New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Prologue to Disaster (PTA) IC

"Yeah we are okay it was just a light hit.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Ettin in the Playground

As you continue to travel through the brush, small noises seem to follow you. Every rustle is an angry monster about to strike, every glint is the eye of a predator. Suddenly Ken trips on a root and lands hard.

Inches in front of his face is a corpse. One of the murkrows lay there, body bloody and ripped. Large claw marks rip scar the ground. Black feathers are strewn everywhere.
    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

World at War (PTA) as Francis May

GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

3. - Top - End - #393
    Ogre in the Playground

Ken found himself more and more paranoid as they walked. Each time he heard a sound, he'd shift a little towards it - was that another ambush? Was that more birds? Was that -

And down he went.

He felt exceptionally foolish about that too - he was pretty well coordinated. And it meant he hadn't been looking /forward/, even though - oh.

His eyes widened.

And then he clamped them shut, at the grisly scene. Blood and feathers everywhere. That was even worse than.... No! No, he wasn't going to think about that!

He forced his eyes open. No! Focus on what's happening now - it's worse.

That felt ridiculous to say and he knew it... but it did jar him back to reality.

"I... I think we're near the pack." He said - he was trying to keep his voice calm and steady, but anyone who could read people at all could tell that it really bothered him. "I can barely imagine them being in this kind of rage - they must be in a lot of pain."

He shook his head, gesturing Viktor closer to the front. "Stay up here, buddy - it doesn't look like this particular group is gonna be anything resembling subtle, so we gotta make sure we're at the forefront of it."

"Aron!"

Ken wished he knew how on earth Viktor kept himself pleasant and energetic no matter what was going on. Was he just better at hiding how he felt, or was he just less aware of things?

Oh well, either way. Ken kept walking.
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

4. - Top - End - #394
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Amber nodded, "Yeah, being sent out in the dark to find a bunch of bears...sure seems a great idea..." She mumbles, "Whatever, it helps people and maybe the next group we'll be able to make friends with rather than get jumped right away." She said as she moved nervously through the area. At first it had seemed like a pain, but no big deal. Now she felt like she was being forced to be as big an idiot as Captain Holes.

When she saw Ken trip she quickly moved forward to help and saw the dead bird. Her eyes went wide and she let out a groan. These pokemon didn't seem very friendly and she doubted making friends was going to be an option.
    Last edited by Major; 2012-11-11 at 04:14 PM.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    and maybe the next group we'll be able to make friends with rather than get jumped right away."
    "I... I hope so." Ken noticed that Amber was also startled by the corpses, and shook his head.

"I'm... boy am I jealous of you, Amber." He said, softly - before shaking his head, glancing to see Drake's reaction.

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

6. - Top - End - #396

RedWizardGuy

Drake saw Ken fall and he went in to help. That was when he saw the mutilated corpse his eyes widen at the sight. "I doubt they will want to be friends if they killed a small bird just imagine what it will do with bigger prey. Like Ken said we should be ready."

7. - Top - End - #397
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Jealous?" Amber asked tilting her head.

8. - Top - End - #398
    Ogre in the Playground

Ken scratched the back of his head with an overlong arm. "I just... well, I wish I could focus on 'maybe we'll be able to make friends'. I guess I'm too pessimistic; I figured the ledyba were going to attack us. I always figure everything's gonna attack us, but it'd be..."

He paused, as he wasn't good enough with words to explain what he meant. "I dunno, I wish I could think the way you do?"

He shook his head. They had a job to do. "Anyway - we should get moving. Let Viktor and I keep up front in case of another ambush."

And with that, he returned to walking forward.

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

9. - Top - End - #399
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"It shouldn't be too hard...look at it from their side." Amber said with a smile, "Most pokemon are smart creatures. They see us weird people walking around in their area and obviously go check things out. Just like people they react to strange creatures in different ways, some might be hostile wanting to chase them away, others might be friendly and look to make friends, others might just want something." She says, "I mean, if you think of yourself as a pokemon and each pokemon as a person you can see each action makes sense and everybody likes having friends and people they can rely on and trust, right?"

She waves her hand to emphasize. "For instance, imagine if pokemon were majority and most the world looked like this with tiny cities as 'habitats'. Occasionally pokemon would walk through these habitats, walking into your home, and generally just walking around like it was their place. You'd probably walk up and see what was up."

10. - Top - End - #400
    Ogre in the Playground

"I... I guess that's true."

Ken paused his walking for half a moment. "I always... well, I always saw it more as the world was a dangerous place, and things are ready to attack you at every turn. People are that way a lot, too."

Back to walking. "...but I like your analogy better."

'It means you punch less people who don't deserve it', he didn't say. That was how he meant to end the sentence mentally, however.

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

11. - Top - End - #401
    Ettin in the Playground

The Group

In front of you, the path splits into three directions. In each path stands a canine pokemon. The left is red with black stripes, the middle black with what appears to be a skull cap, and the right a light gray with large teeth. Another dog, larger than the others appears in the central path with a bloody murkrow in its mouth.

All have crazed eyes and frothing mouths. They paw the ground in anticipation of the fight that was sure to come.

Spoiler
    Show
    Map

Also give me perception checks.

Leon

You wake up suddenly and find yourself in a bed. The room you're in is small and relatively barren. A pitcher full of water sits on a nightstand next to your head.

Medina walks in seconds after you come to wakefulness. It was almost like she knew you had woken up. How are you feeling? Tauros are vicious creatures, and you were hit hard.
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2012-11-12 at 03:59 PM.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #402
    Titan in the Playground

"I'm actually feeling... pretty good. The last bit there was fuzzy, but I remember that I caught two cows!" For some reason, successfully catching those two is important to him.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

13. - Top - End - #403
    Ogre in the Playground

"Huh."

Ken dared a quick scan while he analyzed them - looking in their eyes was intimidating, to say the least. Such wild abandon.

"They're gonna rush us - let them come to us so we can gear up a little!"

He kept himself in a martial stance, taking a step forward. Viktor did the same, hardening his metallic shell. The small aron, noting the larger creature's reactions, stomped his feet as well. "Aron!"

Spoiler
    Show

Ken will move to O-24 and wait
    Viktor will move to P-24 and use iron defense!

Perception check: (1d20-1)[17]

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

14. - Top - End - #404
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Amber frowned, the pokemon seemed crazed and frothing. "Poor things..." She said softly. Something had caused them to go mad, she could see it in their eyes. At the same time, their going mad was causing them to kill others and they didn't look like they'd be reasoned with. If only she knew a cure to help the poor things, but sadly there was only one cure she knew of for a rabid animal. A small tear slipped down her cheek as she looked at the poor animals. They probably had not meant to go feral, something had done it to them. Amber only hoped she'd be able to find out what.

Quietly she nodded at Togetic, "Sunny, let's go..." She said softly as she stepped forward.

Spoiler
    Show

Amber will move to N25, Togetic will fly above her head and use metronome. See ooc:

*Move fails unless one tries to run before Togetic's turn
    (speed 10)
    Last edited by Major; 2012-11-12 at 05:50 PM.

15. - Top - End - #405
    Ettin in the Playground

Leon

Medina raises an eyebrow at you. Congratulations You can practically see the sarcasm seeping out of her. Would you like a pat on the back for endangering your friends lives, or should I just wish you luck in the future and be done with it?
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2012-11-12 at 10:44 PM.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #406
    Titan in the Playground

"What do you mean, endangering their lives? I told to avoid the path if they wanted."
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

17. - Top - End - #407
    Ettin in the Playground

Do you honestly believe they would have just left you without anyone to watch your back. They don't seem to be the type to leave people behind. You should get to know the people you're working with before you make assumptions about them.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #408
    Titan in the Playground

"Point of fact: three of them said they weren't interested and so they didn't go. Only one who did was the other guy who said he wanted to before I went to investigate. We handled things by ourselves and I may have gotten a hit or two from that fight, but the worst I was risking was my own life. The three that hadn't decided to come were in no danger, and the one who did come accepted the risks just as I did because he wished to find out.

Ma'am, I'll pay whatever your fee is and be gone. I refuse to lie here and take lectures from a sanctimonious woman who can't be bothered to let learning the facts slow down her high holy lecture.

I thank you for your service, but mind your own business. Or at least be bothered to hear my side of the story before condemning me.
    " The more he spoke, the more irritated he got and the louder the buzzing noise surrounding him grew. He reached for his metal training rod with a sharp crack of static and left the room.

Easy, Leon, calm yourself. Don't want to shock the judgmental shrew who healed you.
    Last edited by planswalker; 2012-11-12 at 11:08 PM.

19. - Top - End - #409

RedWizardGuy

Drake was quite off guard by the ambush"Well we know what killed the crows. Come out Charybdis. Charybdis is at O-25
    Spoiler
    Show
    (d20)[11] Perception

20. - Top - End - #410
    Ettin in the Playground

And after you almost got killed you decided to take your bloody body into the hunting territory of a pack of rabid pokemon. Your lucky they weren't hunting near you, one whiff and they would have descended upon you before you could react.

And besides you don't need to pay me, you friends are doing that for you.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #411
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, you and your "rabid" 'mons didn't appear and everything worked out. I'll grant you that I likely would have been torn apart if they'd attacked. Clearly, the group of us kept them at bay.

It was kind of my coworkers to pay the bill for me. Mind telling me how much it was? I don't mean to make them pay for my decision.
    "

22. - Top - End - #412
    Ettin in the Playground

Leon

Or instead of being intimidated, perhaps they were attacking twenty heavily armed miners making their way back from work.
    Follow me.

Medina led you out of the room and down a short hallway. She opened a door at the end of the hallway. Inside lay two dozen beds; several of them were filled with well muscled men and women who were covered in bandages. Eleven made it back alive. They were simply trying to feed their families. I hope you feel justified in risking the lives of four people, including your own, with your recklessness.
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2012-11-13 at 12:22 AM.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #413
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    You assume Leon follows her. He does not.

Leon does not follow her down the hall, refusing to go with this sanctimonious woman.

