New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Mynxae's Maliciously Magnificent Random Banter #183

It was Study Hall when I posted earlier. And now I'm in chem, but we just had a quiz and I just finished and we aren't doing anything for the rest of the period. And next period I have another Study Hall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

2. - Top - End - #872
    Bugbear in the Playground

I have a paper due in 55 minutes that I'm not finished writing yet. I really shouldn't be posting on here, but talking to you guys is more fun than discussing video game graphics and music as high art and rearranging paragraphs from my original draft so that everything fits together better.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

3. - Top - End - #873
    Ogre in the Playground

I do indeed enjoy the application of tomato sauce, as we so simply refer to ketchup here in Australia, on certain foods. I also have no problem with tomato soup, pasta sauces that use tomatoes, or any number of tomato containing foods. It must merely be an unusual property of the tomato.
    However, my skin reacts to the stems and leaves of the tomato plant making picking them an unpleasant experience if carried on for too long.

Hmm... Such an interesting range of colours... Similar to that of garnet itself...
    I do believe one can get garnets in all shades of red and similar colours. Also in green for some reason.

Anyway... Goodnight to you Kneenibble. Enjoy your rest.
    It's interesting about your reaction: they are a poisonous plant after all. Do you suffer the same from handling other nightshades? Could you reap your bounty with gloves? The gardener in me springs like a shoot at the thought of such indomitable wild tomatoes.

I was pondering how in a very warm sunny climate, gardening is more about control and restraint: plant life is a wild active force that must be channeled in order to be useful. On the other hand in a very temperate climate like mine, gardening is more about nurturing and care, because [edible] plant life is a delicate fragile force that cannot thrive on its own. So our experiences of the garden are vastly different.

Garnets are, indeed, a fabulous, fabulous stone. They range in colour from yellows to reds to pinks to browns to oranges and yes, indeed, the juicy delicious saturated green of tsavorite. Garnets are very near the top of my list of favourite jewels. My most beloved ring is an Australian opal surrounded by tsavorites.

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I live forever
    In the world of yesterday
    It is the sadness

-Z
    *snaps fingers as at a candlelit poetry reading with fancy coffee*

4. - Top - End - #874
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    It was Study Hall when I posted earlier. And now I'm in chem, but we just had a quiz and I just finished and we aren't doing anything for the rest of the period. And next period I have another Study Hall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    I have a paper due in 55 minutes that I'm not finished writing yet. I really shouldn't be posting on here, but talking to you guys is more fun than discussing video game graphics and music as high art and rearranging paragraphs from my original draft so that everything fits together better.
    You silly peoples. *dances with laziness and also bored laziness cuz lazy and sluggish*
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

5. - Top - End - #875

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    You silly peoples. *dances with laziness and also bored laziness cuz lazy and sluggish*
    Hey! I finished the paper! With, like, half an hour to spare! (still not as good as the time I finished an assignment worth 12% of my grade less than five minutes before it was due)
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

*high fives!*
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...

6. - Top - End - #876
    Ogre in the Playground

The day before the final deadline on my GCSE electronics project (at least, the practical portion thereof) I got a phone-call from my teacher asking why my vacuum forming mould was sitting in the cupboard, unfinished and held together by masking tape. I had to skip lessons that last day to desperately finish the mould, form the case and fit the circuit. It was shoddily done, and I think I broke the circuit putting it in. I still got a B overall. I really don't get how anyone could have failed that subject.

7. - Top - End - #877
    Titan in the Playground

I live forever
    In the world of yesterday
    It is the sadness

-Z
    Not bad. Not bad at all.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

8. - Top - End - #878
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Not bad. Not bad at all.
    Thanks. I've kinda been getting into haiku's because of Borderlands 2. The Assassin Class speaks entirely in haiku.

9. - Top - End - #879
    Ogre in the Playground

Perhaps may I challenge you to battle again later this evening? I can do naught for lazy sluggish boredom now, except perhaps sing about sugar hoards and much-lusted-after jewels on Etsy.

Hey! I finished the paper! With, like, half an hour to spare! (still not as good as the time I finished an assignment worth 12% of my grade less than five minutes before it was due)
    You walk the path of daggers, my friend.

Like half an hour is plenty of time to take a hot shower and sing God Save the Queen using your loofah like a microphone, and then take a mouthful of good Bristol Cream sherry: in this way your face shall take on a glow, like unto the bees of old.

10. - Top - End - #880
    Troll in the Playground

I do similar things. But I put the finishing touches... AS I TURN IT IN.

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Perhaps may I challenge you to battle again later this evening? I can do naught for lazy sluggish boredom now, except perhaps sing about sugar hoards and much-lusted-after jewels on Etsy.

Like half an hour is plenty of time to take a hot shower and sing God Save the Queen using your loofah like a microphone, and then take a mouthful of good Bristol Cream sherry: in this way your face shall take on a glow, like unto the bees of old.
    Indeed, I could make it this evening. I am still a rusty rusty rusty alien murderer, but hey. Riding a bike, swarming over my enemies with giant acidbugs, same deal.

YES WUT U SAID.
    Spoiler
    Show
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    don't feed the troll...

11. - Top - End - #881
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post

Hey! No spoilers!
    (I'm still on Crown of Swords)
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

12. - Top - End - #882

I've read only the second book of A Song of Ice and Fire

13. - Top - End - #883
    Titan in the Playground

I've read only the second book of A Song of Ice and Fire
    No, I was talking about Wheel of Time.
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #884

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    No, I was talking about Wheel of Time.
    Oooh, ok. My bad

15. - Top - End - #885
    Titan in the Playground

Oooh, ok. My bad
    Actually, I'd never heard of Song. Looking at something on it, I see where the confusion came from, but that's Storm of Swords, not Crown of Swords.
    My Homebrew

16. - Top - End - #886
    Firbolg in the Playground

I was going to say something that would have been really mean.
    But I'll say this instead; College applications?
    I don't know how it works in America, but I do know that over here in Queensland you have to achieve a certain academic level to get into different University courses. It's something like a one or a two for medicine, an eight at least for engineering...
    Mraugh. Colleges shouldn't judge me on my ability to complete busywork. But I know, I was just at the brink of homework-related despair yesterday.

Overall, the point of getting good grades is to give yourself a better life in the future, which is not to say that you can't have a good life with bad grades. Heck, two of my uncles who never finished college - one never went, and the other flunked out - are, in addition to being brilliant men, the owners of their own small business. They make large amounts of money, and lead wonderful lives.

That may have been tangential, but the point is - grades are good and all, but don't freak out too much about them.
    Yeah. That would also apply to my mom and my brother. But then again, they're both geniuses, so y'know.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    To get the job you want to have in the future. That said, I also do it because I love to learn the stuff I'm studying.
    That's one reason I'm so irritated. They're sucking all the fun out of learning by making it such an arduous process. I can't remember the last time I seriously dove into a book and enjoyed it, becuase I'm either too busy for books I choose myself, or I'm too busy tryign to find al the significance in the umpteenth alleegory reference for any book I'm reading at school!

/rant

ION: Tired.Homework. Essay due tomorrow I havne't started yet. Additional thing aobut the 6 Mistakes of Man. Have to go to a homecoming assembly tomorrow, entailing lots of stomping and bad pop music. What was wrong with hiring a Sophist to lecture for hours until you have become fully educated?
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #887

NecromancerGuy

On the other hand, they could just judge your worth solely upon your ability to take standardized tests.

Personally I find that even worse. Granted, I'm not a fan of busywork for the sake of busywork.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2012-10-10 at 05:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

18. - Top - End - #888
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    Mraugh. Colleges shouldn't judge me on my ability to complete busywork. But I know, I was just at the brink of homework-related despair yesterday.

Yeah. That would also apply to my mom and my brother. But then again, they're both geniuses, so y'know.
    "I am SMART OLDER SIBLING. Be compared to my success, and never be able to compare! AND THEN FEEL AWKWARD WHEN PEOPLE COMPLIMENT YOU BECAUSE YOU KNOW *sibling* DID IT BETTER. BWHA-HA-HA.
    That's one reason I'm so irritated. They're sucking all the fun out of learning by making it such an arduous process. I can't remember the last time I seriously dove into a book and enjoyed it, becuase I'm either too busy for books I choose myself, or I'm too busy tryign to find al the significance in the umpteenth alleegory reference for any book I'm reading at school!

/rant
    Oh, ohhhh. Is this where I have a comparable rant on the liquidization and condensation of valued literature into nibblechunks of indigestable blabber lacking any form of the original poetic touch, with half the words shortened or removed so that a second grader with a dictionary can get through it in three minutes! (And do not. Get. Me. STARTED. On 'vocab' studies. It's not complicated!)
    ION: Tired.Homework. Essay due tomorrow I havne't started yet. Additional thing aobut the 6 Mistakes of Man. Have to go to a homecoming assembly tomorrow, entailing lots of stomping and bad pop music. What was wrong with hiring a Sophist to lecture for hours until you have become fully educated?
    Essay on? I feel shame on not recognizing The Six Mistakes, I should get to reiterating my literacy this week. HomeComing is OBLIGITORY for you, though? Some portions of Homecoming rallies are undoubtably terrible, but if they do a reasonable good skit (which I doubt, if you're a theatre person and yo don't know about anything) you can get a good laugh. But is skipping not an option?

Busywork is the bane of my existance, my GPA, soul, ability to maintain focus in class, and a constant aggravant. ET ES BADO.
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2012-10-10 at 05:21 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...

19. - Top - End - #889

NecromancerGuy

This is the woman who raised your brother, yes?

So, grains of salt, and above all else, perspective, love.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2012-10-10 at 05:23 PM.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

20. - Top - End - #890

What's wrong with my mom?
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #891
    Titan in the Playground

College gives you more free time than high school but fills up most of it with studying and schoolwork. It's kinda surreal
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

22. - Top - End - #892
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    This is the woman who raised your brother, yes?
    I think you may have gone a little too far here.
    My Homebrew

23. - Top - End - #893
    Troll in the Playground

I am not in the mood to get into a naturevsnuture discussion right now, but blaming parents for the child is a primitive and a poor way to help anyone, especially the child. *just deleted like, 9 run ons on boring stuff becuase im bad at thsi stuff anyway*

But intelligence is not exactly a benchmark for being a great parent, nevertheless.
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2012-10-10 at 05:39 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...

24. - Top - End - #894

Well, it depends on what he meant. It could be Coidzor meant something else. I'm waiting for a response myself before I reply with my opinions on that matter. Let is just be said that I'll be taking up Mutant's rants if you mean to say that it is my mother's fault that my brother is the way he is.
    Last edited by MoonCat; 2012-10-10 at 05:39 PM.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #895

I am not in the mood to get into a naturevsnuture discussion right now, but blaming parents for the child is a primitive and a poor way to help anyone, especially the child. *just deleted like, 9 run ons on boring stuff becuase im bad at thsi stuff anyway*

But intelligence is not exactly a benchmark for being a great parent, nevertheless.
    Oh, sheepy. You can't just DISMISS the role of the parent in whether someone turns out a good person. Let's take this outside of a place where it's personal for a sec: a good parent greatly increases the chance for the child to grow up into a good person, and a bad parent greatly increases the chance for the child to become a bad person. Of course, it's not 100%: There are many bad kids with good parents, and some good kids with terrible parents. Sometimes, you blame the parents because it's legitimately their fault. Again, however, this is not meant to relate to anyone specific; I just think your statement should have been much less general.

In that same vein I'm sure Moonie's mother is a wonderful lady.

...That's not the same vein at all.
    Last edited by Dimonite; 2012-10-10 at 05:57 PM.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

*high fives!*

26. - Top - End - #896

NecromancerGuy

The point is that she's not perfect, and even being a "genius" doesn't prepare one's self for all of life's experiences.

The other point is that holding up someone as an example of perfect to judge yourself for failing to measure up to them is missing the point.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2012-10-10 at 06:34 PM.
    Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #897
    Troll in the Playground

Oh, sheepy. You can't just DISMISS the role of the parent in whether someone turns out a good person. Let's take this outside of a place where it's personal for a sec: a good parent greatly increases the chance for the child to grow up into a good person, and a bad parent greatly increases the chance for the child to become a bad person. Of course, it's not 100%: There are many bad kids with good parents, and some good kids with terrible parents. Sometimes, you blame the parents because it's legitimately their fault. Again, however, this is not meant to relate to anyone specific; I just think your statement should have been much less general.
    The missing essay would have likely cleared this up, I admit. But some things are inherent issues with the kid, and even the BEST the parent could do is condemn them to years of annoying or painful therapies to get over some issues. Parents have a major role in how people develop but a good portion of personality and behaviors, but most notably personality disorders or various diseases/genetic predispositions/whatever the word you would wish to call them are not going to be dissolved by being reared by Ghandi. It would definitely minimize most effects, but there are so many factors that go into human behavior blaming the parent for the childs issues is a terrible way to do things, and is not ehlping the kid get over and through whatever issues there might be. But if you wanna blame the parents, blame them for not efficiently discarding their respective DNA strands that contribute to behavior issues.
    In that same vein I'm sure Moonie's mother is a wonderful lady.

...That's not the same vein at all.
    *blood you were talking about is currently in an artery*
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...

28. - Top - End - #898
    Ogre in the Playground

Let us not forget that the same woman raised our beloved MoonCat

29. - Top - End - #899

There are some things that the parents cannot change, and I deeply resent any implications that it would be my mom's fault alone for anything she could have done. His biological father has many of the behaviors of my brother

And for the record, my brother is TREMENDOUSLY better than how he was years ago, my parents have helped him incredibly, at least from my point of view.

Also, anyone who uses my brother as a bad example in terms of outright SUCCESS in life is badly wrong anyway, as Brother is doing very well on all counts except mentally, which somehow never seems to get involved.

Interesting factlet, back in the dark old days of the 1990's people used to blame the mothers of autistic kids. They said they were too distant, and that's why their kids had their various issues. Let's not go back into that mindset, please.
    Last edited by MoonCat; 2012-10-10 at 06:35 PM.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #900

NecromancerGuy

There are some things that the parents cannot change, and I deeply resent any implications that it would be my mom's fault alone for anything she could have done.
    Exactly, she's just a human being.

Also, anyone who uses my brother as a bad example in terms of outright SUCCESS in life is badly wrong anyway, as Brother is doing very well on all counts except mentally, which somehow never seems to get involved.
    Well, there's two schools of thought there. The first is that if you're actually thinking of measuring "success" then you're doing it wrong.

The second is that if you're "successful" but are unable to relate to others then most of the point is dulled.

Though that's all tangential to what I'm actually getting at here anyway, which is that it's inappropriate to use him as a measuring stick constantly either internally or for someone to try to externally use it as a form of control or emotional abuse.

Interesting factlet, back in the dark old days of the 1990's people used to blame the mothers of autistic kids. They said they were too distant, and that's why their kids had their various issues. Let's not go back into that mindset, please.
    It would seem preachy and emotionally manipulative for me to fully detail my perspective on this, so I'll just say that I know this very well due to my family's history.
    Homebrew