Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 227
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2007

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    dont worry about combats, if they happen I will let you know

    also, even if you talk amongst yourselves about what you are going to do, I will not assume you do it until you say you do it

  2. - Top - End - #92
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Rofltrollcopter's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    OOC: Since no one else has said anything:

    After somebody with opposable thumbs ties up and gags Danovich, Myrddin takes him out of the church with the party and goes to the town centre. Myrddin finds Ashlyn and Rabbit (the blink dog). He scratches into the ground Keep.. him.. hidden.. and.. safe.. until.. we.. can.. talk.. to.. him.. Rabbit... come... find.. me.. if.. something.. happens... Myrddin then goes to the Bürgermeister's house and knocks on the door by headbutting it.

    @DM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Was I given a rough time frame for when the Circle will be able to contact me?

    Also, would you mind checking the player's handbook for druid spellcasting? Specifically how a druid regains their spells. It looks like the entry under 'spells' is missing that information. Thanks
    Last edited by Rofltrollcopter; 2012-10-27 at 10:10 PM.

  3. - Top - End - #93
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    petagee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    I follow Myrrdin, carrying all that my 9 strength allows me to carry from the church back to the town. I leave behind my old shield in favor of the new one and grab that sexy new morning star ;)

    Once back in town, I approach Ashlyn My deepest condolences for you loss. We have returned your companions' possessions; we feel they should belong to you now. We go to the burgomaster's house now to retrieve his daughter. We will return shortly, then we will deal with Danovich... I trust I needn't warn you of the threat he poses to us all. Keep him secret, keep him safe...

    I go with Myrrdin to the house and provide a more orthodox means of knocking... with my fist.

  4. - Top - End - #94
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2007

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    Myrrdin
    Spoiler
    Show
    On your way back from the church, you get a feeling that you should look to your left. As you do, you see a black cloaked figure who beckons to the west.


    Ashlyn is not back at town. As you look for her, Ismark approaches you, "What has happened, the zombies have stopped moving! Is it over?"

  5. - Top - End - #95
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    petagee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    OOC: I guess we should ask what we see as we go back to the outpost.

    Then I approach Ismark Greetings. We haven't had the pleasure of introducing ourselves but now is not the time. I hand him the chemist set and possessions from the lightbringers. These belonged to the lightbringers and now to Ashlyn. Keep them safe. The chemist set is of interest to us. Keep it safe as well. We go to the burgomaster's house in search of his daughter who has barricaded herself inside. As for the undead, it is still unclear. For the time being, maintain the status quo. We do not want rash decision making while the situation is not understood in its entirety. Please excuse me for a moment. I must confer with my comrades before answering any further questions.

    I then turn to the rest of the party, walking out of earshot of Ismark and anyone else. If Ashlyn is not here, I for one to do trust Danovich in the hands of anyone in the outpost; not because of malevolence but simply incompetence. I feel we should wait for her to return or leave someone behind to ensure he does not die or escape.

  6. - Top - End - #96
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Rofltrollcopter's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    @DM
    Spoiler
    Show
    I nod towards the figure, but stay with the party heading back to the town square


    @Ryan
    Spoiler
    Show
    When Revan is distracted, Myrddin pull's Ryan aside and quickly scratch into the dirt. Now.. is.. good.. chance.. for.. me.. to.. find.. minions.. keep.. eye.. on.. Revan.. keep.. him.. off.. me.. and quickly scratches it out


    At the town square when Revan is done talking to Ismark, after hearing Ismark's remarks Myrddin scratches into the dirt impatiently. Don't.. have.. time.. to.. babysit.. people.. need.. to.. find.. those.. monsters.. NOW.. before.. people.. leave.. here.. Can't.. contain.. news.. for.. long.. You.. go.. to.. meisters.. I.. hunt.. monsters.. Agree?
    Last edited by Rofltrollcopter; 2012-10-29 at 10:14 PM.

  7. - Top - End - #97
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    petagee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    I respond to Myrrdin: Agreed. But I feel the best division of resources is to have Adolamin stay here and contain Danovich and the villagers as best he can. The rest of us go to the Burgomaster's house and retrieve the girl and return with her as fast as possible. Then you may go zombie hunting in full force with whomever you like, leaving the rest of us here to deal with villagers and Danovich until you are satisfied, then Danovich can be dealt with properly once we are all reunited.

    If anything goes wrong at the burgomaster's house, Ryan will assume gaseous form and retreat. If anything goes wrong here, Rabbit can come find us.

    Is everyone agreed?

  8. - Top - End - #98
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Rofltrollcopter's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    Myrddin snarls, clearly agitated by something

    Don't.. need.. me.. to.. find.. daughter.. she.. will.. be.. scared.. I'm.. not.. good.. at.. helping.. that.. in.. present.. shape.. Besides.. Ryan.. said.. no.. monsters.. in.. home.. yes? (Incomprehensible) You.. all... go.. then.. if.. you.. want.. I.. go.. now.. won't.. take.. bad.. risks..

