New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Mynxae's Maliciously Magnificent Random Banter #183

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    My idea is this: that ketchup come in wide-mouthed jam jars, and be spread with a knife.

Next summer, when my now fully upgraded garden is in full fruition, I shall reap an untold spessartine bounty of tomatoes: and with the excess, make ketchup in just this way.
    And now I desire to cultivate the tomatoes that grow wild in our garden despite our attempts to remove them. But alas, I hate tomatoes.
    And that was an excellent choice of adjective. Reference to garnet, I believe?

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    That is.... Shocking. And un-american.
    We just don't do Thanksgiving in Australia. So thus, a turkey dinner lacks that cultural importance.
    However, were we to celebrate some version of Thanksgiving, it would likely be by the consumption of roast lamb.

And finally, on the topic of Macbeth; When I studied the play in school, we always referred to it as Macbeth and the characters by their proper names.
    We were so liberated from superstitions, it was great!
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

2. - Top - End - #842
    Colossus in the Playground

Yeah.... plus, knowing me, it would show up with a bunch of cardamom and rose petals all over it; and the plate would be some Chinese antique, and a raven would espy the gilded edge and make off with it and part of your face.

On the other hand, therein too would be a bottle of 2001 Spanish Tempranillo, and even you who has not tasted wine would, after your first sip, finish the bottle in a sitting: and you would wind up out on the tundra dancing with the Aurora. You would meet your spirit guide the Arctic Fox missing the tip of an ear and become self-empowered.

But no, you are right. It wouldn't work. I won't bother.
    OOPS FORGOT TO ACTUALLY WRITE MY POST HERE

That sounds really awesome, actually. I'll note that I do actually really like foxes, so nice choice on the animal there.

3. - Top - End - #843
    Bugbear in the Playground

Turkeys can fly?
    As God is my witness, I thought they could.

Actually, some wild turkeys can fly. I've seen it myself - an actual turkey just flying up into a tree. It looks really awesome, actually.
    Last edited by Dimonite; 2012-10-09 at 11:29 PM.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

4. - Top - End - #844
    Ogre in the Playground

And now I desire to cultivate the tomatoes that grow wild in our garden despite our attempts to remove them. But alas, I hate tomatoes.
    And that was an excellent choice of adjective. Reference to garnet, I believe?
    Tomatoes are pretty aggressive self-seeders; and they are a perennial in their native habitat, so in your climate I can understand how they would thwart you.

Do you like ketchup? That uses up a whole buttery oak tub of tomatoes, and tends not to incite the revile that the fruits alone do. Which I do not understand, since I have not yet met a fruit or vegetable I do not like.

You're right -- reference to a kind of garnet that has the orangey-red tone of many tomatoes.

Although there are darker red, pink, white, yellow, green, purple, and black tomatoes, too.

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    OOPS FORGOT TO ACTUALLY WRITE MY POST HERE

That sounds really awesome, actually. I'll note that I do actually really like foxes, so nice choice on the animal there.
    *hugs* I'll leave it at the post office in the morning.

I take me now to an overdue bed. Goodnight, one and all!

Thanks again for the matches, Herr Sheep.

5. - Top - End - #845
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    As God is my witness, I thought they could.

Actually, some wild turkeys can fly. I've seen it myself - an actual turkey just flying up into a tree. It looks really awesome, actually.
    *pfffffffffft* BEST. RADIO. DRAMA. SINCE. THE. LAST. ONE.

Tomatoes are pretty aggressive self-seeders; and they are a perennial in their native habitat, so in your climate I can understand how they would thwart you.

Do you like ketchup? That uses up a whole buttery oak tub of tomatoes, and tends not to incite the revile that the fruits alone do. Which I do not understand, since I have not yet met a fruit or vegetable I do not like.
    KETCHUP! *gobblegobble*
    I take me now to an overdue bed. Goodnight, one and all!

Thanks again for the matches, Herr Sheep.
    You are quite welcome, proficient zerger peep. Good sleep.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

6. - Top - End - #846
    Ettin in the Playground

You're right -- reference to a kind of garnet that has the orangey-red tone of many tomatoes.

Although there are darker red, pink, white, yellow, green, purple, and black tomatoes, too.
    I do indeed enjoy the application of tomato sauce, as we so simply refer to ketchup here in Australia, on certain foods. I also have no problem with tomato soup, pasta sauces that use tomatoes, or any number of tomato containing foods. It must merely be an unusual property of the tomato.
    However, my skin reacts to the stems and leaves of the tomato plant making picking them an unpleasant experience if carried on for too long.

Hmm... Such an interesting range of colours... Similar to that of garnet itself...
    I do believe one can get garnets in all shades of red and similar colours. Also in green for some reason.

Anyway... Goodnight to you Kneenibble. Enjoy your rest.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)

Dragons!

7. - Top - End - #847
    Troll in the Playground

Seems my laptop mouse is kinda borked. Every single click results in a double click. You have no idea how annoying that gets, especially if you want to move documents around.

I just accidentally opened like 20 pdfs at once. My computer had a heart attack and promptly restarted itself.
    Awesome fremetar by wxdruid.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    Also, this is the internet. We're all borderline insane for simply being here.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

8. - Top - End - #848

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Feytalist View Post
    Seems my laptop mouse is kinda borked. Every single click results in a double click. You have no idea how annoying that gets, especially if you want to move documents around.

I just accidentally opened like 20 pdfs at once. My computer had a heart attack and promptly restarted itself.
    That doesn't sound like a hardware problem to me--sounds more like "OhgodIhaveaviruswhatdoIdonext?". Certainly the OS installation on that machine must be in a pretty sorry state if it crashes when you have the temerity to try and open a whole 20 PDFs at the same time...

9. - Top - End - #849
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Feytalist View Post

Sounds like fun to me, no offence.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

10. - Top - End - #850
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    That doesn't sound like a hardware problem to me--sounds more like "OhgodIhaveaviruswhatdoIdonext?". Certainly the OS installation on that machine must be in a pretty sorry state if it crashes when you have the temerity to try and open a whole 20 PDFs at the same time...
    Heh. That last part might have been slight dramatic embellishment. I'm pretty sure it's the mouse. But when every click and drag results in an opened file, it gets old really quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    Sounds like fun to me, no offence.
    Cool. You can have the mouse then. I'll email it to you

Also I just somehow managed to open two new tabs in Firefox with a single click. That was kinda amusing.
    Awesome fremetar by wxdruid.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    Also, this is the internet. We're all borderline insane for simply being here.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

11. - Top - End - #851
    Firbolg in the Playground

I do't even know why I bother with school. Guys, what's the point of good grades again?
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #852
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    I do't even know why I bother with school. Guys, what's the point of good grades again?
    I was going to say something that would have been really mean.
    But I'll say this instead; College applications?
    I don't know how it works in America, but I do know that over here in Queensland you have to achieve a certain academic level to get into different University courses. It's something like a one or a two for medicine, an eight at least for engineering...

Dragons!

13. - Top - End - #853
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Ah, I love Blackadder. The first season was my favorite, but they're all absolutely hilarious.

I was going to say something that would have been really mean.
    But I'll say this instead; College applications?
    I don't know how it works in America, but I do know that over here in Queensland you have to achieve a certain academic level to get into different University courses. It's something like a one or a two for medicine, an eight at least for engineering...
    Ya, good grades means a better college. And if you're already in college, good grades means more scholarships.
    Last edited by Amidus Drexel; 2012-10-10 at 06:19 AM.
    A few odds and ends.

14. - Top - End - #854
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    Ah, I love Blackadder. The first season was my favorite, but they're all absolutely hilarious.

Ya, good grades means a better college. And if you're already in college, good grades means more scholarships.
    no, the third and fourth seasons are the best (respectively the butler under prince George and captain during the 1st world war). they both had the directness without real obscenity with a motherload of black stuff in the form of cynisism, sarcasm, irony and general nastyness against Baldrick. Plus it helped that Hugh Laurie had a prominent role in the whole scheme of things as well as Stephen fry (his role in the fourth was better then his role in the second) as some officer who thinks a rush is the best way to conquer the trenches.
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

15. - Top - End - #855

Overall, the point of getting good grades is to give yourself a better life in the future, which is not to say that you can't have a good life with bad grades. Heck, two of my uncles who never finished college - one never went, and the other flunked out - are, in addition to being brilliant men, the owners of their own small business. They make large amounts of money, and lead wonderful lives.

That may have been tangential, but the point is - grades are good and all, but don't freak out too much about them.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

*high fives!*
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...

16. - Top - End - #856
    Ettin in the Playground

Overall, the point of getting good grades is to give yourself a better life in the future, which is not to say that you can't have a good life with bad grades. Heck, two of my uncles who never finished college - one never went, and the other flunked out - are, in addition to being brilliant men, the owners of their own small business. They make large amounts of money, and lead wonderful lives.

That may have been tangential, but the point is - grades are good and all, but don't freak out too much about them.
    Agreed. The only thing worth freaking out about is whether the first Hallowe'en costume you've ever made or used looks too crazy or not.
    And it's not even for real life! It's for forum Hallowe'en!

Dragons!

17. - Top - End - #857
    Troll in the Playground

To be more exact: good grades in high school increase the chances of success in college or university, which increases the chance of having a well paid job, which in turn increases the chances on a bright future. Though nothing is certain, it does increase chances dramatically by offering more (and qualitatively better) options in life.
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

18. - Top - End - #858
    Titan in the Playground

*hugs*
    You're a lovely human being, Teddy.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Yes, yes he is
    Gee, thanks!

To get the job you want to have in the future. That said, I also do it because I love to learn the stuff I'm studying.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

19. - Top - End - #859
    Ettin in the Playground

Gah! What am I still doing up?!?!?!

I shall punish myself by getting out of bed early. It won't work, but I'll try it anyway!

Farewell, from the World of Tomorrow! I.e. Thursday!

Dragons!

20. - Top - End - #860
    Troll in the Playground

Gah! What am I still doing up?!?!?!

I shall punish myself by getting out of bed early. It won't work, but I'll try it anyway!

Farewell, from the World of Tomorrow! I.e. Thursday!
    Thursday! BUT ITS ONLY 10 HOURS INTO WEDNESDAY! HEATHEN! BURN THE WITCH!

Oh, yes, GRADES. They are indeed, for a better future. Which is also attainable by anyone capable of getting those grades. Yes, I'm going to accuse grades of being a far-too-high measurement of how skilled a person is, but a decent measurement of willingness to work and dedication (Or, how good they cheat/natural ability)
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2012-10-10 at 10:26 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    don't feed the troll...

21. - Top - End - #861
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Pah, Wednesday? Wednesday is sooo yesterday.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

22. - Top - End - #862

I wish. Seriously, my Wednesdays suck. I basically have class from 8:00 to 3:00, with a one-hour break around noon. And yes, I'm telling you this while in my biology lab.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

*high fives!*

23. - Top - End - #863
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Aren't you in school? I am not a hypocrite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

24. - Top - End - #864

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    I sense falsehood in the white-text.

ION: "Falsehood in the White-Text" sounds like a good name for a book.
    Last edited by Dimonite; 2012-10-10 at 11:03 AM.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

*high fives!*

25. - Top - End - #865
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    ^This.

Boyfriend just joined the forum. Must learn to teach him how to type proper English* otherwise Rawhide might get a tad cranky..

And no, not 'Let us have a cup of tea and some scoooones!'

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    His life was over.

26. - Top - End - #866
    Troll in the Playground

^This.

Boyfriend just joined the forum. Must learn to teach him how to type proper English* otherwise Rawhide might get a tad cranky..

And no, not 'Let us have a cup of tea and some scoooones!'
    ...*can't... resist...Questionable Content Link*

Also, I HAS THIS WHOLE WEEK OFF NOW. And the PSAT... IS... NEXT WEDNESDAY ON A SCHOOLDAY. LOGIC!

(So... No. I am not in schoo'. *wishes WoW had that 10 day trial so he could EFFICIENTLY waste this glorious free time without doing fun stuff*)
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2012-10-10 at 11:13 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...

27. - Top - End - #867
    Ogre in the Playground

...*can't... resist...Questionable Content Link*

Also, I HAS THIS WHOLE WEEK OFF NOW. And the PSAT... IS... NEXT WEDNESDAY ON A SCHOOLDAY. LOGIC!

(So... No. I am not in schoo'. *wishes WoW had that 10 day trial so he could EFFICIENTLY waste this glorious free time without doing fun stuff*)
    My gosh, I love you. QC <3

Hmm, perhaps I should use Refer A Friend on you as well as my boyfriend..

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    His life was over.

28. - Top - End - #868

I live forever
    In the world of yesterday
    It is the sadness

-Z
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2012-10-10 at 11:19 AM.

29. - Top - End - #869
    Troll in the Playground

My gosh, I love you. QC <3

Hmm, perhaps I should use Refer A Friend on you as well as my boyfriend..
    Yeah, I was going on a early days comic read just now. And then I had to look like, a whole hundred comics from where I was to get that link. I hope you're happy.

Hmn... I was already scrolled by Zeb... decisions! level a new guy or... try and understand what level 80 droods do to get damage, since my highest level drood was 35 before I kinda fell off the WoWing horse. (Paladin, I leveled though. a... 487 elf and a 60-something4 Cow. )

But ... then I'd be alliance, wouldn't I? What, am I gonna have to go dwarf shammy?
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2012-10-10 at 11:23 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...

30. - Top - End - #870
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, I was going on a early days comic read just now. And then I had to look like, a whole hundred comics from where I was to get that link. I hope you're happy.

Hmn... I was already scrolled by Zeb... decisions! level a new guy or... try and understand what level 80 droods do to get damage, since my highest level drood was 35 before I kinda fell off the WoWing horse. (Paladin, I leveled though. a... 48 elf and a 60-something Cow. )

But ... then I'd be alliance, wouldn't I? What, am I gonna have to go dwarf shammy?
    For Darnassus and the Alliance!

Ick, dwarves.. All they're good for is Brewfest. Speaking of which, I got the Great Brewfest Kodo the other day from the level 90 boss.

Gah, it's late.. I need cuddles. Night all!
    Last edited by Mynxae; 2012-10-10 at 11:24 AM.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    His life was over.