New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Mynxae's Maliciously Magnificent Random Banter #183

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    GIMMICKS! Mindless meaningless gimmicks that exist solely to add new flavour to ancient gum!
    And you'd better hurry along.

He was supposed to! He can never keep a schedule...
    <.<

>.>

Unless I absolutely have to be somewhere at a certain time, then I'll be there within half an hour of when I'm meant to be there.

Any idea what your Mum is cooking tonight?

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    <.<

>.>

Unless I absolutely have to be somewhere at a certain time, then I'll be there within half an hour of when I'm meant to be there.

Any idea what your Mum is cooking tonight?
    Two hours and thirty minutes does not equal a half hour.
    Oh well... I have the perfect revenge; Tchaikovsky!

And no, I have no idea what she's cooking. You'll find out when you get here.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ogre in the Playground

Two hours and thirty minutes does not equal a half hour.
    Oh well... I have the perfect revenge; Tchaikovsky!

And no, I have no idea what she's cooking. You'll find out when you get here.
    Can I come too ;_____;

I'll make sandwiches

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Can I come too ;_____;

I'll make sandwiches
    You'd always be welcome Kneenibble. Just watch your budgies, the cats might decide to eat them.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    His life was over.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Can I come too ;_____;

I'll make sandwiches
    Are you cheating on me? I ... I thought we had something special.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ogre in the Playground

You'd always be welcome Kneenibble. Just watch your budgies, the cats might decide to eat them.
    Aww, thanks. I would leave Mabel in my breast pocket with her little head sticking up. I don't think they'd bother her there.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    Are you cheating on me? I ... I thought we had something special.
    We had something special... but we come from different worlds... and we had to say goodbye...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Kneenibble; 2012-10-01 at 11:42 PM.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ettin in the Playground

Can I come too ;_____;

I'll make sandwiches
    You may visit whenever you want Kneenibble. Why would I say no?
    And don't worry about making sandwiches, as host I'll make them myself.
    Unfortunately, I can't play any Tchaikovsky myself and only have one CD of his music.

Aww, thanks. I would leave Mabel in my breast pocket with her little head sticking up. I don't think they'd bother her there.
    They probably won't. One is too fat and lazy. But the other one is old and crafty... I'll keep a close eye on her for you.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)

Dragons!

8. - Top - End - #278
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

We had something special... but we come from different worlds... and we had to say goodbye...
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think this is the quickest any ship on here has ever ended.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Colossus in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    That picture is actually really sad.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ettin in the Playground

You have a studio set-up for yourself, do you? What fun that must be!
    Short answer: Indeed!

Long Answer:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Not fully mine in all fairness, it's just the result of being a second generation audiophile, fourth generation musically-inclined. The music room is product of my father soundproofing a room for his use as office in which he put his drum kit and his keyboards and synthesiser; it also happened that he used to have a roller-derby disco before he had to sell his share due to risking his university permanency due to having to manage the disco and study for law school, his business partner also decided to sell alongside him and my father got to keep both the mixing equipment (since he was the only one who knew how to use it and because he had paid the greater share of it) and the speakers [Concert Grade !JBL] (which the person renting to them actually sold at about 10$ since they had rented them for so long they had paid the buying price around thrice and he felt bad for the young men).

With time he managed to build a rack of equipment in between mixers, recorders for VHS, Tape, CDs, and vinyl (and later DVD, and finally just skipping medium to direct to digital). And of course all of the wiring needed for it and accesories, for... well, everything, including several sets of pedals for keyboards and drum kits, the pedals for the guitar and the bass, amplifiers, etc. He never recorded however, and never got to fully use the synths or the keyboards because he was more of a percussionist and because he learnt accordion, not piano, meaning his basses are... not very mobile; so he never had enough time or energy to record, the use of the room being mainly musical reproduction and the most amazing experience ever in concert watching.

Enter his young first-born which loves both everything digital and everything musical. I myself have a Yamaha Clavinova (which I update every certain time lapse to a newer model thanks to Yamaha's payment plans and trading in payment options) which has an inbuilt mixing console and midi recording and a UltraNova synth which has vocoding, mixing and general synth feature; with my father help we set it up in my room and built a surround system connected to a centralised mixer. When recording I either set everything up in my room including the laptop which gets the mixer's output or I split recording into two floors, or I just take the UltraNova to the music room and use his keyboards instead of my clavinova. For most recordings I can do fine in my room except when they involve wind instruments or non-synth strings because I need a proper mic set-up for those.

