New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 39 of 51 FirstFirst ... 14293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1505
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] HALO 174: Just when you think you're not in Kansas anymore, turns out you

BR, meanwhile, quietly sips his coffee.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] HALO 174: Just when you think you're not in Kansas anymore, turns out you

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
    The powerless thief walks into the vampire's room. And doesn't even realize how bad that is.
    Uh, hey...
    ((As far as Karyana's concerned, that's all on Ashley. They agreed to let Ally be with her, and if things had gone according to plan, which, so far as she knows, Ally wanted, given everything they talked about, it would have worked fine.))

"Hey. Have you been okay? I haven't seen you in a while."

Karyana closes the door, and sits down on the bed, grinning somewhat... Which Ally might find a bit unnerving, given it shows off the vampire's fangs rather well.

3. - Top - End - #1143
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    In-laws are so confusing...
    THAT'S WHAT YOU GET FOR PROPOSING TO A VULPAN, SILLY.

I've been fine...
    Ally looks at the closed door, then at Kary's fangs. I've sort of been... um... staying away. I didn't know how you would react after... after.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

4. - Top - End - #1144
    Ogre in the Playground

((@Cnor: I know, but I'm being mean and silly.
    @FF: *sitcom soundtrack, several fox jokes* That's My Assassin is filmed in front of a live studio audience in Orlando, Floridaaaaaaaa.))
    Sioda sighs and heads to the library to read about something that makes sense, like higher-dimensional solids manifesting in lower-dimensional space.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

5. - Top - End - #1145
    Ogre in the Playground

I've been fine...
    Ally looks at the closed door, then at Kary's fangs. I've sort of been... um... staying away. I didn't know how you would react after... after.
    She shrugs, gesturing for Ally to sit if she wants to; there are a couple of chairs, and enough room that she could use the bed, which would probably be more comfortable, if she's willing to get within arm's reach of Karyana.

Also, the thief may notice that the vampire is no longer wearing Civiron's symbol.

"Not your fault. Based on what you said, you had no desire for anything like that to happen, and you being here seems to indicate that you care enough to want to stay friends, so it's fairly doubtful that was an act, which means as far as I'm concerned, we're fine.

You might want to hold off on visiting the Forest until I talk to Zwei, though. It could be a bit awkward otherwise."

6. - Top - End - #1146

She hesitates, looking at Karyana, then sits down on the bed. I'm glad... I really do want to stay friends. Apart from Ash, you're really the only person I trust here.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

7. - Top - End - #1147

Well, Civvy could be around, should anyone want.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

8. - Top - End - #1148

If Civvy wants to talk to Nai again, he's meditating in an observation room, facing the ocean.

9. - Top - End - #1149

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    If Civvy wants to talk to Nai again, he's meditating in an observation room, facing the ocean.
    I don't see why not!

"Naaaaaai?" Civvy asks, walking into the observation room; moving surprisingly quietly for, well . . . her.
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

10. - Top - End - #1150

Nai turns his gauze-wrapped head towards Civvy. "Yes. Greetings, Civiron." He doesn't appear to be twitching as much as in previous conversations.

11. - Top - End - #1151

Nai turns his gauze-wrapped head towards Civvy. "Yes. Greetings, Civiron." He doesn't appear to be twitching as much as in previous conversations.
    "You can just shorten it to Civvy, you know.
    In fact, I'd rather prefer that. Generally only people use my actual name for business."
    Civvy admits, smiling slightly at him.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1152

"Civvy, then. My apologies, your full name is how I know you." After a moment, Nai adds, "Well, not exactly you."

13. - Top - End - #1153
    Ogre in the Playground

She hesitates, looking at Karyana, then sits down on the bed. I'm glad... I really do want to stay friends. Apart from Ash, you're really the only person I trust here.
    The vampire smiles, and, somewhat hesitantly, reaches out to take Ally's hand.

"Hopefully that won't prove misguided, then. I know that your trust isn't something one gains easily, and I'm honored to have it."

14. - Top - End - #1154

"Civvy, then. My apologies, your full name is how I know you." After a moment, Nai adds, "Well, not exactly you."
    Civvy nodded. "That'd be the other reason that just Civvy would probably be better.

What brings you out here?"
    She asks, indicating the deck upon which they stand.
    Show

15. - Top - End - #1155

"The ocean is more conducive to my meditations than the blank walls of my previous location," Nai says. "So I am here for now."

16. - Top - End - #1156

"The ocean is more conducive to my meditations than the blank walls of my previous location," Nai says. "So I am here for now."
    "I see." Civvy says, chewing on the inside of her lip. "Why do you meditate so much, anyway?"
    Show

17. - Top - End - #1157
    Orc in the Playground

Chris can be available for others in the meantime if it is too late to continue...

Carrie blinks.
    Wow, that sounds terrifying.
    What did you get me?
    Chris takes another sip of rum. "I got you several plates of various kinds of enchiladas instead, some of which had the rarer types of meat you requested in them. Also a burrito, a much smaller one. Much, much smaller."
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

18. - Top - End - #1158

"It fills the day," Nai says. "I do not require nourishment or rest, and I spend most of my time alone."

19. - Top - End - #1159

"It fills the day," Nai says. "I do not require nourishment or rest, and I spend most of my time alone."
    "Uh huh . . .

Could always spend that time being out and about and, even if you don't like talking to people, you can get something done, right?"
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1160

"And what would I do? Search for another failed way home, or guidance that will not come?" Nai doesn't move or change the tone of his voice as he speaks.

21. - Top - End - #1161

"And what would I do? Search for another failed way home, or guidance that will not come?" Nai doesn't move or change the tone of his voice as he speaks.
    "Or learn how to not be so monotone and mopey all the time?" Civvy mutters to herself, before saying "Or build a house? Tree-fort? Remodel your room? Learn an instrument?"
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1162

"What may entertain others is not entertaining to me. Not anymore, at least." As it turns out, being dead sucks. "Why are you concerned over how I spend my time?"

23. - Top - End - #1163

"What may entertain others is not entertaining to me. Not anymore, at least." As it turns out, being dead sucks. "Why are you concerned over how I spend my time?"
    "Well, then find stuff that is entertaining?

Besiiiiides meditating."

Civvy makes sure to point out the last, after a moment of thinking about it.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1164
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    Chris can be available for others in the meantime if it is too late to continue...

Chris takes another sip of rum. "I got you several plates of various kinds of enchiladas instead, some of which had the rarer types of meat you requested in them. Also a burrito, a much smaller one. Much, much smaller."
    Oooh, that was smart of you. Myyyyy husband is cleeevverrrrrr.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1165
    Orc in the Playground

Oooh, that was smart of you. Myyyyy husband is cleeevverrrrrr.
    Chris grins at this. "Thanks there honey." He stretches a bit to reach out and pat Carrie on the back, however more than likely do to the placement around the table Chris winds up missing and sort of touches his fingertips on her arm, much to his embarrassment. So he takes a couple of steps to the side and this time touches her shoulder. He is obviously getting a bit drunk.
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

26. - Top - End - #1166

"Well then, why don't you tell me what might entertain a dead man?" Nai seems deadset on being completely lame.

27. - Top - End - #1167

"Well then, why don't you tell me what might entertain a dead man?" Nai seems deadset on being completely lame.
    "I suggest you find out on your own; you won't value it if I just out and out tell you. Go out, look, have fun. It'll give you something to do while you wait for orders, or whatever it was." Civvy tells him, getting slightly irritated as his insistence on being boring.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #1168
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    Chris grins at this. "Thanks there honey." He stretches a bit to reach out and pat Carrie on the back, however more than likely do to the placement around the table Chris winds up missing and sort of touches his fingertips on her arm, much to his embarrassment. So he takes a couple of steps to the side and this time touches her shoulder. He is obviously getting a bit drunk.
    Carrie giggles and leans gently against him, sipping her drink.

Dedtiem.
    Last edited by Beans; 2012-11-16 at 01:54 AM.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1169

Nai turns his head back to the ocean. "Did you want something besides the chance to lecture me on having fun?"

30. - Top - End - #1170

Nai turns his head back to the ocean. "Did you want something besides the chance to lecture me on having fun?"
    "I wouldn't call it lecturing, so much as offering advice. Just because you're dead doesn't mean you have to stop living."
    Dear Civvy: Profound. Yeah.

No.

"Not much beyond that, no."
    Show