New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Mynxae's Maliciously Magnificent Random Banter #183

Quote Originally Posted by araveugnitsuga View Post
    What is a bit of burnt wood in relation to the commodity of less shovelling?

And effectively m' lady, I'm not dead. Many have tried, my siblings top amongst them, but indeed the realm of the dead is still a boat trip away.
    "It is the categorical imperative I ring this item up and demand equivalent payment; but I won't dwell into the workings of the meta-economics behind the realization of this payment, for the realm which clerkology has postulated for itself must contain substance... in this case a spill in hallway 3."
    Well, the burnt wood would be MY HOUSE, so I figure it's fairly major.

Also...are you sure you're alright? You seem loopy. I mean, more so then usuall.

2. - Top - End - #932
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    It's interesting about your reaction: they are a poisonous plant after all. Do you suffer the same from handling other nightshades? Could you reap your bounty with gloves? The gardener in me springs like a shoot at the thought of such indomitable wild tomatoes.

I was pondering how in a very warm sunny climate, gardening is more about control and restraint: plant life is a wild active force that must be channeled in order to be useful. On the other hand in a very temperate climate like mine, gardening is more about nurturing and care, because [edible] plant life is a delicate fragile force that cannot thrive on its own. So our experiences of the garden are vastly different.

Garnets are, indeed, a fabulous, fabulous stone. They range in colour from yellows to reds to pinks to browns to oranges and yes, indeed, the juicy delicious saturated green of tsavorite. Garnets are very near the top of my list of favourite jewels. My most beloved ring is an Australian opal surrounded by tsavorites.
    Indeed they are poisonous. I do believe they contain their toxin in the hairs on their leaves and stems to deter animals from consuming them and to discourage those same animals from brushing up against them. We have some potatoes that my Mum is cultivating, but I don't believe they have the same defence mechanisms. I shall have to examine them closely when I next have time.
    And unfortunately, I find it very hard to find gloves that fit and are comfortable as I have large hands. Admittedly, at the moment, our tomatoes have declined in number, but they persist and shall return in force when the conditions are right.

Indeed. Our climate is conducive to the propagation of vegetation. Provided said vegetation can tolerate heat and extended periods of dry conditions. Many of the plants in our garden die back when it is too hot and dry for them and return when the weather is more conducive.
    Unfortunately, despite a warm climate, getting edible plant life to do what you want is not always so easy. Our last attempt to grow carrots ended with very healthy plants with small roots as they felt no need to store nutrients for the harsh Winter they would never experience. I fear that they may be growing in intelligence.

The mere description of your ring evokes images of unrivalled colour into my mind. Truly, you are fortunate to have such an object in your possession.
    I shall have to read up on garnets once more as it has been several years since I last absorbed knowledge concerning them.

And finally, on the topic of snow: I've never seen it and it has not snowed in Brisbane since before my parents were born. And according to the historical records, that was a very minor occurrence.
    Last edited by Elemental; 2012-10-11 at 12:03 AM.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

3. - Top - End - #933

Garnet is my birth stone

4. - Top - End - #934
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Well, the burnt wood would be MY HOUSE, so I figure it's fairly major.

Also...are you sure you're alright? You seem loopy. I mean, more so then usuall.
    Just point the nozzle away from it and it'll be fine.

I'm most definitely finetastic. Myxolidiously perfect in terms of Doric modality as much as a Russian Minor on Greek modality. Minictastically ectastic with a flare of refenestration of the highest order due to the conflagration of my confabulations. It is a clarity of the upmost hypernormality which I experience through which I can say that I indeed are not loopy or my head is at all fruity.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

5. - Top - End - #935
    Ettin in the Playground

Mine is aquamarine or bloodstone.
    And according to the Zodiac, also amethyst.

There's actually an interesting poem about it on the Wikipedia page.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)

Dragons!

6. - Top - End - #936
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Mine is aquamarine or bloodstone.
    And according to the Zodiac, also amethyst.

There's actually an interesting poem about it on the Wikipedia page.
    Odds are I was born without an Onyx.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

7. - Top - End - #937

Just point the nozzle away from it and it'll be fine.

I'm most definitely finetastic. Myxolidiously perfect in terms of Doric modality as much as a Russian Minor on Greek modality. Minictastically ectastic with a flare of refenestration of the highest order due to the conflagration of my confabulations. It is a clarity of the upmost hypernormality which I experience through which I can say that I indeed are not loopy or my head is at all fruity.
    ...ok, I'll trust you. But damn...you feel pretty damn loopy today.

8. - Top - End - #938
    Troll in the Playground

*pauses in middle of juggling sparlkers shaped like crazy straws*

Loopy is bad?

*continues juggling anyway*
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

9. - Top - End - #939
    Ettin in the Playground

Loopy? [disc scratch] Loopy? [disc scratch] Loopy? [disc scratch] Loopy? [disc scratch] Loopy? [disc scratch]...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post

Loopy is bad?

I prefer my universe stringy.

10. - Top - End - #940
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

11. - Top - End - #941

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post

Loopy is bad?

Loopy isn't bad. It's just really, really weird coming from Pinkhair.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Probably.

12. - Top - End - #942
    Ettin in the Playground

If I didn't know I'd say it was a Buffy Musical. Which is impossible, most probably some clever shot editing, I very sincerely hope it is this.
    Loopy isn't bad. It's just really, really weird coming from Pinkhair.
    My hair being pink didn't set the loopiness alert off?
    Last edited by AsteriskAmp; 2012-10-11 at 01:03 AM.

13. - Top - End - #943
    Ettin in the Playground

If I didn't know I'd say it was a Buffy Musical. Which is impossible, most probably some clever shot editing, I very sincerely hope it is this.
    Really... You can't judge whether or not a person is loopy or not by the colour of their hair. I have plain brown hair and I'm very loopy sometimes. Unless I'm in pony form, and then I usually have purple and blue hair.
    Mostly when I'm tired and/or I've have forgotten to take my medication and my brain starts trying to adjust to the lack of introduced chemicals. Fortunately, I always remember my medication and loopiness results solely from my own natural loopiness and/or sleep deprivation.

Dragons!

14. - Top - End - #944

The Buffy musical episode was fantastic. Are you trying to be funny or didn't you know they did a musical (called Once More With Feeling)?

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

15. - Top - End - #945

Arguably a good point, but you just seem kinda different, is all.

The Buffy musical episode was fantastic. Are you trying to be funny or didn't you know they did a musical (called Once More With Feeling)?
    I'm currently operating under the assumption that something has happened to Pinkhair and a friend is posting for him.

16. - Top - End - #946
    Ettin in the Playground

Really... You can't judge whether or not a person is loopy or not by the colour of their hair. I have plain brown hair and I'm very loopy sometimes. Unless I'm in pony form, and then I usually have purple and blue hair.
    Mostly when I'm tired and/or I've have forgotten to take my medication and my brain starts trying to adjust to the lack of introduced chemicals. Fortunately, I always remember my medication and loopiness results solely from my own natural loopiness and/or sleep deprivation.
    While hair colour is not indicative of sanity, it can be indicative of the loss of such.
    I had absolutely no idea there actually was a musical episode considering the series did have a consistent plot at least until around season 3 or 4 when I no longer had access to DVD. Consistent plots don't normally lead to musical episodes.
    I'm currently operating under the assumption that something has happened to Pinkhair and a friend is posting for him.
    Nah, it's me. Proof can be found on October 8th log at 4:45:05 PM where there was a discussion about RB general direction.

Alternatively CHO-pin 10/12
    Last edited by AsteriskAmp; 2012-10-11 at 01:47 AM.

17. - Top - End - #947

While hair colour is not indicative of sanity, it can be indicative of the loss of such.
    I had absolutely no idea there actually was a musical episode considering the series did have a consistent plot at least until around season 3 or 4 when I no longer had access to DVD. Consistent plots don't normally lead to musical episodes.
    Nah, it's me. Proof can be found on October 8th log at 4:45:05 PM where there was a discussion about RB general direction.

Alternatively CHO-pin 10/12
    Ok, see, referencing that only makes me more concerned.

18. - Top - End - #948

Yup, there was, and it was awesome.

Joss Whedon had always want to produce a musical, and when he knew he had such a musical cast (Anthony Stewart Head was in a band as well as a West End production of The Rocky Horror Show (they even released him singing Sweet Transvestite as a single), James Marsters has played solo and in a band, Amber Benson didn't have such a musical background but happened to be quite good), he knew he just had to make a musical episode for Buffy. He was adamant though, that it can't be a once off standalone kind of thing, it must have a lasting impact on the plot (and that it did).

19. - Top - End - #949
    Ogre in the Playground

I think my birth stone is Topaz.. Which was my favourite gem before I found out anyways. Apart from Emeralds and Sapphires.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

20. - Top - End - #950

As much as I love the garnet, my favorite is the ruby.

21. - Top - End - #951
    Titan in the Playground

My birthstone would be the emerald, which is good, seeing how it's my favourite gem (pretty green colour). Unless you go by the Zodiac or the day of birth, in which case it would be the sapphire, which is good, seeing how despite green being my favourite colour, I seem to excert some sort of magnetic attraction toward the colour blue. I dress completely in blue, for example, and that isn't even by design.

I understand the feeling. I have to have the TV on, have a fan on, or have someone sleeping with me before I can even really attempt to get a good night sleep. I know it's a little embarassing but man, old habits die hard
    Nah, I wouldn't call it embarrassing. I mean, if I don't get complete silence, complete darkness, perfect shielding against any eventual cold and something to hug, I'm going to have a miserable night. That's just the way it works, so I fail to see why I should be embarrassed about it.

Don't worry, your winter will come soon enough. Ours is almost on the way, it's cold as heck outside, and I swear I saw a few snowflakes here or there.
    There's at least a month's time before I can expect any snow to fall over here. I'm both living to the south of you and have the Gulf Stream running through my neighbourhood, so my climate is distincly more temperate than yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Maugan Ra View Post
    Uh. I am not looking forwards to the colder months. I live in northern Scotland, and my windows don't shut properly, especially the one in the bedroom. I think the frame warped or something, because there's always a gap left open no matter how hard I try (usually in the top right corner) and thus my room can get really quite cold.

My one consolation is that I have a double quilt all to myself for hibernation purposes.
    As Coid suggested, can't you tape over the gap? Or fill it up with cotton? Or buy a roll of insulation tape (sort of like a small, soft rubber tube with glue on one side) and tape it around the edge of the window?
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

22. - Top - End - #952
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't like snow, and there'll probably be more where I live this year than ever before...

Also, I finished my maths homework, and now I have 3 hours to finish physics. It'll be easy if I can get off the internet...

23. - Top - End - #953
    Ettin in the Playground

He's a bit busy right now, but I assure you that when he turns he'll be all over this.
    Sorry, I had a surprise visit from a friend (my place is closer to a last minute early job interview he had, so I offered it to him. He got the job!), so I've been kinda AFK all day. But yes, Zodi, I would gladly be all over you. <3

Err, wait, what I mean is, I'm totally up for sharing your bed and helping you feel...restful.

Love you. =)

As much as I love the garnet, my favorite is the ruby.
    Noted. =3

Rubies are my favorite, too. Though I always wondered why they decided that pigeon blood is the ideal color for a ruby. It's a but morbid. And why PIGEONS?
    Cobra Avatar by the lovely Miss Nobody.

24. - Top - End - #954
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra_Ikari View Post
    Rubies are my favorite, too. Though I always wondered why they decided that pigeon blood is the ideal color for a ruby. It's a but morbid. And why PIGEONS?
    Because pigeons are a symbol for peace, so blood of a pigeon, which implies a dead pigeon, must be a symbol for... war?

Show

25. - Top - End - #955
    Ettin in the Playground

It's merely a reference to the deep red colour of arterial blood. Nothing more.

And pigeons aren't symbols of peace... That's doves. Pigeons are symbols of love and marital bliss and of happiness in the home.
    At least in Europe. The term originated from Burma, or perhaps China.

Anyway... My evening has not been going well. I would go curl up and cry, but people would intrude.

Dragons!

26. - Top - End - #956
    Titan in the Playground

And pigeons aren't symbols of peace... That's doves. Pigeons are symbols of love and marital bliss and of happiness in the home.
    At least in Europe. The term originated from Burma, or perhaps China.
    Hmm, seeing how they translate to the same word in Swedish, I didn't actually know this.
    Wikipedia isn't especially helpful in pointing out the difference between them both either...

Anyway... My evening has not been going well. I would go curl up and cry, but people would intrude.
    That's sad to hear. Don't you have your own room to lock yourself into (or at least close the door to) if you feel like being alone for a while?

Show

27. - Top - End - #957
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Hmm, seeing how they translate to the same word in Swedish, I didn't actually know this.
    Wikipedia isn't especially helpful in pointing out the difference between them both either...
    Technically, a dove is a type of pigeon.

28. - Top - End - #958
    Ettin in the Playground

That's because there isn't really a difference aside from the name...

That's sad to hear. Don't you have your own room to lock yourself into (or at least close the door to) if you feel like being alone for a while?
    I do have my own room. But going in there at this time and closing the door would attract attention as my room is tiny and devoid of anything to do.
    So instead, I seek solitude in the open and hope that no one disturbs me.

I actually feel much better now that I've had dinner. I should eat more so I don't tire so easily. But it's hard to do so when you rarely feel hungry.

I just need to avoid human contact so no one makes any demands of me for the next few hours.
    Last edited by Elemental; 2012-10-11 at 06:13 AM.

Dragons!

29. - Top - End - #959
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Devmaar View Post

Technically, a dove is a type of pigeon.
    Other way around, no?
    The common city pigeon is also known as the rock dove, so the pigeon is a type of dove?
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

30. - Top - End - #960
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Other way around, no?
    The common city pigeon is also known as the rock dove, so the pigeon is a type of dove?
    Actually, according to Wikipedia, the terms pigeon and dove are interchangeable and both refer to a wider family of birds