New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: [PF] Oradin Mini-Guide. Or, How to be a Healbot, minus the 'bot'

Quote Originally Posted by Zan Thrax View Post
    On an unrelated note; I was looking at magic items in the 5K range last night for my Oradin, and noticed the new Boots of the Earth from Inner Sea Gods. 5K for what's essentially as-needed fast healing 1. Not quite a ring of regeneration, but ridiculously cheap.
    Those boots are ridiculously nice for that price. SOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by Zan Thrax View Post
    A one level dip in Unbreakable Fighter gives the prerequisites for Fast Healer and a bonus feat to replace the one that Fast Healer uses up and those boots are now fast healing 3 for 5,000 gp.
    Unbreakable is also already mentioned
    But it trades the typical level 1 bonus feat for Die Hard/Endurance.

And as mentioned above, by RAW Fast Healer Feat doesn't work with Fast Healing (Healer only works on "rest" and "Magical healing", Fast Healing is EX and therefore gives your opponent 2 prizes NOT Magical).
    [retired]

Horribly out of date guide goes here:
    Oradin Guide

2. - Top - End - #122
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by grarrrg View Post
    Unbreakable is also already mentioned
    But it trades the typical level 1 bonus feat for Die Hard/Endurance.

And as mentioned above, by RAW Fast Healer Feat doesn't work with Fast Healing (Healer only works on "rest" and "Magical healing", Fast Healing is EX and therefore gives your opponent 2 prizes NOT Magical).
    Well boo to that. Still pretty sure that I'm going to be spending my money on those boots next session though.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Oh heck yes, those Boots are almost too good.
    There should almost be a "per encounter" type thing like Inquisitor's Judgement.
    But there isn't, and they are stupid cheap.

As for not working with the Fast Healer feat, that isn't too much of a loss.
    An extra 2HP/round in combat isn't all that much, and out of combat you can still top everyone off fairly quickly. 10 minutes of Fast Healing 1 = 100 HP
    So unless your DM is really into forced marches, or "Indiana Jones temple collapsing run for your lives" type stuff you should be fine.
    Last edited by grarrrg; 2014-08-03 at 01:36 PM.
    [retired]

Oradin Guide

4. - Top - End - #124
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

So, the final version of the Warpriest is out, so I'm going to redo my post suggestions.

Good Things about the Warpriest (When Compared to the Paladin and Inquisitor)
    Wisdom Focused. Does not require Charisma at all.
    Half-Progression Spellcasting from First Level, with Cleric style preparation. A Warpriest has a much larger spell selection than the alternative classes.
    Potentially better damage with Deity's favored weapon, allowing builds that let you do multiple d6s of damage with Kukris.
    Spontaneous Casting of Cure Spells, which the Paladin and the Inquisitor cannot do.
    Fervor, your version of Lay On Hands, also allows you to Swift Cast a spell on yourself.
    Blessings: The only relevant to an Oradin Build Specifically is healing, which isn't that great but can boost your output a little bit. The other ones are very nice however.

Bad Things
    BAB is only Medium Progression.
    No Mercies.
    No option to gain an additional pool of Channel Energy. You need to spend two uses of Fervor.
    Nearly all of your Archetypes replace Channel Energy, and require you to use Fervor to power their abilities.

Run Down of the Archetypes
    Champion of the Faith: Replaces some Bonus Feats and your Channel with Smite Alignment, essentially making you into a Spell Heavy Paladin. Actually a good Archetype, but not so great for an Oradin Build.
    Cult Leader: Gives you Sneak Attack and bonuses to Stealth. Unfortunately, replaces your Channel Energy with the power to cast Enthrall.
    Disenchanter: Focuses on protecting allies from spells. Gets the power to grant a mediocre save bonus at level 4, and to dispel magic at level 6. Unfortunately, both special abilities cost Fervor, and you already get better options just by being a spellcaster.
    Divine Commander: Thematically the best Archetype for a Oradin-Style Warpriest. Replaces Blessings and Bonus Feats with a Supernatural Mount, the power to grant Teamwork Feats to allies, and the power to bless an entire army. Missing out on Blessings is hard, and you lose most of your bonus feats. But thematically, it's an amazing leadership role. Also a medium sized Divine Commander can use one of the feats from the ACG to get a Wolf Mount.
    Forgepriest: A Warpriest focused on making things. Replaces Channel Energy with the power to boost his Sacred Weapon or Armor bonuses by +1 if he made the item himself. Potentially very useful, but not for Oradin builds.
    Sacred Fist: Another Archetype that doesn't rely on Fervor. Basically turns you into a Holy Monk, and grants you Monk Bonuses to AC (Which is neat if you're going for a Vitalist Build ), Evasion and Improved for Fortitude Saves (Oooook), and A Ki Pool (and all the associated options).

[B]Other Notes/B]
    The Bad News: The Shaman Version of Life Link seems tailor made to keep Oradin builds from working. It now only functions if the bonded creature is at -5 HP or less. It's not known if this will be retroactively applied to the Oracle version.

The Good News!: There is a feat in the ACG that makes it possible to have a Single Class Oradin.

There is a Feat Chain that requires at least WIS 13. The first one, Believer's Boon grants the first level domain ability of a single domain. That's cool. The second one is even better though.