"And how is that relevant to whether or not a group of competent adults decides to stay together or allow each of them to go their own way?" He responds to her first paragraph. Her second paragraph having not happened since Leon's not following her.

24. - Top - End - #414
    Ettin in the Playground

Everyone Else

Ken catches a glimpse of something moving behind Drake, but he couldn't discern anything more. Three of the pokemon start making a raucous, some howling to the moon while the red one tries to frighten the newly summoned horsea into fleeing. The grey pokemon dashed forwards and tried to latch onto Viktor.

Sunny's metrenome summons some shadowy energy, but fails to accomplish anything useful.

Spoiler
    Show
    Roar vs. Horsea! (1d200)[30] AC 11 (rolled 6 in OOC). If successful target must flees 15m regardless of speed and may not use moves for 4 rounds.

Bite vs Viktor(1d20)[11] AC 2 dark physical. (2d10+23)[39].

I've given you guys permission to edit the google doc. When you guys maneuver yourself or your pokemon please edit the map to reflect this fact. It makes my life easier, and I'll make less mistakes.

Also, if the stats on the pad aren't updated, please post speeds in your posts.
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2012-11-13 at 01:04 AM.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #415
    Ogre in the Playground

"Whoa! Faster than I thought... Kiai!"

Ken's punch had a strange twist to it. If it was a ghost, his attack would go through it regardless, and this didn't /look/ poison or psychic, he hoped... "Viktor!" He called out amidst his swing.

Spoiler
    Show

Ken is going to punch the dog next to him without moving!

If it is still upright on Viktor's turn, he'll attack it with a headbutt.
    If it is unconscious before Viktor can act, he'll move to N-21 M-23 and use harden instead. (Location edited as red dog did move)

(Uh, so I can't move Viktor myself as I don't know if the dog next to him will still be up when his action comes around. )

Ken's trainer attack roll: (1d20)[11] (AC 2, Physical, fighting)
    Ken's damage roll: (1d12+19)[28]

And if the headbutt is applicable...

Viktor's headbutt attack roll: (1d20)[8] (AC 2, Physical, normal, flinches on 15-20)
    Viktor's headbutt damage roll: (3d8+21)[26]

Last edited by Kantolin; 2012-11-13 at 11:10 AM.

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

26. - Top - End - #416
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Spoiler
    Show

Forgot the perception check
    (1d20+2)[5]

"Blast it with that rock thing you have!" Aeon said pointing out the nearby animal.

Spoiler
    Show

Hidden Power at P21 (hits 3m burst so firing behind the pokemon to not hit Viktor
    Type: Rock
    (1d20)[8] vs 2
    (1d12+19)[22]

27. - Top - End - #417

RedWizardGuy

Charybdis is unfazed by the red dog's roar and stands his ground. "Alright Charybdis use Bubble the red dog."

Spoiler
    Show
    (d20)[17] 2+SDEF Water. SATK Lowers Speed on 16-20
    (d6+15)[18]Add three damage I forgot about Improved Attack +
    Last edited by Asdfth; 2012-11-13 at 12:17 PM.

28. - Top - End - #418
    Ettin in the Playground

Fighting with Rabids

The grey pokemon falls with a cry as Ken and Sunny hit it hard. Viktor moves in front of the red pokemon, who begins salivating at the scent of Viktor's blood. It launches itself at Viktor and summons flames to surround its body while it charges without any thought of defenses. The dog who appears to have a skull on its head leaps at Viktor and attempts to bite off his head. The large dog charges angrily at Ken and starts to beat at it angrily, taking encouragement from its several of its teammates.

Two small bears with crescent moons leap out of the trees behind the group with crazed eyes and sharp claws.

Spoiler
    Show
    The bears don't appear until their initiative, so only viktor could react to them.

Vs Viktor Flame Wheel: (1d20)[19] AC 2 Physical Fire; (2d10+36)[44]
    Vs Viktor Bite: (1d20)[15] AC 2, Flinch 15, Dark Physical. (2d10+38)[50]
    Vs Ken Beat Up: (1d20)[9], (1d20)[20], [roll]/roll[/roll]20 (rolled OOC), (1d20)[2], (1d20)[20], (1d20)[8]. AC 2 physical dark. Stops after 1 miss.
    (1d12+30)[31], (1d12)[12], (1d12)[4], (1d12)[4], (1d12)[6], (1d12)[3]

2 crit rolls for beat up totaled 19.

I should probably give you guys initiatives ;)
    Trainers
    Big Dog
    Skull Dog
    Sunny
    Red Dog
    Charybdis
    Grey Dog
    Bears
    Viktor

Leon

You comments fall on deaf ears as Medina continues walking out of the room, clearly ignoring any objections you might have.
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2012-11-13 at 08:51 PM.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #419
    Titan in the Playground

Satisfied with this result, Leon will wait a moment and leave the building, wandering around town for now channeling his irritation to help him focus moving the charge.

30. - Top - End - #420
    Ettin in the Playground

Leon

Everybody seems to be in bed at the moment, the only lights on are in the building you were just in and the gate you entered through.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show