New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Mynxae's Maliciously Magnificent Random Banter #183

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    How did the duet go in the end? This was something you wrote yourself?
    Rather excellently, both according to the performers and through random sampling of the audience.

It was something I wrote, Mordant Mordred, it was one of my first ventures into proper composition and incorporation of extra-pianistic elements (playing the strings inside manually for bass in the opening in this case); in terms of melody it is heavily influenced by Chopin and Grieg in both sound and technique requirements.
    Last edited by AsteriskAmp; 2012-10-07 at 02:01 PM.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

2. - Top - End - #512
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    Jar-Jar-Style has a good chance, I agree.
    You just lack the appropriate awesomeness required to appreciate Gangnam Style in full.

Wut. Why did they let a UNDERCLASSMAN do homecoming? They've been at highschool for all of a year (or worse, a month) and you giving them this much... gah. Your school, AT. It lacks in the reasons.
    By underclassman I meant Junior. EVERYONE'S AN UNDERCLASSMAN WHEN YOUR A SENIOR!!!

But EVERYONE dances to LMFAO. Its some sort of law. (But the grinding is one of the reasons I avoid school dances. Half the time people just flat up dry hump in the middle, and then the dean comes in and dance stops for 10 minutes as he chews everyone out for being complete dumbasses. Then enxt day, all the teachers who DID go (alot of the teachers at my school avoid going to the dances because they want to actually respect the students...) yell for their whole class at the students for behavior... Its stooopiddd. )
    Yes well. There's this particullarly ... Nasty ... Girl in my grade. She was grinding with some (un)fortunate Frehman. He thinks this is a good thing, she's pretty hot. Little does she know, she harbors every STD known to man, some known only to dolphins, and a few altogether unknown ones.

Also yeah. My group never grinded--And I'm pretty sure our whole group is now in higher esteem with all the teachers who chaperoned because of it. Although my group is already sort of favored. We're "good" kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Even if it doesn't, it'll probably still get played. White and Nerdy was like, a year or so before our prom, but it still got played. Granted, this was because they nominated the nerdiest guy in my year as a combination joke/homage to his legendary status at the school. Honestly never worked out which was the lion's share, but he rolled with it like a boss so it was all good, I suppose anyway.
    Sounds like it was all in all a good Prom.

And that's why you don't give it to them. Aren't Juniors supposed to put it on as practice for Prom anyway? Or am I thinking Sophomores again?
    I don't know. I wish the Seniors put on Prom, why should the Juniors be in charge or something that's primarily ours?

Weird that there was no dubstep.
    In hindsight, yes. Quite.

And I'm sure you'll find someone to grind with someday.
    Feh. A lot of my underlcassman girl friends tried to make me dance to stuff when it wasn't stuff I liked. Kind of funny, didn't think hard-to-get would ever work in my favor ... And Haley was in my Homecoming group. I'm surprised I had as much fun as I had all things considered.

Meeting?
    Ah, yes. Church.
    Last edited by AtlanteanTroll; 2012-10-07 at 03:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

3. - Top - End - #513
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    You just lack the appropriate awesomeness required to appreciate Gangnam Style in full.

By underclassman I meant Junior. EVERYONE'S AN UNDERCLASSMAN WHEN YOUR A SENIOR!!!

Yes well. There's this particullarly ... Nasty ... Girl in my grade. She was grinding with some (un)fortunate Frehman. He thinks this is a good thing, she's pretty hot. Little does she know, she harbors every STD known to man, some known only to dolphins, and a few altogether unknown ones.

Also yeah. My group never grinded--And I'm pretty sure our whole group is now in higher esteem with all the teachers who chaperoned because of it. Although my group is already sort of favored. We're "good" kids.

Sounds like it was all in good prom.

Ah, yes. Church.
    I have MORE than the reccomended dosage of awesone.

You see, this is why we should do things by a committee of high seniors.

Thats... Disturbing, since once you get a ,few STDs, most men avoid you because they dont want said stds. Poor freshchild. Did you get him tested?

The way to properly not grind is to bring your own speakers and play 60's rock.

Lol. All in good prom.

