Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 94
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RogueGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Kingmaker (HPV) IC

    while I consider it a valid idea, do you believe you can locate enough poisonous materials? Also, it means poisoning the entire food supply, which is another months loss for these two. We don't know what we will find when we reach the bandit camp and can't be reliably sure that the distribution of food will make its way through the camp at any point in the near future. The other major concern I have is that one of us needs to follow them and lead the rest of us. This leaves discovery of being pursued, and lead into a trap a valid concern.

    Spoiler: Active Characters
    Show

    MtA: Span : Mastigos Mysterium, Translocation Specialist
    SWSE: Laikir Nootka : Duros Scoundrel, Skill Monkey Pilot

  2. - Top - End - #32
    Orc in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2011

    Default Re: Kingmaker (HPV) IC

    "If it comes to it, we can hide in one of the buildings, yeah. Mind you, I can take care of myself in a fight if I have to. I'll gladly lend a hand when the time comes.

    As far as an ambush is concerned, I like your idea of sticking to one of the roofs. You can get up onto the Guest Quarters and should have a decent position from there. On or two of us can hide behind the stab;es and wait until they're inside then we can block off their escape."


    Yaking a quick look at Aubrey, he also adds in, "Not that I can't see the merits of such a plan, I'm just not sure it's such a good one right now. The bandits always come in with horses. If we try to follow them back chances are they'll be moving too fast to keep pace and tracking them would be difficult. I'm not capable of it and I don't know about any of you, but I'd rather not risk it. Interogation can work just fine, so long as we leave him a light at the end of the tunnel."

    The Inner Me
    Spoiler
    Show
    I Am A: Neutral Good Human Druid/Ranger (1st/1st Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-12
    Dexterity-14
    Constitution-14
    Intelligence-16
    Wisdom-13
    Charisma-12


    Age of Worms


    Kingmaker
    Spoiler
    Show

  3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RogueGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Kingmaker (HPV) IC

    Ri'Anthal turns to the necromancer, You've mentioned your abilities with death, do they extend to life as well? We need someone capable of keeping at least one alive in case things get out of hand. If you're capable, then I suggest you being on the ground close enough to reach one if necessary.

    Spoiler: Active Characters
    Show

    MtA: Span : Mastigos Mysterium, Translocation Specialist
    SWSE: Laikir Nootka : Duros Scoundrel, Skill Monkey Pilot

  4. - Top - End - #34
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Jane_Smith's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Texas, America
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Kingmaker (HPV) IC

    Kyra plays with her chair a bit more and rocks in as she leans back. "I dislike the poison idea, mainly because we can't grantee they do not have a healer or medicine men of some sort, and, as stated, it would cost oleg food that they might not all eat at the same time. The reward is not worth the risk or cost... But, I don't have any other ideas." She sits back normally and sighs.

  5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Exthalion's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Kingmaker (HPV) IC

    Aubrey rolled his eyes. "If we want them incapacitated here, there is always sul*fur and bi*tu*men." He sensed blank stares.

    "We mix the two, close the gates behind them, and set the masses on fire. The resulting smoke will make them unconscious in seconds and kill them in a few minutes if we don't get them out of it.

    Both are very common, I have some of both in my spell component pouch and our host should have both in stock. We mix them and smear them over wood so that the burning area will be maximized. Bitumen is used for water proofing, especially roofs.

    Oh right. Bitumen is pitch and sulphur is brimstone. The smoke they produce when burned has been used in warfare before, especially by dwarves and kobolds.
    "
    Many, many thanks to azuyomi244 for the avatar.

  6. - Top - End - #36
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Keylac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Arizona
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Kingmaker (HPV) IC

    Donat had been quiet throughout the greeting so far, as was his wont. A deliberate and considering man, he preferred to think a great deal before speaking. He's thought enough for now however, and leans forward, first addressing Aubrey.

    "A clever plan, my friend. I must admit, it's nice to see people with knowledge of Alchemy; so many just skim the surface of what is truly a grand discipline.

    "However, there's one great flaw I don't think you've considered. Their horses. Goodman Oleg here mentioned they use them, and I would like to capture them." Here a crooked smile. "Truly, it would be easier to explore this land with them, and easier by far to use them to find the rest of the bandits he spoke of if less than twelve come to these doors."

    "With that in mind, I think we might go with a more traditional approach. Oleg can lure them in, then retreat to the house to guard Svetlana. I can hide by the gate, closing it after they enter, trapping them inside. The rest of you can wait on the rooftops, out of danger."

    Here, a melancholy sigh. "I'd prefer to give them a chance to surrender first, but that'd be too great a risk to Oleg and Svetlana. Still, we should be able to capture at least one. Hopefully more."

    Leaning back in his chair, he takes up his cup again. "Does that suit you all?"

    OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Here's a map of it by the way.
    Last edited by Keylac; 2012-10-01 at 02:19 AM. Reason: Added Map.
    The Kingdom of Arim Campaign - OOC IC Dice

    Spoiler
    Show
    God does not play dice with the universe; He plays an ineffable game of his own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players (i.e. everyone), to being involved in an obscure and complex version of poker in a pitch dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who smiles all the time.

    - "Good Omens"

    Avatar by Kymme.

  7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Exthalion's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Kingmaker (HPV) IC

    "Might it not be possible to turn the catapults inward? The non-combatants on the walls should be able to get off a coordinated volley. Though that might damage the horses.

    The problem as I see it is that horses are likely to die no matter what we do and, more to the point, working to keep them alive puts us all at greater risk as we will have to hesitate while they will not. If they discover our plan they may begin using their horses as cover which would put us in quite a bit of difficulty.
    "
    Many, many thanks to azuyomi244 for the avatar.

  8. - Top - End - #38
    Orc in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2011

    Default Re: Kingmaker (HPV) IC

    The catapults haven't worked in years. If you head up there to get a clear view of them you'll see that three of them are complete heaps of junk and the fourth one is barely being held together. I've never really needed them so their maintenance was always a low priority.

    The Inner Me
    Spoiler
    Show
    I Am A: Neutral Good Human Druid/Ranger (1st/1st Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-12
    Dexterity-14
    Constitution-14
    Intelligence-16
    Wisdom-13
    Charisma-12


    Age of Worms


    Kingmaker
    Spoiler
    Show

  9. - Top - End - #39
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Jane_Smith's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Texas, America
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Kingmaker (HPV) IC

    Kyra blinks and tilts her head. "Lemme get this straight, you live in one of the most bandit infested regions on this continent, filled with swamp monsters like giant crocodiles, owlbears, monsterous fey, trolls, or worse, and you never found a reason to keep a catapult properly maintained?" she asks bewildered, "Either you have the luck of a god or these so called "stolen" lands are more tame then a child's sandbox."

  10. - Top - End - #40
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RogueGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Kingmaker (HPV) IC

    Regarding the horses, while I would love to comandier them, I think Oleg and Lana are owed them for what has been stolen from them. The horses will fetch a respectable price and they could use the money more than us to reinforce the outpost and replace that which was stolen. With luck there will be plenty more horses available when we find the bandit camp. On a side note, was there not just concern about the ability for donkeys and mules being able to traverse the terrain? I only mention it because they are each more efficient and capable of navigating the various terrains compared to horses.

    Spoiler: Active Characters
    Show

    MtA: Span : Mastigos Mysterium, Translocation Specialist
    SWSE: Laikir Nootka : Duros Scoundrel, Skill Monkey Pilot

  11. - Top - End - #41
    Orc in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2011

    Default Re: Kingmaker (HPV) IC

    I'd say we were lucky then. The bandits never became a problem until a few months ago and we've been out here for two years. This used to be an old fort and the catapults were here when we got here. We just never found a reason to get them fixed until recently. Problem is I don't have the expertise and we definately don't have enough time to get them in working condition before tomorrow.

    As for the horses, you can keep them if you want. You can keep any of their equipment. Consider it part of the thanks for dealing with the bandits.
    Last edited by hpboy111; 2012-10-01 at 09:00 AM.

    The Inner Me
    Spoiler
    Show
    I Am A: Neutral Good Human Druid/Ranger (1st/1st Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-12
    Dexterity-14
    Constitution-14
    Intelligence-16
    Wisdom-13
    Charisma-12


    Age of Worms


    Kingmaker
    Spoiler
    Show

  12. - Top - End - #42
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RogueGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Kingmaker (HPV) IC

    Ri will concede on the horses and equipment, Well if he wants to give it away... I hope one has a longbow... If no one has alternate plans or can think of any concerns with the current plan, then I suggest we eat while the stew is still hot, I am sure Svetlana worked extremely hard on it. Afterwards, we can inspect the area and decide on exact placements and potentially moving of obstacles. I will plan on raining arrows down from above, by placing myself on that rooftop. Ri will point to the roof closest the entrance.

    If no one raises any other concerns or comments then Ri will prepare for the meal, finding a place to wash his hands and face before eating.

    Spoiler: Active Characters
    Show

    MtA: Span : Mastigos Mysterium, Translocation Specialist
    SWSE: Laikir Nootka : Duros Scoundrel, Skill Monkey Pilot

  13. - Top - End - #43
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Metroid33's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Here Next to you

    Default Re: Kingmaker (HPV) IC

    Well then I'll be down on the ground, behind the guest house and I'll be ready to fight. Also I agree food comes first. Aven then goes to find a place to wash his hands, and returns for the food.

  14. - Top - End - #44
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Jane_Smith's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Texas, America
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Kingmaker (HPV) IC

    Kyra is already happily eating, luckily for her, as she can clean herself without the use of water. She has the table manners of a animal, and is already on seconds within moments. When she finish's she gets up and excuses herself and thanks Svetlana for the food she so quickly devoured and decides to go outside and saying she will return later, obviously avoiding the tactical discussion for now.

    She takes her time and finds a safe way to get up on one of the broken catapults and straddles it to get a good view of the area and whispers to herself, What did I do to deserve getting sent out here to the middle of nowhere Ioseph? You know I can't refuse you, but am I not your loyal servant? Was I not good enough? Damn you, you could have at least given it to me straight, I would have trained harder, I would have actually studied one of those damned spell books. She sighs and leans back into the catapult to relax and try to cool down, biting her lip in frustration.

    OOC: She will likely be on the ground about 80 or so feet from the gate to barrage the bandit's with bolts of energy, behind cover. From what angle, I have not decided yet, but likely near other members of the group for quick backup.
    Last edited by Jane_Smith; 2012-10-02 at 05:48 PM.

  15. - Top - End - #45
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Keylac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Arizona
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Kingmaker (HPV) IC

    During the dinner, Donat absently engaged in small talk, still mulling things over. The plan seemed like it would work in the morning, though he was more worried then he'd care to admit that someone might get hurt. He'd tried to place himself as the obvious target, but he wasn't sure if that would be enough.

    At least Desna had already shared a little luck with them. In one swoop, they were going to start making a dent in the bandit population and help those in need - and earn the goodwill of people they would depend on for supplies. With just a little more of Desna's goodwill, they could also secure horses for the journey. Donat deeply regretted not having already secured steeds. He might not have owned one himself, but if he'd but thought of it, the Swordlords would probably have provided some. Despite his melancholy belief that they would end up killing many of the bandits, he had to admit that recovering things from the bandits to use in helping this land appealed to his sense of justice.

    Remembering something he had almost forgotten while considering a plan of attack, he turned to Svetlana. "Pardon me Svetlana, but could you describe your wedding ring to us, the one the bandits stole? I confess, I'd forgotten about it while planning, but if we run across it, it would be my pleasure to return it to you.

    "Such things," he said quietly, "should not be lost to the greed of others."
    The Kingdom of Arim Campaign - OOC IC Dice

    Spoiler
    Show
    God does not play dice with the universe; He plays an ineffable game of his own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players (i.e. everyone), to being involved in an obscure and complex version of poker in a pitch dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who smiles all the time.

    - "Good Omens"

    Avatar by Kymme.

