own. Thats why he is playing nice. Otherwise, he would have turned on us the moment that we arrived in town, when he had access to potential servants. I have my own theory: he is looking for the source of the zombie plague. Such a disease could be a significant weapon to anyone who had power to command the undead. Imagine this blight unleashed in a slum in one of the larger cities of Tevinter, within a day you would have your own army. Notice how he changed his mind to go with Ashlyn, once the two of you announced your intentions to see Madame Eva? If he heads out to the church tomorrow and discover the true source of the plague, then would be the best time for him to turn on us.


    @Ryan
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: see @Adolimin


    @Riven (NOW WITH ACTUAL CONTENT)
    Spoiler
    Show


    Myrddin stands still, his shoulders tensing as Riven mentions secrets

    "You remind we an awful lot of someone I used to know...

    That is quite the nerve, Revan, to portray yourself as the victim in this affair. It was you who shed my family's blood, with that cursed abomination. You are very fortunate that I follow a God of Mercy, otherwise we not be talking to each other on such pleasent terms. The only things that I threaten are the Undead, and the other monsters that threaten these people.

    You claim to act 'for the greater good'? People bring out this mythical 'greater good' right before they justify some monstrous act. This greater good, that only those on their, self appointed high perches can see. They look would look over these people, view them as simple, as ultimately unimportant compared to whatever they had in mind. Only because they had the fortune of noble birth, or a gift of magic, or strength of arms. The only thing that is important is the individual people who you meet along the way. In the few years I have walked this world, one of the only things that I am certain of is that there is no greater good that we mortals can see. I know right, and I know wrong, and I learned the good grace to know which was which. Nothing else matters. I payed far too much for that particular lesson...

    You want my friendship? Only the gods' know how such a thing will be possible. If you want my trust, you can earn it tomorrow by helping these people.


    Myrddin nods towards Riven, and then resumes staring out into the fog.
    Last edited by Rofltrollcopter; 2012-10-09 at 12:49 AM.

  22. - Top - End - #52
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    @Myrddin
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Ryan here too... blah, blah, blah

    "I see reason in your concern. We should not allow him to explore alone, for obvious reasons. I still maintain we should hold our course to search for Madame Eve first - such would be prudent. However, if we can not convince Ashlyn and Revin to join us, I fear we are left with the much less safe path. The more reckless one, simply because we cannot risk being wrong."

    Turning to Ryan, "I have noticed you are in tune to the arcane arts more strongly than I am. Pray tell me, do you have any spells or knowledge that will help us avoid this more perilous path? I wish to monitor this Revin, rather than be forced to follow into dangerous territory."


    @Ryan
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: You can look at @Myrddin... Again
    Last edited by Daphoa; 2012-10-08 at 11:08 AM.

  23. - Top - End - #53
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    DM
    Spoiler
    Show
    So did I find out why Revan is scouting? Also how does charm person work on pcs?
    also knowledge arcana on Revan to determine if he is some arcane creature. [roll0]+9


    Adolimin
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Myrrdin is here too.
    "Unfortunately I do not have any form of divination that I can use to spy on Revan however my bat is following him at the moment.
    I am interested in talking to this Madam Eve as well however I agree that we cannot let Revan go into the cathedral by himself. So I think we should accompany him. We are close to the Cathedral now and I would prefer not to have to do so much walking. We may also learn things of interest in there."


    Myrrdin
    Spoiler
    Show
    Congratulations!! You have gained access to the above message to Adolamin!!!

  24. - Top - End - #54
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    @Myrrdin
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: This conversation may be worth having IRL

  25. - Top - End - #55
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    @Myrddin
    Spoiler
    Show
    Good, let us keep threats for our enemies.

    After a long pause, Revan (NOTICE THE SPELLING!!!!) speaks, his voice shaking,

    I am a monster Myrddin, and I have done terrible...terrible deeds perched high above the world. But my delusions of faultlessness and the world's insignificance are fading. I can no longer look into their suffering eyes and not see my former self. I can no longer stand aloft and perpetuate that suffering. I alone must bear the responsibility for what I have done. He looks back at Myrddin, his voice is now firm, resolved, Though monster I may be, I will not abandon these people to death. And I will banish the monster inside of me, even if that should come to my death...

