New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 21363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1490
  1. - Top - End - #1351
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Mynxae's Maliciously Magnificent Random Banter #183

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    Then we can have simultaneous pity parties. Sure, we live on two separate continents and are separated by at least six time zones, ice cream, fan fic, booze and eye candy are forever!
    Loser Unite!

And there was only enough alcohol for one glass.
    Somewhat ironicly I'm not a big fan of fan fics or eye candy, and I've never really tried booze so I don't know. However, I can still certainly help with the party, as it were.

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Titan in the Playground

Heh, here I'm sitting in pyjamas as well and try to determine in which ways my life beat yours, and in which ways it's the other way around. Also, wasn't your alcohol tolerance way up in the sky, Curly? You might want to take it easy on your liver...

Yeah, I should go to sleep. Exam in the early morning and my headache seems to be completely oblivious to the concept of painkillers. Oh joy.

ION:
    Now it's official, I'm going to be a lab assistent for the freshment the coming two half-semesters. I'm getting to help people with stuff I'm good at and I'm going to get paid for it as well. Jay!

Oh well, off to bed with me. Good night, everyone!
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

3. - Top - End - #1353
    Banned

I want to sleep.

I'm at work. I've been up for 30 hours, on shift for ten. Switched from my usual evening to an opening shift. I was told to wait just a moment, then I could go. An hour ago. In getting paid to sit here and not sleep. If I sleep, I don't get paid. It's hell.

But hey, it's interesting banter!
    Last edited by SiuiS; 2012-10-17 at 04:27 PM.

4. - Top - End - #1354

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Heh, here I'm sitting in pyjamas as well and try to determine in which ways my life beat yours, and in which ways it's the other way around. Also, wasn't your alcohol tolerance way up in the sky, Curly? You might want to take it easy on your liver...

Yeah, I should go to sleep. Exam in the early morning and my headache seems to be completely oblivious to the concept of painkillers. Oh joy.

ION:
    Now it's official, I'm going to be a lab assistent for the freshment the coming two half-semesters. I'm getting to help people with stuff I'm good at and I'm going to get paid for it as well. Jay!

Awesome! Have fun Teddy! And have a good night!

Man, all that stuff you're doing, I'm wondering if you'll have time for little ole me

5. - Top - End - #1355
    Troll in the Playground

Assistant? OUR teddy? Nonono, you have to take the lead on this one bro. Helping freshmen is not your proper place.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

6. - Top - End - #1356
    Ogre in the Playground

In the past few days I think I've made a friend
    Along with my growing list of acquaintances (no fewer than several of whom could become friends) I've almost got more of a social life here after about 5 weeks than I did after 12 years in Cambs

7. - Top - End - #1357
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I know what you mean Curly. Atleast you have real life friends at the very least, even if they're a relative distance away.

Also, I thought you and Thufir were an item. Sorry for being presumptious.
    Magic item?

"She means 'in a relationship'"

...Oh. Well I'm gonna make a joke about it anyway!

... It wasn't until my most recent birthday rolled around that i realized I haven't had any friends since high school.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2012-10-17 at 05:11 PM.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

8. - Top - End - #1358
    Firbolg in the Playground

Somewhat ironicly I'm not a big fan of fan fics or eye candy, and I've never really tried booze so I don't know. However, I can still certainly help with the party, as it were.
    I can understand the fanfiction, not everyone's into it, and frankly, I'm the reigning queen of fanfiction around here, so stuff.
    I think I can understand not enjoying the eye candy. Maybe. Possibly. I concede that it might be possible not to enjoy watching videos of pretty people (of any sex, gender, orientation, real or fictional). Personally, I think everyone has some kind of eye candy they enjoy, so enjoy whatever makes you happy.
    I am however intrigued by 'never really tried booze'. Was there a reason for never trying it, or you just never got around to trying it? If the latter I highly recommend martini and lemonade simply because I think it's a nice starter drink for making one's initial ventures into alcohol. It's not overpowering, but the presence is certainly there so you're actually aware of imbibing alcohol, and it tastes very nice.

Eh. We'll just have to throw an alcohol free pity party with extra films, chocolate and ice cream to make up for it. How's that?

