Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 227
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    Once we move to a more private location, out of earshot of the common people, I begin talking to Ismark. I feel you should know what has befallen us at the church and perhaps some explanation of what has been happening: Upon our arrival there, we encountered a cleric, Danovich the priest, and we were attacked by him and his undead servants. They were defeated and with the death of the most foul, the disease was banished. This creature most foul, with jaws of black steel and a body made of scattered human remains, was destroyed outright. We also found some alchemical supplies at a work bench.

    Were you close to Danovich at all? Had you any knowledge of what Danovich was scheming or of his undead creations? We still do not fully understand his designs.

  2. - Top - End - #122
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    and furthermore Myrddin adds I would be interested in hearing your account of your father's death and the events that transpired around it.

  3. - Top - End - #123
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2007

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    "I wasn't close to Danovich, however I believe that he was attempting to bring his son back from the grave. Other than that, I don't know what has happened. As for my father's death, he was poisoned. Strahd had made a few visits and my father finally confronted him, chasing him off with the Holy Symbol of Ravenkind. I assume that Strahd had something to do with my fathers death."

  4. - Top - End - #124
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    Strahd? Myrddin raises an eyebrow. I have heard that name mentioned around here, who and what praytell is this being? Furthermore, why was Strahd visiting your father? Did Strahd make any specific threats agianst him? Last, how did you know of Danovich's abomination, this 'blaspheme' and why did you not tell us yesterday?

  5. - Top - End - #125
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    Futhermore, I still don't understand what the disease had to do with Danovich and how the blaspheme was involved. Do you know anything of this?

  6. - Top - End - #126
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2007

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    "Strahd is the master of the castle. I don't know why Strahd was visiting my father, I was not privy to their meetings. As for Danovich, why should I have told you? Who are you to demand answers from me without even asking the question?"

  7. - Top - End - #127
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    When was the last time some out side of the castle saw Strahd? And what is his relationship with those around the castle?

  8. - Top - End - #128
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    I still do not understand what relation the disease had to all of this. Was of Danovich's devising to turn the whole town undead?

  9. - Top - End - #129
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    Myrddin glares at Ismark My friends were almost killed this morning. The knowledge of the monster behind this plague is the sort of information that should be volunteered, particularly to the people who are willing to risk their lives on your behalf. If you had shared that information with the Lightbringers, Ashlyn's companions may have survived, as well as all of the Barovians who were killed by the plague yesterday. Barovia is still in grave danger, unless you believe your father's death and the plague's occurance to be a coincidence. I have neither the time nor patience to play twenty questions with you, if you have any more information, about Strahd, Danovich, or your father's death, I implore you to share it now.

  10. - Top - End - #130
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2007

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    "Since you seem to think yourselves so important, the Lightbringers did in fact know of the Blaspheme, it is why they thought it so important to charge off to the church without more information. Secondly, I am the late Burgomaster's son, which means that until the town has an opportunity to vote, I am the Burgomaster. And you have no right to barge into MY town and demand information!" Ismark storms off, flipping an empty table out of his way as he exits the tavern.

    Ireena walks into the tavern as her brother exits, "What did you say to him?" she asks as she rights the table.

  11. - Top - End - #131
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    Sense Motive on Ismark, was he trying to hide anything: (1d20+3)[22]

    self entitled blueblood wannabe **** Myrddin mutters under his breath, he turns to address Irena. I called him out on out sharing the information on the Blaspheme with us.

    Myrddin then turns to address the party. We have a contradiction before us: Ashlyn claimed no knowledge of the Blaspheme, only that people believed the plague originated from there. If her companions knew about it, I highly doubt that they would have kept that knowledge from her. On the other hand Ismark claimed that he told the lightbringers about the beast. Either Ismark or Ashlyn have been less then honest to us. Regardless, I think interrogating Danovich now will shed more light on this situation

  12. - Top - End - #132
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    Sense Motive on Ismark, was he trying to hide anything: (1d20+3)[22]

    self entitled blueblood wannabe **** Myrddin mutters under his breath, he turns to address Irena. I called him out on out sharing the information on the Blaspheme with us.

