New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

Revan's face is grim. So be it.

We consent. This interrogation will take place here and now. I ask that Arik speak on behalf of the townsfolk here so that this may be carried out concisely. Then you may do with Danovich what you wish. I require a chair for Danovich. And please let me companion Adolamin join us.
    Motioning to those townsfolk near a table and those by the door

I raise my voice so everyone is the tavern can hear me. Despite this captivity, Danovich is still dangerous and should be treated as such. Be on your guard, everyone.

I tie Danovich to the chair. I then call my armour and take out my shield. When everyone seems prepared, I cast cure moderate wounds on Danovich.

(2d8+6)[14]

I then place my hand around his throat. When he comes to, I lean over and tell him I can kill you at a moment's notice. Do not test my patience you foul wretch. You will answer our questions, or you will suffer a fate worse than death, I can assure you of that...
    Last edited by petagee; 2012-11-20 at 09:14 PM.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Bugbear in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Adolamin gets everyone's attention with his spell.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Adolamin looks out onto the crowd, seeing hard times these unfortunate villagers have suffered. "What is are you doing?" he asks calmly but assertively.

Spoiler
    Show
    If the villagers have no reaction, Adolamin will say "If you have no answer, then let me at those involved. then start walking through the crowd, attempting to reach his companions. (It's not meta - he just left the inn to talk to Ishmark)

4. - Top - End - #154

BarbarianGuy

The villagers part for Adolamin, following him with there eyes.
    "Witch"
    "Sorceror"
    Mutters of awe and anger can be heard throughout the townsfolk.
    Arik shoots a quick glare at the man who muttered witch, "Apologies for their reactions, many fear what they do not understand. Are you here to join the interrogation?"
    Last edited by The Big Orc; 2012-11-23 at 10:19 AM.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Displeased at their reactions to his attention grabber, Adolamin walks through the villagers' path, showing only a small glint of pity at their reaction. Here was another group of scared and misinformed people who saw only the negative of magic. He would have to explain to them the wonders that magic could provide, given the correct user, at a later time.

Once reaching Arik, Adolamin frowns at the mention of interrogation "Their reactions are understood, and while not warranted, are not very surprising. On the other hand, what is this interrogation you speak of?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Where is Ashlyn in all this?

6. - Top - End - #156
    Dwarf in the Playground

The man before us, Danovich, is the one responsible for the plague and undead infestation in this town. With his demise came the retreat of the undead threat. Yet, there are still many questions to be answered. We suspect his son was the root of the matter, having died only a little while ago. Danovich, in the madness of grief, tried to revive his son, creating that atrocity we destroyed earlier. Now, we must extract further information to find how deep the seed of betrayal has rooted itself and what other threats face these people and our group.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

"And what do you intend to do to him? His madness still may be curable, however even the slightest antagonistic actions may cause him to descend even farther into his madness. Do you dare treat this man as a mere source of information, disposable if none is provided?"

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

Yup Myddin deadpans

Right now, the well being of the death priest is not our top priority. Danovich's fate is not mine, or yours, to determine Adolamin. He has committed a grave crime agianst this community, and he will be judged by it. His punishment is being postponed long enough for us to get what we need to protect this place if some darker scheme is afoot. That is the end of that

and now, Myrddin says in an annoyed tone. unless we have any further interruptions, may we begin with the proceedings?

9. - Top - End - #159
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Frowning Adolamin glares at Myrddin. "You and I clearly do not see eye to eye. It is becoming rather evident that I am quite outnumbered in opinion of the matter, so I shall avoid farther attempt to appeal to your dying, if not dead, humanity. I do beg of you one thing - that you allow me to speak to him first, with no attempt at causing him harm. I do believe that restraint is, however, reasonable and prudent."

Adolamin sighs, relenting internally. "And if my methods do not manage to pierce his madness, I shall withdraw, and you may attempt to rip his madness to farther shreds in a futile attempt at his knowledge"

@All
    Spoiler
    Show
    If everyone does agree to allow Adolamin to speak first, I'll suggest everyone (accurately) RP him and his questions to Danovich in the interest of speeding up the posts
    Last edited by Daphoa; 2012-11-25 at 12:13 AM.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Dwarf in the Playground

I consent to Adolamin's proposal.

OOC: If everyone else does as well, I will go through with what I posted before, excluding the threat at the end at the request of Adolamin.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Orc in the Playground

Yes this seems reasonable. If you can convince the towns folk, of course.

12. - Top - End - #162

BarbarianGuy

Not sure if Adolamin's first spoiler was supposed to be just to me, but it should be fine if everyone reads this as it is public knowledge
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ashlyn is not there, she hasnt been seen since she left to bury her companions
    Last edited by The Big Orc; 2012-11-25 at 11:09 PM.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

(Assuming no negative response from Myrrdin or an NPC)

Once Danovich awakens, Adolamin smiles at him - his face filled with a tense combination of fatigue and pity. "Greetings", he says, waiting for the expected torrent of words from the madman.

@DM
    Spoiler
    Show
    He's also reading an action to use calm emotions if an signs of chaos erupts from the villagers or if Danovich manages to escape his bounds somehow (20ft radius)

14. - Top - End - #164

BarbarianGuy

As Danovich awakens, his eyes land on you but it doesn't seem like he see's you at all. His eyes appear glazed over (figure of speech) and he does not respond to your words or presence.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

Ryan, can you use your magic to check to see if he is 'still here' says Myrddin

16. - Top - End - #166
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

This lack of response starkly contrasted the earlier expression of his madness. A brief look of unexpected surprise crosses his face, but he quickly grasps the situation.

"Danovich! Can you hear me?" Adolamin speaks again, generally gesturing (without making contact) around in an attempt to get his attention.

(Assuming no response)
    After short seconds of fruitless attempts at gaining his attention, Adolamin's hand gestures abruptly start to become more fluid and practiced, and he starts chanting strange words for a couple seconds. He then steps back, scanning his eyes over Danovich.

Spoiler
    Show
    DETECT MAGIC!!!!!! YAY!!!!
    Also, while it's up, Adolamin will be focusing his attention on Danovich, but makes a point to occasionally look around the room for more magic auras not on party members.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Orc in the Playground

Ryan nodding to Myrrdin starts moving his arms and chanting.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ryan casts detect thoughts on Danovich.

18. - Top - End - #168

BarbarianGuy

The villagers start whispering to each other as Adolamin and Ryan begin chanting.

Adolamin
    Spoiler
    Show
    Assuming Danovich's possessions were removed, and I think they were, you do not detect any magic on him.
    As you glance around the tavern, you notice the rare aura, nothing that stands out. (aka, im sure that 1 or 2 townsfolk are carrying a potion or something and I don't want to commit to what each person has or does not have)

Ryan
    Spoiler
    Show
    You detect thoughts of sorrow.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

@DM (and Ryan I guess)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spellcraft Check to identify Ryan's spell (1d20+8)[24]

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

Well? Myrddin said

21. - Top - End - #171
    Orc in the Playground

I detect thoughts of sorrow coming from Danovich, but there are thoughts.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Not entirely sure whether to be happy Danovich wasn't completely gone or sorrowed for his madness, Adolamin wafted for a few moments. Then, after sitting still for a time, he leans closer to Danovich and starts talking.

"I'm going to be completely honest with you - I have no idea to what extent you can understand me. But I'm going to talk to the part of you that can. I know that you have suffered serious loss recently, and I'm going to guess you regret things you did as a result. But you there's still hope. Help make it better - even if you think you have no chance - help those you hurt. You can redeem yourself still. Please trust me."

After completely his speech, Adolamin looks to Danovich with pleading eyes, hoping for some, even minor, response.

Spoiler
    Show
    Um, diplomacy check maybe?
    (1d20+18)[19]

Um... sense motive on reaction? (1d20+10)[12]

23. - Top - End - #173

BarbarianGuy

Danovich blinks, his eyes begin to roll around the room finally settling on Adolamin. "Where... Where is my son?" a whisper comes out of his mouth, a desperate look on his face.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Orc in the Playground

Your son is in the chapel, but do not worry he is not in danger and no more harm will come to him.
    Last edited by WyvernBlade; 2012-11-30 at 02:40 PM.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

As Adolamin hears the question out of Danovich's lips he froze. The difficult decision was laid out before him - dare he lie in hope that Danovich may give more information, or should he tell him the truth, risking his sanity for the hope of his eventual trust. As Adolamin slowly managed to convince himself to risk the truth, the delay in response was exploited by Ryan's quicker decision. Apparently they were going to lie to Danovich. In Adolamin's mind there was no longer any hope of maintaining Danovich's trust after he found the truth, unless he could distance himself from this lie.

Looking to Ryan, suppressing his anger for the sake of appearance, Adolamin backs off slightly from Danovich and gestures for Ryan to continue the conversation. At least he trusted Ryan not to resort to harm too quickly, and if that did occur, well, Adolamin was just a little ways off and could hope to smooth things over.

26. - Top - End - #176

BarbarianGuy

Bluff checks for Ryan Adolamin and everyone else who is in Danovich's line of sight

27. - Top - End - #177
    Dwarf in the Playground

Bluff
    (1d20+6)[11]

28. - Top - End - #178
    Orc in the Playground

Bluff check (1d20+7)[27]

29. - Top - End - #179
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl