New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2338394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1490
  1. - Top - End - #1411
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Default Re: Mynxae's Maliciously Magnificent Random Banter #183

I just opened a can of lemonade. It's far too sweet. When did lemonade become too sweet?

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

2. - Top - End - #1412
    Ettin in the Playground

I find there's two types of lemonade. There's the 7-Up/Sprite kind which is made according to the secret recipe of "50% water, 50% sugar - what do you mean there's supposed to be lemon in it?".

The other sort is "cloudy lemonade". This tends to be much sharper than the other kinds and often has pulped lemons in it. It can still be fairly sweet but the taste is less drowned out by sugar. It's usually still rather than sparkling.

3. - Top - End - #1413
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    You British people certainly do. Probably because your weather is so dismal.
    Take that! I can throw national stereotypes around too!
    Hey! We had several sunny days this summer.

Edit: *screams in frustration*
    Why didn't anyone tell me Fur Elise was in three eight time?!?!?
    And I made such a nice four four time signature too...
    Why didn't you take a few seconds to think what time signature it was in before making the wrong one?
    I mean, I only really know the start of Fur Elise, but I could immediately tell there was no way it was in 4/4.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

4. - Top - End - #1414

Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post
    I find there's two types of lemonade. There's the 7-Up/Sprite kind which is made according to the secret recipe of "50% water, 50% sugar - what do you mean there's supposed to be lemon in it?".

The other sort is "cloudy lemonade". This tends to be much sharper than the other kinds and often has pulped lemons in it. It can still be fairly sweet but the taste is less drowned out by sugar. It's usually still rather than sparkling.
    While I will disagree with you there, I feel that 7-Up is in a category of its own, I will agree with you that there are three to four types of lemonade.

7-Up variety
    Water/sugar variety
    Trying to be lemon flavour variery
    Actually lemonade

This was the second, and most common variery, water/sugar. It may be* because I have been severely cutting back on sweet things (I want to maintain my fitness), but I honestly don't remember it being this sickly sweet.

*Ok, almost certainly is.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

5. - Top - End - #1415
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    I just opened a can of lemonade. It's far too sweet. When did lemonade become too sweet?
    Which brand?

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    I know. But I know of several non-dangerous native plants and animals.
    I guess Britain and Australia are even... For now...

Why didn't you take a few seconds to think what time signature it was in before making the wrong one?
    I mean, I only really know the start of Fur Elise, but I could immediately tell there was no way it was in 4/4.
    My brain broke.
    And I only really know the start as well. Which I was transcribing from memory after not seeing a piece of sheet music for it for years and four four time is really easy to produce in vector form, but three eight is hard and now I'm not going to bother with a key signature.
    And in my defence... I forgot that there is an anacrusis equivalent to a beat and that everything is semiquavers and because I can only remember the first bar plus anacrusis from the top of my head and thought they were quavers I assumed that it was a four four bar!

Sorry... Run on sentences because art is hard. And anyway, I don't know why I bothered with it to begin with... I'm only using the first six notes of the song.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

6. - Top - End - #1416
    Bugbear in the Playground

I think your problem is that you are drinking lemonade out of a can. I've never had good lemonade from a can. But perhaps that's just because I eat lemons by themselves and think that they should be free of the corruption of water.

And I only really know the start as well. Which I was transcribing from memory after not seeing a piece of sheet music for it for years and four four time is really easy to produce in vector form, but three eight is hard and now I'm not going to bother with a key signature.
    Well, you don't have to bother with a key signature because it's in A minor.
    Last edited by Dimonite; 2012-10-18 at 09:26 AM.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

7. - Top - End - #1417

Which brand?
    Kirks. A very decent softdrink brand.

8. - Top - End - #1418
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Indeed you guys did and it was lovely. The very first interaction I had once I got into Birmingham over the summer was one of the leaders from Ireland apologizing for the weather only for me to tell her it had just been 49 C back in the states. She then swore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

9. - Top - End - #1419
    Ogre in the Playground

Haha! Take that physics tests.! I crush you beneath my mighty intellect!