  16. - Top - End - #46
    Orc in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2011

    Default Re: Kingmaker (HPV) IC

    "Thank you very much for the offer. I don't think I likely that you'll find it but... thank you. It's a simple thing. Two silver bands wrapped around each other in the shape of a circle with a small garnet inlaid in between the two bands."

    The Inner Me
    Spoiler
    Show
    I Am A: Neutral Good Human Druid/Ranger (1st/1st Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-12
    Dexterity-14
    Constitution-14
    Intelligence-16
    Wisdom-13
    Charisma-12


    Age of Worms


    Kingmaker
    Spoiler
    Show

  17. - Top - End - #47
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RogueGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Kingmaker (HPV) IC

    Ri will also engage in small talk with Donat and the others during dinner. In the process he will try and learn as much as he can about the immediately surrounding area from the residents.

    Spoiler: Active Characters
    Show

    MtA: Span : Mastigos Mysterium, Translocation Specialist
    SWSE: Laikir Nootka : Duros Scoundrel, Skill Monkey Pilot

  18. - Top - End - #48
    Orc in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2011

    Default Re: Kingmaker (HPV) IC

    Dinner passes without excitement. The food is good and Oleg and Svetlana are good hosts.

    Small talk covers a variety of subjects, and from it you all learn that the Trading Post doesn't have many visitors. It makes a living off of the hunters and trappers who work in the northern most regions of the Stolen Lands. Other than that, there's an old hermit who lives to the southwest of the trading post who occasionally stops buy to sell potions and purchase the occasional necessity. Other than that, neither of them know much about the lands to the south of the Trading Post.

    Once the early dinner is over, Svetlana brings all of the dishes into the largest building and sets about washing them. Oleg shows you all to the guest's building, the one closest to the gate, where there are four beds laid out. He offers the fifth person the couch in the main building to sleep on. He then leaves you all to your own devises, promising to wake you an hour before sunrise the following morning.

    Spoiler
    Show
    If you guys have something you want to get done, by all means, you can do it now. If not just post to say your character settles down to bed and then we can start the next day.

    The Inner Me
    Spoiler
    Show
    I Am A: Neutral Good Human Druid/Ranger (1st/1st Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-12
    Dexterity-14
    Constitution-14
    Intelligence-16
    Wisdom-13
    Charisma-12


    Age of Worms


    Kingmaker
    Spoiler
    Show

  19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Exthalion's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Kingmaker (HPV) IC

    Aubrey made to take the couch. As an elf he didn't strictly speak so a bed wasn't entirely necessary.
    Many, many thanks to azuyomi244 for the avatar.

  20. - Top - End - #50
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RogueGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Kingmaker (HPV) IC

    Ri'Anthal will settle done on one of the beds for the night.

    Spoiler: Active Characters
    Show

    MtA: Span : Mastigos Mysterium, Translocation Specialist
    SWSE: Laikir Nootka : Duros Scoundrel, Skill Monkey Pilot

  21. - Top - End - #51
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Metroid33's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Here Next to you

    Default Re: Kingmaker (HPV) IC

    Aven moves outside and settles down in the stables to stay somewhat connected with nature, forming a bed out of hay.

  22. - Top - End - #52
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Jane_Smith's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Texas, America
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Kingmaker (HPV) IC

    Kyra returns about an hour later, thanks there hosts and goes to bed. She doesn't take off any of her bulky clothes or even her hood, and looks like a pile of rags when curled up in a blanket.

  23. - Top - End - #53
    Orc in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2011

    Default Re: Kingmaker (HPV) IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    Proceeding under the assumption that Donat has settled down to bed.


    The night passes uneventfully. As promised, Oleg wakes you all just as the sky is beginning to lighten. He tells you all that he is setting everything up just as it has been for the last two visits. The gate is open, Svetlana is in the main building, and the door to the stock is open. Oleg explains he will stand by the stock and let the bandits go about their business until you all decide to act. He treats you all to a light breakfast before urging you to take your positions.

    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm going to put together a battle grid that we can use. In the meantime, could you all post in the OOC where you plan on starting off. You have access to the map, just take a look and let me know where you all want to begin the fight from. After that's done, I will post the beginning of the battle.

