New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 51 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] HALO 174: Just when you think you're not in Kansas anymore, turns out you

Taking a break from Pesty's latest project. You'd be amazed how much armor you can fit into a belt...
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

2. - Top - End - #752
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] HALO 174: Just when you think you're not in Kansas anymore, turns out you

"I have eschewed my identity to better pursue my Path," the bandaged man says. "But some have taken to calling me Nai."

3. - Top - End - #753
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    Taking a break from Pesty's latest project. You'd be amazed how much armor you can fit into a belt...
    Chris nods his head. "Ah, gotcha. Is it, like, collapsible, or some kind of transforming device or what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    "I have eschewed my identity to better pursue my Path," the bandaged man says. "But some have taken to calling me Nai."
    "Ah, I see."

"So when did you first arrive? Mr. Druid give you a job yet?"
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

4. - Top - End - #754
    Ogre in the Playground

... Sorta both. It only works for a short while, but we've reduced the cooldown time significantly.
    She shrugs. The status-announcer voice is still kind of clunky too, but that'll be easy to fix...
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

5. - Top - End - #755

"I am unaware of how long exactly I arrived here, time is an odd force. Tobias has given me leave to stay for the time being."

6. - Top - End - #756
    Orc in the Playground

... Sorta both. It only works for a short while, but we've reduced the cooldown time significantly.
    She shrugs. The status-announcer voice is still kind of clunky too, but that'll be easy to fix...
    "Oh really?" He says with a bit of a smirk. "Who did you draft into being the voice actor?"

"I am unaware of how long exactly I arrived here, time is an odd force. Tobias has given me leave to stay for the time being."
    "Yeah, that's true, time can be a bit weird around here. You plan on doing anything in particular, or do you just plan to get some familiarity with the place and then move on?"
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

7. - Top - End - #757
    Ogre in the Playground

It's just a computer... it basically goes like this.
    She pulls out her phone and pulls up a sample MP3 of a computery voice going "SYS-TE-MU BE-RU-TO E-TA A-KU-TI-VA-TO", rather like this.
    We're actually basing it off software pioneered by someone originally from Japan, and Pesty hasn't been able to get the damn voice program to speak in anything but Engrish, so you'll never hear "System Belt Eta Activate" clearly.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

8. - Top - End - #758
    Orc in the Playground

It's just a computer... it basically goes like this.
    She pulls out her phone and pulls up a sample MP3 of a computery voice going "SYS-TE-MU BE-RU-TO E-TA A-KU-TI-VA-TO", rather like this.
    We're actually basing it off software pioneered by someone originally from Japan, and Pesty hasn't been able to get the damn voice program to speak in anything but Engrish, so you'll never hear "System Belt Eta Activate" clearly.
    Chris kind of chuckles a bit. "Can't you change out the voicebanks or something? I'm sure that if you actually change the files that the computer draws from it wouldn't speak in engrish anymore. Unless the computer is partially sentient that is."
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #759
    Ogre in the Playground

Unfortunately, the linguistics software is tied into the transformation routines and keeping the damn thing working at all while changing the language may not be an option...
    Unfortunately for the world, Pesty will probably start to enjoy the Engrish.

She giggles.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

10. - Top - End - #760

"I admit that I am not sure of where I am meant to be led," the bandaged man says. "I have yet to receive any command from my Patron."

11. - Top - End - #761
    Orc in the Playground

Unfortunately, the linguistics software is tied into the transformation routines and keeping the damn thing working at all while changing the language may not be an option...
    Unfortunately for the world, Pesty will probably start to enjoy the Engrish.

She giggles.
    "You're not saying she's gonna go around speaking only in highly stereotypical and exaggerated Engrish all the time, are you?" He says with a bit of desperation in his voice.

"I admit that I am not sure of where I am meant to be led," the bandaged man says. "I have yet to receive any command from my Patron."
    "I see. Who is your patron if you don't mind me asking?"
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #762
    Ogre in the Playground

No way Grant would let her pull that kind of shrieking insanity, hell no.
    But she'll go around with an Eta Driver that's loudly talking in EN-GU-RI-SHU every time she uses it, adn that's bad enough.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

13. - Top - End - #763

"I follow the commands of Carrion McCarrow, the Goddess of life. I would not be surprised if you are not familiar with her."

14. - Top - End - #764
    Orc in the Playground

No way Grant would let her pull that kind of shrieking insanity, hell no.
    But she'll go around with an Eta Driver that's loudly talking in EN-GU-RI-SHU every time she uses it, adn that's bad enough.
    "...yes. I have to agree. That is terrible. We'll have to hide somewhere far, far away when that happens." Chris has a look of dawning horror on his face.

"I follow the commands of Carrion McCarrow, the Goddess of life. I would not be surprised if you are not familiar with her."
    At that point, things start to dawn on Chris. His jaw visibly slackens a little bit in the surprise. "...Would you believe me if I said yes? Although...not quite in that form. In fact...I'm getting the impression you came from a mirror opposite universe from ours. Carrie is still a good guy over here, though, just to get that straight."
    Last edited by InyutheBeatIs; 2012-10-21 at 01:58 AM.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #765

"Yes, I suspected that as well, since I met and conversed with this Nexus's Civiron. She is much different than the one I know." Chris may notice one of the bandaged man's hands curl into a fist as he talks about Civiron. "May I ask how you know of Carrion?"

16. - Top - End - #766
    Ogre in the Playground

We can find a nice cozy bunker together.
    Or I'll install a headphone jack so the loopy catgirl can stumble around listening to terribly pronounced words without anyone else hearing.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

17. - Top - End - #767
    Orc in the Playground

"Yes, I suspected that as well, since I met and conversed with this Nexus's Civiron. She is much different than the one I know." Chris may notice one of the bandaged man's hands curl into a fist as he talks about Civiron. "May I ask how you know of Carrion?"
    "Oh, Civvy." He says with a bit of recognition in his voice. "Yeah, I guess she would be different..."

"How do I know her? Well, I happen to be her husband."

We can find a nice cozy bunker together.
    Or I'll install a headphone jack so the loopy catgirl can stumble around listening to terribly pronounced words without anyone else hearing.
    "...I recommend both. We have to be sure." He says with a straight face.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #768
    Ogre in the Playground

And it'd be pretty nice to have time to ourselves anyway. She giggles.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

19. - Top - End - #769
    Orc in the Playground

And it'd be pretty nice to have time to ourselves anyway. She giggles.
    "Oh yeah, that would happen wouldn't it. You're right, it would be nice." He says with a grin and a chuckle.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #770

"Husband to the Carrion of this universe, I presume. The two of you are then much different from your counterparts," the bandaged man says. "Is the Carrion you are wed to a goddess as well?"

21. - Top - End - #771
    Orc in the Playground

"Husband to the Carrion of this universe, I presume. The two of you are then much different from your counterparts," the bandaged man says. "Is the Carrion you are wed to a goddess as well?"
    "Yes, she is as a matter of fact. Her domain is that of Death, though, so there's that difference. She's more of a gatekeeper of souls, however, so don't worry about her too much."
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #772

"I suspected as much," the bandaged man says. "It is a bit less surprising than meeting the Civiron here."

23. - Top - End - #773

My characters are available.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

24. - Top - End - #774
    Ogre in the Playground

I believe Callie was being taken to see her mom!
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

25. - Top - End - #775

Right, Callie Pyrsol is led to the room where Angela is waiting and the two young women size each other up. Angela might have gone in for the hug right away, but the black foxgirl seems pretty hostile.

26. - Top - End - #776
    Ogre in the Playground

Caledonia watches them nervously, wondering if she's even supposed to be here still... this was her mom and her sister, but how much did it really concern her? Should she leave?
    She keeps quiet for now.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

27. - Top - End - #777
    Troll in the Playground

Andy, meanwhile, likely has to be restrained to keep from pushing Callie forwards into Angela's arms.

If she is, she'll fulminate* quietly. If not - push!

* I love that word.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

28. - Top - End - #778

Angela nervously clears her throat and smiles. I'm not the person who is your mother. And I don't think I should even try to be her. But if you want, I'd like to be, like, a sister for you. I don't know anything about you, but if you're going to live in the Nexus, maybe having family would help.

Callie considers that offer for a minute.

29. - Top - End - #779
    Ogre in the Playground

Caledonia probably has had to try to wrap her arms around Andy to stop her from being Andy... though I don't think the bard would be all that unhappy about that either.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

30. - Top - End - #780
    Orc in the Playground

"I suspected as much," the bandaged man says. "It is a bit less surprising than meeting the Civiron here."
    "Yeah. Pretty sure that applies to a lot of people that meet Civvy. I was certainly surprised at her being so casual for a deity. Then again I got used to it quickly enough. I mean, I married one after all."
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show