    Myrddin then turns to address the party. We have a contradiction before us: Ashlyn claimed no knowledge of the Blaspheme, only that people believed the plague originated from there. If her companions knew about it, I highly doubt that they would have kept that knowledge from her. On the other hand Ismark claimed that he told the lightbringers about the beast. Either Ismark or Ashlyn have been less then honest to us. Regardless, I think interrogating Danovich now will shed more light on this situation

  13. - Top - End - #133
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    Sighing heavily, Adolamin runs after Ismark after giving a very pointed glare at Myrddin.

    "Wait!" he calls out after Ismark.

    "Listen Ismark, Myrddin is somewhat delusional, but he means well. I've gathered that he isn't someone who typically lives with people, so his way with people is rather foolish and is quite apparently easily angered."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Adolamin then gathers Ismark's reaction and if he appears to have calmed down sufficiently, he'll continue (otherwise pretend this doesn't happen). "That being said, he is simply concerned for our lives. Knowing more information about Danovich would've helped significantly this morning. Now what's done is done, and I didn't really expect you to have volunteered the information readily, but if you know anything that might be relevant now I implore you to share."
    Last edited by Daphoa; 2012-11-11 at 04:17 PM.

  14. - Top - End - #134
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    DM
    Spoiler
    Show
    did Did my detect thoughts spell work?


    Well he seems to be in a cheery mood.

  15. - Top - End - #135
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    I concur with Myrrdin. I am very surprised Ashlyn claimed to have no knowledge of the blaspheme or why her fellow lightbringers left her in the dark. Danovich should be the next item on our agenda; let us make haste. I want this resolved as quickly as possible.

    I lean over to Myrrdin and whisper I am worried about Ireena around Danovich. Something feels wrong. Should we leave her out of the interrogation?

    After Myrrdin's response, I grab Danovich. I motion to anyone in the party who wants to join me and take him to a room upstairs in the tavern, still tied up, and seat him in a chair. I call my armour to me and put on my shield, holy symbol and morningstar in hand. Once I and everyone else is ready, I cast cure moderate wounds on him, ready to react to him.

  16. - Top - End - #136
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    Myrddin rolls his eyes as the bard leaves the tavern. Theres something about nearly having my face bitten off by some undead monstrosity tends to ruin the rest of the day for me. Sufficed to say it made me an extremely popular houseguest in Minrathous
    Last edited by Rofltrollcopter; 2012-11-08 at 07:40 PM.

  17. - Top - End - #137
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2007

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    Myrrdin

    Ismark appeared to be telling the truth.

    Ryan

    Spoiler
    Show
    Your spell detected nothing that wasn't apparent from his demeanor other than sadness.


    Adolamin

    As you call out, Ismark turns, "While we are all very grateful for your aid in the the undead problem, who are you people to walk into our town and treat us all like you are better than us? What is it about us? That this is a small town on the outskirts of the nation?" Ismark still looks furious and after waiting a second for a response, if he recieves none, he storms off.

    Revan and those with him

    As you start to drag Danovich off, the townsfolk surround you. The barkeep steps forward, "What are you doing with him?"

  18. - Top - End - #138
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    Suddenly realizing how he and his allies had been treating the villagers, Adolamin sighs. "I understand. We've all been under stress recently, and some of my allies have a tendency towards treating this as a problem which needs to be solved instead of people. I can assure you that this was never my intent, though I must confess I have been somewhat victim to that line of thought. It helps me cope with such horrors as we have encountered."

    "Another thing you should know is that our group met not over a week ago. We travel together for the fear of stories of this area and as you mentioned, we have achieved some level of success in doing so. Don't mistake me, for I am not trying to belittle you or your town."

    Completing his thoughts, but not quite satisfied with what was said yet, Adolamin pauses briefly seeming to collect himself. "I guess I'm just trying to apologize for how we've treated you. I will recognize you as the leader of this town. In return, I ask you regard me as an ally. While I must confess I have personal reasons for visiting your town, but I will say with complete honesty I wish to help you with your problems here."
    Last edited by Daphoa; 2012-11-11 at 04:19 PM.

  19. - Top - End - #139
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    Peace friend. This man Danovich, a man you all trusted and relied upon as a clergyman and a protector from the dark forces, had his mind turn to madness at the loss of his son. In his morbid attempts to revive his son using the power of the undead, he created a monster that was the root of this disease. We destroyed the monster, eradicating the disease and scattering the undead. We took him alive so we could gather more information about what he did and what he intended to do. We have no intention to harm him in any way, as we have disarmed him of his divine power.

