New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 51 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1505
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] HALO 174: Just when you think you're not in Kansas anymore, turns out you

"Well, there is one aspect in which you are much like Carrion." Nai nods again. I'm sure he'd be smiling if he could, and if his face wasn't covered in gauze.

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] HALO 174: Just when you think you're not in Kansas anymore, turns out you

((Chris isn't lying. Girls are often too busy putting their hands on other things of Chris's.
    Like his sideburns!]]
    ---
    She's a goddess of life and she's not happy? She's taken aback. ... How?
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

3. - Top - End - #1023

Nai tilts his head. "I think you misunderstand. You are like Carrion in that you are both happy with your duties.

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    BR now undeadtimes, nodding to Sam and Chris and moving out of the way.
    "So, how have things been for you?" he asks Isabel.
    Isabel sighs.
    "To be honest, I'm kind of on a streak of bad luck. I've just been getting broken a lot lately, and... well, I broke up with Seth, too. O-oh, but don't worry, I'll be fine! Really!"
    High School Harem Comedy, my original game system!

5. - Top - End - #1025
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    Nai tilts his head. "I think you misunderstand. You are like Carrion in that you are both happy with your duties.
    Oh, sorry, I misheard...
    I misread because my brain is not working!
    If she's happy, then that's great! She smiles warmly.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Troll in the Playground

[Shooting Range - BR and Isabel]

"...you did? What happened?"
    And Isabel will find a reassuring arm sliding around her shoulders, giving her a gentle squeeze.
    "If you need any help at all, with anything, just ask."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

7. - Top - End - #1027

"I find it difficult to imagine Carrion unhappy. Perhaps that is a product of my role as one of her paladins." Nai still carries his holy symbol with him, though it's hidden.

8. - Top - End - #1028
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
    And Chris accused her of lying!

Goddess of Death... Ally heard about Karyana's goddess, even saw her once. Oh, you were at the wedding, weren't you? I'm pretty sure I saw you there! Tobias brought Ally, hidden under a hooded robe, to Karyana's, Zwei's, and Ashley's wedding for a reason that has never been explained on screen. She tossed off the robe and ran after Ashley when the mage took off, so Chris might recognize her. I totally forgot that they were both at the wedding until just now.

Sam could shoot for hours straight, but she'll stop when Chris is done.
    ((Yes indeed. Beans' response is true. And notice how he picked his words very specifically. ))

"Oh yeah, I was at the wedding. I'm not sure if I remember you though..." Chris scratches his chin a bit. "Hmm, maybe I saw you there after all. You were with Mr. Druid right?"

-----

Chris goes through the few magazines, fires a few rounds from a Luger for fun, and then brings up the target. "What do you think?" He says with a fair amount of satisfaction. Not too sure of himself, but confident that his aiming was decent enough. There is a line up the target where the FAMAS got away from him once, but other than that they all hit the chest.
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

9. - Top - End - #1029
    Ogre in the Playground

"I find it difficult to imagine Carrion unhappy. Perhaps that is a product of my role as one of her paladins." Nai still carries his holy symbol with him, though it's hidden.
    What kind of stuff does she like to do when she's not on the job?
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

10. - Top - End - #1030
    Ogre in the Playground

"...you did? What happened?"
    And Isabel will find a reassuring arm sliding around her shoulders, giving her a gentle squeeze.
    "If you need any help at all, with anything, just ask."
    Isabel speaks a little more seriously and quietly.
    "He's too robotic for me the way I am now. He's so reliable and mechanical and I'm just getting clumsier and more forgetful... but at the same time, I feel like he's just bland to be around now that I'm developing more of a personality."
    She sighs again, sadly.
    "Anyways, he left a while back. What do you think I should do?"

11. - Top - End - #1031

You mean King Vulpan...? Ally doesn't recognize that name, but she supposes it fits.

Sam takes a look. Nicely done, Chris. Tight grouping.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

12. - Top - End - #1032
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
    You mean King Vulpan...? Ally doesn't recognize that name, but she supposes it fits.

Sam takes a look. Nicely done, Chris. Tight grouping.
    "Yeah, I suppose he also goes by that name. Probably his more official name, all things told."

-----

Chris smiles at her. "Thank you. I take it you did well too? I know, I know, it's a stupid question."
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

13. - Top - End - #1033

"I don't believe I have seen Carrion not attending to her duties, whether at HALO or with her followers. She does not socialize much."

14. - Top - End - #1034
    Troll in the Playground

BR frowns a bit at that.
    "Well, what' I'd suggest is...just being yourself, if that makes sense. Hang out with people you like, talk to them, do things with them. You know?"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

15. - Top - End - #1035
    Ogre in the Playground

"I don't believe I have seen Carrion not attending to her duties, whether at HALO or with her followers. She does not socialize much."
    Carrie frowns.
    I've been that way, but a girl can't just sit around and work herself to proverbial death... people need so much more than that to live and be happy.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1036
    Ogre in the Playground

BR frowns a bit at that.
    "Well, what' I'd suggest is...just being yourself, if that makes sense. Hang out with people you like, talk to them, do things with them. You know?"
    Isabel smiles a bit.
    "Yes, I suppose you're right about that."
    She starts to brighten up and then returns to her usual timid self.
    "But, um, in the meantime... well, I don't mean to impose, but I'm starting to think I might actually be cursed or something with the number of times I've broken myself recently! Again, I'm really, really sorry about the bill I'm running up!"
    She bows her head again for good measure.
    "S-so, if it's not too much trouble, could you, you know, look out for me here and there? I don't mean to be a burden, but..."

17. - Top - End - #1037

"I believe she would disagree with that." Nai definitely disagrees with that, but he won't bring that up.

18. - Top - End - #1038
    Troll in the Playground

"Hey, it's not imposing at all. I'd be honored to help keep an eye out on things for you."
    And Isabel will find herself receving another careful shoulder-squeeze.
    "It's what friends are for, you know?"
    ...she'll also find all those bills for repair magically vanishing before too long.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #1039
    Ogre in the Playground

"I believe she would disagree with that." Nai definitely disagrees with that, but he won't bring that up.
    I guess I'm not exactly like her... tell me a little about her appearance, maybe?
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1040
    Ogre in the Playground

"Hey, it's not imposing at all. I'd be honored to help keep an eye out on things for you."
    And Isabel will find herself receving another careful shoulder-squeeze.
    "It's what friends are for, you know?"
    ...she'll also find all those bills for repair magically vanishing before too long.
    "Thank you! I'm sorry for being such a airhead about this kind of thing. I guess it really seems more important to all you guys who don't come with replacement parts."
    He might feel Isabel starting to turn into a load of dead weight leaning against him and slowly start tipping over.
    "Oh dear, I can't believe I've run my battery down already! I'm sorry, but could you take me b-back to my ro-room a-a-and re-re-ch-chaaaar..."
    Her eyes go blank as she shuts down into deadtime and goes limp.

21. - Top - End - #1041

"Physically, she looks much like yourself, though without any wings. I have only seen her fully armed and armored, so I couldn't tell you much else."
    Last edited by Devixer; 2012-11-14 at 01:19 AM.

22. - Top - End - #1042
    Troll in the Playground

BR smiles, shaking his head a little, and picks up Isabel gently to carry her back to her room.

D'awww!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

23. - Top - End - #1043
    Ogre in the Playground

"Physically, she looks much like yourself, though without any wings. I have only seen her fully armed and admired, so I couldn't tell you much else."
    Armed? Jeez, I only sometimes carry around a cane...
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1044
    Orc in the Playground

Well, if we still have time and if no one minds, Chris can be available as yet another plotclone doing yet more plotclone things.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1045

"Yes. She carries a spear and shield with her, usually. A stark contrast to a few of her paladins." Particularly Nair's choice of weaponry.

26. - Top - End - #1046
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, I see... she sounds kind of intimidating!
    Carrie's already scared of this other her!
    Also deadtime.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

27. - Top - End - #1047

"Only to those who have a reason to be intimidated," Nai says.

28. - Top - End - #1048
    Ogre in the Playground

She frowns a little.
    Um... I guess...
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1049

"Unless you are evil, you have nothing to fear from Carrion." Nai thinks for a second and adds, "Besides, I doubt you will ever meet her."

30. - Top - End - #1050
    Ogre in the Playground

Guess I don't have anything to fear then!
    She shrugs and smiles a bit.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show