New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Mynxae's Maliciously Magnificent Random Banter #183

Quote Originally Posted by araveugnitsuga View Post
    There IS a poison type legendary, there even is a ???? type legendary people just like to forget Arceus.

And what for? The balance is perfect right now, it works well, changing the type structure after about 4th gen from relative stability would just be insane. Poison is doomed to be the forever 1st Gen Ghost.
    Poison's still a great type though. No matter what you guys say, half my team in Soulsilver was poison and I crushed Red between my diamoned encrusted heels.

2. - Top - End - #752
    Ettin in the Playground

There IS a poison type legendary, there even is a ???? type legendary people just like to forget Arceus.

And what for? The balance is perfect right now, it works well, changing the type structure after about 4 gens of relative stability would just be insane. Poison is doomed to be the forever 1st Gen Ghost.
    Arceus doesn't count. It's a Normal type with an ability that allows it to become any type, but it's still a Normal type.

EDIT: Also, Poison should be weak to Fire. Just saying. So many toxic sludge and poison gasses out there should totally be flammable. >.>
    Last edited by Cobra_Ikari; 2012-10-09 at 12:33 AM.
    Cobra Avatar by the lovely Miss Nobody.

3. - Top - End - #753
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Poison's still a great type though. No matter what you guys say, half my team in Soulsilver was poison and I crushed Red between my diamoned encrusted heels.
    I manage to clear through the wholeness of three games and a number of local pokemon tournaments with a Togetic alone (well not alone in the tournaments, but it was the centrepiece of the team), which I absolutely love, doesn't mean it is actually great, just that with enough effort everything is possible. Even making Poison playable for the main game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobra_Ikari View Post
    Arceus doesn't count. It's a Normal type with an ability that allows it to become any type, but it's still a Normal type.

EDIT: Also, Poison should be weak to Fire. Just saying. So many toxic sludge and poison gasses out there should totally be flammable. >.>
    It's all of the types, that's the beauty of it, every Arceus plays distinctly and fits different teams. Dark Arceus is another entity from Grass Arceus, complete other mentality and strategies.

Wouldn't that be the inverse, poison being weak to fire due to exploding on flame-thrower?
    Last edited by AsteriskAmp; 2012-10-09 at 12:35 AM.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

4. - Top - End - #754

Also, Bug's got two legendary pokemon right now. We could do to have a poison type.

5. - Top - End - #755
    Ettin in the Playground

Also, Bug's got two legendary pokemon right now. We could do to have a poison type.
    Yah, Psychic kinda needs a revival.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

6. - Top - End - #756
    Ogre in the Playground

Yah, Psychic kinda needs a revival.
    That reminds me of the disappointment I felt when I found out I couldn't get an Alakazam unless I traded my Kadabra I so loved.. And I had no poke-friends.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

7. - Top - End - #757
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    That reminds me of the disappointment I felt when I found out I couldn't get an Alakazam unless I traded my Kadabra I so loved.. And I had no poke-friends.
    Another gameboy? Going to Target or Walmart, and linking with the gameboy there and trading it back?

8. - Top - End - #758
    Ettin in the Playground

I manage to clear through the wholeness of three games and a number of local pokemon tournaments with a Togetic alone (well not alone in the tournaments, but it was the centrepiece of the team), which I absolutely love, doesn't mean it is actually great, just that with enough effort everything is possible. Even making Poison playable for the main game.
    It's all of the types, that's the beauty of it, every Arceus plays distinctly and fits different teams. Dark Arceus is another entity from Grass Arceus, complete other mentality and strategies.

Wouldn't that be the inverse, poison being weak to fire due to exploding on flame-thrower?
    Throw fuel on a fire, the fire grows. Set fire to fuel, and it burns up. Fire should be effective against Poison.
    Cobra Avatar by the lovely Miss Nobody.

9. - Top - End - #759
    Ogre in the Playground

Another gameboy? Going to Target or Walmart, and linking with the gameboy there and trading it back?
    I was about eight or nine years old, and my Mum was barely able to afford getting me -one- gameboy and the game, let alone another.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    His life was over.

10. - Top - End - #760
    Ettin in the Playground

Throw fuel on a fire, the fire grows. Set fire to fuel, and it burns up. Fire should be effective against Poison.
    Fire is effective against a lot of things.
    Doesn't mean we should expect a video game to make sense, least of all Pokemon.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

11. - Top - End - #761

Lets not get into the typing debate, otherwise someone will post that image from that one post on that one place about it. I forget the details but it was hilarious.

12. - Top - End - #762
    Ettin in the Playground

I may have read that as the inverse.

On the other hand, gasoline is not really a "poison" and the fact that most substances are qualified as poisonous doesn't really make them the classic poison sludge pokemon's POISON is all about. Most chemical substances are poisonous and pretty much everything in our world is flammable or explodes in the presence of O2, pokemon POISON is more about that weird sewage sludge which might or might not catch fire but really is something you wouldn't want to find yourself due to disease. Which bugs have no problem with, ground is unaffected and can easily absorb by and medicine (brain power-psychic [kind of a stretch]) kinda beats while plants fear it for their life.

I was about eight or nine years old, and my Mum was barely able to afford getting me -one- gameboy and the game, let alone another.
    Go to walmart with link cable, use gameboy there, trade and trade back.

Fire is effective against a lot of things.
    Doesn't mean we should expect a video game to make sense, least of all Pokemon.
    Even Water type pokemons should be weak to it going by Real World logic, I mean, we can cook whales and pretty much everything that moves.
    Last edited by AsteriskAmp; 2012-10-09 at 12:57 AM.

13. - Top - End - #763
    Ogre in the Playground

Go to walmart with link cable, use gameboy there, trade and trade back.

I'm Australian.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    His life was over.

14. - Top - End - #764
    Firbolg in the Playground

Walked back from Mock Trial today with German exchange student. He's all right. Total nerd, I think he'd do well on the forum. Maybe I should introduce him...

Finished my homework relatively early, which is nice! ^.^

Mom and Dad apparently de-stressed from dropping Brother off (for the record, he didn't not open his eyes when I came to say goodbye before I left for school, he left while I was there.) by going and getting new pens, awesome little treats (first six pack or soda ever to be in the house, of my favorite lemon soda, sausage, shrimp chips, and some biscotti), and taking naps. All in all, this visit went pretty well, especially as things only went wahooni shaped about four days in this time.

Better than Christmas. And my birthday, that was a total nightmare visit.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #765

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    Walked back from Mock Trial today with German exchange student. He's all right. Total nerd, I think he'd do well on the forum. Maybe I should introduce him...

Finished my homework relatively early, which is nice! ^.^

Mom and Dad apparently de-stressed from dropping Brother off (for the record, he didn't not open his eyes when I came to say goodbye before I left for school, he left while I was there.) by going and getting new pens, awesome little treats (first six pack or soda ever to be in the house, of my favorite lemon soda, sausage, shrimp chips, and some biscotti), and taking naps. All in all, this visit went pretty well, especially as things only went wahooni shaped about four days in this time.
    Glad you had fun Moony. Maybe it's just me, but I'm really happy at the progress you've made at actually living like a real person this year. Much better then stinky ole me

16. - Top - End - #766
    Firbolg in the Playground

Glad you had fun Moony. Maybe it's just me, but I'm really happy at the progress you've made at actually living like a real person this year. Much better then stinky ole me
    <hugs> Thank you LaLa. I assure you, if it hadn't been for the forum, I'd likely not be around to even be worrying about being social. There were some really rough times, and...

And I'm really thankful for you guys.

And I probably trust y'all more than the people in Real Life, and I just want all of you to know that.

/goes to sleep, likely condemning herself to dealing with all if any responses at 6:45 in the morning tomorrow.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #767

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    <hugs> Thank you LaLa. I assure you, if it hadn't been for the forum, I'd likely not be around to even be worrying about being social. There were some really rough times, and...

And I'm really thankful for you guys.

And I probably trust y'all more than the people in Real Life, and I just want all of you to know that.

/goes to sleep, likely condemning herself to dealing with all if any responses at 6:45 in the morning tomorrow.
    Yes yes, condemnation! *strikes you with lightningbolt hugs*

I honestly feel the same way. I love all you guys and I'm glad to have you all as friends.

18. - Top - End - #768
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

Yes yes, condemnation! *strikes you with lightningbolt hugs*

I honestly feel the same way. I love all you guys and I'm glad to have you all as friends.
    Lightningbolt hugs. Truly, in all it's glory, tough love has been personified.
    WORSHIP IT!
    You ever punched a polarbear for making you miss the buss? It's fun.

19. - Top - End - #769
    Troll in the Playground

Caffeine withdrawal headaches.

Yeah, they're not fun.
    Awesome fremetar by wxdruid.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    Also, this is the internet. We're all borderline insane for simply being here.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

20. - Top - End - #770
    Troll in the Playground

D'aw/hug Moonies. Twustiness is something I'm shocked you have in me.

IOn: Panda land. WoW got the 10 day trial out now. NOOOOOOOOOOO! *sucked in for 10 days*
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

21. - Top - End - #771
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    D'aw/hug Moonies. Twustiness is something I'm shocked you have in me.

IOn: Panda land. WoW got the 10 day trial out now. NOOOOOOOOOOO! *sucked in for 10 days*
    Mwahahahaha! Is it funny because it's down for maintenance for another hour and a half? League of Legends time!

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    His life was over.

22. - Top - End - #772
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Oh wow. Trivia...

Spoiler
    Show
    At the end of the night, the scores were being called out. We hear the scores getting close to what we think we got and get worried that we are going to be beaten. Then the seconf place team is called out and it isn't us! We were all excited very excited!!! ...Until it turned out to be a three way tie.

Tiebreaker question was asked and the winner was...

Spoiler
    Show
    ...a two way tie between us and another team. Well, at least we were down to only two now.

Second tiebreaker question was asked and we both gave very close answers, answers, only a year apart. We were told that one of the teams was right, the other was only a year off...

And the winner was...
    Spoiler
    Show
    US!

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

23. - Top - End - #773
    Ettin in the Playground

Mwahahahaha! Is it funny because it's down for maintenance for another hour and a half? League of Legends time!
    I'd join, but I have to go to bed shortly and am just now finalising the beginning work of my next two art projects.
    One a request that's been languishing on the Avatar is Magic thread since January if I'm interpreting the weirdness that is the American reckoning of time.
    Unless I've got it wrong, and it's been since June.
    Either way, still far too long to go without a pony.

And the other is inspired from a picture I ran across on the Internet in my quest for images to base my other project from.

I am so lazy when it comes to art. But one of these days, I swear, I shall be able to draw miniature equines from scratch!

Edit: Congratulations Rawhide on being master of trivia.
    Last edited by Elemental; 2012-10-09 at 07:32 AM.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)

Dragons!

24. - Top - End - #774
    Ettin in the Playground

Neat! Was it a pub trivia quiz or something else? =)

Also, I need help. FTL has sunk its claws into me and is refusing to let me play any other games. I am hopelessly enamoured with its siren song of big scary ships and horrible death lasers.

Help.

25. - Top - End - #775
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post
    Also, I need help. FTL has sunk its claws into me and is refusing to let me play any other games. I am hopelessly enamoured with its siren song of big scary ships and horrible death lasers.

Help.
    Oh hey, was that one of those Kickstarted games? I remember reading about it earlier in the year. It sounded really cool. I didn't even know it was out yet. How is it? (other than incredibly addictive, it seems )

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

26. - Top - End - #776
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Yeah, it was pub trivia. Not like the time our team of three beat teams of 8 or more on a special trivia event we didn't even know had prizes.

We ended up walking away with a mobile phone each, some BluRays and DVDs..

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

27. - Top - End - #777
    Ettin in the Playground

@Rawhide: Awesome. Any good DVDs?

Well, I'm going to bed.
    I shall finish my project tomorrow.

If I can drag myself away from it. Damn skeleton not aligning perfectly...
    I suppose it never does on first trace, but I can't just leave it like that!

Anyway... Goodnight everyone from Near-Brisbane, Queensland!
    Last edited by Elemental; 2012-10-09 at 07:54 AM.

Dragons!

28. - Top - End - #778
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, I'm going to bed.
    I shall finish my project tomorrow.

If I can drag myself away from it. Damn skeleton not aligning perfectly...
    I suppose it never does on first trace, but I can't just leave it like that!

Anyway... Goodnight everyone from Near-Brisbane, Queensland!
    Night Ele!

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    His life was over.

29. - Top - End - #779
    Troll in the Playground

Help.
    Give in to the song~
    Sure, the ending might be bitter, but doesn't that make the song even sweeter?

FTL is fun! Even if the enemy has the uncanny ability to always immediately take out my Oxygen. >.>

Edit: Happy birthday, HalfTangible!
    Last edited by Astrella; 2012-10-09 at 07:55 AM.
    I make avatars. Sometimes.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #780
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Yeah, it was pub trivia. Not like the time our team of three beat teams of 8 or more on a special trivia event we didn't even know had prizes.

We ended up walking away with a mobile phone each, some BluRays and DVDs..
    Whoa. Most pub trivia I've gone to, the prizes were pretty much just free drinks. Not that we complained. Heh.