    Myrddin turns and begins to hurry out of the square, about halfway out he slows downs to see if anyone is coming with him.
    Last edited by Rofltrollcopter; 2012-10-29 at 10:19 PM.

  9. - Top - End - #99
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    petagee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    Very well do as you must. Please meet back here when you are finished, although we may find you beforehand if you are needed. I for one go to the daughter's house with all haste. Ryan you may go with whomever you please but I entreat you go with me for you know more about the house and its layout and your services will speed up the process of her retrieval. Adolamin, will you consent to the plan?

  10. - Top - End - #100
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Rofltrollcopter's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    Myrddin lets out a loud whistle, and then a few seconds later Rabbit appears beside him. Myrddin gestures towards the Rooftops, and Rabbit blinks on top of a building. Rabbit starts teleporting from rooftop to rooftop, Myrddin keeping a fair distance behind him and letting him take the lead. Myrddin and Rabbit are both looking for signs of any more monsters

    Survival checks:
    Rabbit (1d20+5)[25]
    Myrddin (1d20+8)[19]

    Spot
    Rabbit (1d20+6)[23]
    Myrddin (1d20+12)[24]

    Myrddin will not engage a fight until he sees what is facing
    @DM
    Spoiler
    Show
    After about five minutes of searching the town, Myrddin will begin to move to where the cloaked figure gesrured. He constantly checks to make sure he is not followed, and in particular is keeping an eye out for Ryan's familiar. If he spots it, he will acknowedge its presence and cast speak with animals to converse with it. He asks Rabbit to shadow him and make sure no one is following.

  11. - Top - End - #101
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    OOC: Peter please pick a different colour for your words - it's annoying to read.

    As Revan addresses Adolamin, he turns from his pondering. "Hmm... I am perfectly fine keeping the townsfolk orderly for the near future. However I must question if we are somewhat too presumptuous of the safety given by the destruction of the disease." Pausing, he scans his surroundings briefly, then turns to again look at Revan. "I will stay here and calm the people. If you wish to head towards to Burgomaster's house I won't stop you, but I do suggest caution. Be wary, I fear the worst may not be yet over."

    With that, Adolamin turns to go speak to the people of the village.

    @All
    Spoiler
    Show
    Adolamin goes and begins speaking to the villagers, letting them know that he believes the worst is likely over, but it is not yet fully safe to wander around yet. His speech is brief, but afterwards he goes around to each of the villagers attempting to maintain calm and lack of fear.
    As well, he shall be keeping an eye out for Ishmark and Ashlyn.
    Last edited by Daphoa; 2012-10-30 at 03:57 PM.

  12. - Top - End - #102
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    petagee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    I agree with your assessment Adolamin and I appreciate your willingness to keep the townsfolk orderly. I understand the danger Ryan and I may face on our path to the Burgomaster's house but Myrrdin is set on the destruction of the undead and I am loath to leave the daughter alone any longer. So I will be off with Ryan's help I hope? Saying this as I turn to Ryan.

  13. - Top - End - #103
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2007

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    Myrrdin

    Most of the monsters that once plagued the town have dispersed. You spot the occasional ghoul or carrion crawler tearing into the bodies of the dead.
    Spoiler
    Show
    You don't notice anything following you as you progress towards the western edge of town. On the outskirts, you spot the cloaked figure entering a building.

  14. - Top - End - #104
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    WyvernBlade's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    Shaking his head as he refocuses Ryan says, "Sorry for my tardiness, I got a bit distracted by that cloud that looks like a butterfly, it was quite amazing. The wings, oooh you should have seen them. They looked almost lifelike. But back to the matter at hand. Yes, I will join you, Revan. Let us make haste for the mansion. Do you think we should just break down the boards and go in or would you want to spend the time to knock?

  15. - Top - End - #105
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    petagee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    To Ryan as we begin to depart for the Mansion How about a more subtle entry, if you are able to use your arcane might to make us both gaseous we may enter the building and scout a little with no danger I should think. Are you able to do this? If not, I think no one will answer the door for us, despite a polite knock so we will probably have to make our own way inside.

  16. - Top - End - #106
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Rofltrollcopter's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    OOC: Do you want me to run combat for the original encounters?

    When Myrddin spots a carrion crawler, he'll try to scare it off, simply by being a fleshraker. If he spots a solitary ghoul, he'll signal to Rabbit to teleport behind it to set up a flank, then user the Fleshraker's leaping pounce on it.

    @DM
    Spoiler
    Show
    When Myrddin makes his way to the building, he'll stand in the middle of the street, in plain sight of the building, and then scratch out the symbol of the circle of light into the street: a stylized sun surrounded by a circle, and then wait for the person inside to react.

  17. - Top - End - #107
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    WyvernBlade's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    "Yes I can. Hold still...." POOOF "... and there you have it. Your very own gaseous form." Ryan flies up to the roof and down the chimney. He searches the part of the house he has not yet searched.

  18. - Top - End - #108
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2007

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    Myrrdin
    The carrion crawlers run from you and the ghouls ignore you, too busy fighting for the "choice" pieces of meat off of the fallen zombies.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing happens
    Also, can you remind me on the exact information surrounding the society you are a part of? Most of what i am running the side stuff off of is memory


    Ryan

    You see a woman kneeling by a body as your search finally takes you to the front hall

  19. - Top - End - #109
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Rofltrollcopter's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    @DM
    Spoiler
    Show
    All of the lore I've thought of should be in your facebook inbox, in the conversation thread between me and you

  20. - Top - End - #110
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    petagee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    I cast detect magic before getting cast on and going down. I keep and eye out for any magically stuff. I follow Ryan down the chimney and such. When we find the woman I motion to Ryan to come out of earshot of the woman. I whisper to him I feel it would be best if only one of us approached her, and not in gaseous form, to prevent her from becoming flustered. Also, that way the other can stand watch in case something should happen and fly back to get help or intervene. I would recommend myself. I feel she would perhaps be more comfortable with one of the clergy and I am quite 'diplomatic'. Do you consent?
    Last edited by petagee; 2012-11-01 at 03:44 PM.

  21. - Top - End - #111
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    WyvernBlade's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    Yes this sounds like a good idea, I will just be floating about over there. Ryan waves a part of his gas in a direction.

  22. - Top - End - #112
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    petagee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    I move out of sight of the daughter, have Ryan remove the spell from me. I call my armor onto me and take out my shield while gently quaffing my hair into a smooth slick ;) I also cast eagle's splendor on myself. I then walk boldly into the room announcing my presence so as not to surprise her.

    OOC: I know we got her name at some point and my character would remember it so as not to look like an idiot (again) I will leave "name" where appropriate.

    Greeting Lady "Name". I am Revan Thornback, clergy of Pelor, here to recover you and your father and take you to safety. We have a fortified outpost in the centre of town where you may seek refuge if you would like. Ismark has found sanctuary there as well and I should hope to reunite you. We have scattered and defeated many undead so our short path to the outpost should be uninhibited. Pray good "Name" will you join me?

    Diplomacy check:
    (1d20+8)[14]

  23. - Top - End - #113
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2007

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    Startled, Ireena grabs a sword from the ground next to the body and spins to meet the intruder. "How did you get in here?"

  24. - Top - End - #114
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    petagee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    Please Ireena, there is no need of this. It was not any fault in the fortifications you created for they are quite sturdy. I entered through the chimney in a magical, vaporous form. I have no designs to hurt you or take you against your will. I hope to protect you and the body of your father from any further harm. I have skill and great understanding of the dead and undead and I can protect him from the disease if that is your concern. Please come with me. I would be more than happy to answer any other questions you have before we depart if need be. I say this as I slowly approach her and offer her my hand, smiling kindly.

  25. - Top - End - #115
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Rofltrollcopter's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    When we arrive back at the town square, I find Adolimin and have a conversation with the party, making sure that no NPCS are around:

    I strongly suggest that you all guard your tongues around Ireena. If something is invading her mind, it would be a very poor idea to reveal our plans to her. Right now I recommend we bring her to talk with Ismark, to make sure he does not lie to us. After which we interrogate Danovich. Are we in agreement.

    @Ryan
    Spoiler
    Show
    At some point, Myrddin pulls Ryan aside and talks to him

    I don't know what your intentions and plans are in Barovia, but I doubt you intend harm to the people here. If you need help with anything, do not hesitate to ask me.


    @DM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah you handled the Master of Shadows well. The general theme I would I like to go with is 'good people that make other good people'. Just keep in mind, to be consistent with my backstory at least some of them would be patient enough to rehabilitate me.

  26. - Top - End - #116
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    petagee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    Agreed. Her condition worries me greatly and I feel it would be best if we kept an unceasing watch over her. Especially if these dreams continue. I wouldn't mind catching a glimpse of whomever is responsible for this. We should deal with Ismark quickly before Danovich gets up to any trickery.

    I approach Ismark and whisper to him In light of recent events there is some sensitive information that we need to share with you. Is there somewhere more secluded where we may discuss these matters privately?
    Last edited by petagee; 2012-11-04 at 01:11 PM.

  27. - Top - End - #117
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Rofltrollcopter's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    Myddin nods in agreement and follows Revan to Ismark

  28. - Top - End - #118
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    WyvernBlade's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    @Myrrdin
    Spoiler
    Show
    I thank you for your offer and when the time comes I would greatly appreciate your assistance as I will most likely need all the help I can get. May I return the kindness and offer my support in any taks you would see done.


    "Yes let us go and speak with Ismark, I am quite interested in his reasons for not telling us about the desecration."

    @DM
    Spoiler
    Show
    I cast detect thoughts on Ismark.
    Last edited by WyvernBlade; 2012-11-04 at 07:36 PM.

  29. - Top - End - #119
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    Uncertain of the exact specifics, Adolamin frowns with concern. "You shall have to fill me in on some things I had missed. That being said, I see no problem in your suggestion, but I do maintain my warning of caution. Proceed, if that is still your intent, and I shall follow. I will, however, speak on my own behalf."

  30. - Top - End - #120
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2007

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    Ismark follows you, "What do you need?"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •