New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Prologue to Disaster (PTA) IC

"It... it looks like its' on its last legs now too."

"Araron!"

"No - wait still. Let him come to you - all the little ones hit like freight trains, that big one will be worse. But I know after that last ranged blast of yours, you can't hit him from ran - oh! Right, I can! And maybe - "

No, retrospection later. Out came a friend ball, which he expanded in his hands. "Here's hopin!"

And he threw it!

Spoiler
    Show

Ken will throw a friend ball at Mr. Bear!

ˇC'mon dice gods!
    (1d100-5)[76]

Edit: Nope, probably not. Curses!

Last edited by Kantolin; 2012-11-17 at 12:31 PM.
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

2. - Top - End - #452
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Drake sees Ken throw at Pokeball and tries his luck as well and orders Kleid to move and attack the closest Teddiursa. Kleid moves to O24. "Alright Kleid use Karate Chop."
    Spoiler
    Show
    (d100)[50] Come on dice please work
    (d20)[4] 2+Def Fighting Physical
    (2d8+23)[28] Am I not allowed to capture things?
    Last edited by Asdfth; 2012-11-17 at 01:26 PM.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Sunny quickly rotates to the side and fires a blast over Drake at the bear there.

Spoiler
    Show

Hidden Power rock vs L19
    (1d20)[2] vs 2 + special
    (1d12+19)[21]

4. - Top - End - #454
    Ettin in the Playground

Leon

The meowth tilts its heads quizzically and mews at you. mewoth?

Group

Drake's ball envelops the ursaring as Kens flies through the empty space and lands on the ground still intact. The ball vibrates for a good ten seconds before the pokeball confirms the capture of the rabid bear.

The combined attacks of Sunny and Kleid kill the sleeping bear. The other teddiursa woke up with a start and charged Viktor in wild rage.

Spoiler
    Show
    auto hit Dark Physical (2d10+50)[62]
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2012-11-17 at 07:47 PM.
    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

World at War (PTA) as Francis May

GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

5. - Top - End - #455
    Titan in the Playground

Leon will hold out a pokeball. "If you come with me, I promise you'll never be alone again."
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

6. - Top - End - #456

RedWizardGuy

Drake let out a huge sigh of relief as the rabid bear was caught."Thank Arceus that actually worked." Drake relief was soon forgotten as the last bear woke up and attacked Viktor."Alright just one more to go. Kleid move towards it and use Karate Chop. Kleid moves to O20
    and attacks
    Spoiler
    Show
    (d20)[1]2+Def Fighting Physical
    (2d8+23)[25] I hate this roller
    Last edited by Asdfth; 2012-11-18 at 01:56 AM.

7. - Top - End - #457
    Ogre in the Playground

Good! That's the big bear.

Although it did occur to him - with rabies, they'd take a lot of extra effort to actually help. He'd have to ask Drake about that later.

Still, perhaps a second bear who wasn't quite as... uh, big, would also be acceptable. He waited for any pokemon to whack the remaining teddiursa, then threw a regular pokéball at that one.

Viktor, now, gave it a headbutt.

Spoiler
    Show

Ken waits until any pokemon attacks the teddiursa, then uses a pokeball!

In case 'any pokemon' is viktor...
    Viktor's attack roll: (1d20)[2] (AC 2, Physical, normal)
    Viktor's damage roll: (3d8+21)[39]

Then the capture roll:
    (1d100+5)[59]

Edit: ...huh. I guess he'll, uh... hold... onto the ball if /nobody/ hits the bear, as conceptually then he wouldn't throw it. O_o

Last edited by Kantolin; 2012-11-18 at 01:19 PM.

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

8. - Top - End - #458
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Sunny floats down and nudges Amber, ignoring the fight that seemed to be turning around.

9. - Top - End - #459
    Ettin in the Playground

Group

Kleid misses spectacularly, and the bear responds by licking him viciously. Viktor responded by slamming its head into the bear at which point Ken lobs his ball at the pokemon's head, which captures the pokemon neatly.

It was over. The rabid pack was defeated; unconscious and dead pokemon littered the ground. The air seemed to lighten, and the forest lost its dark feeling.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20)[15] AC 2. (1d6+20)[22] physical ghost. paralyze 15+[/roll]

Lv 30 Rabid Ursaring; Bold; Last Chance.
    Lv 18 Rabid Tediursa; Rash; Quick Feet

Rabid A rabid pokemon has the following qualities.
    1. The pokemon does not follow commands
    2. The pokmeon's Def & SpDef stats are set to -6 at the start of every battle
    3. The pokemon's Atk temporarily changes to +6 CS when attacking a pokemon or trainer that has been injured in this battle or is injured
    4. The pokemon genrally attacks injured mons or trainers, but is not required to
    5. The pokemon's intelligence capability is lowered to 2

Aaaand for xp!
    Sunny: 3670
    Viktor: 1750
    Kleid: 920
    Charybdis: 360
    Igraore: 870
    Krayt: 1020

Congratulations everybody!

Leon

The Mewoth presses its nose to the ball and is gently absorbed by it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Lv 14 male meowth, pickup, Hasty.
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2012-11-18 at 04:08 PM.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #460
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    what level?

boy or girl?

His irritation gone, Leon will head back to his room, practicing passing the electric currents between his hands until he does. He'll then go to sleep, his expedition tiring his already sore body.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

11. - Top - End - #461
    Ogre in the Playground

Ken remained tense, breathing a little heavily for another solid minute, as his blood was still pumping.

It really did take him a moment to catch that it was really over.

A glance at Amber, however, jarred him into motion. "G-good. Okay, Viktor, Kleid?"

"Aron."
    "Chop."

"Drake - are you okay? And your pokemon?" Ken knelt, picking up the unconscious Amber. He was lucky at the precise instant that his arms were so long - although despite his strength being sufficient, Amber's larger size made it a little clumsy. She was breathing, but he had no idea how badly off she was.

He had no idea how badly off /he/ was.

Kleid knelt by one of Drake's unconscious pokemon, a little worried. Aron kept near Ken, trying to nudge him to going closer to calm and less close to outright panicking.

"We have to get back - oh man, I hope they're okay too. Are you okay, Drake?" He repeated, not fully realizing that he'd asked that already.

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

12. - Top - End - #462

RedWizardGuy

Drake breathes heavily as the scenery turned calm."Yeah they are okay they are in need of healing." Drake goes to Amber and helps Ken lift her."Come on lets go back to that village."

13. - Top - End - #463
    Ettin in the Playground

Group

Before you manage to leave the clearing, what appears to be a large green pinecone drops in front of the party on a long strand of ... something. Out of the trees come several pokemon. Two small brown pokemon with short trunks lead the way. A bird-like pokemon with clouds for wings rides the lefts trunk. Behind them come a thin plant pokemon with a large bell for a head, and a pink and tan pokemon that walked on two legs.

The pink one ran up to Amber and breathed gently on her. She suddenly wakes up, he wounds mostly healed. The group crowds around you, staying on the opposite side of the unconscious rabid dogs.

Spoiler
    Show
    Amber you are now healed to 1/2 of full health

Leon

Your quickly fall asleep, the stress of the day pressing down hard on you.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm putting a hold on you until the others get back. If you want, feel free to have a dream, if not just sit tight.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #464
    Ogre in the Playground

Ken froze for a moment as the pinecone pokemon leapt in front of the party.

And then came more. "Oh man." He glanced at Amber, worried - he couldn't easily carry her while punching things, and here they were again surrounded. Good thing he'd healed Viktor, but this was more pokemon than he'd expected.

"Viktor! Uh - wow that's a lot - try to guard against the - " He began, when he noticed the pink pokemon ran forward. He tried to shift Amber away and deliver a punch...

...when she woke up.

That action was jarring to the weary martial artist, as it caused him to freeze up. "H-huh?" He stammered, looking from Amber to the pink pokemon.

He was perplexed, and confused.

Viktor, having gotten half a command, was also confused. And a little hungry. "Aron?"

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

15. - Top - End - #465
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Amber's eyes slowly drift open as she looks around and presses her hands to her ripped up clothing that's entire midriff was now missing. Oddly her injuries seemed mostly faded, though she had an aching headache. "W-what happened?" She said looking around before being glomped in the face by Sunny.

