Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 227
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    OOC: In the interest of moving past the era of spoiler tags, I'll open up my conversation with the barkeeper.

    Previous Dialog:
    "So, please good sir, tell me more about this Ismark. I have heard his name much, but story never. I would like to hear how Barovia came to meet this character, should you have the time."

    "Ismark? He's the burgomeister's son. He's right there, meet him yourself," the barkeep replies pointing toward Ismark's table.

    Current:
    "Ah, so he is" Adolamin turns to go, but then abruptly turns around "Ah, yes, before I forget, when did this all start? The undead, that is."

  2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2007

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    Revan

    "There are just over a hundred. The only thing I would want cleansed would be the alcohol so that we have water instead, however I do believe Arik(barkeep) would kill me if I tried."
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'll be by Grebel today, we can talk then


    Adolamin

    "It started just over a week ago."

  3. - Top - End - #63
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    "Right, thanks" Turning to leave again, Adolamin ends up turning a full 360. "Oh, and you didn't notice anything else strange around that time did you? New people showing up town? Odd behaviours?"

  4. - Top - End - #64
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    OOC: NOOO my beloved spoiler posts

    Plot coupons I have managed to collect so far:
    1. Local druids/elves/forest dwellers have gone insane, and attacked townsfolk with wolves

    2. Theres a Castle Ravenloft, its a scary place

    3. Madame Eva is traveling with a group of 20 humans and halflings, they are well armed and are stockpiling weapons. More then they have a use for themselves.

    4. Current status of nasties in the town: hundreds of zombies, smaller groups of flying heads and corpse eaters, and a pack of ghouls. The church does not appear to be the focus of the zombie activity, nor are they being actively guided by some form of intelligence

    ...

    I went on a "scouting mission"

    Would anyone mind If I retconned Myrddin just waiting outside of the inn for Ryan so I can help collect more plot coupons?

  5. - Top - End - #65
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    In response to Ashlyn's comment, Revan laughs heartily, Very good. There is nothing to upset a man more than losing his livelihood, especially in times like these. Good night.

    As Revan walks out of the inn, passing by Myrddin at the door, he nods to Myrddin and says I will resume my watch. Good night my friend. Until tomorrow Revan walks back up to the barricade, climbs up to his watching spot and stands silently.

    @DM
    Spoiler
    Show
    During the night, sometime after it is quite late and it is clear no one is still awake or around, I take off into the city, headed for the outskirts. I have called my armour to me and I am watching for any signs of undead.

    Once I reach the outskirts, I take out my sickle and raise it into the air and cast light on it, then dismiss it a moment after it is cast so it only flashes for a moment. I then hide and wait for my undead pets to show up.

    I tell my ettin to hide in an abandoned building near the edge of town and if anyone comes to bother him, to run away and stay outside of town. To my wolves, to patrol outside of the encampment and not engage anyone and run and hide if need be. If any group of undead more than 5 comes close to the camp, I tell them to howl. To my bat, I tell it to find me, screech then fly away if it hears a howl around the camp and I am away. After arranging that I resume my post back at the encampment.

    OOC: This is what I do assuming nothing happens. As soon as it does, I will change accordingly :P

  6. - Top - End - #66
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    @DM
    Spoiler
    Show

    When Revan is out of sight, Myrddin adds:
    Revan, you completely missed the implications of what I said. I will destroy ALL of the undead in Barovia, yourself included.

    Must I at length the Sword of Justice draw?
    Oh curst Effects of necessary Law!
    How ill my Fear they by my Mercy scan,
    Beware the Fury of a Patient Man.


    I stare out into the fog. I enter into a meditative trance, during which I attempt to assess my own mental state, and compare it to how I was before I entered the land of Barovia. I do this to try to see if the fog has had any effect on myself.

    Concentration:[roll0]
    Heal:[roll1]
    Knowledge Nature [roll2]

    Concentration:[roll]1d20+12[/roll]
    Heal:[roll]1d20+9[/roll]
    Knowledge Nature [roll]1d20+11[/roll]

    Acting on the assumption that contact will not be made instantaneous and that there will be some delay, I snap my fingers eleven times.

    I call Rabbit, the Blink Dog over. I know its been a long day for the both of us, but I need to ask you to shadow Revan until morning. With all these zombies around, he is going to be up to something. Stay out of sight, stay hidden, and run if a fight starts. You can sleep here tomorrow when we go to the chapel, we will need someone to stay behind anyway. Plus there are kids you can play with.


    Myrddin eyes glaze over, but he is startled back into reality when Revan walks by. Do you hear it, Revan?
    Last edited by Rofltrollcopter; 2012-10-11 at 09:36 PM.

  7. - Top - End - #67
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    Spoiler
    Show

    Turns out using preview post breaks the dice
    Concentration:(1d20+12)[13]
    Heal:(1d20+9)[23]
    Knowledge Nature (1d20+11)[19]

  8. - Top - End - #68
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    Revan's looks confused, he responds I'm sorry my friend I do not think I do. What is it that you hear? then looks out into the night, his ears keen to try and hear what Myrddin is talking about.

  9. - Top - End - #69
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    DM
    Spoiler
    Show
    My bat also makes a listen check for the thing Myrddin is talking about. It has a +8 on listen.

  10. - Top - End - #70
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2007

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    Adolamin
    "The lightbringers showed up a few days before the infection began, but the way they fight the buggers I doubt they have anything to do with it."

    Revan
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spot and listen checks


    Myrrdin
    Spoiler
    Show
    When in the fog, you notice less desire to resist mentally.
    Also, hide and move silently checks for your blink dog, and let me know about anything that may affect how likely he is noticed that is not inherently taken into account of

  11. - Top - End - #71
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    Ooc: How You Do Za Dice Thing?

    Spot
    [roll]1d20+3[/roll]

    Spot
    [roll]1d20+3[/roll]
    Last edited by petagee; 2012-10-12 at 03:57 PM.

  12. - Top - End - #72
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2007

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    replace all ( with [ and ) with ]
    (roll)xdybz+c(/roll)
    x = number of dice
    y = number of sides on die
    z = used if you want to only calculate the best z rolls out of x
    c = constant to add to the roll

  13. - Top - End - #73
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    "Hmm... Good to know." Adolamin finally turns around and starts walking towards Ismark.

    "Greetings, Ismark, Son of the Burgomeister." Adolamin nods in respect. "I am called Adolamin the Taleweaver. My companions and I have received a letter of interest which has been signed by your father - I wonder if he happened to tell you anything about this letter?"

    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomancy Check? (1d20+17)[21]
    Last edited by Daphoa; 2012-10-12 at 03:29 PM.

  14. - Top - End - #74
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    Spot
    (1d20+3)[14]

    Spot
    (1d20+3)[12]

  15. - Top - End - #75
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2007

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    Adolamin

    Frowning, Ismark reaches out his hand, "May I see the letter?"

    Assuming you hand him the letter, you may read this, and you can allow anyone to see this if you'd like.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Signalling you too lean in close, "My father did not send this letter. This is not his penmanship and he has been dead since the day the zombies rose. The villagers dont know yet, and I am afraid to tell them for fear of how they will react. Who gave you this letter?"

  16. - Top - End - #76
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    I hear voices out in the fog. It sounds like their whispering to each other. I can't quite hear what they are trying to say

    @DM
    Spoiler
    Show

    So, Blink Dogs have Dimension Door, Blink, Darkvision (60ft), low light vision and scent. Rabbit has the intelligence to use these abilities effectively. So instead of moving through one place to another, he will just use Dimension Door, to get from place to place. This will reduce the amount of sneaking he will have to do. He can also use Blink to phase through objects without harm if it is less then five feet of material. So instead of darting around fences, thin walls, he can just walk through them. His vision will be impaired by the fog, but Darkvision and Lowlight vision will mean that he can still keep a distance from whatever he is chasing, assuming it does not have access to these things. Assuming that he is pursuing Revan, scent will allow him to drop the trail if their is a particular stretch where Rabbit would be easily spotted. He could then maneuver around to pick up the trail later by following Revan's scent.

