New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: A challenge to the playground

Ice assasin everything from that book and some gods (all you r wealth goes to scrolls etc). Twice order the monsters to fight (and resurect you later)

kill yourself to get out of their reach

be ressurected when the battle is over.

but this is punpun lvl cheese

2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: A challange to the playground

Quote Originally Posted by DeusMortuusEst View Post
    And if you want to survive, tippy provides a neat trick:
    Wouldn't that not work since

An aleax does not exist until it is called into being by a deity
    You're not a deity at 20th level.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

It's too bad Chuck E. Cheese, the Ruby Knight Windicator got killed by errata. Pre-errata I think he could do it, and that's level 20 non-gestalt. He'd need a means of non-visual perception to get around the instant death aura, but that's almost trivial to tack on. He would need to go first, though.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

4. - Top - End - #34
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Redwolf google it.

LadyLexi immunity to non-epic magic and resistance to epic magic makes wish useless, they also have miracle at will iirc.

Bomaz and then they shoot there alignment changing breath at the ice assassins, now you have 14 of them to deal with.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Colossus in the Playground

Loyal Beyond Death only protects you from damage, and an 88th level Cleric isn't going to bother with that. Just persist the ol' Supernatural Delay Death and move on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

6. - Top - End - #36
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    The Redwolf google it.
    Thank you, that hadn't occurred to me.

Actually, that was the first thing I did, but the links all went to something entirely different, and I tried a few different forms of phrasing, you could suggest a way to phrase it that would give me the proper result, that would be nice instead of basically just dismissing me for asking a question.
    καὶ τὸ φῶς ἐν τῇ σκοτίᾳ φαίνει, καὶ ἡ σκοτία αὐτὸ οὐ κατέλαβεν. John 1:05

Thanks to Cuthalion for the awesome avatar!

78% of all DM's start their first campaign in a tavern. If you're among the 22% who didn't, copy and paste this into your signature and tell us where you DID begin.

Spoiler
    Show
    A camp of cyclops on a partially-dead magically-blighted plain.

ThiagoMartel:
    Anime is a media, not a genre. Banning something for being 'too anime' is like banning something for being 'too book'.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Dwarf in the Playground

Haha sorry was in a hurry..... Have you tried.... Immortals handbook PDF?
    Last edited by Harry; 2012-09-30 at 02:29 AM.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

Tippy actually has the whole "god slaying thing" clipped (See here), however since this is pre-epic (20 levels only) you can't access some of the cheesy things you need to do this... Honestly, the best thing I can think of is sicking the Stuffy Doll on him

But in all seriousness the major problem with this challenge is that you're asking everyone to kill a God (and I'm assuming you mean permanently, otherwise I would have seen every infinite action + damage combo in the game on the first page). Since this guy is effectively packing a Divine Rank 32, I sincerely doubt the playgrounds capabilities of victory in this conflict (however, it should be noted that I have been wrong in underestimating the powers of the Playground). I'd like to see how this whole thing resolves peacefully (with minimal collateral fire damage if at all possible).
    Last edited by Arcanist; 2012-09-30 at 03:01 AM.
    Larloch, The Shadow King (w/ Ioun Stones) avatar by Iron Penguin

9. - Top - End - #39
    Dwarf in the Playground

Err.....actually I am asking for everyone to kill seven gods......but honestly if anyone can do it the playground can.

10. - Top - End - #40

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by maximus25 View Post
    Wouldn't that not work since /../ you're not a deity at 20th level.
    Well, if I understand that trick correctly it works since you're not creating an aleax per se, but an ice assassin copy of one. I don't remember how Tippy explained it, but there's a thread for that somewhere.
    Dumbledore is dead but had a horcrux so might still be alive to it being fake and him dead but not stopping her from using the having a horcrux on you letting you live from a killing curse.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Epileptic monkeys. Boxing gloves. Typewriters. That is all.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

Well, if I understand that trick correctly it works since you're not creating an aleax per se, but an ice assassin copy of one. I don't remember how Tippy explained it, but there's a thread for that somewhere.
    Probably because ice assassin requires, as a material component, a piece of the creature you're copying — and failed to put a price tag on that piece, which means it's fair game for Eschew Materials or a simple spell component pouch.

So yes, by strict RAW, all spellcasters have a piece of anything they might ever want to copy in their pouch. Handy for scrying too, neh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Water_Bear View Post
    That's RAW for you; 100% Rules-Legal, 110% silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by hamishspence View Post
    "Common sense" and "RAW" are not exactly on speaking terms
    Projects: Homebrew, Gentlemen's Agreement, DMPCs, Forbidden Knowledge safety, and Top Ten Worst. Also, Quotes and RACSD are good.

Anyone knows blue is for sarcas'ing in · "Take 10 SAN damage from Dark Orchid" · Use of gray may indicate nitpicking · Green is sincerity

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

Here you go. This trick assumes that there is a omniverse theory in place meaning there are an infinite possibility of universes meaning that somewhere that is an Aleax of you

Quote Originally Posted by tuggyne View Post
    Probably because ice assassin requires, as a material component, a piece of the creature you're copying — and failed to put a price tag on that piece, which means it's fair game for Eschew Materials or a simple spell component pouch.

So yes, by strict RAW, all spellcasters have a piece of anything they might ever want to copy in their pouch. Handy for scrying too, neh?
    Derp... Eschew Materials allows the combo to work properly
    Last edited by Arcanist; 2012-09-30 at 03:34 AM.

13. - Top - End - #43

Flumph

Ah, that was it. Thanks to both of you
    Dumbledore is dead but had a horcrux so might still be alive to it being fake and him dead but not stopping her from using the having a horcrux on you letting you live from a killing curse.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Epileptic monkeys. Boxing gloves. Typewriters. That is all.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Redwolf View Post
    Where can one find somewhere to read some of the monsters in that book? This sounds like a lot of fun and I'd like to take a look at them.
    You can buy a copy of the pdf here
    or
    here

There are NO other ways to acquire said pdf.
    If build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.

If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

My Homebrew

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by molten_dragon View Post
    You can buy a copy of the pdf here
    or
    here

There are NO other ways to acquire said pdf.
    I actually have a link to a virtual online copy of the Immortals Handbook -Bestiary, however I'm not sure if it's against forum rules to post

{Scrubbed}
    Last edited by Roland St. Jude; 2012-10-01 at 06:34 PM.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Maybe this? Need to boost arcane CL to arbitrary levels, and I'm not sure how to do that. Or, at least to CL 365, and still not entirely sure this would work.

This assumes that the immunity to magic is SR: infinity, and that Dire Tortoise form will net a surprise round against it.

Spoiler
    Show
    If we assume its magic immunity is SR: infinity, and that we can use Dire Tortoise form to go first, perhaps this could work.

Boost CL to 365. With metamagic reducers to make Repeat Spell free (Arcane Thesis: GAF + Easy Metamagic + Practical Metamagic or Incantatrix capstone or other metamagic reducer), you might be able to kill it. I'm not sure how to boost CL arbitrarily high for arcane though.

The idea is, become a dire tortoise in your sanctum, open up a Gate spell (for the window style effect) 7,490 ft away from the enemy creature, use your surprise round against it to free action back into your normal form, then use the GAF-in-a-GAF trick to cast a Repeated GAF containing a Repeated GAF and a metamagic cost reduced enlarged Orb of Force. This should do enough damage to obliterate it (infinity). The repeat part of the GAF is so that it continually reactivates itself in an infinite loop. That way there are always infinity orbs of force flying out of your sanctum at its corpse while it tries to rejuvinate, and if it ever returns to life, it hopefully immediately dies again from the infinity orbs of force. You have to swift concentrate forever to maintain your Gate, though, so I recommend being a Warforged or Necropolitan (maybe with a level of Tainted Scholar for evil descriptor to spells to bypass its regeneration).

Should bypass the immunity to conjuration and epic spell reflection etc. by merit of the orb being an instantaneous conjuration, so it's a non-spell orb of force flying at it.

Even if this does work, it kind of only indefinitely pins it down instead of killing it, unless by merit of doing that your stature is now equal to its or whatever.

There's probably something overlooked that makes this not work, or one of those epic spells or something that foils this.

There's probably some flaw in the idea though (including the need to arbitrarily boost arcane CL). Or some ability it has that I overlooked. Not sure what some of those epic spells are, for example...

17. - Top - End - #47
    Troll in the Playground

Technically, even without counting the enormous amount of stuff he has, he's still an 88th level cleric. That means death by damage doesn't work.(As well as every other method, i guess
    Quote Originally Posted by actual quote from this forum
    So yeah. your wrong.
    Check out Camp Archimedes, a (slightly homebrew) mercenary camp full of interesting units. A great addition to any campaign (in my very biased opinion)

18. - Top - End - #48
    Firbolg in the Playground

They have miracle at will, it'll have ray deflection or friendly fire up at all times. They're super intelligent foes.

From what I can tell from metamagic freedom, they can miracle infinite attacks that effect the entire universe that does infinite damage (metamagic feats don't increase spell level excepts for heighten and a few others, just the slot it takes up), so they could wish for a Empowered (x∞), Energy Admixure (Sonic, Lightning, Acid, Fire, and Cold) (x∞), Consecrated, Trans-dimensional, Twinned (x∞), Repeating (x∞), Widened (x∞), Enlarged (x∞), Enhanced (x21 [max CL of the creature]), to effect the entire plane it is on and if you aren't immune to damage you're dead, you can be immune to damage and survive this, and there needs to be no way that you can use metamagic to overcome that immunity, it also can effect the entire plane and all planes co-existent with it, It would be immune because that isn't an epic spell. It can fire an infinite number of spells per round itself as well, it's pretty much who can win initiative, and i think it could considering it can break CL limits with miracle from some feat I don't remember the name of, meaning it can use moment of Moment of Prescience to get a initiative mod of something like +272, and can shapechange into a Dire Tortoise as well, though I suppose you could wish for some epic magic item with SU spell that gives a +999999999999999999999999 bonus to initiative, on the other hand, it can gate a solar to do the same.

This is an arms race, assuming they are playing intelligently, you can't really beat them, before action economy abuse, they have 28 turns while you have 1, with enough cheese I suppose you could draw with them, though you can't really beat them, even if you can beat there cosmic string.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Dwarf in the Playground

I just remembered they also have the ability to summon one cherub each.

So here's there stats.

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.co...7628432338.png

20. - Top - End - #50

Planetar

Does their immunity include immunity to SLAs and SUs?

Does it include creatures/objects summoned by SLAs?

=> Epic Binder, Sphere of Annihilation.

Epic Mailman with Knowledge Affiliation, use Knowledge Affiliation to take away magic immunity, proceed with high-cheese Hail of Stone.

21. - Top - End - #51

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanist View Post
    Here you go. This trick assumes that there is a omniverse theory in place meaning there are an infinite possibility of universes meaning that somewhere that is an Aleax of you
    Wether his method works depends on your stance about what is fluff and what is RAW, and how they interact in edge cases (his method relies on using an aleax of himself, and the fluff section of Aleaxes says the creature only exists when created by a god and that they are specifically created to kill the being they are a copy of.
    a) If it exists, it's coming for you
    b) The DM is needed to decide wether one or more of them actually exist)

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showp...&postcount=201

22. - Top - End - #52

How does the Seraphim know as much about me as I know about it? I'm just sayin' it has no abilities that obfuscate details about itself at all short of whatever it might use off the cleric list. Meanwhile I could be a formerly Vecna-Blooded character and be virtually impossible to divine information about.

Not that it's hard to work around. The easy answer is just send a Simulucrum or other spell clone of yourself and have it do all the fighting and info grabbing while you get tea.
    Last edited by Wings of Peace; 2012-09-30 at 03:51 PM.
    Doc Roc: We're going to eat ourselves.

23. - Top - End - #53

It has miracle at will to duplicate any spell on the clerical list and one of them could blast Vecna out of the universe if it had the mind, they have the scrolls of holy divine knowledge meaning it'll tell it everything about you if an angle ever encountered you, even assuming it doesn't I'd wonder how you'd know so much about it, seeing as they have slumbered since the beginning of time till recently and pretty much nothing is strong enough to stand against one of them in battle and be able to record the results. They also can make Simulacrum, of themselves, whenever they want, hundreds of times per round (four actions each, can use quickened x8 miracle to cast 9 miracles per head, there are seven of them, meaning in one round they can make 252 Simulacrums), and those Simulacrums could make Simulacrums of the main ones, meaning you'd have ever increasing numbers of unkillable foes (cosmic string makes them reform), you can make a few simulacrums per day in comparison, and they are immune to all non epic magic, and epic magic besides divination and evocation, and they has SR in the 200s.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

Kill seven overdieties that are being played intelligently, and know what you're going to try to do, you say?

Can't be done.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Bomaz and then they shoot there alignment changing breath at the ice assassins, now you have 14 of them to deal with.
    Ah but the ice assasins are still loyal and have orders to follow. Their alignment might change but this is largely irrelevant. They still seek to destroy the seraphim.
    Last edited by Bomaz; 2012-10-01 at 06:25 AM.

26. - Top - End - #56

Planetar

@rweird
    They can't make simulacrums of themselves, as Simulacrum is a non-epic spell which they are immune to. They might be able to create an epic spell with the same effect, but it would have to be a divination or an evocation.

Basically, they are immune to almost all beneficial magic, they won't be able to use a great amount of buffs.
    Last edited by Aharon; 2012-09-30 at 05:10 PM.

27. - Top - End - #57

Quote Originally Posted by Aharon View Post
    @rweird
    They can't make simulacrums of themselves, as Simulacrum is a non-epic spell which they are immune to. They might be able to create an epic spell with the same effect, but it would have to be a divination or an evocation.

Basically, they are immune to almost all beneficial magic, they won't be able to use a great amount of buffs.
    Simulacrum doesn't target the creature itself, it just requires a piece of the creature (though they use there miracle SLA so it doesn't). Still, I guess they won't have many buffs up, unless you count heightening spells to 10th+ level epic, in which case they'd just cast heightened miracle for an epic evocation that they wouldn't be immune to.

28. - Top - End - #58

Planetar

You're right, I was AFB and misremembered the text.
    I'm pretty sure spells above 9th level aren't epic, though.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aharon View Post
    I'm pretty sure spells above 9th level aren't epic, though.
    More precisely: there's a difference between 10th, 11th, and 12th-level spell slots (which are only available in Epic level ranges at the cost of feats, for the most part, and are chiefly used for metamagic), and epic spellcasting (which uses ranks in specific Knowledge skills to determine epic spells/day after gaining one feat, and does not interact with normal spells or metamagic directly at all).
    Last edited by TuggyNE; 2012-09-30 at 06:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Water_Bear View Post
    That's RAW for you; 100% Rules-Legal, 110% silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by hamishspence View Post
    "Common sense" and "RAW" are not exactly on speaking terms
    Projects: Homebrew, Gentlemen's Agreement, DMPCs, Forbidden Knowledge safety, and Top Ten Worst. Also, Quotes and RACSD are good.

Anyone knows blue is for sarcas'ing in · "Take 10 SAN damage from Dark Orchid" · Use of gray may indicate nitpicking · Green is sincerity

30. - Top - End - #60
    Dwarf in the Playground

So the seraphim win?.......how is that even possible?