New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default [FE] Destiny's Promise ACT 1

The gentle sound of waves has slowly become your only source of solace in recent days. Taking refuge in Respuin, Hark's capital city, after the sack and capture of Citadel Kalros, the royal palace of Kastre, your days have been preoccupied with reviewing your last moments in the palace; the panicked cries of the servants and guards; the rush to find a way to defend your home; the sight of King Abalard standing proudly once more, lance in hand, defending his home and family; the gut-dropping sight of him being struck down by some fell-sorcerer and his cowardly hired knife; the King's final charge to you as the last of his life left him:
    "Fly, my sons. The greatest joy in my life was seeing you grow, and now it is my greatest honor to fall protecting you..."
    You choke back your grief as you remember the smile of pride your father showed on his face as he passed. Your ruminations are rudely interrupted by the intrusion of your friends and a new face, a middle aged, haughty looking man.

"Greetings, Princes of Kastre. I am Jaques, Emissary of Falki, Royal Captain and Ruler of Hark. She has seen it within her good graces to provide you with a ship and passage to Mirin. She requests you come to the main harbor to meet with...erm... he pats himself down, eventually procuring a piece of paper from a pocket in his coat "a Ser Onyx. He shall lead you to his captain and they shall grant you passage. Falki also sends this" He again reaches down, this time reaching into his satchel and producing a small parcel.
    YOU RECEIVE 5000 GOLD
    "She hopes that this should ensure your safety within the borders of Mirin. ANd now young Lords, I bid you adieu."
    He turns and walks briskly into the night.
    Last edited by DocScratch; 2013-01-10 at 09:40 PM.
    /Doc

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [FE] Destiny's Promise ACT 1

The next day, you make your way to the harbor and board the ship under false names, though your gear belies your deceit. The captain, however, is quick to silence any gossip. You set sail, and are tasked to menial jobs aboard the ship.
    /Doc

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Edward set about completing the tasks he was assigned without question or complaint, rarely speaking more than a mumble of assent. If now was the time to leave and return home, then he would not question who gave the ride or paid their way back to the war torn mainlands. His steed, however, was far less thrilled with being cooped up on a boat, but Ygris was a patient and mighty horse, and had dealt with worse in the past.
    ~ZA

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

During a quiet moment Onyx approaches Edward casually trying to gauge his reaction while he speaks.
    "Have you heard the rumors? Galreich attacked Kastre. Nobody really knows what happened but I heard they killed the king. Those bastards will get what's coming to 'em that's for sure. Forgive me, name's Onyx.*He reaches out to shake Edward's hand* I was barely a man when Galreich started their expansion so I get a bit riled up about it."
    Last edited by SchwhatNow; 2013-01-12 at 05:13 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5

Edward straightened as the stranger spoke to him. He frowned quite intensely when Onyx spoke of Kastre's fate. "Yes....I've heard of such things, even so far away here in Hark. Rumour spreads fast, I assume there are refugees running from their duty to home and country. But such is expected of..." He cut himself off. "I mean, such is expected when you cannot hope to prevail," he finished, shaking Onyx's offered hand. "I am Edward, and if I have my way, I will go to Kastre, and soon."
    ~ZA

6. - Top - End - #6

"Aye, would that I could join you. Been far too long since I've had a good scrap. Captn' has us laying low for awhile. Well Edward, if you need anything just let me know. Or ask a mate, they can usually point me out. I better get back to my duties a'fore the Captn' rags on me. *He gives a genuine smile before he turns to leave, giving almost no reaction to the timely breaks in Edwards speech.*
    Last edited by SchwhatNow; 2013-01-12 at 05:12 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Walking next to his brother after Onyx has left, Sebastian folds his arms.

"I cannot believe we are leaving our country in the hands of those jackals" the younger brother muses with bit of a growl, adjusting his crimson red eyepath somewhat. "What will us fleeing accomplish at any rate? I doulbt that Hark will provide us with much help, and I would rather go back and track down that sorcerer that ended father's life to kill him horribly than waste time hearing idle promises."

8. - Top - End - #8

"You should not be so eager, we need time to plan our strike, rushing back in now would be foolish. Our father would not wish us to waste our lives with a gamble," Edward told his brother before placing a hand on his shoulder and smiling grimly. "We'll find this sorcerer, and by your magic and my spear, we will take our revenge. Never doubt that," He finished before turning to the gunwales and leaning on them, his eyes drawn to the sea.
    ~ZA

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

"You know that I have been eager ever since the point of no return" the Red Prince replies, also staring out at the sea. "And father never did exactly demand me to stop taking part in battles, did he? I know we can claim our revenge if we focus on it, but... I do not trust this sudden gesture of goodwill from Hark. And even if they do help us in some small ways, I hope we will not hide and plan for too long."

10. - Top - End - #10

"It is wise to remember who helped you. But I do agree that Hark may not have our interests in mind. We shall see what happens. If all else fails, we can trust one another."
    ~ZA

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

"That is true" the younger brother replies, patting Edward on his shoulder. "I suppose my instinctive paranoia might be getting best of me at times... Or the situation is just keeping me tightly wound. Any idea how soon we should be reaching our destination?"

12. - Top - End - #12

"From Respuin to Mirin? I do not know. Geography was never my forte. Perhaps Ser Onyx? Though no doubt he has his own duties to tend to....perhaps it would be best to leave him be for the moment," Edward mused, rubbing one hand across his face. Weariness had been their companion for many weeks now, and both had dealt with it with surprising fortitude for royalty. "I am suspect of our landing, but we shall see, keep your eye open for danger, especially when I am not about, and I shall do the same, brother.."
    ~ZA

13. - Top - End - #13
    Pixie in the Playground

After another day of travel, during the day's tasks, you hear a shrill whistle from the crows nest, followed by a cry of command from the helm:
    Hop to, ya brigands! We got unexpected company!"
    Immediately after, you see two ships rapidly gaining on your vessel. The captain turns to you and says, " A'right, ye welps, see if you can hold 'em off while we arm ourselves!" as he runs below-decks. As he clears the trapdoor, both ships close in and dock with your boats.

"You heard Lt. Roth, do what you will to the crew, but take the princes alive!"

CHAPTER 1: One if by land...
    Objective: Defeat all Enemies
    Defeat: Edward or Sebastian fall

Green squares are deployment zone.

Enemies
    Spoiler
    Show

Pirate 1:
    HP: 22/22
    Weapon: Iron Axe 50/50, Mt: 14, Hit: 90, Avoid: 10, Speed: 5, Defenses: 4/3

Pirate 2:
    Weapon: Iron Axe 50/50, Mt: 16, Hit: 86, Avoid: 6, Speed: 3, Defenses: 4/2

Pirate 3:
    HP: 24/24
    Weapon: Iron Axe 50/50, Mt: 14, Hit: 90, Avoid: 10, Speed: 5, Defenses: 3/1

Pirate 4:

Pirate 5:
    HP: 21/21
    Weapon: Hand Axe 25/25, Range 1-2, Mt: 12, Hit: 73, Avoid: 8, Speed: 4, Defenses: 3/1

Pirate 6:
    Weapon: Iron Axe 50/50, Mt: 14, Hit: 90, Avoid: 10, Speed: 5, Defenses: 3/3

Soldier 1:
    HP: 20/20
    Weapon: Iron Lance 50/50, Mt: 12, Hit: 93, Avoid: 8, Speed: 4, Defenses: 4/2

Soldier 2:
    Weapon: Iron Lance 50/50, Mt: 12, Hit: 91, Avoid: 6, Speed: 3, Defenses: 3/2

Soldier 3:

Soldier 4:

Soldier 5:

Soldier 6:

Soldier 7:

Soldier 8:
    /Doc

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

A fair skinned young man in pale black robes climbs up onto deck, rubbing at his neck to ease the cramps snaking their way up his shoulders. He looks at their assailants with something like amusement in his eyes, sizing up the opposition with a smirk. Confidently placing himself out in the open, Eren tosses his head back for a light and airy laugh. "These scoundrels dare to attack the first son of Sek, and this is the size of their force? Clearly they require education in light of their transgressions. Thankfully, I am always happy to...illuminate."

Spoiler
    Show
    Eren:
    Weapon: Light Tome 40/40, Mt: 13, Hit: 120, Avoid: 20, Speed: 8, Crit: 4, Defenses: 5/5
    Last edited by Bad Situation; 2013-01-12 at 08:09 PM.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

15. - Top - End - #15

*Already on deck Onyx is quick to make ready for the incoming ships. With axes in hand he sets himself close to the enemies and prepares to attack*

"Come on mates! Let's clear this lot off OUR ship and show 'em the mistake they made in thinkin' to be attackin' us!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Onyx:
    Weapon: Iron Axe 50/50, Mt: 18, Hit: 103, Avoid: 21, Speed: 10, Crit: 4%, Defenses: 5/0
    Skill: Counter: 9%
    Last edited by SchwhatNow; 2013-01-12 at 08:02 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

A black aura forms around the red-garbed prince, somewhat bloodthirsty grin forming on his face as he smacks fist against his palm. "Well I am sorry to to dispoint you, vermin, but the princes are not going anywhere with you. So, since you obviously won't back down in face of overwhelming odds, I have only this to say to you: COME GET SERVED."

He may be enjoying this opportunity to crack some skulls somewhat more than can be considered healthy by most... But then again, he has not gotten the monicker of "Red Prince" for nothing.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sebastian:
    Weapon: Flux Tome 40/40, Mt: 17, Hit: 96, Avoid: 18, Speed: 7, Crit: 3, Defenses: 5/7
    Skill: Corrosion (6%)

17. - Top - End - #17

Yanking his spear from where it was hidden near his horse and leaping atop his mount, Edward, surveyed their foes. "Men, it appears we are a bit out numbered. We shall strike hard and fast and push them into the sea! Take the initiative, charge!" Edward shouted to those that gathered on the deck to fight with the princes. He stood at the side of the group, and after a quick plan was formed, he was prepared to charge forward and ride down these brigands.

OOC: Starting M7, like I said in the ooc thread.
    ~ZA

18. - Top - End - #18

Sheyra would quietly slip out from behind the barrel she had been crouched behind, drawing her knives as she looked on expressionlessly at the situation.

Midnight had ordered her to head to Mirin for her next job. Apparently some sort of noble was to be arriving in the city in the next few weeks, and he had made a few too many enemies. Or at least one enemy rich enough and devious enough to hire the services of Midnight to remove him in a rather permanent fashion.

So she had sharpened her knives, donned her gear, and looked for a decent ship to stowaway on. She had been fortunate enough to find a rather suspicious looking group boarding a vessel heading to Mirin. She knew people trying to stay unnoticed when she saw them, unless, of course, she didn't notice them, but this group was pretty much a dead give away. Lucky for them she wasn't here for any of them.

She used their boarding as an opportunity to slip aboard unnoticed, and kept her movements limited to night when most of the crew was asleep or blinded by the darkness. It was easy enough to filch food or water in the dead of night, and eavesdropping on conversations had already given her some pretty interesting information. The Princes of Kastre? Midnight would sure love to hear about that. Maybe she could even slip in with them. She might even get dessert for a whole month for that kind of info...

So with dessert on her mind, Sheyra stepped out from behind her barrel, knives in her hands. She couldn't let some ruffians kill off her prizes, or capture them...

"..." She wiped away the slight bit of drool that had gathered at one corner of her mouth with the back of her hand. Sure, she could always steal a pie or something, but there was something about earning it that made it so much better...

19. - Top - End - #19
    Pixie in the Playground

Turn 1
    Player Turn:

Sebastian moves to J8 and Attacks Soldier 2 with Flux!

{table]|Sebastian attacks and hits for 15 damage!|Soldier 2 can't retaliate.|Sebastian attacks again and hits for 6 damage! Soldier 2 has been slain!|[/table]
    Sebastian Gains 31 Experience!

Eren moves to K9 and Attacks Soldier 3 with Light!

{table]|Eren attacks and hits for 11 damage!|Soldier 3 can't retaliate.|Eren attacks again and hits for 10 damage! Soldier 3 has been slain!|[/table]
    Eren Gains 31 Experience!

Onyx moves to K10!
    Edward moves to K11!
    Sherya moves to L10!

Enemy Turn:

Soldier 4 moves to K12 and Attacks Edward with Iron Lance!
    {table]|Soldier 4 attacks and misses!|Edward attacks and hits for 10 damage!.|Eren attacks again and hits for 10 damage! Soldier 4 has been slain!|[/table]
    Edward gains 31 Experience!

Pirate 1 moves to H10!
    Pirate 2 moves to F10!
    Pirate 3 moves to G14!
    Pirate 4 moves to I14!
    Pirate 5 moves to Q14!
    Pirate 6 moves to R15!

Soldier 1 moves to G10!
    Soldier 5 moves to F14!
    Soldier 6 moves to R14!
    Soldier 7 moves to S15!
    Soldier 8 moves to S16!

Spoiler
    Show

Players
    Spoiler
    Show

Edward:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hp: 22/22
    Iron Lance: 48/50 Atk 14, Hit 103, Avoid 21, Atk Spd 8, Crit 4, Def/Res 6/2, Crit Evade 5

Sebastian:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sebastian:
    HP: 20/20 Weapon: Flux Tome 38/40, Mt: 17, Hit: 96, Avoid: 18, Speed: 7, Crit: 3, Defenses: 5/7

Eren:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eren:
    HP: 20/20 Weapon: Light Tome 38/40, Mt: 13, Hit: 120, Avoid: 20, Speed: 8, Crit: 4, Defenses: 5/5

Onyx:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Onyx:
    Weapon: Iron Axe 50/50, Mt: 18, Hit: 103, Avoid: 21, Speed: 10, Crit: 4%, Defenses: 5/0

Sheyra:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hp: 17/17
    Iron Sword: 50/50, Atk 13, Hit 111, Avoid 27, Atk Spd 12, Crit 4, Def/Res 7/1, Crit Evade 3

Enemies
    Spoiler
    Show

Pirate 1:

Pirate 2:

Pirate 3:

Pirate 4:

Pirate 5:
    Weapon: Hand Axe 25/25, Range 1-2, Mt: 12, Hit: 73, Avoid: 8, Speed: 4, Defenses: 3/1

Pirate 6:

Soldier 1:

Soldier 2:
    HP: 0/21

Soldier 3:

Soldier 4:
    HP: 0/20

Soldier 5:

Soldier 6:

Soldier 7:

Soldier 8:
    Last edited by DocScratch; 2013-01-22 at 12:50 PM.
    /Doc

20. - Top - End - #20
    Pixie in the Playground

Turn 2
    Player Turn:

Sebastian moves to J10 and Attacks Pirate 1 with Flux!

{table]|CORROSION! Sebastian attacks and hits for 17 damage!|Pirate 1 can't retaliate.|[/table]
    Sebastian Gains 21 Experience!

Sherya moves to I10 and Attacks Pirate 1 with Iron Sword!

{table]|Sherya attacks and hits for 14 damage! Pirate 1 has been slain!|[/table]
    Sherya Gains 41 Experience!

Onyx moves to H10 and Attacks Soldier 1 with Iron Axe!

{table]|Onyx attacks and hits for 15 damage!| Soldier 1 attacks and hits for 6 damage!| Onyx attcks again for 5 damage! Soldier 1 has been slain!|[/table]
    Onyx Gains 41 Experience!

Edward moves to J14 and Attacks Pirate 4 with Iron Lance!

{table]|Edward attacks and hits for 9 damage!| Pirate 4 attacks and hits for 9 damage!|[/table]
    Edward Gains 21 Experience

Eren moves to L10!

Enemy Turn:

Haul yerselves up here, boys! We got a livin' ta earn!

Enemy Reinforcements arrive!

Pirate 2 moves to G10 and Attacks Onyx with Iron Axe!

{table]|COUNTER! Pirate 2 attacks and hits for 5! Onyx COUNTERS and hits for 5 damage!|Onyx attacks and hits for 14 damage!|Onyx attacks again and hits for 3! Soldier 4 has been slain!|[/table]
    Onyx gains 41 Experience!

Pirate 4 Attacks Edward with Iron Axe!

{table]|VANTAGE! Edward attacks and hits for 11!|Pirate 4 attacks and misses!|[/table]
    Edward gains 21 Experience!

Spoiler
    Show

Players
    Spoiler
    Show

Edward:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hp: 13/22
    Iron Lance: 46/50 Atk 14, Hit 103, Avoid 21, Atk Spd 8, Crit 4, Def/Res 6/2, Crit Evade 5
    XP: 83/100

Sebastian:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sebastian:
    HP: 20/20 Weapon: Flux Tome 37/40, Mt: 17, Hit: 96, Avoid: 18, Speed: 7, Crit: 3, Defenses: 5/7
    XP: 62/100

Eren:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eren:
    HP: 20/20 Weapon: Light Tome 38/40, Mt: 13, Hit: 120, Avoid: 20, Speed: 8, Crit: 4, Defenses: 5/5
    XP: 41/100

Onyx:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Onyx:
    XP: 82/100

Sheyra:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hp: 17/17
    Iron Sword: 50/50, Atk 13, Hit 101, Avoid 27, Atk Spd 12, Crit 14, Def/Res 7/1, Crit Evade 3
    Skill: Gamble
    XP: 41/100

Enemies
    Spoiler
    Show

Pirate 1:
    HP: 0/22

Pirate 2:
    HP: 0/22

Pirate 3:

Pirate 4:
    HP: 3/22

Pirate 5:

Pirate 6:

Soldier 1:

Soldier 2:

Soldier 3:

Soldier 4:

Soldier 5:

Soldier 6:

Soldier 7:

Soldier 8:

Reinforcements
    Spoiler
    Show

Pirate 1:
    HP: 25/25
    Weapon: Iron Axe 50/50, Mt: 15, Hit: 90, Avoid: 10, Speed: 5, Defenses: 5/3

Pirate 2:
    Weapon: Iron Axe 50/50, Mt: 16, Hit: 90, Avoid: 10, Speed: 5, Defenses: 5/3

Pirate 3:
    Weapon: Iron Axe 50/50, Mt: 14, Hit: 90, Avoid: 10, Speed: 5, Defenses: 5/4

Pirate 4:
    HP: 25/25
    Weapon: Iron Axe 50/50, Mt: 16, Hit: 90, Avoid: 10, Speed: 5, Defenses: 4/3

Soldier 1:

Soldier 2:

Soldier 3:

Soldier 4:
    HP: 23/23

Soldier 5:

/Doc

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

Eren smiles as soldier's eyes turn a murky white from his magic, nodding appreciatively when the pathetic spearman slumps over in a charred heap. "A pity. But then, I can hardly expect much from these mongrels." Whipping his cloak around his form, he dashes further along the ship eying his next victim with a confident smirk, somewhat pleased that behind him more of the rabble were making an appearance. "More to fight, at least...."

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

22. - Top - End - #22

Onyx takes a moment to glance about at the new enemies. He smirks to himself and then shouts to his allies
    "There may be a lot of them, but they barely know how to hold a blade! Ha ha."

But he silently thinks to himself "Something just doesn't feel right. I know I'm usually first into the fray but it's not like the crew to disappear at the sight of an enemy ship. We can probably handle these lot, but I hope nonetheless they don't take too long. There are plenty to go around."

23. - Top - End - #23

Sheyra would step around the mage prince as he showed off his handiwork, blasting one of the pirates. As the pirate stumbled from the hard blow, she slipped up next to him, using her small frame to remain unnoticed until it was too late, as she drove her blade up into his heart from underneath his ribs. The strike was true and perfectly aimed, and she pulled it out with a twist, expressionless as the man fell to the ground, quite dead.

She looked down at her blade, calmly observing the now red steel, and looked over at the small melee beginning to occur over on the other boarding plank and the horde of invaders coming from the other ship. It looked like she was going to be very busy for the next few minutes...

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

"Is that truly the best you can do, you mongrels?" Sebastian asks with a disturbing grin as his magic blasts the pirate, corroding whatever protection the man has on him... right before the thief appears and stabs the enemy to death. Well, it seems that they have a new ally at the very least. "I dare say, come at me weaklings! We have not even broken a sweat and have already slaughtered a good number of you! I welcome the opportunity to exchange blows with men of as great of a delusion as yourselves!"
    Last edited by Grim ranger; 2013-02-09 at 12:51 PM.