Also, and it may be the ice cream talking, but when I eventually get to Canada, meetup?
    But I do think you're on the wrong side of the other country compared to Kneen, Gwyn and so on yes? Oh who cares, in this sugar fuelled fantasy you're at this meetup even if you live in a scientific outpost at the magnetic north pole. So, at this hypothetical meetup we shall go drinking you and I, and we shall sup on the varied brews of the icy stretches of Canada, and taste the fruity ciders of warmer climes, and imbibe the tinglingly tangy taste of the common mixer until we find the drink that calls to you; a veritable siren to your tastebuds.

I just found and drank about a third of a pints worth of straight martini over the course of an hour, occasionally mixing with fruit juice.
    My liver is fine.
    My stomach though is saying that seeing as dinner was essentially a bust (on a related note, I only realised half an hour ago I sliced a fair chunk of my thumb off while doing the spuds - not a reason for the suckiness of the dinner before you ask - they were entirely blood and flesh free) it only contains 500ml of ice cream and roughly a litre and a half of acoholic mixers. Oh, and a packet of cheesy doritos. So I might be in for a tummy ache later.
    And don't worry, still haven't gotten drunk yet. Am contemplating going on a proper bender once I find some real life friends again though. For curiosity's sake if nothing else.

Oh, and considering the news below, your life is definitely better than mine in the job/education/friends angle.

No alcohol for you then. This is most definitely a non-alcoholic pity party then.

ION:
    Now it's official, I'm going to be a lab assistant for the freshmen the coming two half-semesters. I'm getting to help people with stuff I'm good at and I'm going to get paid for it as well. Jay!

Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    I want to sleep.

I'm at work. I've been up for 30 hours, on shift for ten. Switched from my usual evening to an opening shift. I was told to wait just a moment, then I could go. An hour ago. In getting paid to sit here and not sleep. If I sleep, I don't get paid. It's hell.

But hey, it's interesting banter!
    Full of self pity, yes, but interesting nontheless.
    You in for the non-alcoholic party? We have quesedillas. I had them once in Oxford with two of my best friends. Good God they were yummy and scrummy.

Quote Originally Posted by Devmaar View Post
    In the past few days I think I've made a friend
    Along with my growing list of acquaintances (no fewer than several of whom could become friends) I've almost got more of a social life here after about 5 weeks than I did after 12 years in Cambs
    High fives!
    And how's uni at Exeter going for you Devmaar? You're in a Humanities related subject right?

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    ...Oh. Well I'm gonna make a joke about it anyway!

... It wasn't until my most recent birthday rolled around that i realized I haven't had any friends since high school.
    You have online friends though.
    Granted it's not precisely the same, but it's something.

ION:
    Yeah, I need to get my nails done, I just scratched three bloody holes in my left leg.
    Am now in search of plasters.
    And then I anticipate tomorrow's pain as I've not done my legs in a while and taking plasters off hair canes like a female dog.
    To plasters. yaaay~.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

9. - Top - End - #1359
    Ogre in the Playground

High fives!
    And how's uni at Exeter going for you Devmaar? You're in a Humanities related subject right?
    *High Fives*
    It's going great! Although I do have my first exams tomorrow...
    No, not at all. Pretty much the opposite in fact. I'm doing a combined honours in mathematics and physics.

10. - Top - End - #1360

I can understand the fanfiction, not everyone's into it, and frankly, I'm the reigning queen of fanfiction around here, so stuff.
    I think I can understand not enjoying the eye candy. Maybe. Possibly. I concede that it might be possible not to enjoy watching videos of pretty people (of any sex, gender, orientation, real or fictional). Personally, I think everyone has some kind of eye candy they enjoy, so enjoy whatever makes you happy.
    I am however intrigued by 'never really tried booze'. Was there a reason for never trying it, or you just never got around to trying it? If the latter I highly recommend martini and lemonade simply because I think it's a nice starter drink for making one's initial ventures into alcohol. It's not overpowering, but the presence is certainly there so you're actually aware of imbibing alcohol, and it tastes very nice.

Eh. We'll just have to throw an alcohol free pity party with extra films, chocolate and ice cream to make up for it. How's that?

Also, and it may be the ice cream talking, but when I eventually get to Canada, meetup?
    But I do think you're on the wrong side of the other country compared to Kneen, Gwyn and so on yes? Oh who cares, in this sugar fuelled fantasy you're at this meetup even if you live in a scientific outpost at the magnetic north pole. So, at this hypothetical meetup we shall go drinking you and I, and we shall sup on the varied brews of the icy stretches of Canada, and taste the fruity ciders of warmer climes, and imbibe the tinglingly tangy taste of the common mixer until we find the drink that calls to you; a veritable siren to your tastebuds.
    Sounds good. And yes, I'm on the wrong side of the country for any meetups, unfortunately. All the way in the NWT

However, thanks for the offer. If I could, I would. Sounds like it'd be fun.

11. - Top - End - #1361

Quote Originally Posted by Castaras View Post
    INSTANT NOSTALGIA.

Was looking through my old avatars and found this:

Spoiler
    Show

Who can people from this era of AMEN recognise...
    I wasn't around in that era and I was never in AMEN, but I still recognise quite a few of those people.

Then I believe he'd be happy that I know who he is, even if I first heard of him via Gaiman and Pratchett.
    Ditto. Yay Good Omens.
    ...and now I might have to add that to the list of things I'm going to re-read, after Nation (I've been on a Pratchett kick since watching the televisation of Going Postal a little over a month ago) and Pride and Prejudice (I want to go back to the original having been enjoying the Lizzie Bennet Diaries on youtube).

Any reason why?
    At least I can sing like/better than her.
    Also the clothing is pretty cool.
    Well, because the character is kind of a drug-addicted slut and a terrible person, whereas you're you. Those do not match up very well in my head.

Such as? :smallintrigued:
    I know my mother swears that when I get talking I don't breathe.
    That would be one. Then there's your temper. The facility with which you dream up horror stories off the top of your head. The levels of scorn you can bring to bear on things you feel are deserving of it. The fact that you're an eldritch abomination.

As someone who is actually quite shy (but better than she was) it's fairly easy if you just remember you've been chatting to this person for months. Still hard, but not as much as you'd believe.
    I was a bundle of nerves at my first UK meetup, but after a few hours or so bonding over Munchkin I was relaxed and chatty.
    An addendum to this is to realise that the internet people you're meeting are probably just as nervous as you are, or at least were just as nervous the first time they went to a meetup. Even if they don't appear so (I had no idea Curly was that nervous at her first meetup, for example).

OHMYSWEETHEAVENS!
    I had in instant nostalgia bomb that had me squeeing so loud my mother heard me downstairs in the kitchen.
    I mean, that's my old avatar there in the top left corner from before I started getting Bathatars!
    Wait, that's you?
    Huh.

ALL ABOARD THE PITY PARTY TRAIN!

I'm a twenty-one and a half year old jobless female living in her parent's front room on a Wednesday night, half in my 'jamas whining about my life on the internet.
    I'm a twenty-four and a half year old jobless male living in a bedroom too small to really do anything in, sitting in the dining room wasting my life away on the internet every night as a general rule and even failing to many of the things I want to do for myself.

I want a physical friend! The nearest non-Playground physical friend I have is in Oxford, the nearest physical Playground friend I have is in Falmouth - which is still twenty miles away - and he's all busy with a social life (I'm not complaining about his having one mind you).
    I want a female friend - or a male one who doesn't mind listening to things like seriously contemplating getting my hair cut really short and dyed and maybe going and getting a manicure or going shopping for actual clothes of a female sort rather than getting them second hand from neighbours and aunts.
    OK, you win this pity party. I do have nearby friends. And while I would happily do all of those things with you I lack the means to visit Cornwall on whim.

I want to start dating.
    And I have got literally no idea how to.
    Neither do I. I think a lot of people just make it up as they go along. Though admittedly I imagine having a pre-existing social circle kinda helps in that regard.

I just want someone I can talk to face-to-face who isn't a family member. Good God, what has my life become?
    Oh Lord, I'm nearly tearing up, I swear Christ if I'm starting my period I'm going to castrate someone.

I need a life.
    How does one going about getting those IRL?
    For a face-to-face conversation, would Skype be sufficient? Because I could do that. I'm always willing to talk to you.

