New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Prologue to Disaster (PTA) IC

That accomplished, Leon will call out Nicolai to accompany him on his way back. The crackling static with his every move hasn't subsided at all.

In fact, if anything, the walk back was even more noisy. At this level of crackle and hum, it sounded familiar. The sharp pop when Nicolai rubbed against his hand affectionately startled him into recognition! Nicolai sounded just like that shortly after he was hatched, before he mastered his powers.

What was happening to him?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

That one was enough to drop the aron, knocking him back with the floor. Ken hoisted his aron first, looking at him.

"You did great, Viktor. Way to power through it."

The aron slowly closed his eyes, quite unconscious. "Okay! Kleid, it's all up to you now!"

"CHOP!" The machop shouted at the top of his lungs. He clasped his red-gloved hands together.

"Kleid! Peg'm with a straight!"

"Ma....CHOP!" The machop rushed forward, delivering a left straight punch. Anyone that spoke pokemon would know that the giant ham was, in fact, loudly shouting the names of his punch as he delivered it... but if you didn't, it'd work as a typical battle grunt. Ken didn't.

Spoiler
    Show

Kleid uses karate chop! (Speed is 4)

Attack roll: (1d20)[16] (Physical, fighting, crits on a 17-20)
    Damage roll: (2d8+20)[26]
    Last edited by Kantolin; 2012-10-22 at 10:42 PM.
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

3. - Top - End - #213
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Truely fascinating Drake thought has he read about the Dratini line. Though I feel like my battle is about to start. Drake but the Codex away and stood there waiting for his match to start. "Good luck Ken and good luck Jonathan."
    Last edited by Asdfth; 2012-10-23 at 07:21 AM.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Orc in the Playground

"Rock/Ground, I see. Go Delta!"
    Jonathan releases his Porygon.

"And the Raven, never flitting, still is sitting, still is sitting
    On the pallid bust of Pallas just above my chamber door"
    - Edgar Allan Poe, "The Raven"

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ettin in the Playground

Amber

M. takes you out of ERASE and to Devon Headquarters in the limo you took to his laboratory.

Feel free to come talk to me anytime you'd like. I feel that I could learn as much from you as you could from us. In the meantime I'll ask around; somebody may have heard of your evee.

Ken

The pokemon falls, as your pokedex identifies it as a geodude. Gneiss quickly releases another pokemon. Blue and circular, it has a sturdy shell to protect it from attackers.

Spoiler
    Show
    You are faster

Leon

You get some odd looks from people you brush into in the busy streets after they jump in shock, literally. As you're about halfway to the gym a girl walks up to you. She's younger than you, probably about 16 and has a pikachu on her shoulder. Belly showing and skintight pants, she is the picture of teenage rebellion.

She speaks in dramatically hushed tones Do you want to draw attention to yourself? Why do you keep cracking people?

Chu! the pikachu peeps in agreement. As she raises her hand to calm the pokemon, you see a peculiar marking on her hand. A black line circled her palm, and inside an image of a bird lay. Jagged lines sprawled around it, reminiscent of lightning bolts.

Spoiler
    Show
    Roll an Int check with an additional +5 bonus

Drake

As you finish pursuing the Codex, polite applause breaks out around the gym. Jonathan emerges, but before you could approach him, Gneiss takes you into a new cage. I suppose you're also a first timer?

Jonathan

Porygon? Those things are everywhere these days.

Spoiler
    Show
    You are faster
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2012-10-23 at 11:27 PM.
    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

World at War (PTA) as Francis May

GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Leon

You get some odd looks from people you brush into in the busy streets after they jump in shock, literally. As you're about halfway to the gym a girl walks up to you. She's younger than you, probably about 16 and has a pikachu on her shoulder. Belly showing and skintight pants, she is the picture of teenage rebellion.

She speaks in dramatically hushed tones Do you want to draw attention to yourself? Why do you keep cracking people?

Chu! the pikachu peeps in agreement. As she raises her hand to calm the pokemon, you see a peculiar marking on her hand. A black line circled her palm, and inside an image of a bird lay. Jagged lines sprawled around it, reminiscent of lightning bolts.

Spoiler
    Show
    Roll an Int check with an additional +5 bonus
    Spoiler
    Show
    int check - (d20+8)[24]

"Hey, girl, I would stop if I knew how. Can't seem to be able to control it. It just started... happening... this afternoon. My body seems to be naturally inducing an electrical current just like an electric 'mon."
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Kleid is quite boastful!

Ken

The pokemon falls, as your pokedex identifies it as a geodude. Gneiss quickly releases another pokemon. Blue and circular, it has a sturdy shell to protect it from attackers.

Spoiler
    Show
    You are faster
    "Maaa-chop!"

The machop thrust both arms in the air, then stepped backwars, pointing forward with one fist. "Chop!" And then the other. "Chop!" And then both hands on his side. "Maaaaaa-CHOP!"

He crossed his arms. Ken laughed. "Haha, way to go, Kleid. Watch out though - there's another. Give it one of the same!"

"Maa!" The machop stepped forward, bringing both arms backwards in what was in fact a pointless but admittedly showy maneuver before launching himself into a somersault, bringing both hands down fiercely. "Chop!"

Spoiler
    Show

Kleid uses karate chop again!

Attack roll: (1d20)[5] (Physical, fighting, Crits on a 17-20)
    Damage roll: (2d8+20)[24]

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

8. - Top - End - #218

RedWizardGuy

"Yes this is my first time competing in a gym battle. Drake then follows Gneiss to a new cage.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Orc in the Playground

"They are still far from common. Delta, Psybeam!"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Psybeam: (1d20)[7], AC 2; Damage: (3d8+23)[37]
    How high is the "battlefield"?
    Last edited by Wabbajack; 2012-10-24 at 08:22 AM.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ettin in the Playground

Leon

You instantly recognize the pokemon tattooed on the girl's palm as Zapdos, the legendary bird of thunder and lighting.

The girl raises an eyebrow, but you can't tell is she's impressed or skeptical. You have no idea what's going on?

Another boy runs up to her, about the same age. He wears a hoodie with the name of a popular band strewn across the front and holey jeans.
    Why is this taking so long Stella? He looks at you demandingly, Are you coming?

Skye I haven't told him yet.
    Sky turns to you with an aggravated sigh. You're a Volter and if you don't learn to stop cracking everyone who walks down the street then the Jennies'll come after us.

Ken

Kleid's maneuvers give the turtle time to maneuver, but he manages to connect with the blue pokemon. It shakes its head to clear it, and retaliates quickly.

The air thickens as it opens it's mouth. You sense a power of ages past in its stance as it gives a roar. Rock spires fly at Kleid dangerously.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ancientpower! (1d20)[15] AC 2 special rock. (2d10+14)[28]

Jonathan

Your attack hits the geodude hard, but it stays concious. Boulder. Rock Tomb. The stones under Delta rise up from the ground and shoot at him.

Spoiler
    Show
    5 feet high.

(1d20)[5] Ac 5 physical rock. (2d8+22)[28]

Drake

Well, lets see if you can do as well as your friends did.

He removes a pokeball from his pocket and releases what appears to be a rock with eyes and arms.

Spoiler
    Show
    Its speed is 2. If your pokemon is faster feel free to take your turn.

Have a Map
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2012-10-24 at 02:23 PM.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #221

RedWizardGuy

"I'll do my best. Alright Charybdis come on out and use scald. Charybdis is next to Drake and shoots out hot water towards the rock.
    Charybdis's speed is seven
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20)[12]2+SDEF
    (3d10+25)[49]
    Last edited by Asdfth; 2012-10-24 at 02:28 PM.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Orc in the Playground

The rocks barely miss Delta.
    "Ignore his futile attacks. Z+3 and then release your Hidden Power!"
    Delta glows purple for a moment before releasing a blast-wave of psychic energy.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Seeing that the Geodudes Blast 3 didn't hit one of the trainers I'm gonna assume that Delta's Blast 3 attack doesn't either.
    Delta flies up to 4C+3 and uses Hidden Power: (1d20)[19] AC 2; Damage: (2d8+19)[28]
    Last edited by Wabbajack; 2012-10-26 at 11:40 AM.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

Ken

Kleid's maneuvers give the turtle time to maneuver, but he manages to connect with the blue pokemon. It shakes its head to clear it, and retaliates quickly.

The air thickens as it opens it's mouth. You sense a power of ages past in its stance as it gives a roar. Rock spires fly at Kleid dangerously.

[spoiler]Ancientpower! (1d20)[10] AC 2 special rock. (2d8+20)[28]
    "Chop!"

The machop recoiled backwards as the stones struck him in the face. He tried to get his footing, seemed to fail to do so, tumbled backwards into a handstand, and then flipped forward. "Chop!" He called out, getting into a low stance.

It was all Ken could do to not out and out laugh. "Okay, we get it, Kleid. Try a hook!"

"Maaaaaaa - chop!" The machop feinted left, gave an extra exceptionally unnecessary feint right which more or less negated the first feint, and then gave a left hook.

Spoiler
    Show

Kleid uses yet another Karate chop!
    Attack roll: (1d20)[10] (Physical, fighting, crits on a 17-20)
    Damage roll: (2d8+20)[28]

Kleid's HP: 37/46
    (Damage was 28 - 10 = 18 / 2 = 9! Huzzah for an out of the ordinary specially defensive machop!)

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Amber thanks the man and heads back in the headquarters to wait for the others.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ettin in the Playground

Amber

As you wait in the Lobby, people filter in and out, but otherwise it seems to be a relatively standard buisness day.

Spoiler
    Show
    Just so you know, the others are meeting at the gym. Feel free to edit your last post if you'd like to go there instead.

Ken

The turtle takes the blow, and looks distinctly worse for wear, but still manages to muster up the ability to launch an attack at Kleid. It leaps at him, water coalessing around its body, and slammed itself at the machop.

Spoiler
    Show
    Aqua Jet: (1d20)[7] AC 2 pysical water. (1d12+25)[27]

Drake

The water connects with the boulder and it blasts into a million pieces. The gym becomes eerily silent as people watch Gneiss.

He slowly stores the pokeball in his pocket. He shudders, tears streaming down his eyes. Suddenly he looks at you, and you feel the weight of a mountain on you.

Get out of my gym. Now.

Gneiss almost looks like he would cross the cage and pulverise you then and there, instead he quickly gathers the remains of the pokemon and leaves the cage.

Spoiler
    Show
    460 xp to your horsea

Jonathan

Spoiler
    Show
    As long as you base it in the right square, it can be engineered so that only it is hit. What square does Delta target? Just edit it into your last post and tell me on the pad or in a pm when you've edited.
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2012-10-24 at 04:28 PM.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Ouch! Keep going, Kleid!

Ken

The turtle takes the blow, and looks distinctly worse for wear, but still manages to muster up the ability to launch an attack at Kleid. It leaps at him, water coalessing around its body, and slammed itself at the machop.

Spoiler
    Show
    Aqua Jet: (1d20-1)[5] AC 2 pysical water. (2d8+22)[29]
    "Chop!"

That chop had a distinctly different ring to it. I mean sure, both of those attacks hurt, but this one hurt a heck of a lot more.

"Maaaa - Chop!" Still, Kleid was not, in fact, all talk. He'd keep going!

Placing one hand by his side, he made a pass in front of his body with the other, which he had seen on TV was how you gathered your chi, whatever that meant - but it had looked cool.

"Go for an uppercut! Check it though - he looks pretty beat up!"

"Maaa..." Ducking down low, Kleid leapt into the air with a rising punch. "Chop!"

Spoiler
    Show

Kleid uses yet another Karate chop! But this time he is intentionally foregoing critical hits, if that's okay. >_>

Attack roll: (1d20-1)[5]
    Damage roll: (2d8+22)[29] (I actually have been forgetting stab!)

Kleid's HP: 15/46
    (Damage was 27 - 5 = 22! Suck for being out of the ordinary specially defensive :P)

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

17. - Top - End - #227

RedWizardGuy

"Return Charybdis. Drake said somberly. "Please forgive me Gneiss I promise I will do my hardest to earn your forgiveness. Drake said as he left the gym.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Amer waits for a bit before being informed that the others were at the gym. She quickly facepalms and goes running to the gym worried the others would be waiting on her and think she was an idiot.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Titan in the Playground

Leon

You instantly recognize the pokemon tattooed on the girl's palm as Zapdos, the legendary bird of thunder and lighting.

The girl raises an eyebrow, but you can't tell is she's impressed or skeptical. You have no idea what's going on?

Another boy runs up to her, about the same age. He wears a hoodie with the name of a popular band strewn across the front and holey jeans.
    Why is this taking so long Stella? He looks at you demandingly, Are you coming?

Skye I haven't told him yet.
    Sky turns to you with an aggravated sigh. You're a Volter and if you don't learn to stop cracking everyone who walks down the street then the Jennies'll come after us.
    "I'd love to learn. Lead the way. I trust this will start to make sense soon." Leon said, still kinda clueless as to what's going on. These two, however, seem to know what they're doing, so he'll trust them for now. If things start to go foul, he's got a pretty strong team. He trusts that he can handle himself. Besides, seeing the symbol of Zapdos engendered some trust in him automatically. The bird was akin to Thundurus among Pokemon legends.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ettin in the Playground

Drake

Stony silence permeates the gym as you leave. The air is crisp an clear outside and people walk up and down the street completely unaware of the events that transpired in the gym.

After a minute, you see Amber walking down the street towards the gym.

Amber

You walk quickly through the crowded streets of most of the city. As you approach the gym, you see Drake standing near the gym looking dejected.

Ken

The pokemon (a Tirtouga as your pokedex identifies it) falls to Kleid's carefully scripted attacks.

And that's the match. Gneiss booms. He returns the pokemon and leads you to his office on the bottom level of the gym. He quickly retrieves a small syringe and a badge and gives them to you. Your first badge, the Stone Badge. Treasure them, as this one's the easiest to earn. Also I'm giving you one of my favorite TMs: Rock Tomb.

Leon

Don't touch anybody. Sky says, and starts walking. The two lead you through back alleyways and dark side streets.

Sky talks as you walkYou're a Volter: a person who can harness the elements that pokemon can use. Usually we manifest our powers during early puberty; it's odd that you're so old and just started showing. It's probably not a natural gift that you were born with, but some kind of outside stimulus instilled it in you.

You arrive at a run down hotel building, obviously out of business. Sky takes off his hood, and you see a similar tattoo to Stella's on the back of his neck. Welcome to The Roost. It's where we live. We're part of the Storm Crows: A family of teenagers who were thrown out of their homes when their powers started appearing. As long as we don't trouble people, the Jennies are willing to ignore our living somewhere that they're supposed to tear down.

Long story short we need you to stop cracking people, or the Jennies'll stop being so accepting of our being here.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Amber waves to the only person she recognized, "Hey there, what's wrong?"

22. - Top - End - #232
    Titan in the Playground

Leon

Don't touch anybody. Sky says, and starts walking. The two lead you through back alleyways and dark side streets.

Sky talks as you walkYou're a Volter: a person who can harness the elements that pokemon can use. Usually we manifest our powers during early puberty; it's odd that you're so old and just started showing. It's probably not a natural gift that you were born with, but some kind of outside stimulus instilled it in you.

You arrive at a run down hotel building, obviously out of business. Sky takes off his hood, and you see a similar tattoo to Stella's on the back of his neck. Welcome to The Roost. It's where we live. We're part of the Storm Crows: A family of teenagers who were thrown out of their homes when their powers started appearing. As long as we don't trouble people, the Jennies are willing to ignore our living somewhere that they're supposed to tear down.

Long story short we need you to stop cracking people, or the Jennies'll stop being so accepting of our being here.
    "I would love to learn. Is there someone that can teach me?"

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yeah! Way to go, Kleid!"

"Chop!" The machop pumped both hands in the air. He then did a standing backflip, swinging one arm in a sweep. "Choooop!" He attempted a double backflip, making it about one and a half times through it before landing kinda hard on his head.

"CHOP!" There came that 'ouch that really hurt' shout again. He rubbed his head, as Ken patted him on the back.

"You did a great job, tough guy."

He nodded to Gneiss. "Thank you! I'll treasure it - and I think Viktor can really use that TM, since he doesn't have any rock attacks of his own yet."

He clasped his fists together politely as he walked out of the gym. "Okay, Drake's battle is next - that should give me enough time to go heal up and get both my pokemon TM'd."

(And presuming nothing else needs to happen, Ken will go the pokemon centre, heal both of his pokemon, apply rock tomb to Viktor, apply rain dance to Kleid, and then go back to the gym to meet Drake and Amber outside a bit after they've met each other)

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

24. - Top - End - #234

RedWizardGuy

Drake looks at Amber and put his head down "I killed Gneiss's Pokemon Drake said in a somber voice.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Amber gets dead quiet as she hears that unsure what to say. A part of her wanted to know who Gneiss was, another part wanted to know why, and another wanted to ask how. But with the shock and all the questions Amber couldn't find anything to say.

"Um...oh, I see..."
    She says setting her backpack down and opening it up without saying anything else. She needed a way to distract herself so she released her pokemon and began gathering and trying to make food. "Ummm...if you can release your pokemon I can try and feed them too..." She says quietly.

Spoiler
    Show

Able to make food for (1d4+2)[3] people or pokemon. Amber is focusing on her pokemon, though if I roll high she will eat one herself.

Edit: Ouch...

Amber frowns as she looks at the end result of the food. Her being emotionally upset due to the death of a pokemon had distracted her and she'd messed up and burned a large portion of the food. Looking it over, she sighed, "Great...messed it up, I only got enough for three..." She mumbles. "Errr sorry, I'm not sure I actually have enough. I'm sorry, I said I could and now I can't. That was dumb of me..."
    Last edited by Major; 2012-10-25 at 04:04 PM.

26. - Top - End - #236

RedWizardGuy

"That is okay Amber your intent was clear and kind."

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ettin in the Playground

Leon

Sky turns to you It's a skill that comes with time and effort, just like everything else. If you practice you can do [I]this![/I He shoves his hand into the air and a crackling ball of electricity shoots from it, causing the power line it hit to crackle with energy.

The two lead you into the roost, and you enter into a lobby that's filled with no ceiling. The main floor is littered with various pieces of furniture and a few beds. The stairs remained as a crumbling ruin of marble, with no apparent way to get to the upper floors. More beds sit on the second floor balcony.

Sky, Stella? Who's that? A new Volter?
    Nah he's too old, probably a Jenny
    Why would they bring a Jenny here?

Sky walks into a small room off the side of the lobby without responding. He returns and tosses you a small object. When you catch it, you see a small metal rod, about the size of a pencil.

Take it. Keep it on you at all times.

Ken

As you head to the pokemon center nothing spectacular occurs. One girl struggles to restrain a pack of dog like mons on several leashes. Her trial by pet care seems comical as she is constantly on the verge of being dragged down the road by the pack of rowdy hounds.

It takes half an hour for your pokemon to be healed and the TMs applied. Your pokemon seem quite sore afterwards. As you reach the gym again, you see Drake and Amber having what seems to be a serious conversation.

Spoiler
    Show
    You scan Growlithe, Houndor, and Poochyena

You won't be able to use your pokemon for 3 hours without possibly injuring them. This will apply to all TM/HM applications

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Ken is not trying to be a douche, honest, he just doesn't know!

Ken

As you head to the pokemon center nothing spectacular occurs. One girl struggles to restrain a pack of dog like mons on several leashes. Her trial by pet care seems comical as she is constantly on the verge of being dragged down the road by the pack of rowdy hounds.

It takes half an hour for your pokemon to be healed and the TMs applied. Your pokemon seem quite sore afterwards. As you reach the gym again, you see Drake and Amber having what seems to be a serious conversation.

Spoiler
    Show
    You scan Growlithe, Houndor, and Poochyena

You won't be able to use your pokemon for 3 hours without possibly injuring them. This will apply to all TM/HM applications
    "Poor girl - looks like they're taking her for a drag more than she's taking them for a walk. Looks like she's managing it, though."

"Chooooooop."

"Sorry Kleid - I know it's sore. I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun with this one once you feel better, though."

"Chooooop."

"Aw, quit your whining." He lightly nudged Kleid - just lightly, though, as he knew the machop was still quite sore. "It'll get better."

"Choooop."

"Hey, remember when I had to go get those series of shots? I was out for awhile too."

"Chop." Kleid crossed his arms moodily, and Ken let it go, carrying his Aron who was quite comfortable in his arms.

"Hey - Amber, Drake. How'd it go?"

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Yeah, still..." She says passing on the food to her magikarp, beedrill, and togetic. "So...ummm how'd it happen?" She finally asks.

She looks up as the other guy approaches and nods quietly.
    Last edited by Major; 2012-10-25 at 08:19 PM.

30. - Top - End - #240

RedWizardGuy

"The match just started and I set out Charybdis. I ordered the attack and it was too strong for the geodude. Drake said looking at the ground. Drake looks up and sees Ken. "Not that well" he said with a force smile.