New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Prologue to Disaster (PTA) IC

"Tauros. And I've got a tauros and a mil-" *hak cough* "-tank out of it!"
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Drake lets out a sigh of relief. "Thank goodness we were allowed in. With your injuries Leon I was worried that we had to camp outside.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, since I'm not getting worse, I figured I'd recover. Eventually." His hacking cough cam AFTER the sentence was done with. Maybe he's getting better? Or at least better at timing his speaking.
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

4. - Top - End - #364
    Ogre in the Playground

Ken was quite tense as he watched Leon. He hadn't even really paid attention to returning Viktor - although after doing so, he realized he hadn't even warned the poor Aron who was going to be quite cross with him next time he was released.

"I hope she helps you soon. Maybe you shouldn't talk much until she gets back - it seems to make your coughing worse." He said, despite having utterly zero knowledge about how that worked. The worry in his voice was very apparent.
    Last edited by Kantolin; 2012-11-08 at 11:12 AM.
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

5. - Top - End - #365
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Amber followed inside, "I can help patch him up if you need. My eye sight is still good." She says recalling her Togetic.

6. - Top - End - #366
    Titan in the Playground

Acceding to popular wisdom, Leon will stay silent, coughing up blood without talking.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Ettin in the Playground

The sound of wood on wood signals the return of Medina and her cane. She walks in with a large bag of medicines which she sets on the ground. After kneeling she removes a mixing bowls and herbs and quickly whips up a dark green paste.

She thrusts the bowl and a wooden spoon at Leon. The stench that rises from it is atrocious. Eat it and don't throw up. It's good for you. From there she quickly examines Leons injuries, nose wrinkling in displeasure at the makeshift bandage he wore. She quickly releases a caterpie who spins thread that seems to be a much higher quality than Amber's Beedrill. Working quickly she creates a poultice that staunches the bleeding and quickly wraps a long sticky bandage around his torso. Keep that on for three days, or the wound won't close properly. She continues to poke and prod you, and it takes half an hour before she seems satisfied.

Having finished her work, she stands and imperiously stares down at you. Now tell me. Who are you and why are you here, aside from looking for healing?
    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

World at War (PTA) as Francis May

GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

8. - Top - End - #368
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"I'm a breeder from the other side of the tunnel." Amber says, "You know the breeding center on Route 117?" She ask with a smile. "I figured the tunnel would be the quickest way to get back home after heading to Rustboro City."

9. - Top - End - #369
    Ogre in the Playground

Ken had been watching through most of it. He couldn't wrap his head around what precisely she was doing, but boy was he glad she was doing it; Leon looked a lot better.

"Thank you so much; he looks a lot better already." He responded. You'd think /he'd/ been the one who was hurt.

Aaaanyway, he didn't answer the question. "Thank you so much for your help - we hadn't meant to bother you. We'll definitely try to be more careful as we head to the tunnels."
    Last edited by Kantolin; 2012-11-08 at 05:27 PM.

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

10. - Top - End - #370
    Titan in the Playground

"We're traveling to Mauville City for Devon Corp. Time was of the essence, so we decided to save time cutting through the tunnel on Route 117." Leon says in between bites of bitter paste.

They were traveling on legitimate business and had no known hostiles out to stop them. He didn't see any reason to not tell the truth.

11. - Top - End - #371

RedWizardGuy

"My name is Drake and I am from Kanto. We were on a our way to do a job to Mauville City like Leon said.."

12. - Top - End - #372
    Ettin in the Playground

Medina raises her eyebrows at the conflicting stories, but says nothing on the topic.

Now, it's time to talk business. Your friend is out of mortal danger, and with some time I can get him back on his feet, but it isn't free. I'm the only accomplished trainer in this town, and in all honesty without me this place wouldn't be here. Lately there's been a pack of rabid pokemon led by an Ursaring roaming about attacking travelers and the village. They've completely lost any sentience they used to have and are now simple killers. I can't leave here to take care of them because if they're out hunting then the village is undefended. You're the solution I need. A group of people crazy enough to face rampaging Tauros and strong enough to come out alive. That will be your payment for my healing.

Leon feels something inside of him kick in, and he keels over into unconsciousness. Seeing your astonished looks, Medina smiles Just a sedative so I can heal him fully without interference from his body. I healed the surface wounds, but there's some internal work to be done. Tauros are nasty. Leave him with me and he'll be fine. You three are needed elsewhere.

Spoiler
    Show
    Plans is going to out of town for a bit, and we agreed to do this. You three are on your own.
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2012-11-08 at 11:22 PM.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #373
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Ken's angry response!

Ken tensed his fists tightly.

"So you've got a pack of angry pokemon roaming about attacking people, and you feel the need to try to guilt people into helping?!"

He crossed his arms forcefully - it was more of 'slamming his arms into himself' than anything else. He'd started talking before Medina had finished. "Payment for your healing indeed. Forcing someone to go up against a hostile pack without... you could be killing... grr! Nevermind, screw it!"

He swept one arm in front of his body. "A rabid pack is bad for both people and pokemon alike - maybe we can calm that Ursaring down. Where is this pack, lady?"

Moodily, he crossed his arms again - giving a second for someone else to respond if they wanted to.

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

14. - Top - End - #374

RedWizardGuy

"Well I can see Ken's point of being mad you did save one of us. Though what if one of us get injured will you treat our wounds without us doing another mission for you? Also I am not sure of my companions but my Pokemon are also injured and require healing.

15. - Top - End - #375
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Eh, I told him not to and was against it. So, it isn't really a great demand from me. Nonetheless, it is a chance to meet some new pokemon and help people." Amber shrugs, "I'm in at least."

16. - Top - End - #376
    Ettin in the Playground

Medina gives Drake and Ken a death stare. I don't just "give missions" as you say. This isn't some kind of game to me. Don't pretend to stand in my shoes and criticize my actions, you have no idea what it's like being responsible for the lives of hundreds of people.

The packs den is about half an hour's walk to the north in a small chasm. If you refuse then get out and take your friend with you.

She tosses Drake a small packet of herbs. To wake your pokemon up again.

Spoiler
    Show
    Drake gets a revival herb! If you guys accept I want three d100 rolls from you as a group as you head for the den
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2012-11-09 at 03:39 PM.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #377
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    This isn't some kind of game to me. Don't pretend to stand in my shoes and criticize my actions, you have no idea what it's like being responsible for the lives of hundreds of people.
    "And I think that's your problem." Ken's voice was somewhere between a snarl and a growl. "Wonder how long it took for you to stop caring about the individual."

He shook his head vigorously. "Screw it. Half an hour to the north? We'll be back - and we'll deal with this pack problem before someone else is hurt."

Ken stormed out, slamming the door open and nearly off its hinges on his way. He actually walked towards the end of town before /realizing/ that he'd just stormed off without his friends - in which he went back a bit, waiting on them. Still, Amber and Drake had both more or less agreed anyway. He'd have to apologize to them.

Spoiler
    Show

d100 rolls!
    (1d100)[28]
    (1d100)[94]
    (1d100)[96]

Last edited by Kantolin; 2012-11-09 at 03:58 PM.

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

18. - Top - End - #378

RedWizardGuy

Drake takes the herb and summons Krayt he then proceeds to revive Krayt though it seems a little angry. He then summons Iragore and heals them with a potion. "Thank you ma'm. We will try to get rid of the problem . Drake returns Krayt and Iragore and goes meet with Ken.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (2d12+10)[20]
    (2d12+10)[30]
    (d100)[73]
    (d100)[19]
    (d100)[47]

19. - Top - End - #379
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Amber follows behind the group as she looks down at the pokeballs at her belt. She needed to name her new friends still.

20. - Top - End - #380
    Ogre in the Playground

Ken glanced up at the other two as they approached, exhaling. "Sorry about that - I got really pissed off in there."

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

21. - Top - End - #381
    Ettin in the Playground

As you travel north through the forest, the darkness around you hums with energy. Nothing is asleep and everything is alert to any possible danger. Suddenly you hear rustling close in the trees and an eerie cackling fills the air and comes from all around you.

Crow
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2012-11-09 at 10:18 PM.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #382
    Ogre in the Playground

Ken had sent out Viktor promptly after leaving town, which got him a rough nudging and an angry, "Araron!"

"Wha?"

"Arararon!"

He knelt slightly. "Wait, why are you mad?"

"Arararararararar-"

"Oh. OH! Oh, I'm sorry Viktor! I didn't even warn you, did I?"

"Araron!"

"I'm sorry, I was very worried about Leon. Here, have some Lithium."

"Aron!" And just like that, all was forgiven. Food was, after all, more important than being mad at Ken. Ken scratched his headplate.

"Really sorry, buddy."
    ~

It was quite a bit more time of walking that he heard the hoots. Ken tensed, clasping one fist into the palm of his other hand.

"Crows?" He questioned, aloud. He didn't see anything, and that usually meant ghosts - but he'd never heard of a 'crow'.

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

23. - Top - End - #383

RedWizardGuy

Drake hears the call if crow and he tenses up. "Alright guys we need to get ready. Drake sends out Iragore.

24. - Top - End - #384
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Ugh...I hate us getting smacked around before even getting close. " She mumbles sending out Togetic.

25. - Top - End - #385
    Ettin in the Playground

The trees rustled, and three dark shapes rocketed out of the trees towards the group. They twisted and dived between the lot of you and used their strong beaks to hit soft places on your bodies.

Spoiler
    Show
    Pecks! AC 2 physical Flying.

Vs Igraore (1d20)[12] Damage (1d12+19)[30]
    Vs Sunny (1d20)[5] Damage (1d12+19)[23]
    Vs Ken (1d20)[12] Damage (1d12+19)[25]

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #386
    Ogre in the Playground

"I think they're - " Began Ken, when they in fact rushed at him. He shielded his face with his arms, reducing some of the blow.

"Viktor! Covering - Headbutt!"

And promptly, the Aron made sure he was between the attacking figures and Amber. Ken leaned hard into a right straight - hoping to catch the flyer who'd just struck him. So they weren't ghosts.

He faded back promptly thereafter, keeping himself between attacking figures and Drake.

Spoiler
    Show

Ken makes a trainer attack on the bird that attacked him! AC 2, physical, normal
    Attack roll: (1d20)[5]
    Damage roll: (1d12+15)[25]

Aron delivers a headbutt! AC 2, physical, normal, flinches on 15-20.
    Attack roll: (1d20)[10]
    Damage roll: (3d8+21)[32]

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

27. - Top - End - #387

RedWizardGuy

Iragore was still standing from the ambush that the set up. "Alright Iragore use Dragon Rage on the crow that attacked you. Iragore stood there and gathered energy and shot a blast at the crow that attacked her.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (d20)[3] 2+SDEF It Dragon Rage deals forty damage they don't apply defenses they do not collect two hundred dollars

28. - Top - End - #388
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Seeing the pokemon attack her Togetic and unsure what they were, Amber scanned the pokemon before decide to leave it to luck. "Metronome for now."

Spoiler
    Show

Ominous Wind (see ooc)
    (1d20)[3] vs 2
    (2d10+23)[33]

Ranged (10), 1 Target, Column, Spirit Surge

Ominous Wind creates a Column that is 2-meters wide. If you rolled 11-20 during Accuracy Check for Ominous Wind, the user has each of its stats raised 1 Combat Stage. If you rolled 16-20 on the Accuracy Roll, all allies in the Column also have each of their stats raised 1 Combat Stage and are not damaged by Ominous Wind.

29. - Top - End - #389
    Ettin in the Playground

One of the black bird pokemon falls under the combined onslaught of Ken and his partner Viktor. Igraore hits another hard, but it somehow manages to cling to consciousnesses. Sunny conjures an ominous wind, but it is quickly blown before it can do any damage.

Realizing that the three of you weren't pushovers, the cowardly crows flew into the darkness cawing in anger.

Spoiler
    Show
    165 exp to each of your pokemon that participated.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #390
    Ogre in the Playground

Ken paused for a moment as he watched them go, cracking his knuckles.

He then turned to the others. "Everyone okay? I guess we're going to have to be more alert for ambushes like that."

Viktor kept close to Amber. "Aron!"

~ Final Fantasy Tactics