New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: A challenge to the playground

Quote Originally Posted by molten_dragon View Post
    Considering that he then proceeded to post the Mortiverse, I'm not sure "pun-pun and the like" is off the table any more.
    He also opened up level 100(0?) gestalt with any cheese but manipulate form as I recall. That gives us epic magic which under the definition of any cheese automatically gives the win. Presumably things have changed.
    Last edited by olentu; 2012-10-02 at 06:32 PM.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by molten_dragon View Post
    Considering that he then proceeded to post the Mortiverse, I'm not sure "pun-pun and the like" is off the table any more.
    Pun-Pun is only for the DM to wield?
    Quote Originally Posted by Water_Bear View Post
    That's RAW for you; 100% Rules-Legal, 110% silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by hamishspence View Post
    "Common sense" and "RAW" are not exactly on speaking terms
    Projects: Homebrew, Gentlemen's Agreement, DMPCs, Forbidden Knowledge safety, and Top Ten Worst. Also, Quotes and RACSD are good.

Anyone knows blue is for sarcas'ing in · "Take 10 SAN damage from Dark Orchid" · Use of gray may indicate nitpicking · Green is sincerity

3. - Top - End - #153
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by tuggyne View Post
    Pun-Pun is only for the DM to wield?
    Nah, this thing ain't got half the style of Pun-Pun. It's more along the lines of a Dire Gouda.
    We'll build a fortress
    To keep them out
    And in a world gone silent
    I'll be your sound

4. - Top - End - #154
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bit Fiend View Post
    It's more along the lines of a Dire Gouda.
    Okay, I LOL'd.

But yeah, basically! Ah well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Water_Bear View Post
    That's RAW for you; 100% Rules-Legal, 110% silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by hamishspence View Post
    "Common sense" and "RAW" are not exactly on speaking terms
    Projects: Homebrew, Gentlemen's Agreement, DMPCs, Forbidden Knowledge safety, and Top Ten Worst. Also, Quotes and RACSD are good.

Anyone knows blue is for sarcas'ing in · "Take 10 SAN damage from Dark Orchid" · Use of gray may indicate nitpicking · Green is sincerity

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ettin in the Playground

Several things:

1. What's are the "Octodecaogdoad" and "Black-Hole-Spawned" ? I look in the IH and not found it.
    2. Abilities of Mortiverse seemed to change from post to post. Better to use the "primary source"
    3. Statement that Mortiverse created only on IH material is blatant lie. Templates "Apocalyptic" and "Legion" are from "Book of Templates 3.5".
    4. The "Legion" template is violation of fluff from IH. It says that in any single moment of time can exist only one "Amidah". And this stupid spawning ability makes ridiculously many of creatures and they ALL have this templates.

And the best way to deal with such huge pile of numbers (and INFINITies) is to use something which exist, but not defined. Mention of Lady of Pain was a good start. There are my suggestions:
    First-
    1. Learn the Last Word.
    2. Say it to the Mortiverse.
    3. You win!
    Second-
    1. Gain full levels in the Fiend of Possession.
    2. Find the place which store the body of Pandorym.
    3. Possess it.
    4. Kill the Mortiverse.
    5. Break the Cosmic String...

One of the possible more "game-mechanical" decisions - use the diplomansy Сonvince the Mortiverse to take a little friendly walk on the Plane of Positive Energy. Several turns - and it go supernova

6. - Top - End - #156
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ShurikVch View Post
    Several things:

1. What's are the "Octodecaogdoad" and "Black-Hole-Spawned" ? I look in the IH and not found it.
    2. Abilities of Mortiverse seemed to change from post to post. Better to use the "primary source"
    3. Statement that Mortiverse created only on IH material is blatant lie. Templates "Apocalyptic" and "Legion" are from "Book of Templates 3.5".
    4. The "Legion" template is violation of fluff from IH. It says that in any single moment of time can exist only one "Amidah". And this stupid spawning ability makes ridiculously many of creatures and they ALL have this templates.

And the best way to deal with such huge pile of numbers (and INFINITies) is to use something which exist, but not defined. Mention of Lady of Pain was a good start. There are my suggestions:
    First-
    1. Learn the Last Word.
    2. Say it to the Mortiverse.
    3. You win!
    Second-
    1. Gain full levels in the Fiend of Possession.
    2. Find the place which store the body of Pandorym.
    3. Possess it.
    4. Kill the Mortiverse.
    5. Break the Cosmic String...

One of the possible more "game-mechanical" decisions - use the diplomansy Сonvince the Mortiverse to take a little friendly walk on the Plane of Positive Energy. Several turns - and it go supernova
    *slowclap*
    You win this thread, sir.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

I'd hate to be THAT guy! But...

Immunities (Ex): ability damage, ability drain, anything requiring a Fortitude save unless it affects objects, critical hits, death effects, death from massive damage, disease, energy damage, energy drain, fatigue, magic from this universe, mind-affecting effects, natural effects, non-epic magic, paralysis, permanent destruction, petrification, physical injury by matter from this universe, poison, polymorphing, stunning, wounding.
    Because it is immune to Permanent Destruction the... THING will be back in a few hours (or seconds...)
    Larloch, The Shadow King (w/ Ioun Stones) avatar by Iron Penguin

8. - Top - End - #158
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

I don't even know what template gives Immunity to "magic from this universe" and "physical injury from this universe".

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    I don't even know what template gives Immunity to "magic from this universe" and "physical injury from this universe".
    Along those same lines, what template gives INFINITE for stats and HP?

Well, it's a theoretical optimization with divine ranks. What can you expect?

However, it's worth noting that there is a way to bring infinite HP to 0.

1. Assume that there are infinitely many D2 Crusaders, and Efreeti, and people who are neither.
    2. Gate in an Efreeti, wish for any other person and two rings of infinite Gates (as per the Wish, of the Wish and the Word). Hand him one of the rings before making the third wish.
    3. He performs step 2.
    4. You and each other non-D2 Crusader gate in Efreeti and wish for another person, a ring of infinite gates, and a D2 crusader. Hand the other guy the ring before making the third wish.
    4.5. The D2 Crusaders start attacking the target when they enter play.
    5. Each new guy performs step 2.
    6. Repeat 4 & 5.

You have 1, then 3, then 7, then 15, then 31 etc. D2 Crusaders dealing infinite damage every turn. That's Sum(2^n).
    Sum(2^n) grows very quickly. Write down infinity as Sum(1), then infinity - (the damage being dealt) = Sum(1) - Sum(1)*Sum(2^n) = Sum(1)*(1 - Sum (2^n))
    1-Sum(2^n) < 0, ergo the above is a positive times a negative, which is negative.
    In other words, the target's HP is less than 0.

Now the trick is getting the Crusaders in there to hit the Mortiverse, then preventing it from coming back. I can't solve all these problems though, I only play core.
    Last edited by rockdeworld; 2012-10-15 at 01:47 PM.