New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 18333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1490
  1. - Top - End - #1261
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Mynxae's Maliciously Magnificent Random Banter #183

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    There is a perfectly valid reason for Daphne being a little more sexed up every so often in the new Scooby Doo. Her object of affection, Fred, is COMPLETELY oblivious. This version of friend is obsessed, absolutely obsessed, with two things. Ascots (his little necktie thing), and traps. By which I mean from things as simple as noose traps, to as complex as the machine in Mouse Trap. Guy buys a Playboy esque magazine focused around traps AND LEGITIMATELY READS IS FOR THE ARTICLES.
    . . . that has to be a satire. Also hilarious.
    As you seem to have seen this new Scooby Doo, I have a question: is it honestly worth watching?

And how do you do a Playboy-esque magazine about traps? Do they create the trap in some provocatively decorated room?
    Do they -
    oh -
    it's basically some kind of bondage Playboy magazine, but with more focus on the trap than the girl.
    Weird.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

2. - Top - End - #1262
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    . . . that has to be a satire. Also hilarious.
    As you seem to have seen this new Scooby Doo, I have a question: is it honestly worth watching?

And how do you do a Playboy-esque magazine about traps? Do they create the trap in some provocatively decorated room?
    Do they -
    oh -
    it's basically some kind of bondage Playboy magazine, but with more focus on the trap than the girl.
    Weird.
    The way the magazine works is that it's like Guns And Ammo. It's a magazine about that subject, but it also has tits.

It's worth watching. The two episodes I watched where pretty good (and had references to the Cthulhu mythos, and gave the series an overarching plotline).

The one thing I don't like is that Velma and Shaggy have a sort of romanatic relathionship. But that might just me not liking change, because I fully admit that it's handled rather well, I'm just not the biggest fan of it.

3. - Top - End - #1263

The way the magazine works is that it's like Guns And Ammo. It's a magazine about that subject, but it also has tits.
    Ah. And legitimately for the articles?
    Boy needs to get laid.

It's worth watching. The two episodes I watched where pretty good (and had references to the Cthulhu mythos, and gave the series an overarching plotline).
    I'll give it a go. Not like I've got much else to do here. Except freeze my arse off given how cold it's turned recently.

The one thing I don't like is that Velma and Shaggy have a sort of romanatic relathionship. But that might just me not liking change, because I fully admit that it's handled rather well, I'm just not the biggest fan of it.
    Velma/Shaggy?
    Nope.
    Shaggy is a confirmed bachelor who, frankly, has more in common with his dog/ambiguously labelled companion than anyone else in Mystery Inc. In fact, I'm pretty certain that if you searched ff.net or similar sites you'd find more Shaggy/Scooby fics than anything else. Hopefully humanised Scooby.
    Velma is way too good for Shaggy. They're just pairing the spares, and I definitely know more than a few people who'd rather ship Daphne/Velma than Daphne/Fred and that's pretty much canon throughout all the Scooby Doos.
    Still, if it's handled well, I can tolerate most ships. Not all, but hey, I'm only human.

Spoiler
    Show
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

4. - Top - End - #1264

Well, Scooby also has a reduced presence in the show. It's not like say, the old cartoons, where everyone was basically just things that allowed Scooby to say funny stuff.

5. - Top - End - #1265

NecromancerGuy

Well, Scooby also has a reduced presence in the show. It's not like say, the old cartoons, where everyone was basically just things that allowed Scooby to say funny stuff.
    How reduced?

Gots to get my Scoobster fix....

Ah. And legitimately for the articles?
    Boy needs to get laid.
    Ayep. I think that's the intended message, haha.

Have to admit, I always preferred Daphne/Velma myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

6. - Top - End - #1266

So the humans get a bigger part? Hopefully there's not too much Drama.

How reduced?

I think Scooby Doo's one of those few cartoons capable of uniting everyone under a nostalgia banner if they were a child with access to a television in the last fifty years.
    And then subsequently breaking into civil wars over everything about the show.

Same. I mean, Shaggy was a stoner, Fred was a blank piece of paper, and the two girls had something resembling personalities, especially in the (animated) movies.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

7. - Top - End - #1267
    Titan in the Playground

Scooby, Velma, Daphne, and Fred are just hallucinations in Shaggy's THC-poisoned mind.

Spoiler
    Show

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

8. - Top - End - #1268

How reduced?

Scooby's still in it, but he's definitly more of a mascot then "The character you come here to watch".

This by no means should be taken as a hit to quality, as this show is eons better then the old show.

So the humans get a bigger part? Hopefully there's not too much Drama.