At times I borrow his sets of pedals and build myself a "Hammond-esque", where the synth is set to playing an organ with the touch setting (which is a fancy way of saying the nobs on the top) programmed to emulate the draw-bars, the pedals linked to his synth set to producing organ bass and my clavinova being set to the usual pre-made loop running of the Hammond on the left and the right set to the proper Organ sound. Effectively making a temporal Hammond (not that it can't make other organs, most organ anatomy's can be reproduced with this setting.)

What are thy music creation tools? A Grand Piano if not a double tailed one, I presume?
    Is it as righteous as I imagine to sit at the organ and control that monstrously sublime wall of sound? To feel the bass pipes rattling your very sternum? Sometimes I listen to the Dorian with headphones and raise the volume until it draws blood... and my very soul thrashes in torturing ecstasy as I witness the making and unmaking of Creation.
    It's the only instrument were you can feel every single vibration you produce, where each keystroke and pedal pulsation MAKES everyone hear it out. You feel the organ and every pipe, you can feel your bones tremble as you put more pressure into the key.

Playing one is a singular experience because of the mix between grandioseness and the fear of a wrong keystroke, you both love and fear the instrument, while playing you can feel the sound wrap around you and you can feel the difference each note makes in the air. Playing a Für-Chapel-Arranged version of Megaman 3's theme is not recommended however, specially when done in hiding. Händel and Bach as well as Gregorian pieces are highly recommended on the other hand and very much encouraged by both parishioners and bishops.

It's the nearest one can, within human beings hope to become part of the sound one makes, feeling each sound made and unmade by the air and the reverb as the organ shakes the foundations of the very place it is under.
    Invite me oooooveeeeeer. I can help you with that problem in a big way.

"You're araveugnitsuga, right? This is your house? I'm Kneenibble. I solve problems." *produces a glass from coat pocket*
    You are formally invited to my residence for as long as my parents stay on the country house; they probably won't mind the disappearance of some Chardonnays, a couple of Prioratos and a Pinot or two.
    Last edited by AsteriskAmp; 2012-10-02 at 12:13 AM.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Firbolg in the Playground

I would have ton of things to say right now, but right now my brain is being entirely consumed by one factoid.

My brother just gave me his old Android!
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    Your brother had an android? I wasn't aware the artificial intelligence and robotics had reached such a level of development...

Dragons!

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ogre in the Playground

Your brother had an android? I wasn't aware the artificial intelligence and robotics had reached such a level of development...
    Hey, you beat me to it.. Blast you.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    His life was over.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ettin in the Playground

How else would I have a robotic gardener?
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

15. - Top - End - #285

I would have ton of things to say right now, but right now my brain is being entirely consumed by one factoid.

Bee boo boo beep, I am a computer, bee boo boo beep, I am incapable of error.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Aaaah, ok. Sorry for freaking out, I'm just worried. Hand danger stuff freaks me out.
    Nope, nothing to worry about. One night later and even with the knowledge of where to look I can't find any remaining traces. The bad news are that there now should be miniscule grease stains on my cover. The good thing is that miniscule actually means miniscule.

I was 20 when I joined the forum, actually. If I recall. Maybe 19.
    19, because I remember your last birthday. Also, you joined in 2011 and your 20th birthday was in 2012 (i.e. this year).

What you say is fantastically sweet and it means a lot to me, Teddophilos! *hugs*
    It's also true. You're the classiest budgie I've ever had the honour to meet (albeit not in person).

The city I live in and its people can be so unspeakably ugly sometimes: I do my best to stay wrapped in a comforting cocoon of beautiful things and fineness for the senses. One day I will move to a better neighbourhood and my lifestyle will be as wings instead of a cocoon. For now the opulence keeps my heart afloat.
    My hometown isn't all too bad, seeing how it has lots of history and a fairly good building planning over the ages based around the idea that no house should reach over the treetops. Sadly, that's all changing in the last few years.

My dream would be to move out to a lagom large house on the countryside but close to the city. It should preferably lie next to a lake where I can house a seaplane and do watery stuff, and also have high-speed internet access, because I'm a computer guy after all. Also, it'd have a tower. I love towers. And the tower would be built from natural stone and have ivy growing up along its walls.

So, everyone assumes that your brother gave you his old Android, but that's not actually true when you get to the bottom of it? Factoid...

Bee boo boo beep, I am a computer, bee boo boo beep, I am incapable of error.
    This is the dumbest statement in all of computer history.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

17. - Top - End - #287
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by araveugnitsuga View Post
    Slightly misleading. Canada has no federally mandated drinking age, drinking age varies by province. For example, back home it's 19 (boooooo) while here in Quebec it's 18 (yaaaaay)

Quote Originally Posted by araveugnitsuga View Post
    In my case home is the opposite actually, since nobody drinks except my mother very very rarely; with my father and I being both abstemious we have high end alcohol of every kind in the cellar but only ever pulled out in very rare occasions. On the other hand alcohol comes in every anniversary, or birthday or Christmas, resulting in a growing supply which will most likely age and then rot without ever being consumed.
    Send me some.
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

But Teddy, it's not dumb at all. Computers are prone to errors. So a computer claiming to be incapable of errors is not dumb: it is just another error
    You ever punched a polarbear for making you miss the buss? It's fun.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Troll in the Playground

AUGH I WOKED UP LATER AGAIN.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, guys, today's the big day! Today I find out if I'm an aunt or an uncle!
    Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    That joke is older than a chicken halfway 'cross a road, Comedian.
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    This is probably the least amusing thing I've heard all week.
    Awesome avatar courtesy of Ranger Mattos.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tragic_Comedian View Post
    Usually, that's not the question that most people are concerned with...
    After all, it is so easily worked out when compared to previous collected facts.

Still, congratulations to your sibling.

Dragons!

22. - Top - End - #292
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

Usually, that's not the question that most people are concerned with...
    After all, it is so easily worked out when compared to previous collected facts.

Still, congratulations to your sibling.
    Well it could be. But perhaps this is a especially mysterious case. If I didn't know, I'd be pretty curious to find out too. I can understand why one'd be concerned with it.

But hey! congratulations Tragic_Comedian and said persons sibling! Always a memmorabe and happy occasion. Unless you happen to spawn something unholy. Though we can be fairly sure that's not the case here. As such, Uncle or Aunt (you really should get yourself examiend), have a great day. Make lots of memmores. This will be a big one.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mistwing View Post
    But Teddy, it's not dumb at all. Computers are prone to errors. So a computer claiming to be incapable of errors is not dumb: it is just another error
    True, but making a computer print out such a statement is pretty dumb nevertheless. Also, errors are always dumb, no matter what.

Show

24. - Top - End - #294
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    True, but making a computer print out such a statement is pretty dumb nevertheless. Also, errors are always dumb, no matter what.
    I wouldn't say that so easily....

Some errors have outsmarted me for long periods of time... >_>

25. - Top - End - #295

Quote Originally Posted by Tragic_Comedian View Post
    Um...wouldn't you always be an Uncle, since you're a dude?

26. - Top - End - #296
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, LaLa. Haven't you learned not to take him literally yet?
    Quotebox
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalirren View Post
    The only person in the past two pages who has known what (s)he has been talking about is Heliomance.
    Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    I just don't want to have long romantic conversations or any sort of drama with my computer, okay? It knows what kind of porn I watch. I don't want to mess that up by allowing it to judge any of my choices in romance.

Wish building characters for D&D 3.5 was simpler? Try HeroForge Anew! An Excel-based, highly automated character builder. v7.4 now out!

27. - Top - End - #297
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Um...wouldn't you always be an Uncle, since you're a dude?
    Tragic_Comedian: Stop preying on LaZodiac's naivety.

LaZodiac: It's a very old joke.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

28. - Top - End - #298
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mistwing View Post
    I wouldn't say that so easily....

Some errors have outsmarted me for long periods of time... >_>
    Tell me about it. In these last few days, I've seen more erratic behaviour and stranger errors than I've ever seen before. Just today, I had to malloc a number of rather temporary variables just because they insisted on overwriting critical data on the stack (although I suspect that's due to an oversight somewhere in the original code, which I got from a friend (it's all a part of the assignment)), and yesterday, two of my classmates got a bug that changed the terminating NULL byte of a string to \001 in one case, resulting in erroneous behaviour. The solution: swap places between the faulty line of code and the following one (both calls to the same initialiser function, but with different arguments, neither dependent on the other in any way, except for which one gains access to memory first).

Show

29. - Top - End - #299

Quote Originally Posted by Heliomance View Post
    Oh, LaLa. Haven't you learned not to take him literally yet?
    ...clearly no

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Tragic_Comedian: Stop preying on LaZodiac's naivety.

LaZodiac: It's a very old joke.
    I'm not familiar with these jooookes

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, I wouldn't think they requried familiarity to realize that they are, in fact, jokes. But hey, it's good to know that this material is still original to someone.

She just called me. It's a girl!
    Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    That joke is older than a chicken halfway 'cross a road, Comedian.
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    This is probably the least amusing thing I've heard all week.
    Awesome avatar courtesy of Ranger Mattos.