I address everyone on nternet to that arthur link i posted.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

4. - Top - End - #514
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I don't know. I wish the Seniors put on Prom, why should the Juniors be in charge or something that's primarily ours?
    There is something terribly, terribly wrong with this picture.

Feh. A lot of my underlcassman girl friends tried to make me dance to stuff when it wasn't stuff I liked. Kind of funny, didn't think hard-to-get would ever work in my favor ... And Haley was in my Homecoming group. I'm surprised I had as much fun as I had all things considered.
    D'aww, adorable little chilluns. *Evil hugs. Of evil*
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

5. - Top - End - #515
    Firbolg in the Playground

Moonie: You're missing the point!
    What point? Augh!
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #516
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    I would totally kiss you LaLa. For the experiment, an if we both understood this was in no way attempting to usurp that newcomer Cobra.
    Heh. It's ok, Moonie, I trust you're not trying to steal my girlfriend from me.

COBRA IN A CORSET WEArING ALL THE LACY DRESSES
    ...a corset AND a lacy dress? D=

...I...might...be able to pull that off. Depends on the dress. And I'd need a shave. >.>

...*coughs*...still never happening, though. >.>
    Cobra Avatar by the lovely Miss Nobody.

7. - Top - End - #517

NecromancerGuy

^: A shave? Love, we're full-body-waxing you and then shining you to a mirror finish.

Why? I'm not sure, but that's what the job order says, so, you know.
    What point? Augh!
    On second thought, maybe you're just too young.

On the other hand, Lala...

Oh well, at this point even I've forgotten the point. Guess I should've packed a whetstone.

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I'm playing Pokemon White Twooooooooooooo.
    *pat, pat* There, there, I'm sure it's not that long.

Quote Originally Posted by Tragic_Comedian View Post
    There were couchfires all across my city, too. It's one of the things we're famous for.
    Huh. I'd never heard of a place being famous for that before aside from the month straight where we briefly became a meme amongst our expatriates as couchfire central.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2012-10-07 at 03:32 PM.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

8. - Top - End - #518
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

There is something terribly, terribly wrong with this picture.
    Why?

D'aww, adorable little chilluns.
    I am not adorable and technically not a child.

*Evil hugs. Of evil*
    Geroff me!!

Dream killer.

9. - Top - End - #519

NecromancerGuy

Why?
    Because... Juniors man. Juniors. They shouldn't be in control of that much stuff, both Homecoming and Prom. Next you'll say they organize and put on the Senior Showcase of talent you all do to demonstrate how awesome you've gotten and raise funds for Prom and other seniory things.

I am not adorable and technically not a child.
    Well, you're kinda cute, anyway, but I was talking about the chilluns trying to dance with you.

Geroff me!!
    Shh! No one must ever know of our love~!

Dream killer.
    Muahahahahaha. Mine is an evil laugh.
    Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #520
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Because... Juniors man. Juniors. They shouldn't be in control of that much stuff, both Homecoming and Prom. Next you'll say they organize and put on the Senior Showcase of talent you all do to demonstrate how awesome you've gotten and raise funds for Prom and other seniory things.
    That was my point. I was saying we, the Seniors, should put on our own damn Prom. Juniors can come, fine, but let us organize it. We're going to do a better job anyway. At my school the Class of 2013 has a reputation of being dedicated The Class of 2014 has a reputation of being stupid.

Well, you're kinda cute, anyway, but I was talking about the chilluns trying to dance with you.
    We all know you were talking about me. ... Although, yeah. Some of them were. One or two even succeeded.

Shh! No one must ever know of our love~!
    Meet me in the Wendy's parking lot at midnight.

Muahahahahaha. Mine is an evil laugh.
    You. You. You. You monster!
    Last edited by AtlanteanTroll; 2012-10-07 at 04:54 PM.