I think Scooby Doo's one of those few cartoons capable of uniting everyone under a nostalgia banner if they were a child with access to a television in the last fifty years.
    And then subsequently breaking into civil wars over everything about the show.

Same. I mean, Shaggy was a stoner, Fred was a blank piece of paper, and the two girls had something resembling personalities, especially in the (animated) movies.
    If I recall, any dramalama's is more for comedies sake. Like Daphne trying (and failing) to very obviously get Fred's attention, and then Fred saying like "I bet your hairties could be used as a replacement for rubberbands in the trap to catch the monster, and my ascot is amazing :D"

Basically, Fred is a ditzy blonde who happens to be really smart on one thing.

9. - Top - End - #1269
    Titan in the Playground

Hey, Shag, you ready for another Doobie-Snack?

(This will proabably be my only Jay and Silent Bob reference for the next twelve hours. Promise.)

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

10. - Top - End - #1270
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SaintRidley View Post
    Is Dogma not available on DVD on your end of the pond? It's definitely worth the purchase.

Almost certainly, but try before you buy.

I disagree, Miss Curly. I'm not familiar with how much the UK censors their television, but in the US, while the movie Dogma is still funny on the telly, a lot of the edge is stripped away, and some of the comedy, but much of the plot, is based on that edge. Kevin Smith likes to work dirty and edgy and Dogma should be enjoyed in its uncensored form.
    inner circle Legionary of Resiliance
    I love my Ceikatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Not here as much. I am out Roman around.

11. - Top - End - #1271

Quote Originally Posted by Atreyu the Masked LLama View Post
    I disagree, Miss Curly. I'm not familiar with how much the UK censors their television, but in the US, while the movie Dogma is still funny on the telly, a lot of the edge is stripped away, and some of the comedy, but much of the plot, is based on that edge. Kevin Smith likes to work dirty and edgy and Dogma should be enjoyed in its uncensored form.
    Oh yes, that religion thing. I know that can be a problem in America.
    I don't think there were any cuts at all for it to be aired on UK telly or sold in the UK. When there are they tend to cut less than two minutes of film (extreme gore/sex) unless it's something really controversial.
    Besides, it's only a 15.
    Nonetheless my dear Llama, I'll still hunt it down on the telly first. It's probably on again in a week or so anyway.

Although that does lead me to wonder about British comedy. Most of our best stuff tends to be on an edge and generally more . . . cynical, at least compared to the American comedy we get over here.
    Don't exactly know what I'm trying to say here. Someone finish my thought for me.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

12. - Top - End - #1272

Don't forget the sex and violence!
    I don't think there were any cuts at all for it to be aired on UK telly or sold in the UK. When there are they tend to cut less than two minutes of film (extreme gore/sex) unless it's something really controversial.
    Besides, it's only a 15.
    Nonetheless my dear Llama, I'll still hunt it down on the telly first. It's probably on again in a week or so anyway.
    Ah, okay. In the U.S. they tend to cut lots of things, so watching a TV version can often affect the comedy level of an entire movie.
    Although that does lead me to wonder about British comedy. Most of our best stuff tends to be on an edge and generally more . . . cynical, at least compared to the American comedy we get over here.
    Don't exactly know what I'm trying to say here. Someone finish my thought for me.
    The latest British comedy I've experienced across the pond is Doc Marten and that doesn't seem very cynical.
    inner circle Legionary of Resiliance
    I love my Ceikatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Not here as much. I am out Roman around.

13. - Top - End - #1273

NecromancerGuy

Well, if you have a friend you can try before you buy and see it in the uncensored form.

And, really, that's the preferable way in my view anyway.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #1274
    Ogre in the Playground

Don't forget the sex and violence!

Ah, okay. In the U.S. they tend to cut lots of things, so watching a TV version can often affect the comedy level of an entire movie.

The latest British comedy I've experienced across the pond is Doc Marten and that doesn't seem very cynical.
    I was going to respond but then I realised I was thinking about the Reggie Perrin remake and then I remembered I've never watched Doc Marten

15. - Top - End - #1275

Ever have one of those days where you're stressed out and need sleep and just want to be antisocial, but then for some reason that's the one day that a bunch of social opportunities come up, and then you have to decide whether to take advantage of those opportunities and make yourself miserable for the sake making connections you'll be glad to have later?

*curls up into a ball*

Stupid 'umanity! Go 'way!
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

16. - Top - End - #1276

NecromancerGuy

Yep. I prefer getting out of the ball of misanthropy and depression as soon as I'm free though. In general I've found that to be the case with everyone with similar experiences that has actually exited the ball of misanthropy and depression to engage socially.

Granted, getting out of it is the tricky part anyway.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2012-10-15 at 03:13 PM.
    Homebrew

17. - Top - End - #1277
    Titan in the Playground

ION:
    There's this film I've been wanting to see for years. Dogma. In the UK it's pretty much on Film4 every month or so, so I keep meaning to catch it on the tellybox before acquiring it for myself.
    There's a standing order at home that people are to inform me when this film's on at least three days in advance.[...]
    If you have any scheduling software on your portable voice telegraph or your Antikythera mechanism*, you could always set the alarm many weeks in advance to alert you in due time.

*I just watched a documentary about the Antikythera mechanism, and they kept calling it an analog computer all the way through the program, and even though I understand that analog computers don't have to be computers per se, it still ground my gears (heh) as a programmer quite badly, as the defining characteristic of a computer is that it's programmable. I haven't been able to drop it quite yet, but ironising over it works to counteract it, at least...
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1278
    Troll in the Playground

Besides, it's only a 15.

Cynical Brits in media? Why, where have you gotten THAT idea, my dear?

*is totally a problem in America, in every way you could possibly interpret this sentence*
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

19. - Top - End - #1279
    Ettin in the Playground

Almost certainly, but try before you buy. Also I've been asking for it as a Christmas present since I was seventeen years old. Four years later, still waiting. And for Repo! The Genetic Opera.
    Another really fun movie. Zydrate comes in a little glass vial (a little glass vial) and the little glass vial goes into the gun like a battery...

I know. Number of times I've watched that video since I found out. And I'm amazed by her magic skirt. Barely moves an inch. No wonder she wears a cloak when she sits down, she didn't want to flash everyone.
    That little clip is making me want to check out that new Scooby Doo series. TVTropes tells me it's actually pretty good and rather dark.

(Also, and I know you have a thread for this, but you're already here so congratulations on your marriage. May you and you partner spend many happy years together.)
    Thank you. We shall.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

20. - Top - End - #1280
    Ogre in the Playground

And how do you do a Playboy-esque magazine about traps?
    When I first saw this I was very confused, because I was thinking of an entirely different definition of trap.

ION: Last night I dreamed I met Bob Dylan. He had stopped by before, but he came back with his entire posse and they all just walked into the room and he said he wanted to hear me play one of my songs, "One of the serious ones." He wanted to see how I played it. But then I realized it was a dream and I woke up. Such a cool dream...
    Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    That joke is older than a chicken halfway 'cross a road, Comedian.
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    This is probably the least amusing thing I've heard all week.
    Awesome avatar courtesy of Ranger Mattos.

21. - Top - End - #1281
    Ogre in the Playground

Almost certainly, but try before you buy. Also I've been asking for it as a Christmas present since I was seventeen years old. Four years later, still waiting. And for Repo! The Genetic Opera.
    I love that movie. I should rewatch it sometime... And the Zydrate gun goes somewhere against your anatomy, and when the gun goes off, it sparks, and you're ready for surgery, surgeryyyy...

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

22. - Top - End - #1282
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I really want this scarf but I have no idea whether or not I could pull it off, as it were.

Dilemma.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

23. - Top - End - #1283
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    I really want this scarf but I have no idea whether or not I could pull it off, as it were.

Dilemma.
    Do you live on a Bayside?

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    His life was over.

24. - Top - End - #1284

All the snow melted

25. - Top - End - #1285
    Ettin in the Playground

All the snow melted
    If I ever post that, you can guarantee that it will have a instead of a .
    A few odds and ends.

26. - Top - End - #1286
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    Do you live on a Bayside?
    Nah. They're just my favorite band. And in a vaguely related note, do these look Clark Kent-like?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

27. - Top - End - #1287

Completely understandable.

Hey, when the snow comes back (because it will) do you want to negotiate on me selling coolers of snow to you? Because if you have the cash I'll totally do it.

28. - Top - End - #1288
    Ettin in the Playground

Completely understandable.

Hey, when the snow comes back (because it will) do you want to negotiate on me selling coolers of snow to you? Because if you have the cash I'll totally do it.
    Hey, I'm a poor student. I can barely afford gasoline, much less imported snow.

Although, that would be hilarious to explain to the people shipping it.

"So, what exactly is in this box?"
    "Would you believe me if I said snow?"
    A few odds and ends.

29. - Top - End - #1289
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    If I ever post that, you can guarantee that it will have a instead of a .
    I concur.

*giggles* That would be absolutely hilarious.
    Last edited by Mynxae; 2012-10-15 at 09:24 PM.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    His life was over.

30. - Top - End - #1290

Completely valid points all around.

Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    I concur.
    My question/offer stands, now turning towards thou!