    Hide (1d20+7)[16]
    Move Silently (1d20+4)[6]

  17. - Top - End - #77
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    OCC: I do hand him the letter - everyone may read the above spoiler tag

    Spoiler
    Show
    Sense Motive Check to see if Ismark is lying
    (1d20+10)[11]


    Frowning Adolamin speaks "I was given to me and my companions at a tavern outside Barovia. A man walked in mysteriously and handed the letter to us and attempted to walk out. I wish I could say the news of your father shocked me, but I felt as though the bearer of the letter was not being entirely truthful, and in light of recent events I unfortunately find such news to be lacking in surprise. Tell me, what have you told the villagers about your father?"
    Last edited by Daphoa; 2012-10-13 at 01:49 PM.

  18. - Top - End - #78
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    I cast detect magic and look around for any auras in the fog. I move towards the fog and motion for Myrddin to follow. I call my armour to me, draw my shield and scythe.

    Where is the noise coming from? Can you hear who or what it is?

  19. - Top - End - #79
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2007

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    Would it be acceptable to everyone if I posted what was learned from the in person session here (specifically for Dan?)

  20. - Top - End - #80
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    OOC: lets get the ball rolling.

    Myrddin destroys the body of the undead creature that was creating the plague by reducing it to ashes. He then walks over to Danovich (who was stabilized via cure minor wounds at the end of the session) and searches him. Myrddin will confiscate any holy symbols, scrolls, components and anything else that can be used to cast spells or power cleric abilities. Myrddin scratches into the ground secure... him... . Myrddin will then search the area with alchemical equipment and take 20. He will then go upstairs, and take 20 to search the pews and furniture.

  21. - Top - End - #81
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    @DM
    Spoiler
    Show
    When search Danovich, I look for any specific necromantic symbols or indicators that I might recognize, including any tomb tainting (becoming undead like me) that he has undergone


    OOC: I really want to know how beefy Jaws was? How many hit die did he have, DR, special abilities etc. if that is okay and won't affect other stuff.

    I say to Ashlyn Sister Ashlyn, clearly something profound has come over the town. Could you please scout outside to ascertain what has occurred and return with all swiftness with news? I shall remain here to examine the home of this madman.

    To Ryan I suggest Perhaps a good strong rope around this man is in order? gesturing to the rope used to descend the into pit.

    I then search the body with Myrrdin, the alchemical station and the altar upstairs, taking 20s.

  22. - Top - End - #82
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    I also search the body of the cleric with Revan and the velociraptor (AKA Myrrdin). And the alchemy station, and the rest of the room.

    Looking at the rope ladder that was used to climb into the pit. Then back at Revan with a curious expression I say,"You want me to tie him up with a rope ladder?"

    DM
    Spoiler
    Show
    My bat is flying around the hole in the ground so that it can see whats going on both in the lower and upper rooms.

  23. - Top - End - #83
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    To Ryan: Unless you have any other rope I feel it's the closest thing we have unfortunately

  24. - Top - End - #84
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2007

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    The alchemical equipment seems to be specialized and worth much more than a traditional alchemical set.

    In the south east corner, you find the two dead Lightbringers equipment:
    1 suit of half-plate
    1 suit of +1 chainmail
    1 +2 Greatsword
    2 scrolls of cure light wounds
    1 scroll of lesser restoration

    Danovich is carrying:
    +1 full plate
    +1 heavy steel shield
    masterwork morning star
    a holy symbol depicting a cloaked figure wielding a scythe - knowledge religion to identify

    No information on Jaws for now, that can all come out at the end of the campaign

    "I must bury my companions. This is farewell for now." And she carries the dead bodies of her friends out of the church one at a time.