    The Inner Me
    Spoiler
    Show
    I Am A: Neutral Good Human Druid/Ranger (1st/1st Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-12
    Dexterity-14
    Constitution-14
    Intelligence-16
    Wisdom-13
    Charisma-12


    Age of Worms


    Kingmaker
    Spoiler
    Show

  24. - Top - End - #54
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RogueGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Kingmaker (HPV) IC

    Ri takes his position on the roof of the building to the right of the gate.

    Spoiler: Active Characters
    Show

    MtA: Span : Mastigos Mysterium, Translocation Specialist
    SWSE: Laikir Nootka : Duros Scoundrel, Skill Monkey Pilot

  25. - Top - End - #55
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Keylac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Arizona
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Kingmaker (HPV) IC

    Donat waits on the wall to the left of the gate, crouched down as to remain unseen. He's ready, as soon as all the bandits are inside the fort, to leap down and close the gate behind them.
    The Kingdom of Arim Campaign - OOC IC Dice

    Spoiler
    Show
    God does not play dice with the universe; He plays an ineffable game of his own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players (i.e. everyone), to being involved in an obscure and complex version of poker in a pitch dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who smiles all the time.

    - "Good Omens"

    Avatar by Kymme.

  26. - Top - End - #56
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Metroid33's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Here Next to you

    Default Re: Kingmaker (HPV) IC

    Taking up position on the far side of the guest house, Aven prepares to charge in and attack once the bandits are inside the compound.

  27. - Top - End - #57
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Jane_Smith's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Texas, America
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Kingmaker (HPV) IC

    Kyra goes by the main house and stays by the east corner out of view of the main gate.

  28. - Top - End - #58
    Orc in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2011

    Default Re: Kingmaker (HPV) IC

    An hour and a half passes before your patience comes to anything. Hooves are heard riding up the road and into the fort. A quick peek shows four men riding in on horses laden with sacks. Three of them have longbows on their backs and shortswords at their waists. They are simply dressed and non-descript. The fourth is wearing a hood with a composite longbow on his back and sneer on his face.

    "Hallo there Oleg. Has it already been a month? Seems like such a longer time. I assume the stock is in the same place as usual? Good, now back off and let us get our payment."

    The bandits dismount and begin loading the horses with supplies from the small building. Oleg backs off slightly towards the main house and says, Of course. Wouldn't want to get in your way..." He then looks around edgily, waiting for you all to make your moves.

    The Inner Me
    Spoiler
    Show
    I Am A: Neutral Good Human Druid/Ranger (1st/1st Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-12
    Dexterity-14
    Constitution-14
    Intelligence-16
    Wisdom-13
    Charisma-12


    Age of Worms


    Kingmaker
    Spoiler
    Show

  29. - Top - End - #59
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RogueGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Kingmaker (HPV) IC

    From the rooftop Ri prepares himself to spring up and launch his attack A composite Longbow.... Dibs! As Oleg speaks and gives them their signal, Ri will quickly rise and fire his bow at the bandit with the composite longbow.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Attack: (1d20+4)[7]
    Damage:(1d6)[2]
    Initiative: (1d20+4)[17]

    Spoiler: Active Characters
    Show

    MtA: Span : Mastigos Mysterium, Translocation Specialist
    SWSE: Laikir Nootka : Duros Scoundrel, Skill Monkey Pilot

  30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Exthalion's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Kingmaker (HPV) IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative (1d20+8)[15]


    Working his way behind the guesthouse, Aubry slipping behind the open gate so that only a thin line allowed return fire. As he did so he reached for his belt and drew forth three pinchs of colored sand. As they sat in the palm of his hand he began the words of power.

    "Nebul! Prisma!"

    The sand seemed to vaporize so that a varicolored mist hung suspended above his palm.

    "Verwirrung!"

    He thrust his arm palm forward and an incandescence spilled from it his hand, catching the bandits in its coruscating patterns.

    Spoiler
    Show
    I want to hit as many of them as possible. If I judged the distances wrong, have me go around the guesthouse to catch as many as possible. I think I can get them all if I stand in the right place.
    Many, many thanks to azuyomi244 for the avatar.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •