New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] HALO 174: Just when you think you're not in Kansas anymore, turns out you

Afterward, Carrie is most likely snuggled close and grinning.
    I think I ate some rose petals.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

2. - Top - End - #182
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] HALO 174: Just when you think you're not in Kansas anymore, turns out you

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    Afterward, Carrie is most likely snuggled close and grinning.
    I think I ate some rose petals.
    "Yeah, sorry about that." Chris says. He smiles back down at Carrie as he holds her close.
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ogre in the Playground

Nah, no problem.
    She snuggles, yawns, and deadtimes.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DoomITP View Post
    How'd that come about? You haven't known Bobbie long.

"She's a good person. And it's not like I've known anyone here long, including Erin..."

5. - Top - End - #185
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    Well, because I would like to be able to help, and...wait, are you saying you can't come back because someone told you that you can't come back?
    Nobody tells me what to do. I don't want to come back because HALO is Carrie's home and she hates me now. ... Argh, this prayer thing is stupid. Hold on... And then Kyne appears in front of Chris, looking both cross and anxious to see him. She's dressed in a darker-than-black armor made from the hide of some terrible legendary beast and carries a long spear of ebony tipped with a sharp dragon's tooth. Her cat collar is gone, revealing a wire-thin scar along the circumference of her neck. For a few seconds after she arrives, until she remembers to tone it down, her divine aura blazes brightly. Not enough to hurt Chris, who is probably used to that sort of thing, but enough to fill his heart with fierce exhilaration or fear depending on if he is Good or Evil, respectively.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

6. - Top - End - #186
    Orc in the Playground

Wait wha-

At that moment, Kyne shows up in front of him, surprising him somewhat. Okay no that's a lie, it surprises him to a point where he almost knocks his chair back, and himself with it. The divine aura practically hits him, a feeling of exhilaration taking him by surprise. After regaining his balance, the aura dies down, and suddenly he's back to feeling somewhat normal, if more alert than before.

"Man why did you-oooh man what happened to your neck?" He says, wincing as he notices the scar where the collar was.
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

7. - Top - End - #187

I tried to strangle myself to death with a wire garrote. Kyne says casually as she studies Chris' appearance. Years ago. I was hiding the scar with the collar until recently. Anyways, you aren't one of my followers. Do you object to speaking as equals?

8. - Top - End - #188
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
    I tried to strangle myself to death with a wire garrote. Kyne says casually as she studies Chris' appearance. Years ago. I was hiding the scar with the collar until recently. Anyways, you aren't one of my followers. Do you object to speaking as equals?
    "...Oh." Chris is pretty much himself, looking slightly older now. He's currently in just regular t-shirt and jeans. Currently he's a bit confused. "Um...no? I just...you didn't have a cellphone."
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #189

So you got my attention the only way you could. The Aspect nods. And now you have my attention and now I am here to talk face to face. So...

10. - Top - End - #190
    Orc in the Playground

So you got my attention the only way you could. The Aspect nods. And now you have my attention and now I am here to talk face to face. So...
    "...Hi." Chris says after a moment's pause. "...Would you like to sit down? Maybe you'd like to not be in that armor?"

Then the styluses turn again. The parchment trades hands and Chris changes expressions. Almost too quickly he suddenly stops and turns confident, as though the awkwardness before never existed. He sits back calmly into his chair, and places his hands on the desk in front of him. His face seems to almost be a little harder than before, as though a year or two had been added in a second.

"Alright, here's the deal. I know you've been trying to get yourself killed over the fallout with Carrie. I know that for some reason you feel unworthy of life. Okay. However, I'm not here to tell you whether or not you should or should not feel that way, that would be pointless and overbearing."

"All I want to do is talk. Nothing more, nothing less. I want to talk with you and I want you to talk to me. It's good for someone's sanity to be able to keep a line of communication with someone, after all. Someone to talk to as equals, you would say."
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #191

Kyne blinks and leans on her spear. I don't think we need to be concerned about my sanity. That's long gone. But whatever, I'll play along with your stupid idea. What do you want to talk about, Chris?

12. - Top - End - #192
    Orc in the Playground

Kyne blinks and leans on her spear. I don't think we need to be concerned about my sanity. That's long gone. But whatever, I'll play along with your stupid idea. What do you want to talk about, Chris?
    "Well maybe communication will recover it." Chris scratches his chin a bit, and then points to the spear. "Let's start with that spear. Pretty radical spear. Where did you get it from?"
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #193
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post

"She's a good person. And it's not like I've known anyone here long, including Erin..."
    Yeah. Erin's a good friend too. But Bobbie will be thrilled to hear her fan base has increased in number.

14. - Top - End - #194

I killed a dragon, took a tooth, and stuck it on a stick. Also I used magic to turn it into a powerful artifact. She pounds the butt against the floor impatiently. What do you want from me, Chris?

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah. Erin's a good friend too. But Bobbie will be thrilled to hear her fan base has increased in number.

"You want to go find her, then?"

16. - Top - End - #196

Oh, definitely.

Grant stands up and then offers Lelli his hand to help her stand as well.
    Last edited by DoomITP; 2012-10-02 at 08:43 PM.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

Lelli accepts his help gratefully, seemingly feeling a fair bit better.

18. - Top - End - #198

Grant and Lelli should have no trouble finding Bobbie has she is walking down the hallway.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground

Lelli smiles, and waves at her, though it seems she's letting Grant explain things for now.

20. - Top - End - #200

When Grant explains that Bobbie has another fan she for lack of better words... Celebrates.

YAY!!!
    Last edited by DoomITP; 2012-10-02 at 09:41 PM.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

Lelli grins happily, and goes to hug her, smiling happily.

22. - Top - End - #202

Bobbie will most likely return Lelli's hug very enthusiastically.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground

Lelli grins happily, and, after a moment, apparently infected by Bobbie's enthusiasm, goes to kiss her.

24. - Top - End - #204

Which would be all well and good except for the rather sudden energy drain that takes place.

I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm sorry!

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

Lelli, oddly enough, seems surprisingly unaffected by it, and smiles reassuringly at her.

"Don't worry about it. I got a ring made after last time that constantly replenishes my energy levels."

26. - Top - End - #206
    Orc in the Playground

I killed a dragon, took a tooth, and stuck it on a stick. Also I used magic to turn it into a powerful artifact. She pounds the butt against the floor impatiently. What do you want from me, Chris?
    Chris looks at her for a moment, before finally speaking up. "For you to stop trying to kill yourself, and for you to not be lonely. I thought I could accomplish the former through the latter."
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #207

Bobbie tilts her head to one side.

Cool.

28. - Top - End - #208

I'm not lonely. I'm here because I have nothing better to do than talk to someone as dumb as you. It's-It's not because I like you or anything! Baka!
    >.>
    I... I... Kyne's voice catches as she struggles to deal with all the piled up emotions she has.
    Last edited by FireFox; 2012-10-02 at 10:24 PM.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Orc in the Playground

I'm not lonely. I'm here because I have nothing better to do than talk to someone as dumb as you. It's-It's not because I like you or anything! Baka!
    >.>
    I... I... Kyne's voice catches as she struggles to deal with all the piled up emotions she has.
    ...oh my god we're creating a monster.

Chris waits for a moment, just simply leaning back in his chair (this time taking care not to fall backwards). He doesn't say anything for the moment.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground

Bobbie tilts her head to one side.

Cool.
    Lellient nods, grinning, and snuggling against her.

"It is limited, so if you manage to go through as much energy as the yearly output of the sun in a day or two, it'll take a bit to recharge, but otherwise, it should be fine."