  26. - Top - End - #56
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    @Revan
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: I would be interested in seeing your proficiency in spelling at 1 in the morning.

    I see... Myrddin's voice softens


    The monster that calls itself a monster is hardly as monstrous as the monster thinks. Only when the monster does not consider itself a monster is it a true monster. I am willing to help you, but there is only so much I can do through metaphor and simile. My god, Phieran teaches perseverance in the face of suffering, and the endurance to ease pain through times of trouble. If your intention is to atone for whatever you have done, then know you do not have to go down that path by yourself. What does your god teach, Revan?


  27. - Top - End - #57
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    Ryan approaches Ahlyn and says,"I saw you heal yourself earlier so I was wondering if you would also be able to cure me. I was struck by an undead during a struggle with one and have contracted a disease and would be grateful if you could cure me of it."

    Afterwards Ryan reenters the tavern and speaks to the patrons attempting to gather information about Madam Eva and the Chapel.
    DM
    Spoiler
    Show
    and the witch and demon.
    Last edited by WyvernBlade; 2012-10-10 at 05:49 PM.

  28. - Top - End - #58
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    @Myrddin
    Spoiler
    Show
    For now, I regret that metaphor and simile are all I can indulge in. While I must atone for my sins, my sins must remain my own until such a time as I feel they may be divulged. And any guidance from the divine is obscured for now by paradox and conflict. I must find my direction elsewhere it seems. Revan turns and hops down from the building, heading towards the inn. As he leaves, he turns to Myrddin I will inquire to Ashlyn whom among the townsfolk require our aid tomorrow so we may prepare appropriately. Keep watch if you will for now; I will return forwith. Revan smiles, a look of peace on his face.


    @DM
    Spoiler
    Show
    I head to the inn, find Ashlyn if she is still awake and ask her Sister Ashlyn, I wonder: whom among the people require the aid of our party most dearly and what is their affliction? I would like to prepare to aid them as effectively as possible tomorrow.

  29. - Top - End - #59
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2007

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    Revan
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I have cured the afflictions of these people, however there is always the fear of a lack of food and water."

    Adolamin
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Ismark? He's the burgomeister's son. He's right there, meet him yourself," the barkeep replies pointing toward Ismark's table.

    Ryan
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I would be happy to heal your infliction in the morning, I have used my healing abilities already today otherwise you would be cured already."
    No new knowledge about Revan from the knowledge check, dont know why he is scouting yet so I cant tell you anything yet.
    On the witches, you hear that they gather at Lysaga hill.
    More about Madame Eva being a "wisewoman" "soothsayer" "witch" etc etc
    On the chapel, superstitious mutterings about the infection spreading from there

    Myrrdin
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I too am new to this region, I believe that following the villagers suggestion of talking to Madame Eva is the best course of action for your questions. Perhaps the burgomaster will have more to say."
    Ill let you know if your blink dog finds anything out when I know what he could find out.
    You could not see the distinct points at which the fog spread from, but you could find the general areas.

  30. - Top - End - #60
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    OOC: In the interest of moving past spoilers for mundane stuff, here's my conversation with Ashlyn thus far...

    I head to the inn, find Ashlyn if she is still awake and ask her Sister Ashlyn, I wonder: whom among the people require the aid of our party most dearly and what is their affliction? I would like to prepare to aid them as effectively as possible tomorrow

    Ashlyn: "I have cured the afflictions of these people, however there is always the fear of a lack of food and water."


    In response Revan smiles, Very well. Then I shall make it so. Tell me, how many are there to feed? And is there any contaminated food or drink I could cleanse so that I could be eaten once more?

    @DM
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: I was wondering if you have a chance to discuss the whole alignment shifting thing with me at some point so we can clear up exactly what happens.
    Last edited by petagee; 2012-10-11 at 10:13 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •