Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Tricastle OOC

1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Tricastle OOC

Still here.

Auto-pass the SR check? ... cl 16 or supernatural ability...
    The first is obviously bad...

“No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.”
    ― Steven Brust

“Plan. Yes. Good idea. I should come up with a plan.”
    ― Steven Brust, Dzur

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

Here, and figures someone beats my check.
    I am on vacation until the 27th, and after that I start my new job. Expect posting to be sporadic until I get settled into the new routine.

"The only difference between homebrew and third-party content is a price tag." -Me, just now.

Estote clementes, et numquam desinete discere.

My Homebrew-[Nexus] Bailey

3. - Top - End - #33

It happens man. Pretty sure the dice will hate me here in a minute. So...who wants to charge the dragon?

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Azoth View Post
    It happens man. Pretty sure the dice will hate me here in a minute. So...who wants to charge the dragon?
    Me! ME! Choose me! ... oh shiny!... my precioussss ... ... what was I talking about?

“No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.”
    ― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

5. - Top - End - #35
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'm missing INoKnowNames' post. Waiting for that, before continuing.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by gunnar11 View Post
    I'm still here, and awaiting your replies. Just so you know: I post once everyone has posted, or if you think you've nothing good to add you have said so in the OOC.
    Good to know.

Mass resurgence is a lvl3 spell.
    For a Paladin, but I didn't know you had Paladin casting... let alone 11th level Paladin casting.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexin View Post
    Still here.

Auto-pass the SR check? ... cl 16 or supernatural ability...
    The first is obviously bad...
    It's not really too good in any case... Do you think you could take it on if it has such a thing as a supernatural ability?

Hm.... maybe it can be reasoned with. I'm certainly willing to try...

Edit: Actually, I'm dead serious in willing to try. If there's no one else tht needs assistance, then trying to convince the dragon to leave and stop hurting people and things is definitely my next choice of actions. Do I need to do anything special while approaching the tower?

Me! ME! Choose me! ... oh shiny!... my precioussss ... ... what was I talking about?
    Who wants to go see the Dragon first. Any way to detect what type of Dragon it is?

I'm missing INoKnowNames' post. Waiting for that, before continuing.
    Sorry to keep you waiting. Weekends tend to be busier for me, though I can sometimes post. But I usually always get you something mid week.
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-10-09 at 05:33 PM.

7. - Top - End - #37

Whoops sorry on the mass resurgence...was looking at the wrong spot. Oh well...I can change it quickly.

8. - Top - End - #38

Peepz!
    I'm still missing a post.....
    Where are you? There's a dragon waiting!

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

Are we waiting for Names again?

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

Whoops sorry on the mass resurgence...was looking at the wrong spot. Oh well...I can change it quickly.
    Heh. Though you were an 11th level Paladin for a bit. Certainly made me feel less guilty about my mild-diplomancy.

Peepz!
    I'm still missing a post.....
    Where are you? There's a dragon waiting!
    Are we waiting for Names again?
    .... I was under the assumption that I was at least with the others, if not closer to the tower than anyone else, given that I was the first person to start moving toward the tower, even after having stoped to help 3 people be not dead.

Althia heals the 3 non-commoners who actually survived the blast, and begins moving to the Tower.

*everyone else hadn't taken actual action at this moment*
    I was waiting on an answer to this question, though I should have made that much clearer, and for that, I appologise.

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post

Edit: Actually, I'm dead serious in willing to try. If there's no one else tht needs assistance, then trying to convince the dragon to leave and stop hurting people and things is definitely my next choice of actions. Do I need to do anything special while approaching the tower?
    Diplomancy vs Dragons! ... hopefully Althia isn't about to end up becoming Princess Peach.

By the way, if Vixsor doesn't come back since Vixsor won't be coming back, think we should find 2 more party members to join us mid game? 4 players, 1 of which is strictly a huge target at worst and unable/willing to contribute to klling at best, seems kinda small. And I've always prefered bigger parties, at least so long as everyone keeps up.
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-10-16 at 04:45 PM.

11. - Top - End - #41

Diplomancy vs Dragons! ... hopefully Althia isn't about to end up becoming Princess Peach.
    Eh, don't worry too hard about becoming Peach... Dang it, why couldn't you have said Zelda? That would have set me up for a joke.
    I am on vacation until the 27th, and after that I start my new job. Expect posting to be sporadic until I get settled into the new routine.

"The only difference between homebrew and third-party content is a price tag." -Me, just now.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyu63 View Post
    Eh, don't worry too hard about becoming Peach... Dang it, why couldn't you have said Zelda? That would have set me up for a joke.
    If the castle was being attacked by a giant pig or evil wizard//rogue, then there'd be a chance she'd end up as Zelda.

What's the joke? Engald being Althia's Link?

13. - Top - End - #43

What's the joke? Engald being Althia's Link?
    Yeah. Remember, you're the one who said I was building Link.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah. Remember, you're the one who said I was building Link.
    True, but you don't have a horse, nor do you have the charisma to pull off tights or being mute!

15. - Top - End - #45

Ok, so should I just continue then?

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Ok, so should I just continue then?
    Yeah. I thought I was waiting on you, either to answer my question, or to continue the plot.

.... I was under the assumption that I was at least with the others, if not closer to the tower than anyone else, given that I was the first person to start moving toward the tower, even after having stoped to help 3 people be not dead.

I was waiting on an answer to this question, though I should have made that much clearer, and for that, I appologise.

Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-10-18 at 10:55 AM.

17. - Top - End - #47

Ok guys on my initiative pass I am going to sling out an Ice Slick under the dragon. This should cause it to make a DC 18 Ref save not to fall off of the castle wall and land on the ground prone.

From there if anyone was a way to immobilize/entangle it that should buy us a bit of time. I doubt this thing has perfect maneuverability so it can't just bolt straight up and continue.

Time to see how well we can gell into this. Gotta say, its been a while since I took on a dragon.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

Going for entangling exhalation, I will try Acid cause it is probably immune to fire.

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

19. - Top - End - #49

Awesome. Now we just need someone to go into the castle and clear out survivors. Unless someone really wants to get in the dragon's face.

20. - Top - End - #50

Nice initiative xD

Dragon: (1d20+7)[16]

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

Nice initiative xD
    I didn't even check before you posted it.

... and yes, just perfect...

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

D'aww... I miss stuff while I'm asleep...

Ok guys on my initiative pass I am going to sling out an Ice Slick under the dragon. This should cause it to make a DC 18 Ref save not to fall off of the castle wall and land on the ground prone.

From there if anyone was a way to immobilize/entangle it that should buy us a bit of time. I doubt this thing has perfect maneuverability so it can't just bolt straight up and continue.
    Going for entangling exhalation, I will try Acid cause it is probably immune to fire.
    Pretty good plan!

Time to see how well we can gell into this. Gotta say, its been a while since I took on a dragon.
    ... is that out of character, or in character? Because that sounds perfect in character. You should totally use that in your backstory.

Awesome. Now we just need someone to go into the castle and clear out survivors. Unless someone really wants to get in the dragon's face.
    Since it seems to be either possessed or what not, given that a human speaking it's languge didn't even remotely divert it's attention away for a second, I don't think there's too much more I can do.

Then again, I didn't even get a chance to roll diplomacy against it to see how it might react toward me. I wonder what I would have gotten.

Hypothetical Diplomacy Roll against the Dragon: (1d20+31)[39]

Hm... at the very least, if I had tried it this way, assuming nothing else was over-riding it's mind, it shouldn't want to kill me... I wonder if the calming aura might work.

Nice initiative xD

Dragon: (1d20+31)[39]
    I didn't even check before you posted it.

... and yes, just perfect...
    Do those not attacking the dragon need to roll initiative? (1d20+1)[20]

Also, how much time has passed since we first got it with fire? At least 24 seconds, right?

I wish Globes of Invunerability dealt with Supernatural Abilities, too... or at least Fire. I wonder if I could use it to get through the flames and debri. Could I? Fire Resistance 10. -DERP-
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-10-18 at 10:24 AM.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

Rerolling the Search Check in here: (1d20+6)[16]

24. - Top - End - #54

Looks like the dice gods want me to see things today, rolled 18 on Spot, and 18+4 on Search. My initiative didn't go though...

Initiative:(1d20+7)[23]

EDIT: Not bad.
    Last edited by qwertyu63; 2012-10-18 at 05:23 PM.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

Looks like the dice gods want me to see things today, rolled 18 on Spot, and 18+4 on Search. My initiative didn't go though...

Initiative:[roll0]

EDIT: Not bad.
    Hopefully they'll have you see a way through the fire and flames without becoming a Crispy Link.
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-10-18 at 06:14 PM.

26. - Top - End - #56

Hopefully they'll have you see a way through the fire and flames without becoming a Crispy Link.
    Stop being so blasted melodramatic. It's nonmagical fire, it inflicts a mere 1d6 points of damage.

Now that I am done shoehorning OotS quotes, you are right. This could be an issue.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

He's only got d4 hit dice, I'm surprised he can afford to be so calm.

Now that I am done shoehorning OotS quotes, you are right. This could be an issue.
    Not if you had the Goron Mountain Dwarf Tunic!

Seriously though, DC 15 Reflex Save to avoid catching on fire, and since the place was just attacked, it shouldn't be to the point where Extreme Heat comes into play just yet. Provided you don't roll Natural 1s, you and I are basically fireproof, given your Reflex bonus of 13. Which you still need to fix on your sheet; we did go over this earlier.

Still, I'd be careful if I were you. At 63% of your normal hit points, you'll want to avoid doing anything else that might cause you to die, and walking into fire is suicidal for those of us who don't fast heal / are flame resistant.

I suppose, other than confirmation on tactics (and maybe indulging in my rampant curiosity) that we're ready for the Dm to advance?
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-10-18 at 10:34 PM.

28. - Top - End - #58

Still, I'd be careful if I were you. At 63% of your normal hit points, you'll want to avoid doing anything else that might cause you to die, and walking into fire is suicidal for those of us who don't fast heal / are flame resistant.
    Eh, it's not much, but I do have all my uses of Opportunistic Piety left.

29. - Top - End - #59

Dragon's reflex save: (1d20+11)[14]

I'm also waiting for 3 more, but take your time

30. - Top - End - #60

Hahaha Dragon fall down go BOOM!