    Revan
    Spoiler
    Show
    Holy symbol: Nerull

  25. - Top - End - #85
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    Knowledge Religion: (1d20)[8]

    OOC:
    What was the alchemical set specialized in? Did Danovich have any notes or anything around.

    Myrddin scratches into the ground: Not... out.. of.. danger.. Ghouls.. Corpse Eaters.. Vargouille.. around.. We.. must.. hunt.. them.. now.. before.. they.. hurt.. others..

    Myrddin glances at the equipment of the former lightbringers Not... ours.. give.. to.. Ashlyn..

    @DM
    Spoiler
    Show
    On the subject of holy symbols, did I get a glimpse of what Revan was using as a holy symbol during the fight/spell casting?

    Spot: (1d20+11)[21]

  26. - Top - End - #86
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    Adolomin turns to Revan and says, slightly annoyed, "If you would like to use my rope ladder, I'd strongly prefer that you ask me instead of others.

    He perks up when noticing the dinosaur's writing, "Oh right, I didn't think of that. We should be wary, but I don't think we need to concern ourselves immediately."

    "Ashlyn, do you by chance know the meaning of this holy symbol?" as he gestures to the one found on Danovich.

  27. - Top - End - #87
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    My apologies Adolamin. It was ignorance not malevolence I can assure you. As for the Holy Symbol, it is clearly of Nerull, God of Death and the Undead. I have little difficultly believing Danovich was a follower.

    OOC: Dibs on the Shield for sure! Also the morning star would be nice if no one else wants it :)

    To Myrrdin: I Agree whole heartedly. Let us confer with Ashlyn and return their possessions to her. However, Danovich's possessions may prove useful, especially that alchemical set.

    To Everyone: I feel our attention is needed elsewhere. Let us finish searching this place and begone with all possible swiftness. As Myrrdin said, there are many other threats still in town and the townsfolk may require our assistance.

  28. - Top - End - #88
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2007

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    The alchemical set could be used for any alchemical purposes, however the few legible notes around the tables seem to indicate it was used for preserving bodies.

    Myrrdin
    Spoiler
    Show
    You would have been to busy during combat to notice what an ally was using as a holy symbol.

  29. - Top - End - #89
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    Myrddin roars as Nerull's name is mentioned. ROBBER.. DESECRATOR... (incomprehensible)..

    He calms down and continues


    These... people... have... a... church.. to...Desecrator?.. or.. was... priest.. hiding.. it.. Take.. what.. you.. wish.. Revan.. I.. want.. none.. of.. it..


    He sits for a moment in thought

    Take... Danovich.. into... Ismark's... custody... Thenwe.. hunt.. other.. monsters.. Thenwe... search.. Burgomaster's... home.. and home.. with.. screaming... people... Thenwe.. interrogate.. Danovich... Agreed?

    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    If we don't want to run combat for the encounters for the nonzombie monsters, I suggest we can summarize these fights as follows:

    ghouls: Peter turns/rebukes I full attack, dead.
    corpseeaters: trash monsters, dead.
    Vargoules, lol countersong, can't stun people, dead.

    We already got the xp from them anyway.. and its a way to tie up that plot thread
    Last edited by Rofltrollcopter; 2012-10-24 at 05:40 PM.

  30. - Top - End - #90
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    If there was a church here it was no doubt well hidden and secret to most of the town.

    I agree with your plan. We need to make haste to the home with the Burgomaster's daughter to ensure her safety and erradication of the remnants of this plague is a convenient side effect. However, I feel Ashlyn should be left with Danovich. He is dangerous and I trust her to keep him until we can interrogate him. Let us gather Danovich, his things and those of the lightbringers and get them back to the outpost quickly and then be off to find the daughter.


    OOC: I agree with the encounter strategy, we can meet quickly if we need to go to over some quick encounter stuff if Ian would like I suppose.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •