New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1505
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] HALO 174: Just when you think you're not in Kansas anymore, turns out you

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    Nai turns around and sees Carrie, and her divine aura. He almost stoops to one knee out of instinct, but manages to refrain. "Greetings. I don't believe you and I have met." Or at least not Nexus you.
    I'm Carrie... I heard from my husband that you know a different me who's... different?
    ---
    ((Oh buttcakes, Ally's in the building. HIDE YOUR FIANCEES! ))
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

2. - Top - End - #992
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] HALO 174: Just when you think you're not in Kansas anymore, turns out you

"Christopher Grimm, yes? And that's correct. In the Nexus I come from, Carrion McCarrow is my patron and commander." Nai nods once as he says this.

3. - Top - End - #993

The young woman's wrist is grabbed, but she keeps a straight face. I think you dropped this. She tries to jump into introductions before he can call her on the obvious lie. I'm Ally, a princess of Bul'shia, who're you? She tries to pass herself off as royalty, because why would a princess pick pockets?

We could go shooting or drinking.
    Sam crosses her arms and grins teasingly. I'm up for anything if you can think of something you'd rather do instead.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

4. - Top - End - #994
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    ((Hey BR! Long time no see!))

Isabel brightens up at BR's wave and runs over.
    "BR! Oh, it's been a while! How are you?"
    ((Sorry for the delay - got called off to run to the store))

"Doing good," BR replies with a smile at Isabel. "And you've been doing good too, I hope?"

It's possible that Angela might get couch-glomped by a flying tiny redhead. Unless FF's RP plate is full, in which case, she doesn't.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

5. - Top - End - #995
    Ogre in the Playground

McCarrow is my maiden name... so I'm single in your world then?
    She comes closer, interested.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

6. - Top - End - #996

"Your doctrine asks for abstinence from all vice. So she has not taken a mate." Nai somehow straightens his already stiff posture as Carrie approaches.

7. - Top - End - #997
    Ogre in the Playground

((No worries!))

Isabel smiles and reaches out as if to clasp his hand before realizing that they are currently full of loaded gun.
    "Oh! Well, to tell the truth, I kiiiind of got sloppy maintaining some of the machinery a while back and crushed both of my arms into scrap metal, but I managed to get some of the robots in the infirmary to screw on a new pair for me. I, ah, apologize for the expense of all these spare parts I always end up needing."
    She blushes and bows her head in apology.
    High School Harem Comedy, my original game system!

8. - Top - End - #998
    Troll in the Playground

Andy's expression, meanwhile, says that Bella can wonder all she wants, but if she wants to ask, it'll cost her.

And the Kitchen is reached, where the bardess makes a beeline for the freezer that Dani keeps stocked with massive tubs of ice cream. Somebody else can make the actual food. She, on the other hand, lives by the Garfield Mantra.

"Life is short - eat dessert first."

She does not, however, like lasagna.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

9. - Top - End - #999
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
    The young woman's wrist is grabbed, but she keeps a straight face. I think you dropped this. She tries to jump into introductions before he can call her on the obvious lie. I'm Ally, a princess of Bul'shia, who're you? She tries to pass herself off as royalty, because why would a princess pick pockets?

We could go shooting or drinking.
    Sam crosses her arms and grins teasingly. I'm up for anything if you can think of something you'd rather do instead.
    "How can I drop something that was in my pocket-" Ally then desperately tries to switch the subject before Chris can finish the sentence. After hearing her line about her being royalty, Chris briefly contemplates facepalming. "Bul'shia? Okay, besides the obvious roots of where that word came from, why would a princess be running around picking random young men's pockets?"

----

"Well, this is HALO. But perhaps that's a bit obvious." Chris contemplates it for a moment. "Shooting then drinking I say. Then perhaps during the drinking we can horribly mess up some poetry or spar or something. My guess is the drinking will lead to things happening that we may or may not regret after morning. It'll be fun."
    Last edited by InyutheBeatIs; 2012-11-13 at 10:19 PM.
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

10. - Top - End - #1000

... Well **** you too, man. She takes a step back, then offers her hand, apparently trying to start over. I'm Ally, a thief from Kyonopolis. And I really am Karyana's friend. Well I was, then I got together with her fiancee who ran away at her wedding. So I don't know if she won't attack me on sight, but I figure I'd try to, what's the word, reconcile?

Sounds good.The ex-SAS operator laughs and leads the way to the shooting range.

11. - Top - End - #1001
    Ogre in the Playground

"Your doctrine asks for abstinence from all vice. So she has not taken a mate." Nai somehow straightens his already stiff posture as Carrie approaches.
    Huh... I'd think there's an awful lot of virtue to be had in matrimony, so I suppose Miss McCarrow and I would disagree.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1002

"Matrimony is a different case. I believe that Carrion has not found someone who interests her as of yet."

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh? In that case I wish her luck...
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

14. - Top - End - #1004

"I will pass your wishes along. If I ever return home..." Nai looks away for a second.

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, I'm sorry... anything I can do?
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1006

"Doubtful. I have tried multiple methods to return, and none have succeeded. Your offer is appreciated, however." Nai returns to his stiff posture.