16. - Top - End - #466

RedWizardGuy

As Drake carried Amber he saw the group of Pokemon. His heart sank as the thought of more fighting. As he lost hope as the Pokemon approach he was relieved that they didn't attack. As Amber woke up."We did it. We stopped those rabid Pokemon and I think these guys are thanking us."

17. - Top - End - #467
    Ogre in the Playground

"You... you really think so?"

Ken looked at Amber, who was clearly waking up, then up to the wild pokemon. He kept expecting them to rush at the group, to... try something. Were they really?

Viktor nudged Ken's leg, and the martial artist idly handed him a small metallic cube. Score! The aron happily munched away, mostly oblivious to his trainer's concern or confusion.

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

18. - Top - End - #468
    Ettin in the Playground

The pokemon crowded around you, sticking close to the lot of you. Your pokedexs identify the pokemon as Pineco, Bellsprout, Audino, Phanpy Swablu, and curiously ditto. One of the Phanpys morphs and shifts into an exact copy of Sunny.

Sunny trills in delight, and the two of them quickly start playing some sort of pokemon game.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #469
    Ogre in the Playground

Viktor munched away happily - he was quite content. He watched the other pokemon as they trotted around,

Kleid abruptly realized that he now had an audience! Jumping back into the swing of things, he gave a very expressive performance to the pokemon closest to him - explaining what happened in the battle.

Or well, very hazily explaining what actually happened in the part of the battle he saw, while wholesale making up the rest of it and inserting himself into key roles that he totally didn't do, but he would have done if given the chance, so a little truth-bending is okay, right? This is complete with very animated motions, gestures, and frequently, "Chop!" If any of them show particular attention, he'll absolutely pander to that particular pokemon.

So it seemed, at that point, the only person there who wasn't completely comfortable was Ken. He watched the pokemon, happy that they weren't attacking at the moment but still kinda on edge. Was it just a show? Were they actually calm?

But as they weren't actually attacking, he found himself more and more able to properly catch his breath and just watch.

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

20. - Top - End - #470
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"OH!" Amber says excited quickly jumping to her feet, "It's a ditto! A ditto!" She says excited watching Sunny play. "I saw those at the breeders they are amazing for breeding!"

Despite the headache, her excitement at all the new types of pokemon and the ditto caused her to forget all about the rabid pokemon, her injuries, and her destroyed outfit. She opened up her bag and dug around. It was a mess due to the fact she had been sent flying. She tossed out some crushed useless berries and food before out the valuable berries she had found earlier. She had wanted to save it for an emergency, but the chance of getting a ditto was too much. Plus the pokemon was already seeming to warm up to Sunny.

"Hey little guy," She says holding out the berry for the Sunny copy. She looks over all the other pokemon, "Ummm thank you, thank you a bunch. Uhhh, let me see if I can find you something to pay you all back."

Spoiler
    Show

Charisma check: (1d20+5)[14]

Wisdom check to look for berries, food, and other things to give to the other pokemon. Damn lack of being able to cook :P
    (1d20+2)[10]

21. - Top - End - #471

RedWizardGuy

Drake was glad to see Amber conscious and moving."Thank you for healing my ally Audino."

22. - Top - End - #472
    Ettin in the Playground

The ditto eats the berry happily and quickly transforms into a copy of Viktor before landing on Amber's shoulder and nuzzling her gently. Amber sees a few small berries, but they didn't look like anything special.

The phanphy and bellsprout both crowd around Kleid, and the big ham milked it for all it was worth. Drake felt the swablu land on his head and gently peck his skull. Everything felt relaxed and calm.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #473
    Ogre in the Playground

"Chop, chop ma-chop... chop!" Kleid swung one fist into the air.
    "Phan!"
    "Bell!"
    "Chop!" Kleid held up both hands. "Chop chop - chop chop - " He pointed to Ken - "Chop CHOP!" And one left punch forward.
    "Phan!"
    "Bell!" The bellsprout even thrust a leaf forward, mimicking the machop.

This... brought a smile to Ken's face. Okay, maybe this /was/ real - maybe they were just being friendly.

"I... I think you're right, Drake."

He was still, however, having some trouble dropping his adrenaline. Still, he took a deep breath.

"Looks like that... that swablu likes you, Drake." Stated Ken, as he turned to the 'totally not Viktor' on Amber's shoulder. He scritched his aron's headplates idly - Viktor continued to munch cheerfully. "And Kleid has clearly found an audience. I wonder what he's actually saying."

"Chop!"
    "Phan!"
    "Bell! Bell!"

Ken glanced at the pokeball with a rabid teddiursa within, and exhaled. Hopefully that, at least, wouldn't be a problem anymore. Still, he let his hands drop, just... well, the air even felt more calm to breathe. Thus, to force himself to relax a little more, he watched the trio have their excited chat.

In which Kleid was seriously on a roll with his descriptions.

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

24. - Top - End - #474
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Amber scratches the ditto behind the ears as she moves over toward the berries and starts picking them and handing them out, "Hey you guys," She says with a soft smile, "You all seem friendly. Do you want to come along with us?" She asked curious and excited. She was surprised so many new pokemon were flocking near here. She hadn't expected her journey to go like this and she was grateful to Devon for the chance.

25. - Top - End - #475

RedWizardGuy

Drake feels the Swablu's pecks and hears Ken's comment. He let out a chuckle"Yeah I guess you are right Hey there buddy.". Drake said looking up at the Swablu."Do you want to come with me on my journey?"

26. - Top - End - #476
    Ettin in the Playground

The pokemon all nodded their affirmative. Apparently they were more than happy to go with trainers strong enough to rid the forest of the plague that the rabids represented.

Spoiler
    Show
    No capture rolls needed, just use the pokeballs.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #477
    Ogre in the Playground

Ken chuckled a little, as he walked over to Kleid. "Letting them know the play-by-play?"

"Chop!"
    "Bell!"

"Well, we should - "

"Chop!"
    "Bell!"

"We need to get going, though if they - "
    "Chop!"
    "Bell!"

"Guys, let me - "
    "Chop!"
    "Bell!"
    "Guys!"

Ken was finally allowed a word in. "Guys! Yeesh. So do you want to - "

The bellsprout hopped into his pokeball, again without letting him completely finish the sentence. Ken sighed. "...thanks, then. Looks like he's really a fan of yours, Kleid."

"Chop!"

The Phanpy, now, was highly entertained by Kleid, but wasn't quite the adoring fan as the bellsprout. Still, he stomped his feet twice, then stepped towards Ken.

"You're willing to come too?"

"Phanpy!" The elephant pokemon nodded. Ken smiled.

"Welcome to the team, then! Man, and up to this point I only had /two/ pokemon."

As the phanpy was being caught, Kleid paused - glancing at Drake. Walking... er, sauntering over, he tugged at Drake's cape (or pants leg if the cape was presently tucked away). When Drake looked down, Kleid extended his hand up to the ace for a handshake. "Chop!"

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

28. - Top - End - #478

RedWizardGuy

Drake pulls out a Pokeball has he heard the Swablu's coo of interest. It takes flight and elegantly taps the ball. "A great addition to my team I am most thankful." Drake put the ball by his waist like his others. Drake then feels a tug at his pant legs. He turns around and sees Kleid. "Yes thank you Kleid you help saved us. He held out his hand and shook Kleid's hand.

29. - Top - End - #479
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry about that >.> Didn't realize it was my post. I opened the tab and then forgot to post so it didn't notify of new stuff.

Amber smiled at her two friends. Today was a good day! She was making more and more friends already. She tossed out two pokeballs for the pokemon as she stated debating names for her friends.

30. - Top - End - #480
    Ettin in the Playground

The forest is quiet after the pokemon disappear into the pokeballs (Drake ends up catching the pineco, who had been slightly forgotten while hanging from a tree).

Your party was injured, but nothing that Medina wouldn't be able to fix. The darkness surrounds you but doesn't feel as sinister as before. You sense that the walk back will be much less stressful than the walk here.

Spoiler
    Show
    Drake: Lv 14 Swablu Natural Cure
    Lv 13 Pineco: Rock Head Choose your natures for both.

You'll get back into town without problems and will be let in easily. Feel free to do whatever for now, but when you're ready just write yourself to the town.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show