    Diplomacy:
    (1d20+6)[25]

  20. - Top - End - #140
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    Seeing himself get surrounded by the townsfolk, Myrddin whispers to Ireena Can you help us out here? Danovich may know a lot about is going on here

  21. - Top - End - #141
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    well this is getting awkward Myrddin said, glancing around at the townsfolk. Myrddin walks over to a nearby table, pulls out a knife, starts whittling some dice, and pulls out some heavy books from his pack. He invites the rest of the party to join him.

  22. - Top - End - #142
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2007

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    Adolamin

    It seems that what you have said has cooled Ismark off, however it has not wiped the scowl off of his face. "Just keep your... Whoever they are to you, in check. My father dealt with the horrors you speak of for his whole life and now it is my duty to do so," Ismark walks off.

    In the Tavern

    "Danovich is a man from our town and strangers will not interrogate him. He is ours to do with what we decide, and from what you said, you seem to have a very good idea about what he intended to do,"
    Arik says, a chorus of nods and mutters reinforce him from the surrounding group.
    Stepping forward, Ireena pleads to the group, "There may be more to this than what was simply observed. Give these people a chance to discover if there is something more behind Danovich's actions than simple madness. Perhaps they can help him!"
    The villagers swarm in, "You do not know what we suffered because of this man's insanity. You were safe in your mansion, you were not crowded into this hell hole. We end the problem now."

  23. - Top - End - #143
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    We may not know the full extent of what you have suffered but for the short time we have been here we have seen the horror this town has under gone and we would not see it suffer any more. So we seek know what Danovich knows to prevent this calamity from taking any more lives that could be spared by his knowledge. If you could but put aside your anger for mere minutes your children's future may be brighter. If you put aside your anger for mere minutes justice may be done to any and all who caused such pain to others. So I beg you to put aside your anger for mere mintunes so that we may know what Danovich knows then you may have him to do with as you please.

  24. - Top - End - #144
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    Myrddin gathers up the dice and the heavy books from the table and returns them to his pack. He stands up, and walks over to the villagers.

    Yes, Danovich must die for the evil he has wrought in this place. I am a stranger to this land, but I have a stake in this matter. Danovich killed my cousin Leeroy, one of your own, and in honor of his memory I will[ see this business through to its end. What we have right now is conjecture, only Danovich has the knowledge we need to figure out what has happened in this place. Danovich has turned to the Despoiler, Nerull. If this is part of some larger scheme of the God of Death, all of us are still in danger. I beg you, please let us have at him first.

    Myrddin looks Arik straight in the eyes

    You have my word that I will not cheat you of your revenge. If you wish, would you accompany us when we interrogate Danovich?

    Diplomacy (1d20+6)[20]

  25. - Top - End - #145
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2007

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    Arik stares right back at you. After a second, "You do it right here, right now."

  26. - Top - End - #146
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    Deciding that Ishmark would be best with some time on his own, Adolamin sighs and turns back towards the now increasingly rowdy tavern.

    After entering the tavern, Adolamin takes a second to gather the situation. Noticing what his companions were doing, he rushes over to them and, attempting to keep the fear and anger that were quickly building out of his voice, quietly speaks. "What are you doing to him?"

  27. - Top - End - #147
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2007

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    Adolamin cannot get passed the ring of townsfolk to the rest of the group and Danovich.

  28. - Top - End - #148
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    Adolamin casts Ghost Sounds creating a loud banging noise to get the attention of the relevant parties. He avoids making it too loud as to not cause concern of people around the village.
    Last edited by Daphoa; 2012-11-19 at 05:04 PM.

  29. - Top - End - #149
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    I lean over to Myrrdin and whisper This interrogation should not happen publicly. There is too much at stake and I do not trust the temper of these townsfolk who clearly are not level headed. And at the same time, these people seem hell bent on revenge. I struggle to see any feasible solution at this point that will not lead to violence...

    Upon hearing the banging noise, with everyone's attention away, I lean over and grab Danovich, ready to make a run for it if the opportunity presents itself.
    Last edited by petagee; 2012-11-20 at 11:01 AM.

  30. - Top - End - #150
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

    Myrddin glares at Riven when he moves over to Danovich. no. If these people want what they feared dragged out into the light, so be it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •