New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Prologue to Disaster (PTA) IC

Leon will wander down the main road for now, focusing on his exercises.

After a bit of effort, he'll give passing the charge directly between his hands a try.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Ogre in the Playground

"Here it comes!"

Ken was a flurry of blocks and parries - managing to lessen the blows considerably. When it was finished, however, he was bleeding profusely - and more pokemon came from behind.

He couldn't be in two places at once. "Behind you, Drake!" He called out, before glaring at the big dog.

"Come on!" He shouted aggressively into the big dog's face, popping the lid off a can of soda. "You call that a hit?" And after guzzling the liquid therein, he hurled the can at the mutt - without enough force to actually hurt him, of course, but hey. "Viktor, keep up the defenses! These guys are nothing!"

As he was exceptionally worried about what would happen if hits like that went at someone else.

"Araron!" Viktor gave a similar taunt... although he totally didn't catch the underlying worry in Ken's facadé - and believe you me, it was a facadé. That hurt like blazes and Ken sure didn't want attacks like that coming into anyone else.

...Amber could probably see through the act.

Spoiler
    Show

Ken is at 39/90 and the dog gets a turn before anyone, so uh... I think I /have/ to drink the soda. :P That puts Ken at 90/90. Thank 'choke for damage reduction! *Crosses fingers*

Viktor will use another iron defense again for similar reason - really can't afford him going down right now.

Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

3. - Top - End - #423
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Drake heard Ken's warning and advanced to P25."Charybdis use Scald on the bear in front of you"
    Spoiler
    Show
    (d20)[1]2+SDEF Water burns on 15-20
    (3d10+27)[53] Darn it
    Last edited by Asdfth; 2012-11-14 at 01:19 AM.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Sunny, here is hoping that random thing helps us..." Amber said biting her lip. She felt so useless, but she didn't know how good her new friends were in a fight and didn't want to send them out. Gurren would need to get close and she didn't want him eaten, and Omega was in the same boat.

"Aim for the Big dog!" She called out. Suddenly a bright blast of electricity fired out from Togetic and flew right at the dog.

Spoiler
    Show

See OOC:
    Shockwave, Autohit, electric, special
    Column 2x2 (Due to the fact that she is flying not sure if that would go over Ken or hit Ken also... I'm firing it diagonally down.

Autohit
    (2d10+21)[39]

5. - Top - End - #425
    Ettin in the Playground

Leon

The switch from using the training rod to using you hands, but you start to get the hang of it as you walk up and down the main street. Nobody seems to mind your pacings, probably because they're all in bed. It's a good thing too. All to often you loose control and electricity arcs off in bursts that would upset a good number of people.

Suddenly a small pokemon appears in front of you. The feline has what appears to be coin on its head, and a collar adorns its neck. It's back is arched and its claws are out. It hisses at you angrily.

Group

The boiling jet of water goes wide as the arc of electricity from Sunny skims Ken as it slams into the largest dog. It snarls in anger and leaps at Amber since it can't reach the togetic she commands. The two smaller dogs continue to smash into Viktor. The two bears leap at Drake's Horsea, and claw him with unnerving accuracy.

You can hear a monsterous crashing sound in the trees, as though an incredibly large pokemon is smashing its way towards the battle.

Spoiler
    Show
    Vs Amber: (1d20)[4] Dark AC 2. Flinch 15+. (2d10+38)[51]
    Vs Viktor Flame Wheel (1d20)[14] AC 2 (2d8+36)[44]
    Bite (1d20)[11] AC 2 Flinch 15+. (2d8+38)[44]
    Vs Charbydis Faint attack (x2). (2d10+25)[37], (2d10+25)[42]
    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

World at War (PTA) as Francis May

GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Titan in the Playground

Leon hisses back and grabs up the rod. He wasn't in the mood.
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

7. - Top - End - #427
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Amber stumbles backward her eyes wide as she looks down confused at the red trickling from her. Blood? I'm bleeding...pain? I've been bite before...but not like this... She thought to herself as she tried to clear her mind. She tries to stumble backward and away and clear her mind, but a part of her freezes up. She couldn't imagine a pokemon hurting her, not this bad, not like this.

Sunny, however, moves quickly and hovers right over the dog and starts trying to channel something useful with the metronome. With people so close a hidden power rock wouldn't work.

As she drew on the random chaotic nature she felt the earth leaping back as the ground began to shake with a powerful force.

Spoiler
    Show

Magnitude 6 >.> Of course the strongest. I hope this misses, I'll take a wasted turn to blowing up half the party...

Ground (2m-burst)
    (1d20)[2] vs 2 (physical)
    (4d10+4)[32]

Edit: WHEW! alright, I was useless but didn't kill us all.
    *checks*
    Missed Aron, missed Ken, missed horsea
    Last edited by Major; 2012-11-14 at 09:06 PM.

8. - Top - End - #428
    Ogre in the Playground

It moved /away/ from him.

"LEAVE HER - " Ken began to shout, when he jerked the other way as the two bears advanced on Drake.

"LEAVE HIM - " He began, when he again noticed that Amber was now bleeding profusely from the dog's assault.

"WHY! Is there NOT! TWO of me!" He shouted to the sky, more than a little flustered. "Okay, You!"

And he slammed his fist into the big dog's jaw. "Amber - back off! Viktor! Smash the one hitting you harder!"

The aron, who was staggering a bit but keeping himself upright, complied, growling, "Araron!"

Spoiler
    Show

Or he hopefully does so and doesn't miss. :P Anyway - Ken punches big dog! Viktor will headbutt at the grey dog!

Ken's attack roll: (1d20)[14] (AC 2, Physical, Fighting)
    Ken's damage roll: (1d12+19)[26]

Viktor's Attack roll: (1d20)[11] (AC 2, physical, normal, flinch on 15+)
    Viktor's Damage roll: (3d8+21)[29]

Ken's HP: 90/90
    Viktor's HP: 21/52
    Last edited by Kantolin; 2012-11-14 at 09:59 PM.

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

9. - Top - End - #429

RedWizardGuy

Charybdis somehow managed to stay alive but was knock out. Drake ran to P19 and returned Charybdis. Return Charybdis and go Iragore use Dual Chop on the skull dog" Iragore is summoned at M21 and uses Dual Chop
    Speed 9
    Spoiler
    Show
    (d20)[15] 3+Def Dragon Physical
    (d20)[1] 3+Def Dragon Physical
    (2d8+28)[37]
    [roll] 2d8+9[/roll]

10. - Top - End - #430
    Ettin in the Playground

Leon

The pokemon, who is identified as meowth, arches its back. The message is clear. Back off now.

Group

You pokedex identifies the pokemon as houndor, houndoom, growlithe, and poochyen (who has fallen). They still seem to be processing the information on the bears.

Ken's fist drops the houndoom to the ground, dead. Sunny miscalculated the distance and sent powerful waves far underground, which was probably a blessing in disguise for the party.

The houndor bites at igraore before the little dragon and Viktor combine forcess to fell the rabid dog. Growithe continues to hammer on Viktor, seeming determined to drop the steel type mon.

The two bears run to Amber and Ken and lick the trainers viciously. What would normally be cute now seems to be from a horror movie. Suddenly, a large bear, larger than any other mon in the clearing appears. It immediately becomes obvious that this is the Ursaring who leads the pack. It is just as rabid as the rest of them, and its frighteningly close to Drake!

Spoiler
    Show

Bite vs igraore (1d20)[19] Physical Dark. Flinch 19+. (2d8+22)[29]
    Flame wheel vs viktor (1d20)[20] Physical fire (2d8+36)[43] +12 damage for crit

Licks AC 2 physical ghost. paralyze 15+
    vs ken (1d20)[8]; (1d6+45)[48]
    vs amber (1d20)[9]; (1d6+45)[50]
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2012-11-15 at 02:52 PM.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #431
    Titan in the Playground

Leon refuses to back down, and sends out Thomas.

"Bring it, kitty!"

12. - Top - End - #432

RedWizardGuy

After being ambushed by another bear Drake moves to K19 and summons Krayt at L18"Krayt stop the big bear in its trak use sand tomb."
    Spoiler
    Show
    (d20)[9] 4+Def ground
    (d12+18)[23]
    (d4+1)[2] turns trapped.

13. - Top - End - #433
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

As the bear charges Amber, she tries to step back but finds herself backed against the tree line. "No don't I can hel---" She starts to saw before the claw slashes across her chest. She felt more sharp pain as she felt her body hurl backwards and slam against a tree. Then the world faded to black until unconsciousness relieved her of the intense pain.

Spoiler
    Show

Amber is KO'd (-41/60) hopefully they won't attack my down body >.>

Not sure if Sunny can act alone, but if she can...
    Yawn, 4m burst, centered at N27 (think thats it, I'm bad with burst, I want to hit N24, M 25, N25, O25 [bears] and the trees.)

Auto-hit
    Last edited by Major; 2012-11-15 at 03:58 PM.

14. - Top - End - #434
    Ogre in the Playground

Viktor was only barely upright after that blow. Ken noted the tough little aron wobble back and forth a bit, determined not to go down. Normally he'd return the Aron.

...but if he didn't manage to drop at least one of these two little bears, he'd unquestionably be joining amber in the realm of unconsciousness. Boy he hoped it was just unconsciousness. He reared back...

...and froze for half an instant, staring at the enormous bear. No, he had to just cross his fingers and hope he was still conscious for that particular conflict.

So! He stepped by theunconscious amber. "Leave her alone!" He called out - his attack was far less of an actual attack and more of him punting the bear. "Keep it up, Viktor! Smash it!"

Spoiler
    Show

Ken will stay put and whack the teddy bear.
    Attack roll: (1d20)[8] AC 2, Physical, Fighting
    Damage roll: (1d12+19)[20]

Viktor will tackle the dog!
    Attack roll: (1d20)[11] AC 2, physical, normal
    Damage roll: (2d8+17)[24]

Ken's HP: 52/90
    Viktor's HP: 2/52

Last edited by Kantolin; 2012-11-15 at 09:55 PM.

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

15. - Top - End - #435
    Ettin in the Playground

Things are finally starting to look up. Karyt manages to trap the giant bear in a vortex of sand, and the houndor faints to Viktor's persistent attacking.

The ursaring roars in anger and glares at the world angrily. Your dex identifies the bears as teddiursa. One of them throws itself at Karyt, fading in and out of sight to strike him hard. The other does a similar strike, but instead leaps at Igraore. The two fall to the ground snoring after they strike; Sunny's attack had worked.

Spoiler
    Show
    vs Igraore. Dark physical auto hit. (2d10+36)[42]
    vs Karyt. Dark physical auto hit. [roll]]2d10+36[/roll] 46 was rolled in an accidental post I deleted
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2012-11-15 at 10:38 PM.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #436
    Ettin in the Playground

Leon

The meowth spits angrily and leaps forwards to latch its jaws onto Thomas.

Spoiler
    Show
    I don't think we need a map for this. If Thomas is flying out of reach, the meowth instead attacks you.

Bite (1d20)[14] AC 2 physical dark. Flinch 15+. (2d10+15)[32]
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2012-11-15 at 10:59 PM.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #437
    Titan in the Playground

Thomas will fly up out of reach and charge himself up.

Leon will wave the rod threatening, trying to convince the thing to back off.

Spoiler
    Show
    str check: (d20+3)[15]

using charge, boosts sdef 1 stage and increases damage of next electric attack.

18. - Top - End - #438

RedWizardGuy

Both Krayt and Iragore go down."Darn it are we going to die". Drake ran to Viktor, L23 and used a potion on him."Well at least one Pokemon can fight."
    Spoiler
    Show
    (2d12+10)[25]

19. - Top - End - #439
    Ogre in the Playground

Ken braced himse... asleep! Good!

So he whirled to Vikto.... fine! Better!

Now, this in no way implied that they were in good shape, but Ken hurried over to Viktor. "Way to go buddy! One more!"

"Aron?" The Aron noticed how profusely Ken was bleeding more than he did. Ken shook his head.

"You're the only one of us who can even almost withstand that bear - I'm fine!"

"Aron!"

"No don't go headbutt it! Yigads! Keep clear of it - spray some mud!"

He glanced to Amber for a moment - she was still lying still. The martial artist gritted his teeth, but there wasn't anything he could do about that right nowthat was more valuable than ensuring that the hostile pokemon were dealt with.

So, Drake. "Viktor can... try to withstand the bear once he's free from that sand. If he - no. When he keeps his footing to it, can yours - "

Ken hadn't completely noticed how hurt Drake's pokemon were. He swallowed, and glanced at his remaining soda. "- er... or well. I guess I'll come in punching. Wait - punching!"

In which... he stared at his pokeball with Kleid, then back up to Drake. For a moment, his mind strayed back to the earlier parts of the fight - Drake had commanded his pokemon with far more skill than he was capable of... he could barely keep track of just Viktor.

"Drake - you're better with pokemon than I am by far. Can you command Kleid? Er, he's my machop."

He held out the other pokeball - although the sentimental value of the action was itself heart wrenching. Still - there was no way he could do it.

"He's a special defender, not a physical one, but any help when our backs are to a wall, right?"

Oh boy he hoped Sunny had a good knack for combat.
    Oh boy he hoped those little be... teddiursa would remain sleeping for more than a couple instants.
    Last edited by Kantolin; 2012-11-16 at 01:46 AM.

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

20. - Top - End - #440
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Sunny, determined to defend her fallen trainer, fires a blast of rocks to the side of the bear to create an explosion that would avoid hurting her ally.

Spoiler
    Show

Rock, Hidden Power, Special
    (1d20)[4] vs 2
    (1d12+19)[24]

21. - Top - End - #441

RedWizardGuy

Drake takes the Pokeball and summons Kleid at O22. Kleid looks excited to see Ken though what he saw suprised it. His owner beaten and his ball in the hands of a complete stranger. Drake then turns to Ken, "Ken tell me what he can do and tell him it is okay to trust me."
    Last edited by Asdfth; 2012-11-16 at 03:00 PM.

22. - Top - End - #442
    Ogre in the Playground

Ken nodded, kneeling by Kleid. Who continued his worried look - that made it quite clear that he was uncomfortable. Likely due to the sheer volume of unconscious and battered pokemon that were about the area, as well as the furious enormous bear trapped in sand.

"Yeah, we're in trouble - but you know me, Kleid, I can barely keep track of one of you guys. Drake here's doing everything he can to help us out - you gotta follow his lead for a bit."

Kleid looked at Drake, then back to Ken. "Chop?" The hesitance was very apparent.

Ken sprayed a potion of his own on Viktor - and Kleid realized that those were bite marks in the aron's steel carapace. "I gotta focus on Viktor - it's just until we get through this, buddy."

"Chop." Kleid was still hesitant, as he looked at Drake, then at the unconscious amber, then the ursaring. Tensing both fists, he thrust them into the air. "CHOP!"

...even that was a lot less exuberant than typical for Kleid, but it meant he was trying. Okay, crash course. "Uh, he has bulldoze - that's best for keeping him away, and he has light scre - " Wait! Not useful! Ken!

"Uh, if he has to get close, he has uh... the two los: Low kick, low sweep. And an overha... karate chop. Focuses his chi for - er, focus energy. And he can lower Viktor's key - er, defense. Uh, Leer. And - no don't headbutt it! Fling mu - Mud Slap! Keep a bit away from it - let him come to you when that wears off!"

And Viktor, who had been about to go jump into the sand tomb and deliver a headbutt, instead stopped short and sprayed some mud. Kleid glanced to Drake - he was still a little hesitant, but he could feel the worry in Ken's voice. "Chop!" He gave another half-hearted pose, but it was a pose nonetheless. He was willing to try.

Spoiler
    Show

Ken will then potion Viktor to make sure!
    (2d12+10)[21]

Viktor will hop to... uh, O-19, I think. That should make him closest while still allowing for ranged attacks past him if people keep a step behind him. Then mud slap!

Attack roll: (1d20)[9] AC2, special, ground, target must hit at +1 accuracy.
    Damage roll: (1d6+5)[7]
    (Hopefully that combines with Viktor's defenses to keep him upright)
    Last edited by Kantolin; 2012-11-16 at 10:59 PM.

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

23. - Top - End - #443

RedWizardGuy

Drake looks at Kleid and tries to give it a reassuring nod. "Alright Kleid please trust me. Use Bulldoze at this area" Drake orders Kleid to use Bulldoze at Q21
    Spoiler
    Show
    (d20)[8]2+Def Ground Physical. Lowers speed if hits and please god let it hit.
    (2d10+22)[33]

24. - Top - End - #444
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Sunny floats around not wanting to risk messing things up with her metronome and hoping the others could do it till she could charge the rock power.

25. - Top - End - #445
    Ettin in the Playground

Leon

You manage to brush the meowth off after it bites you with a combination of force and electricity. It hisses, arches its back, and puffs out its fur. Suddenly a door opens with a loud BANG. What the hell 're you doin? Its three in the morning stop making a racket!

The Group

The Tediursas sleep soundly through the noise of the battle. The ursaring however, seems to be bearly holding onto consciousness. It roars angrily, but seems to be unable to do anything aside from roar angrily.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #446
    Titan in the Playground

Leon will say, "You need to teach your meowth to stop harassing passersby at night." in as calm a voice as he can manage.

27. - Top - End - #447
    Ettin in the Playground

That thing's not mine you dolt. And what the hell are you doing out at this time of the night anyway? Who are you?

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #448
    Titan in the Playground

"Couldn't sleep, so I went for a walk. Someone's meowth picked a fight with me. They don't come with collars in the wild."

29. - Top - End - #449
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh that thing? Her owner died last week, and she's been angsty ever since we brought his body back. Sometimes she's worse than other, but this isn't the first time she's been a Nusiance during the night. If you can make her like you, she's good in a scramble.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #450
    Titan in the Playground

"Sure thing. Do you know what her name is?" Whatever the man answers, Leon will approach the cat and say, "I can't replace your old friend, but I can offer that if you come with me, you won't be alone."