Except for the handful of questions I couldn't do, and the mistakes I may have made...
    Last edited by Devmaar; 2012-10-18 at 09:49 AM.

10. - Top - End - #1420
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    Well, you don't have to bother with a key signature because it's in A minor.
    Brain malfunctioning... I meant time signature!

Kirks. A very decent softdrink brand.
    Indeed. A bad batch perhaps?

Anyway, it's really late.
    Goodnight everyone!
    Last edited by Elemental; 2012-10-18 at 09:58 AM.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

11. - Top - End - #1421
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Man, all that stuff you're doing, I'm wondering if you'll have time for little ole me
    Well, given that "all that stuff" indeed means "all that stuff", I guess the answer should be "yes". I sometimes feel like I'm really busy, but then I look back at my life and realise how much time I actually spend doing something completely pointless. And then I go back to playing FTL.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    Assistant? OUR teddy? Nonono, you have to take the lead on this one bro. Helping freshmen is not your proper place.
    Actually, it's more like this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    Schweet!

"Silly freshmen, you cannot do labs by yourself! In fact, I get paid to keep you on track!"
    Which will be a great source of enjoyment. Also, I bask in the light of minds enlightened. I would become a teacher wouldn't I become something I want to become even more instead.

I just found and drank about a third of a pints worth of straight martini over the course of an hour, occasionally mixing with fruit juice.
    My liver is fine.
    My stomach though is saying that seeing as dinner was essentially a bust (on a related note, I only realised half an hour ago I sliced a fair chunk of my thumb off while doing the spuds - not a reason for the suckiness of the dinner before you ask - they were entirely blood and flesh free) it only contains 500ml of ice cream and roughly a litre and a half of acoholic mixers. Oh, and a packet of cheesy doritos. So I might be in for a tummy ache later.
    And don't worry, still haven't gotten drunk yet. Am contemplating going on a proper bender once I find some real life friends again though. For curiosity's sake if nothing else.
    See, the day when you actually set out to get drunk for real, you'll going to end up on the emergency ward for critical liver failure. And that wouldn't be a good thing.

Oh, and considering the news below, your life is definitely better than mine in the job/education/friends angle.
    Yeah, probably. Given, the job is only 25% at most, but then again, I don't actually need it per se either. It'll just look good on my resume, and allows me to do something mostly useful.

And I suppose I'm lucky who can go to university in the town where I grew up. I don't have to run out of friends just because I'm going home over the weekend, seeing how I still live with my parents. I intend to move out some day, but I'm just way too comfortable with my life as it is, and I'll miss my little brother (the older, especially)...

No alcohol for you then. This is most definitely a non-alcoholic pity party then.
    Yeah. Given, I could need some strong booze right now, but since I'm still going on painkillers, I probably should refrain from drinking for a while...

Congratulations!
    Thanks! And thanks to all of you whose congratulation-similies I either cut out or didn't bother to move here because I'm seriously not in the mood to excert myself right now...

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I will brew you a tea of dried poppy pods. Your pain will dissolve like a hot spoonful of syrup.
    Thanks. I could really need something like that right now. Especially with added sugar.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    Just realized every single word in that last sentence had an apostrophe. I'm either turning into Sweden, or I'm turning really, really, really American.
    I suppose this is some sort of reference (Hetalia?), seeing how the Swedish language is pretty much void of apostrophes...

Quote Originally Posted by Feytalist View Post
    "Just one more chapter" has caused more work delays than I care to admit. And at least one failed test.
    Just one more level, just one more turn. Authors were the true predecessors in the search for the ultimate way of ensuring addiction in your recipients.

ION:
    Exam went straight to Hell and I missed the train. The day started good, I was up in due time, my exam code was really easy to memorise, I left the house in good time and arrived at the exam hall in good time as well...

Except, it wasn't the right exam hall.

You see, I always double-check my facts, because I'm constantly worried that I'll get something wrong, and my worries are always baseless, because I've actually got a pretty good memory. On the other hand, there seems to be a law dictating that the more prepared I am for something, the less likely it is to happen, and the same applies to oversights, so at those rare times when I forget or otherwise neglect to double-check something, it's pretty much guaranteed to be wrong. And this was one of those cases.

I pretty much immediatly realise that something is wrong when I get to the exam hall I though we would be at, as my course isn't listed on the table for placement along the bench rows. Now, I'm going to be late, but they let you in up to half an hour after the exam has started, and I've got my computer with me, so I just open it up and check my mail for where the exam actually is taking place. I recognise the street name, but I can't quite place it in the sudden stress, so I open up our friendly neighbourhood map searching tool and enter the street adress. From the look of the area, I recognise it as a place on the other end of the town, and immediately jump up on my bike to get there.

After a quarter, I'm finally there, but something isn't right. For a starter, the street number isn't right, and neither is the street, but I figure the uni has another exam hall in the general area. Low office rent and all that. It isn't until I've gone to all the bounds of the area I should search within that I stop and realise something must be seriously wrong.

I once again dig out my computer from my backpack, thank the heavens for not raining upon me and open it up. I once again study the map, and I notice a name written not far from the marker I'm heading for. That name is the name of the industrial area on the other side of the town from where I'm standing now, and I've got ~5 minutes left before they lock the doors, i.e. it's a pointless effort.

Now, I'd agreed to meet up with a coursemate after the exam to work on a school project, and due to a lack of useful means of communications (you can't text someone taking an exam, as they might've forgotten to turn off their phone), I figured the only reliable way of getting in contact was just to wait him out. So, I get to the exam hall somewhere close to 10 minutes after they've locked the doors, so I've got nothing to do but to, curled up in a miserable little ball, sit down on the cold concrete and hope he'll finish soon. It's quite cold outside, and I deeply regretted not bringing a cap, even though caps work quite badly together with bicycle helmets.

After one hour and 20 minutes, our lecturer arrives, and he cheerfully greets me with an "Already finished?". I tell him my predicament, and he goes into deep contemplation, trying to figure out some way he can solve it for me that doesn't include waiting until the middle of January. Sadly, doing something like that would run into the problem with prejudice (the "30 minutes - locked doors" rule is an anti-cheating meassure, and if he lets me through, he'll have to do it to others as well), and I'll tell him that there isn't much to do it, and that I'll just have to retake the exam. At least I could follow him through the door to the lobby, where I could warm myself and talk to the friends who already have finished the exam (not many by then, but still). My time outside had frozen me to the bones, and it took another hour to just thaw up again.

I'm just happy I didn't have to wait the following two and a half hours it took for my friend to finish the exam waiting outside. Being cold helped getting my thoughts off why I was there in the first case, but ~4 hours would've been borderline dangerous...

The worst part is that I was so prepared for this exam. I would in all likelyhood have gotten the top grade. And then I miss it all because I forget to double-check my facts. Twice. So I'm in a sort of foul mood, and the almost hour spent biking around town at top speed, followed by an hour and 20 minutes spent trying as efficiently as possible to drop my body temperature as low as possible, will most likely cause me to crash in a full-blown cold tomorrow. If I'm lucky.
    Jay.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1422
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Well, given that "all that stuff" indeed means "all that stuff", I guess the answer should be "yes". I sometimes feel like I'm really busy, but then I look back at my life and realise how much time I actually spend doing something completely pointless. And then I go back to playing FTL.

The worst part is that I was so prepared for this exam. I would in all likelyhood have gotten the top grade. And then I miss it all because I forget to double-check my facts. Twice. So I'm in a sort of foul mood, and the almost hour spent biking around town at top speed, followed by an hour and 20 minutes spent trying as efficiently as possible to drop my body temperature as low as possible, will most likely cause me to crash in a full-blown cold tomorrow. If I'm lucky.
    Jay.
    Hey now, having fun is never pointless

Oh dear . I hope you get better soon! And that really is unfortunate X_X

13. - Top - End - #1423
    Ogre in the Playground

Wow

I am very glad my studies are all on one campus.
    *hugs Teddy*

14. - Top - End - #1424

NecromancerGuy

Teddy: I think it might be a reference to the swedish chef. Or possibly that swedes or at least swedish-americans have a tendency to drop letters/syllables from words, regardless of whether there are apostrophes in the formal syntax or not.

I'm leaning towards the former, though, honestly, as I can't remember anything about the Swedish-Americans other than that they live in the cheese-producing states predominantly and may or may not be responsible for the Minnesotan accent.

Edit: But women like the truth! It's desirable!
    Where did you get that idea? People hate the truth. They say they want it, but they can't handle the truth!
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

15. - Top - End - #1425
    Bugbear in the Playground

*so many hugs for Teddy*
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

16. - Top - End - #1426
    Ogre in the Playground

Teeeeeeddyyyyyy. ;____;
    I'm sorry this has happened. If anyone ever needed a budgie hug, it is you!

I will make you poppy-pod tea, then, syrupy with wildflower honey. For a few hours you will be as a hot air balloon hovering carefree a kilometre above the earth.

It does indeed. Unfortunately, they grow rather tall and there is nowhere that my Mother would allow me to plant one.

Well, as I said, it's nothing too special. Definitely not rare or anything...
    If I remember correctly, Mum said that Dad just brought it home when Grandma moved out of her old place a few years and put it down the side of the house. It has since flourished.
    I do believe the shady conditions there are perfect for it. As well as for numerous opportunistic ferns. I think we may have one or two other orchids, but they're not near flowering.
    Ahahahahaha...hahaha...haha. Oh yes. You can grow orchids outside there! How fabulous. I was at first imagining a potted heirloom plant on a windowsill, which was rather hibernocentric of me.

I love shade gardens. I transplanted some hostas and bleeding hearts to a shady patch in my garden at the end of September, and I look forward to their beauty in the spring. I also have some foxglove seeds I'm going to plant in another shady area.

Attack here was merely used as a term to emphasise the intensity with which she focuses on her self imposed task. But I am rather ticklish, so I fear that my uncontrolled laughter may disturb her.
    That is often the case when the cat plays with my hand. The pain is minimal as she drags her teeth across my skin in a playful imitation of hunting, but it does tickle rather a lot.
    Her claws on the other hand...
    I love when cats do that. Especially when they roll on their back, inviting a bellyrub, and then once your hand is deep in the fluff they trap it there in a jagged ticklish-painful vice.

So long as you kept your hand still, Mabel would not be discouraged by your laughter. She would preen your eyebrows, and peck your tear ducts, eyelashes, and nose while she was at it. <3 I love when she gets nibbly.

Well... I'm not sure what style I shall employ yet. But I will attempt to base my images off actual cephalopods.
    Okay... You accept Cephalopodan, but not cephalopod?

When I am done, I shall link the finished artwork to you. Perhaps I shall produce a short comic strip involving the aforementioned Kraken and the individual attempting to play the piano.
    Unfortunately, I drew the piano from the back such that the expressions of the musician were visible as they encountered problems with their playing.
    Also... The keyboard was causing me to great distress.
    I look forward to seeing it, whatever you do!

See I thought Fur Elise opened with semiquaver triplets for some reason, and checking the sheet music I'm dead wrong -- so you're not the only one who would make a mistake at first.

Nonsense. I always do my best to interpret the things you say such that they are completely innuendo free. That way, I am able to enjoy your poetic speech more easily.
    *is conservative and old-fashioned*
    That is a greater kindness than I deserve, unfortunately.
    Although I don't direct my innuendos at you out of respect for that very reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    We don't like them monocles in these here parts...
    Yes, I imagine you [plural] don't -- I have broken quite a few reading Cobra's posts, who seems to delight in titillating my active imagination, the scrumptious bastard.
    Last edited by Kneenibble; 2012-10-18 at 01:23 PM.

17. - Top - End - #1427
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Devmaar View Post
    Wow

I am very glad my studies are all on one campus.
    *hugs Teddy*
    The stupid part is that I have all my lectures and classes in a 100 metres radius area, and there is an exam hall in there as well which we practically never uses. Then there are two bigger buildings with two exam halls each located in the industrial areas of the town, one in each end, and neither of these buildings is anywhere close to any other part of the university (which in turn are scattered all over the southern half of the town).

I think the reason is low rental costs, which sounds reasonable to strive for when you're talking about buildings the size of a larger sport hall that only are in use 2 weeks at a time 4 times each year...

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Teeeeeeddyyyyyy. ;____;
    I'm sorry this has happened. If anyone ever needed a budgie hug, it is you!

I will make you poppy-pod tea, then, syrupy with wildflower honey. For a few hours you will be as a hot air balloon hovering carefree a kilometre above the earth.
    Yes, this is exactly what I need. Something warm and fluid that will make me forget everything and let me go to bed with a smile on my lips. I think I'll make myself a large cup of tea (hmm, I wonder if my OotS mug has gone through the dishwasher since this morning) and take another dose of painkillers. That should at least make my attempts at sleeping painless.

Also, thank you all for your hugs. Your sympathies are really heartwarming when I've had a bad day.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1428
    Ogre in the Playground

Also, thank you all for your hugs. Your sympathies are really heartwarming when I've had a bad day.
    I'd say it's what I do, but I'd feel I was stealing Cobra's schtick

19. - Top - End - #1429

Yes, this is exactly what I need. Something warm and fluid that will make me forget everything and let me go to bed with a smile on my lips. I think I'll make myself a large cup of tea (hmm, I wonder if my OotS mug has gone through the dishwasher since this morning) and take another dose of painkillers. That should at least make my attempts at sleeping painless.

If I could, I'd be a big warm blanket for you to feel better. Get better soon man *hugs tightly*

20. - Top - End - #1430
    Titan in the Playground

I have come to the conclusion that I should not be allowed to own hats. My first top hat, I took on a pub crawl and didn't bring it back. My trilby, the signature one that my avatar wears, I lost many months ago, I know not where. And now my pride and joy, my genuine Australian Snowy River Akubra bush hat is missing, and I can't for the life of me remember where I last had it. I expect the only reason I still have my second top hat is because it's been sat on my shelf unworn for ages.

The trilby is replaceable, if I can be bothered. The Snowy River hat I got on the other side of the world, and cost $120 AUD. It is not replaceable, and its loss makes me very sad.
    Quotebox
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalirren View Post
    The only person in the past two pages who has known what (s)he has been talking about is Heliomance.
    Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    I just don't want to have long romantic conversations or any sort of drama with my computer, okay? It knows what kind of porn I watch. I don't want to mess that up by allowing it to judge any of my choices in romance.

Wish building characters for D&D 3.5 was simpler? Try HeroForge Anew! An Excel-based, highly automated character builder. v7.4 now out!

21. - Top - End - #1431

See, I have increased my hat collection from 1 to 6 in the last 2 months...
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

22. - Top - End - #1432
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Heliomance View Post
    I have come to the conclusion that I should not be allowed to own hats. My first top hat, I took on a pub crawl and didn't bring it back. My trilby, the signature one that my avatar wears, I lost many months ago, I know not where. And now my pride and joy, my genuine Australian Snowy River Akubra bush hat is missing, and I can't for the life of me remember where I last had it. I expect the only reason I still have my second top hat is because it's been sat on my shelf unworn for ages.

The trilby is replaceable, if I can be bothered. The Snowy River hat I got on the other side of the world, and cost $120 AUD. It is not replaceable, and its loss makes me very sad.
    Sorry for your loss, Helio. Maybe it will turn up eventually...

I've got a thing for hats, but have never really got used to wearing them. I wear a hat (well, a cap, really) more now that I'm in college than ever just because usually I wake up so late that I am unable and/or unwilling to comb my hair. What I really want is a Huck Finn cap, something to play gigs in, but I can't find one. I've been forced to go topless.
    Last edited by Tragic_Comedian; 2012-10-18 at 07:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    That joke is older than a chicken halfway 'cross a road, Comedian.
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    This is probably the least amusing thing I've heard all week.
    Awesome avatar courtesy of Ranger Mattos.

23. - Top - End - #1433
    Pixie in the Playground

A gentlemanly shark just joined this thread. I do believe that this thread just grew a mite more random.

Just a thought.

24. - Top - End - #1434
    Titan in the Playground

Hats:

I once knew a guy who frequently wore three fedorae and a gasmask. One of the fedorae was red-and-black plaid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Reingo View Post
    A gentlemanly shark just joined this thread. I do believe that this thread just grew a mite more random.

Just a thought.
    Hi!
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #1435
    Troll in the Playground

Just a thought.
    Greetings! Salutations! Baaaaaah!

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    See, I have increased my hat collection from 1 to 6 in the last 2 months...
    Hats. They coo'. Also, automatic sexiness.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

26. - Top - End - #1436

I came here with an undyed wool handknit toque. Since then, I have acquired, in order: the hat from the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, a grey-blue-silver ex-soviet military ushanka, a sparkly cheap plastic magician's top hat, and now a white top hat (slightly dirty) and a white bowler (not quite as dirty). And a white wig too.

I had a nice straw trilby, as pictured here:
    Spoiler
    Show

But it disappeared.

I also had a fake ex-soviet Ushanka when I was younger, pictured here, but it doesn't fit me anymore:
    Spoiler
    Show

I had a white trilby too, but I got mustard stains on it by accident and it never came out.
    Spoiler
    Show

And I also had a normal trilby which seems to have disappeared? Or did I leave it at home? I can't remember.

I also have a gasmask though.
    Spoiler
    Show

There are a few other pictures of hats that I've only ever worn once, and oh apparently when I was just a babe I had a hat too
    Spoiler
    Show

But yeah.

The story of Gwyn's life in hats.

Oh, the bel-air hat kinda looks like this:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll; 2012-10-18 at 08:39 PM.

- Albert Camus

What. Is. This. Madness.

27. - Top - End - #1437
    Pixie in the Playground

Greetings to everyone who said hello to me, who I can't be bothered to quote.

You'll find that's one of my most fun features. Well, that and pedantry.
    Last edited by Sir Reingo; 2012-10-18 at 08:39 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1438
    Troll in the Playground

Greetings to everyone who said hello to me, who I can't be bothered to quote.

You'll find that's one of my most fun features. Well, that and pedantry.

Gwyn. gwyn. Gwyn. Gwyn. Gwyn...this isnt the You thread. ( I DO remember that gasmask photo though. )

@v. .... Hat thread it be.
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2012-10-18 at 08:54 PM.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

29. - Top - End - #1439

Default Hat Thread

No, it's the hat thread.

See, look at the title of my post. Hat thread.

- Albert Camus

What. Is. This. Madness.

30. - Top - End - #1440
    Ogre in the Playground

Aw, you were so cute when you were little, Gwyn.
    Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    That joke is older than a chicken halfway 'cross a road, Comedian.
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    This is probably the least amusing thing I've heard all week.
    Awesome avatar courtesy of Ranger Mattos.