11. - Top - End - #521
    Ettin in the Playground

That was my point. I was saying we, the Seniors, should put on our own damn Prom. Juniors can come, fine, but let us organize it. We're going to do a better job anyway. At my school the Class of 2013 has a reputation of being dedicated The Class of 2014 has a reputation of being stupid.
    Silly Americans and letting Juniors in to prom. Seniors organize their prom, juniors their pre prom and sophomores their pre-pre-prom; there is no intermixing of classes. Works fantastically.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

12. - Top - End - #522
    Troll in the Playground

MY CLASS IS ALWAYS A BUNCH OF DUMBASS JERKS. AND THE YEAR BELOW ME IS NICE PEOPLES IF YOU DONT KNOW THEM WELL. YAY BEING 2015!
    We all know you were talking about me. ... Although, yeah. Some of them were. One or two even succeeded.
    hur hur hur.
    Meet me in the Wendy's parking lot at midnight.
    Wendy's? What kind of depressed romantic getaway IS this? And why am I invited?
    Spoiler
    Show
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    don't feed the troll...

13. - Top - End - #523
    Titan in the Playground

Ravens don't give any craps about the cold, I think the seagulls leave when winter starts, and ptarmagins explicitly HAVE a winter mode.
    I was actually talking about the little birds, seeing how you have none, and I have flocks of them...

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    That makes me so happy. If you find a way to convince them to cuddle as if you were St. Francis of Assisi [or Cinderella], please share it with me.
    Could work, although I'd need some way of going back in time to the point when they still were congregated. Thick clothes and a bag of birdfeed wouldn't hurt either...

ION:
    FTL doesn't seem to work with my screen resolution (), so I had to install it on one of our stationary computers instead. My first attempt (on easy) failed pretty soon, but my second one (also on easy) went really well, but I didn't manage to acquire any good weapons, so in the final battle step two, his drones kept shooting down my missiles, and his shields were too tough for my lasers. However, I did manage to retreat, respec myself a bit and actually defeat him with one of hull integrity left, but I'd lost 3 crewmembers and my remaining crew was badly injured, and I simply didn't stand a chance against his boarders in step 3.

My third attempt (still on easy) was pathetic. Already in the first sector, I met a rebel drone that perma-disabled my shields through some computer virus. He managed to set the medbay on fire, and it spreaded to the door control. My crew was too injured or too preoccupied to fight the fire, so I opened up the airlocks to suffocate the fire. It worked, but not before the fire had disabled both the medbay and the door controls, leaving them both completely without oxygen. I simply gave up, there was no way for me to repare those damages with an injured 4-man crew...
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

14. - Top - End - #524
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by araveugnitsuga View Post
    Silly Americans and letting Juniors in to prom. Seniors organize their prom, juniors their pre prom and sophomores their pre-pre-prom; there is no intermixing of classes. Works fantastically.
    It all depends on the school. I know some have both a Junior Prom and a Senior Prom. We have a Junior-Senior Prom, and in all honesty, it's pretty nice, but it'd be even better if we let the Seniors organize it. Hell, underclassman can come as long as they have an upperclassman date, and it's still fine.

MY CLASS IS ALWAYS A BUNCH OF DUMBASS JERKS. AND THE YEAR BELOW ME IS NICE PEOPLES IF YOU DONT KNOW THEM WELL. YAY BEING 2015!
    This is how the suckishness of classes goes at my school, from least to most: 2013 > 2016 > 2015 > 2014. Although 2016 is still prone to making those really stupid freshman mistakes all freshmen do.

hur hur hur.

Wendy's? What kind of depressed romantic getaway IS this? And why am I invited?
    The best kind. After Homecoming ended and everyone went to the sleepover all the eighteen-year-olds (the hosts wouldn't let the minors leave since it was past midnight) all piled into a Prius and went to Wendy's. Good stuff.

And who said you were invited?

EDIT: ION, does anyone know if you need a BFA to pursue an MFA? I would figure if one had a BS or a BA but took a lot/minored inof art of some form it wouldn't be, but now I'm curious.
    Last edited by AtlanteanTroll; 2012-10-07 at 05:19 PM.

15. - Top - End - #525

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    I was actually talking about the little birds, seeing how you have none, and I have flocks of them...
    So was I. Ptarmagin's ARE little birds.

16. - Top - End - #526
    Titan in the Playground

So was I. Ptarmagin's ARE little birds.
    I refuse to believe that there is but one kind of little birds around where you live without any good reason for it to be so. I have at least 6 that are commonly found in the residential areas any time of the year, and a seventh that comes out of the forests in the winter. Furthermore, there are a few more to be found if you stroll into the forest and keep your eyes open.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

17. - Top - End - #527

NecromancerGuy

EDIT: ION, does anyone know if you need a BFA to pursue an MFA? I would figure if one had a BS or a BA but took a lot/minored inof art of some form it wouldn't be, but now I'm curious.
    All it takes is getting accepted, so I think that particular bit is dependent upon the place you'd want to get into and their application/candidacy requirements and so on. Sometimes appearing more well-rounded can be a foot in the door.

...Now I want Wendy's burgers with Hardee's fries.

Probably because the nearest ones are right next to each other.

Does anyone else ever do that? Go to one fast food place that specializes in drinks or burgers and getting the sides at a nearby competitor?
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2012-10-07 at 05:31 PM.
    Homebrew

18. - Top - End - #528

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra_Ikari View Post
    Heh. It's ok, Moonie, I trust you're not trying to steal my girlfriend from me.

...a corset AND a lacy dress? D=

...I...might...be able to pull that off. Depends on the dress. And I'd need a shave. >.>

...*coughs*...still never happening, though. >.>
    Oh, is /that/ what you derived from that?

Well, of course. I do not see how you were planning on skipping female clothes just by wearing a corset or something.

Don't delude yourself. You will be tied down and forced into lady-clothes at some point in your.

^: A shave? Love, we're full-body-waxing you and then shining you to a mirror finish.

Why? I'm not sure, but that's what the job order says, so, you know.

On second thought, maybe you're just too young.

On the other hand, Lala...

Oh well, at this point even I've forgotten the point. Guess I should've packed a whetstone.

Huh. I'd never heard of a place being famous for that before aside from the month straight where we briefly became a meme amongst our expatriates as couchfire central.
    Oh? Were we going for 'female', or 'Barbie'?

I am five! I'm totally old enough!

Or rather, I honestly can't remember how the convo started, as I was barely conscious yesterday, and I can't tell what posts you are referring to, because you just write my name in bold instead of quoting.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #529

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    I refuse to believe that there is but one kind of little birds around where you live without any good reason for it to be so. I have at least 6 that are commonly found in the residential areas any time of the year, and a seventh that comes out of the forests in the winter. Furthermore, there are a few more to be found if you stroll into the forest and keep your eyes open.
    Well of course. I just haven't seen any since I've never went out on a stroll into the forest.

20. - Top - End - #530
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

All it takes is getting accepted, so I think that particular bit is dependent upon the place you'd want to get into and their application/candidacy requirements and so on. Sometimes appearing more well-rounded can be a foot in the door.
    Yeah. There's this thing called National Portfolio Day, and it was happening locally today. Can't decided if I actually want to apply to art school for real, or just kind of treat it as a sort of postgrad thing.

Got some nice crit. especially from the dude from Miami University's art department. The woman from MFA Boston was a total ***** though, she really depressed me. (Doubt that was actually her fault though) Although admittedly it was my fault for leaving my sketchbook at home. I did end up running back home to go get it, and that was good.

The sad thing is that even though Miami is my dad's Alma Mater there's no way my mom would let me go. She's so snooty about education.

...Now I want Wendy's burgers with Hardee's fries.

Probably because the nearest ones are right next to each other.

Does anyone else ever do that? Go to one fast food place that specializes in drinks or burgers and getting the sides at a nearby competitor?
    I know I've gone to Chipotle to get food and eaten it in the newly renovated McDonalds because the aesthetics in there are actually better. But that's not quite the same.
    Last edited by AtlanteanTroll; 2012-10-07 at 05:36 PM.

21. - Top - End - #531

NecromancerGuy

Oh? Were we going for 'female', or 'Barbie'?
    More Silver Surfer if I'm reading the order form right. Or possibly Priscilla, Queen of the Barbarella Desert. Kind of Frankenstein's monster of work orders, really.

I am five! I'm totally old enough!
    So you're not twelve and what is this, eh?

Or rather, I honestly can't remember how the convo started, as I was barely conscious yesterday, and I can't tell what posts you are referring to, because you just write my name in bold instead of quoting.
    It's an endearing and scampish trait, is it not?

Mostly 'tis the ones immediately preceding my posts though, for future reference.
    Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #532

More Silver Surfer if I'm reading the order form right. Or possibly Priscilla, Queen of the Barbarella Desert. Kind of Frankenstein's monster of work orders, really.

So you're not twelve and what is this, eh?

It's an endearing and scampish trait, is it not?

Mostly 'tis the ones immediately preceding my posts though, for future reference.
    Really? My sheet says they're going for a more Celia Phantomhive look. Or possibly cat-girl. Are we supposed to mix our requests together, or are we getting two Cobras?

No, that would be Dark Elf.

Hardly helpful considering my habit of forgetting everything I've said after saying it.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #533
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh, is /that/ what you derived from that?

Well, of course. I do not see how you were planning on skipping female clothes just by wearing a corset or something.

Don't delude yourself. You will be tied down and forced into lady-clothes at some point in your.
    Well...she's what's most important to me. I suppose I'm glad to not have to worry about my position as Official Playground Lecher, though. =P

...erm...who will be tying me down and forcing me into clothes? >.>
    Cobra Avatar by the lovely Miss Nobody.

24. - Top - End - #534

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra_Ikari View Post
    ...erm...who will be tying me down and forcing me into clothes? >.>
    Mutant Sheep will.

Which reminds me, AT, may we borrow your Sheep for a little while?
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #535
    Ogre in the Playground

Back in Exeter and all on my lonesome

I have resolved to try and spend more time with my flatmates, but I'm too tired tonight.

26. - Top - End - #536
    Troll in the Playground

tongue Re: Mynxae's Maliciously Magnificent Random Banter #183

Yeah. There's this thing called National Portfolio Day, and it...-A Metric Sheep-no-care-load of stuffs-

I know I've gone to Chipotle to get food and eaten it in the newly renovated McDonalds because the aesthetics in there are actually better. But that's not quite the same.
    Cool story brah. I only inderstood the "woman upset me with her stupidness" and "i left mportant object at house and had to reget it".

Mutant Sheep will.

I dont wannnnaaaa do something nonconsensual... Get LaLa to do it, anything would be consenual for Cobra at that point. Anyways, i dont know anything about holding otherpeople down or putting them in clothes.. Isnt that a girl thing?

Also, AT SAVE MEH FROM CRAZY WOMAN.
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2012-10-07 at 06:32 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...

27. - Top - End - #537
    Ogre in the Playground

*dances to music of Pokemon game's past*

LaLa, how's le new Pokemon game going? I've been a big fan since Yellow, but I missed out on the Diamond/Pearl generation so I kinda feel like I missed a chunk of my childhood love.

ION: In the Lords of Creation game I'm involved in (Boundless Wonder, Endless Strife), I'm kinda combining a movie franchise, an anime (well it's kind of anime.. ) series and a tv series all into one planet. Aka it's like Hoth, it essentially has Fire Benders and I may or may not be giving them Stargates in the form of 'Firegates'.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

28. - Top - End - #538

Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    *dances to music of Pokemon game's past*

LaLa, how's le new Pokemon game going? I've been a big fan since Yellow, but I missed out on the Diamond/Pearl generation so I kinda feel like I missed a chunk of my childhood love.
    Leveling up my guys to take on the Virbank gym (second gym) and hunting for pokemon. I just caught a Growlithe with intimidate. Shishi shall burn all! With OUTRAGE since Growlithe learn that now.

29. - Top - End - #539

I dont wannnnaaaa do something nonconsensual... Get LaLa to do it, anything would be consenual for Cobra at that point. Anyways, i dont know anything about holding otherpeople down or putting them in clothes.. Isnt that a girl thing?

Also, AT SAVE MEH FROM CRAZY WOMAN.
    LaLa is too busy thinking about Pokemon to even register this conversation.

And I did once tie down a dude to paint his nails and braid his hair... Although that was with the assistance of some friends. Maybe I'll take charge. Good idea!

I AM NOT CRAZY HOW DARE YOU CALL ME CRAZY???!?!?!
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #540
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

On;y ebcause I'm frunk.