17. - Top - End - #1007
    Orc in the Playground

... Well **** you too, man. She takes a step back, then offers her hand, apparently trying to start over. I'm Ally, a thief from Kyonopolis. And I really am Karyana's friend. Well I was, then I got together with her fiancee who ran away at her wedding. So I don't know if she won't attack me on sight, but I figure I'd try to, what's the word, reconcile?

Sounds good.The ex-SAS operator laughs and leads the way to the shooting range.
    ((Sorry for delay, dinner.))

Chris sort of looks at the hand for a moment, before blinking a couple of times and looking back at Ally. "...Okay. Now, the hand thing, I'm not so sure of, but the rest seems to at least somewhat check out. I would...Well, I guess you're not any harm otherwise. Just try not to go around stealing things, okay? I might have been a godlike being considering the population here."

-----

Chris gets up and heads on over to the shooting range with her.
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

18. - Top - End - #1008
    Troll in the Playground

The shooting range might be occupied by the deadtimed BR and Isabel, if Sam wants to scribble insulting graffiti on the back of the ghost's pants.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #1009

I don't even know that you aren't a god anyways. Because you aren't introducing yourself. But I guess I shouldn't expect a guy who can't even shave his beard properly to have good manners. The thief rolls her hazel eyes.

Sam gets some boxes of ammo, then starts shooting with her Glock.

20. - Top - End - #1010
    Ogre in the Playground

"Doubtful. I have tried multiple methods to return, and none have succeeded. Your offer is appreciated, however." Nai returns to his stiff posture.
    Er... oh, I see... anything else I can do?
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1011
    Ogre in the Playground

Isabel smiles and waves to Sam and Chris as they enter the shooting range.
    "Oh! Good luck with your practice!"
    High School Harem Comedy, my original game system!

22. - Top - End - #1012

"Unless you are able to restore my life, I doubt that as well." Nai doesn't seem to notice that he just said that he's dead.

23. - Top - End - #1013
    Orc in the Playground

I don't even know that you aren't a god anyways. Because you aren't introducing yourself. But I guess I shouldn't expect a guy who can't even shave his beard properly to have good manners. The thief rolls her hazel eyes.

Sam gets some boxes of ammo, then starts shooting with her Glock.
    "Shave my bear- oh. Right." Chris scratches his sideburns a bit. "To be fair, they're not as bad as they used to be. Also sorry I haven't introduced myself. I was distracted by your hand being in my pocket and all that. Name's Chris, and as far as I know, I'm mortal. Married to a god though, so don't get any ideas."

-----

Chris pulls out a FAMAS and a couple of magazines and starts working with that. He's obviously not quite used to it, but he's not horrible with it by any stretch.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1014
    Troll in the Playground

BR now undeadtimes, nodding to Sam and Chris and moving out of the way.
    "So, how have things been for you?" he asks Isabel.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #1015

Ally takes "married to a god though, so don't get any ideas" in quite the wrong way. Oh, so that's why you got so freaked out about a girl's hand in your pants. What's he the god of?

Sam returns Isabel's wave, but I'm not sure if they've met before.

26. - Top - End - #1016
    Ogre in the Playground

Carrie stares, then frowns.
    ... No, I don't think I can...
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

27. - Top - End - #1017

"No, I thought not. Carrion's domain is life, so I assume yours is opposite." After all the Civiron he knew was the Bringer of Plague, while Civvy was apparently a goddess of hope.

28. - Top - End - #1018
    Orc in the Playground

Ally takes "married to a god though, so don't get any ideas" in quite the wrong way. Oh, so that's why you got so freaked out about a girl's hand in your pants. What's he the god of?

Sam returns Isabel's wave, but I'm not sure if they've met before.
    "Wait what no. Why did I say god goddess, excuse me. And she's the goddess of death. I was freaked out by a girl's hand in my pants because generally speaking girls don't actually just put their hands in the pockets of my pants."

-----

Chris nods over to BR, before waving back to Isabel. "Oh, hello there! Thanks!" Not sure if Chris had actually met Isabel before. If it won't come into play though, Chris will just go back to shooting a couple of rounds.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1019
    Ogre in the Playground

"No, I thought not. Carrion's domain is life, so I assume yours is opposite." After all the Civiron he knew was the Bringer of Plague, while Civvy was apparently a goddess of hope.
    Yep! Death Inaugurated, Nurse of the Stillborn, Singer of the Last Lullabye, they pile these titles too high for a girl like me.
    She smiles a little. I love my job and the people I get to help.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1020

Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    "generally speaking girls don't actually just put their hands in the pockets of my pants."
    And Chris accused her of lying!

Goddess of Death... Ally heard about Karyana's goddess, even saw her once. Oh, you were at the wedding, weren't you? I'm pretty sure I saw you there! Tobias brought Ally, hidden under a hooded robe, to Karyana's, Zwei's, and Ashley's wedding for a reason that has never been explained on screen. She tossed off the robe and ran after Ashley when the mage took off, so Chris might recognize her. I totally forgot that they were both at the wedding until just now.

Sam could shoot for hours straight, but she'll stop when Chris is done.