As far as the acquisition of lives goes, again, I don't really know. I kind of stumbled into mine via old school friends and the choir friends and internet and G&S.

so I can whine while I whine about whining.
    Whingeception. Serp does it as well.

Also, I thought you and Thufir were an item. Sorry for being presumptious.
    You were right, at some point. Not any more, for quite a while.

What? Who doesn't like eye-candy?

And don't worry, still haven't gotten drunk yet. Am contemplating going on a proper bender once I find some real life friends again though. For curiosity's sake if nothing else.
    Come visit me and Newcastle and go on a bender up here! We're supposed to be like the best city in England for drinking or something.
    (Yeah, I'm still really curious to see what happens if you get actually drunk. Also note that if you do, I will be drinking much less than you, lest you have to carry me home)
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

12. - Top - End - #1362

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    You were right, at some point. Not any more, for quite a while.

What? Who doesn't like eye-candy?
    Awe, ok.

And naw, I just don't like what is commenly seen as womanly eyecandy. Fabio's good for tanking geese to the face and little else, when it comes to me.

13. - Top - End - #1363
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay, hopefully this doesn't stretch the page by a metre.

Quote Originally Posted by araveugnitsuga View Post
    Thou art welcomed and thanked. You are in turn a character of brobdingnagian taste and unmatched elegance.
    My mother and my sister have returned today from their voyage to Brazil; their experience confirms my recollection of Portuguese speakers understanding Spanish to a decent degree but not vice-versa, their video recordings are also rather enlightening in terms of informal Portuguese being spoken and why one should not ever enter a favela.

I do coincide that French is rather different from Latin, even if part of it is due to my bias against French.

The closest I have heard to Latin is one particular variation of Italian (or it may be a language of its own seeing as Italian "dialects" do seem to be independent languages according to academics, which has the side benefit of allowing me to qualify for polyglot.) which I heard from an uncle living in Sardinia, which I happened to understand slightly better than my mother who is fluent in Italian (mainly by virtue of hints of knowledge of Latin).
    *hugs* Thank you for your kind words and your interesting stories.

Last month's National Geographic had an article about the favelas in Rio de Janero, which authorities are trying to tame in time for the 2016 Olympics to be held there: they sound dangerous. Your mother and sister must be tough.

Why do you have a bias against French? ;____;

I realise this wasn't addressed to me, but I still feel compelled to contradict it. While I may differ from many others in my outlook, I am always happier to see people than places, and so, were I to visit Canada, wherever you were would be the place I would most want to visit.
    In that case, I would travel out of my native environs and meet you elsewhere: so that you would not repatriate with barbarous tales. So that Canada would leave you with a sweet mapley taste in your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    And when he does go to England, I shall sit here in Australia and be consumed with jealousy. But I shall strive forwards knowing that Australia is better than England. (But not when it comes to Architecture)
    And I agree. Kneenibble is fabulous.

Oh indeed. I admit that I initially chose them for cultural reasons, but they make an excellent combination.
    In fact, I shall have to see whether it is possible to cultivate such an orchid.
    Though it would likely be difficult, I shall attempt to prevail.
    Actually... It doesn't seem hard according to this description at all.

Oh, and in other news, we have an orchid that used to be my Grandma's before she died. It's nothing special, but it's soon to flower, so I might be able to upload some pictures.
    And I should plant a silky oak, but my Mum won't let me. Maybe I could convince her to let me plant a smaller variety...
    I like this name, "silky oak." It has a pleasant mouthfeel.

Please do upload your Grandma's orchid! Orchids are gorgeous [last year there was a NG article with photographs of incredible wild specimens], although I've never had the chance to cultivate one. The fanciest I get indoors is amaryllis.

Oh... Okay... It probably feels strange the first time a bird attacks your eyebrows though...
    But I am used to cats pretend biting...
    No no, she does not attack! Preening is a sign of affection, and it is very gentle. Sometimes when she sits on my shoulder she does it to my ear, and the other day for some reason she was trying to preen the very inside of my ear which caused her to smush her soft face feathers right against my cartilage. She's so cuuuuuuuute.

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Warped ideas are the best kind. I mean... Just last night, I was thinking to myself and came up with the idea of drawing a Piano Kraken. As in, a Kraken that lives inside a piano.
    Clearly, the most annoying kind of pest.
    That would be so cool. Annoying as all Hell though if you actually want to play the piano.
    Then again, I think a bookcase Kraken would either be the Best THing Ever (if you trained it to fetch and arrange your books as you wish them) or the Worst Thing Ever. Imagine getting all the slime/goo on your books! Especially your one hundred and nine year old poetic history book about some Anglo-Saxon princess whose name I can't remember but had the wonderful epithet of 'swan-necked'.
    I should like that both of these ideas become art. I'm imagining a cartoonish style half horrible, half cute.

I will brew you a tea of dried poppy pods. Your pain will dissolve like a hot spoonful of syrup.

14. - Top - End - #1364

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    So that Canada would leave you with a sweet mapley taste in your mouth.
    I am incapable of interpreting this as anything other than an innuendo. I blame my G&S friends.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

15. - Top - End - #1365
    Ogre in the Playground

I am incapable of interpreting this as anything other than an innuendo. I blame my G&S friends.
    I've run out of plausible deniability for innuendos by now, to be fair.

16. - Top - End - #1366
    Troll in the Playground

Okay, hopefully this doesn't stretch the page by a metre.

*hugs* Thank you for your kind words and your interesting stories.

Last month's National Geographic had an article about the favelas in Rio de Janero, which authorities are trying to tame in time for the 2016 Olympics to be held there: they sound dangerous. Your mother and sister must be tough.

Why do you have a bias against French? ;____;

In that case, I would travel out of my native environs and meet you elsewhere: so that you would not repatriate with barbarous tales. So that Canada would leave you with a sweet mapley taste in your mouth.

No no, she does not attack! Preening is a sign of affection, and it is very gentle. Sometimes when she sits on my shoulder she does it to my ear, and the other day for some reason she was trying to preen the very inside of my ear which caused her to smush her soft face feathers right against my cartilage. She's so cuuuuuuuute.
    Oh, its setched by a bit more than a meter.

National Geographicac? in CANADA? The name, it lies! Especially if one 99999th of its articals are actually about America, mot of those being yellowstone/Alaska!

Knee, look at your sentence. now back to me. Now back to your setence. Sadly, it makes no sense. French is the language of the seductor devil after he got drunk and slurred his Spanish.

... Yeah, i got innuendo too.

Uhhh, I think she wants your brains.
    Spoiler
    Show
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    don't feed the troll...

17. - Top - End - #1367
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    National Geographicac? in CANADA? The name, it lies! Especially if one 99999th of its articals are actually about America, mot of those being yellowstone/Alaska!
    BUT it is the same National Geographic as USA! I didn't name it that ;_____;

Knee, look at your sentence. now back to me. Now back to your setence. Sadly, it makes no sense. French is the language of the seductor devil after he got drunk and slurred his Spanish.

... Yeah, i got innuendo too.

Uhhh, I think she wants your brains.
    Hmm, that would explain why she bites my eyelids too... I thought she was curling my eyelashes for me, but she must have been trying to find another way in.

*dizzy* But have you ever felt French in your mouth? Its elegant contours, its lilting rhythm, its consonants like buttered water chestnuts? Spanish is all dancing red flame; French is a glassy ribbon of water spread across a granite boulder.

Oh, its setched by a bit more than a meter.
    Is that
    Is that an innuendo?

18. - Top - End - #1368
    Troll in the Playground

BUT it is the same National Geographic as USA! I didn't name it that ;_____;
    BUT IT IS OBVIOUSLY INTERNATIONAL!

Hmm, that would explain why she bites my eyelids too... I thought she was curling my eyelashes for me, but she must have been trying to find another way in.
    She wants Knee brains!

*dizzy* But have you ever felt French in your mouth? Its elegant contours, its lilting rhythm, its consonants like buttered water chestnuts? Spanish is all dancing red flame; French is a glassy ribbon of water spread across a granite boulder.
    It definitely has a beautiful rhythm to speak, but the language of our modern times is not the French of old. A hundred years ago, it would be the epitome of... damn, sexy french. But the language is contaminated by the cheese eating surrender monkeys of our day, who don't actually eat much cheese or surrender much.
    Is that
    Is that an innuendo?
    Maaaaaayyybe. Now, "oh, you stretched it a bit more than that", THAT'd be a blatant joke far beneath any of us.smallwink
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2012-10-17 at 08:20 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...

19. - Top - End - #1369
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh, dear. I've missed a lot in the few hours I was gone.

Everyone's posting incredibly long lists...
    Too much to respond to/blithely ignore...

Maybe I'll actually respond to some of it!

Edit: And responses! (one at a time)

=
    It definitely has a beautiful rhythm to speak, but the language of our modern times is not the French of old. A hundred years ago, it would be the epitome of... damn, sexy french. But the language is contaminated by the cheese eating surrender monkeys of our day, who don't actually eat much cheese or surrender much.
    Bah! French is a wonderful language; it can be made just as smooth or harsh as you need it to be (as long as you don't plan on yelling all day; then you're better off with German or Russian (although neither of those are "romance" languages)). Kneenibble describes French perfectly.

Also, I think you mean two hundred years ago (not to knock France's involvement in WWI, but Napoleon's era was far more impressive). The phrase lingua franca didn't just appear out of thin air, you know.

Schweet!

"Silly freshmen, you cannot do labs by yourself! In fact, I get paid to keep you on track!"

ION: Found some ginger snaps. I love ginger snaps. They're almost as good as molasses cookies (which are, by far (excepting ginger snaps, naturally; those are much closer), my favorite).
    Last edited by Amidus Drexel; 2012-10-17 at 08:56 PM.
    A few odds and ends.

20. - Top - End - #1370
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    Oh, dear. I've missed a lot in the few hours I was gone.

Everyone's posting incredibly long lists...
    Too much to respond to/blithely ignore...

Maybe I'll actually respond to some of it!

ION: Found some ginger snaps. I love ginger snaps. They're almost as good as molasses cookies (which are, by far (excepting ginger snaps, naturally; those are much closer), my favorite).
    You missed your own wedding, is what you did.

I DIDNT POST ANYTHING THAT LONG.

Respond to nothing. Makes it easier to catch up.

Ginger snaps are good. But too gingery, and gah gingertaste is all gah. Go oatmeal yourself, I say to ginger.
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...

21. - Top - End - #1371
    Ettin in the Playground

You missed your own wedding, is what you did.
    I highly doubt I'd miss my own wedding. (not like I'd announce it to the world if I did, either. )

I DIDNT POST ANYTHING THAT LONG.

Respond to nothing. Makes it easier to catch up.

Ginger snaps are good. But too gingery, and gah gingertaste is all gah. Go oatmeal yourself, I say to ginger.
    Pfft. Too late for that now!
    A few odds and ends.

22. - Top - End - #1372

NecromancerGuy

She wants Knee brains!
    Knee Brains, you say? Like brontomasaurii had?

ION: I washed dishes in a bucket and had to use plastic bags as a substitute for a proper waste disposal system today.

It's like I'm camping!

IO,ON: I just spent from 11:30 AM to about 3:30 PM taking free furniture and groceries out of one of my neighbour's homes because she had to move into a nursing home and her progeny couldn't be arsed to handle her affairs, so most of her really, really good quality furniture was being dumped into a dumpster by the realtor.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2012-10-17 at 09:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

23. - Top - End - #1373
    Ettin in the Playground

ION: I washed dishes in a bucket and had to use plastic bags as a substitute for a proper waste disposal system today.

It's like I'm camping!

IO,ON: I just spent from 11:30 AM to about 3:30 PM taking free furniture and groceries out of one of my neighbour's homes because she had to move into a nursing home and her progeny couldn't be arsed to handle her affairs, so most of her really, really good quality furniture was being dumped into a dumpster by the realtor.
    What, you don't like camping?
    (I take it the issue is that you are forced to do so at your house, rather than a dislike for the camping)

Well, free furniture is always good, although it sucks that no one in her family felt like helping her out. Did you get anything good out of it?
    A few odds and ends.

24. - Top - End - #1374
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

It's like I'm camping!

So why not yoink what she had and free craigslist the rest? I bet most of the stuff could be gone by the end of the day with little work on your part other than putting something on CL.

25. - Top - End - #1375

Mm, Spirit Week is making me happy. I skipped Pajama Day, Twin Day, and Superhero Day, but I'm doing GenderBender Day tomorrow, and I'mquite pleased with the results. I'll have to get p a bit earlier in order to apply the make-up, but I have seven fake mustaches, boxers, a nice 'boy' t-shirt, and a pair of pants that currently ride incredibly low.

Now that I'm wearing them right now. After all the clothes-changing, I whimsically decided to put myself in a full suit+bow tie.

Since I was taking off the make-up anyway, I also had fun being in malemclothes, male make-up, and then adding bright, bright red lipstick.

All in all, it's not too shabby considering I only got started at four this afternoon and first did a test an hour ago. ^.^

Pictures tomorrow! I'll make an effort to put the most masculine picture next to another picture of me wearing a dress and doing whatever ridiculous things I'll have to do in order to be 'presentable' for homecoming.

ION: I am in love with the nights before block days. Seriously, half as much homework is the greatest godsend I could get.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #1376

NecromancerGuy

What, you don't like camping?
    (I take it the issue is that you are forced to do so at your house, rather than a dislike for the camping)

Well, free furniture is always good, although it sucks that no one in her family felt like helping her out. Did you get anything good out of it?
    Yeah, got some fun times with the utilities and paychecks so I'm without water for, like, 3 days.

At least I'm a guy and not married to indoor plumbing, is all I can say. It just wouldn't work if I was having to singlehandedly haul water in buckets for three people to be able to use the plumbing.

As for the haul...
    Spoiler
    Show

Got some shelves. An oldschool pushmower that seems to be in working order. Couple of mirrors, a nice dresser, enough miscellaneous frozen food that my freezer is now completely full. I filled a... I think 5 gallon bucket full of all of the ice packs that were otherwise just going to get thrown out.

There was also a working type writer and a box full of vintage Easy Rider magazines that I'm not sure what we're going to do with them, but my flatmate insisted that I grab for her.

Couple of bookshelves, and a rug. A soldering iron that should work, one of those ladies' swivel mirrors that you put on a dresser and sit and use to apply makeup.

A granite or possibly marble slab that's big enough, if I sanitize it, to be used for such things as need such a thing in the kitchen, a bunch of gardening mesh, a sickle, some sheers, a backup snow shovel, a shovel, several lawnchairs. Couple of buckets. Bunch of blankets and towels and rugs/doormats/bathmats. I think some placemats which I don't know if I'll be able to put to any use, but they were bundled in with the rest, and I can use them for scrap fabric, I think, if no one is interested and I can't come up with a better use or save them for when/if I get to the point in my life where placemats are something relevant to me.

Kind of annoyed that I got there when I did, because they'd already dumped a nice table and a perfectly good twin bed, frame, box springs, mattress, and sheets into the dumpster before i got there, and while there wasn't anything on it and I could have gotten it out, it would have been a 2-3 person job to do so without hurting either myself or the swag.

I thought someone had set aside the television and television center as well, but it turns out they were just saving tossing that in the dumpster for last, so that was a rather horrible noise.

Other than that it was mostly knicknacks and some of the utility shelving and such that got tossed. Like, 4 boxes of just nothing but mugs went out there.

I don't know how they managed to get the fully functional antique freezer out of the basement though. If I'd have been able to and had some friends I'd have taken that thing in a heartbeat, because it was beautifully retro and pretty darn good at keeping cold.

Quote Originally Posted by HairyGuy4 View Post
    So why not yoink what she had and free craigslist the rest? I bet most of the stuff could be gone by the end of the day with little work on your part other than putting something on CL.
    I didn't find out till today what was what, the neighbors that were helping her had to set aside a bunch of stuff in order to help her pay her end of hiring the guys to clear out the house are a 77 year old woman and a nurse who works 10-12 hour shifts and so was only able to really deal with it at night.

I spent several hours just getting the stuff I wanted out of there. x.x
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2012-10-17 at 10:31 PM.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #1377
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    Mm, Spirit Week is making me happy. I skipped Pajama Day, Twin Day, and Superhero Day, but I'm doing GenderBender Day tomorrow, and I'mquite pleased with the results. I'll have to get p a bit earlier in order to apply the make-up, but I have seven fake mustaches, boxers, a nice 'boy' t-shirt, and a pair of pants that currently ride incredibly low.

Now that I'm wearing them right now. After all the clothes-changing, I whimsically decided to put myself in a full suit+bow tie.

Since I was taking off the make-up anyway, I also had fun being in malemclothes, male make-up, and then adding bright, bright red lipstick.

All in all, it's not too shabby considering I only got started at four this afternoon and first did a test an hour ago. ^.^
    ...*shakes head and sighs*

Moonie... guys dont spend hours doing makeup. Also, what is "make up"? (Pictures, they will be funny. But a suit/tie is more distinguished. Also also, genderbender day? Impressive school...
    ION: I am in love with the nights before block days. Seriously, half as much homework is the greatest godsend I could get.
    Yeah, lack of homework is wonderful. PSAT day today, I feel decent on the non-math, and I got a day to be a complete lazy slob. And then go to the dentist and be sad.

I highly doubt I'd miss my own wedding. (not like I'd announce it to the world if I did, either. )

Pfft. Too late for that now!
    Bah, aren't you SUPPOSED to let us know you aren't available anymore? Boooooo.

It's like I'm camping!

Coid my brother... I feel like making a Calvin&Hobbes joke. But I cannot figure which one. So just go read the camp strips and get back to me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...

28. - Top - End - #1378

*Moony's First Crossdressing*
    Omaigawd it's so adorable I want to eat you up

Also be careful the pants don't ride TOO low.

29. - Top - End - #1379

NecromancerGuy

There's something wrong with this graf, but I can't quite place my finger on it.

I must admit though, I had thought low-rise pants were a female fashion that had jumped the gender gap to men's pants.

And I don't think that's quite the term for when pants have an inseam that affords room for a pair of socks.

Coid my brother... I feel like making a Calvin&Hobbes joke. But I cannot figure which one. So just go read the camp strips and get back to me.
    I've forgotten all about those, haha. x,x
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2012-10-17 at 10:42 PM.
    Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #1380

<grumbles> I meant the make-up I need to make my face more masculine. Y'know, turning my eyebrows into hedges, adding a light dusting of 'stubble'. Not everything will be achieved by the fake mustaches.

...*shakes head and sighs*

Moonie... guys dont spend hours doing makeup. Also, what is "make up"? (Pictures, they will be funny. But a suit/tie is more distinguished. Also also, genderbender day? Impressive school...Yeah, lack of homework is wonderful. PSAT day today, I feel decent on the non-math, and I got a day to be a complete lazy slob. And then go to the dentist and be sad.
    Girls don't either. They spend /days/.

Actually, afterwards, when I was fooling around, I did switch into a regular button-down shirt of mine that happens to be meant for dudes, then added a blazer with matching suit pants. And a bow tie. ^.^ It worked, altohugh the numbers of layers freaked me right out. (I'm still bad at wearing double layered clothes. I used to just use sweatshirts as normal shirts on really cold days to avoid wearing double-layers.)
    Yeah. I love my school. In the middle of sixth period today a batman-voice impersonator told everyone over the intercom that whoever was dressed as a superhero to go meet up at 'headquarters'. I ran into Doctor Horrible in the first five minutes before school, who reported that they were going to take over the band-room piano and play 'My Eyes' during class. Twin Day (where everyone participating was attempting to be identical with a partner) had one kid come in holding a potted plant labeled '[His] Twin' while wearing a gillie suit.

My school rocks.

Omaigawd it's so adorable I want to eat you up

Also be careful the pants don't ride TOO low.
    You get pictures. Do you also want the picture of me wearing lipstick and otherwise trying to look like a guy? They're quite entertaining.

Actually, they pants, even when totally low-riding, are completely covered by the t-shirt. <grumbles> It's quite annoying, as the boxers were a nice touch, IMO.

There's something wrong with this graf, but I can't quite place my finger on it.

I must admit though, I had thought low-rise pants were a female fashion that had jumped the gender gap to men's pants.

And I don't think that's quite the term for when pants have an inseam that affords room for a pair of socks.

I didn't know that. I don't recall ever seeing that...

What term? I didn't even mention the pants, IIRC.
    Last edited by MoonCat; 2012-10-17 at 10:59 PM.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show