Believer's Hands
    Requires Wis 13, Believer's Boon, and a Lawful Good Alignment (Plus the worship of an appropriate deity).
    This feat grants you the Lay on Hands ability once per day, as a Paladin equal to one half your level. More importantly, you have the Lay on Hands Class Ability for the purposes of qualifying for feats and benefiting from magic that improves it.

This can theoretically allow an Oracle to become an Oradin on her own, but it isn't quite efficient. Not a bad option though. Especially if you're willing to Pick up Extra Lay on Hands a few times.

Other neat feats include Extra Channel (One more use of Channel Energy a day, and it explicitly also works on Paladins and Warpriests), and Reactive Healing (Which lets a character with Lay On Hands, Quicken Channel, or Quicken Spell + Channel revive themselves from death as an immediate action).

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ettin in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

I would say that your first "good news" is horrible news.

The good thing about the Paladin to combine with Oracle is the charisma synergy and the ability to dump Wisdom. And Charisma is a much better stat to pump high in general than wisdom, if you can focus on one or the other.
    Last edited by Talya; 2014-08-15 at 06:39 AM.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by CubeB View Post
    So, the final version of the Warpriest is out, so I'm going to redo my post suggestions.
    Like Talya said, the "Not-CHA" is a big downside.
    But it is probably better than Inquisitor as a WIS-based alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by CubeB View Post
    [B]Spontaneous Casting of Cure Spells, which the Paladin and the Inquisitor cannot do.
    Fervor, your version of Lay On Hands, also allows you to Swift Cast a spell on yourself.
    Inquisitors are already Spontaneous casters.

Spending a Fervor _and_ a spell slot to Swift Cure is more resource intensive than Lay on Hands-ing. But as there is no 'good' Hands equivalent for WIS-based, this will have to do.
    [retired]

Oradin Guide

7. - Top - End - #127
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Well, Fervor also functions as a Lay On Hands, which is the benefit of the whole thing. The Swift Casting function of Fervor is what replaces the Mercy function of Lay on Hands.

Unfortunately, Fervor doesn't count as Lay on Hands for effects that modify Lay on Hands, so items like bracers of the merciful knight don't work on it. But otherwise the healing progression is the same. You don't need to spontaneously cast cure spells at all, really. (But then, you never have to learn them, so it saves you the Spells Known problem that an Inquisitor might have.)

The real benefit of Warpriest is combining it with Vitalist, which is also Wisdom based. Vitalist 1/Warpriest X is very SAD, as Wisdom determines both your Collective Size, and how many times per day you can use Fervor to heal.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Having read the class (up on the SRD now), I agree it is a solid Paladin replacement option.
    Generally a bit more limited (no Immunities, no Stat-all-Saves, no Mercies, etc...), but with 6th level spells that shouldn't be too big of an issue.

Healing Blessing looks decent enough. Probably best used for downtime-healing though.

Works fine as a Single Class, as it can cast Shield Other and heal itself.
    Could be paired with Oracle, but then you have some MADness potential.
    VERY nice to pair with Vitalist, as 1 level in Vitalist is all you need. What should we call it though? Vitarpriest? Warprist? I like Warprist. Looks like a typo. Let's go with that one.
    [retired]

Oradin Guide

9. - Top - End - #129
    Pixie in the Playground

Planetar

Great guide, I'm making one for PFS based on the standard build.

What sort of weapons have people gone with for their oradin? Starting with oracle, the only option I see is a spear, but isn't that a bit boring?
    Last edited by hyperlance; 2014-10-02 at 06:18 PM.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

Longspear is the best option at level 1.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2014-10-02 at 06:27 PM.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Barbarian in the Playground

Looking to make an oradin for my second pfs character. Is there a reason we choose Oracle first over paladin? Seems like the better hp pool and better weapons and armor would be better than Oracle.

Edited for auto correct madness.
    Last edited by arkangel111; 2014-10-02 at 11:45 PM.
    Iron chef accomplishments
    Czar Hail tied for 2nd

Games I'm in
    Amonkhet: Trials of the Gods

Awesome avatar by Linklele! - currently seeking new avatar!

12. - Top - End - #132
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by arkangel111 View Post
    Is there a reason we choose Oracle first over paladin?
    You can start with whichever you prefer, there is no 'set/preferred' level progression.
    The main issue is that the 'traditional' builds don't/can't get going until at least level 3 (Pal 2/Oracle 1 for Lay on Hands and 1 Life Link).

Oracle is good to start with if you prefer to be able to heal right away, as you then have Spells and can take Channeling as your first Revelation.
    Paladin is fine if you don't "need" a healer right off the bat, or prefer a more 'melee smash' approach.
    [retired]

Oradin Guide

13. - Top - End - #133
    Pixie in the Playground

Planetar

Cool Cool

I was thinking a ranseur, but long spear will do.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Dwarf in the Playground

eek Re: [PF] Oradin Mini-Guide. Or, How to be a Healbot, minus the 'bot'

So the Spirit Guide is probably one of the Best Archetypes for An Oradin.
    http://www.archivesofnethys.com/Arch...Spirit%20Guide

Use it to gain the Benefits of the Life Spirit and you can gain the main benefits of the Life Mystery while being able to choose a different mystery from your Oracle.
    http://www.archivesofnethys.com/Sham...?ItemName=Life

From what I can tell, if you are going Oradin, it is the only way to effectively get TWO mysteries onto a single Oracle.
    Needs a good chunk of Oracle though.

Edit: probably not, just read the shaman life link ability...
    Last edited by Deadkitten; 2014-10-05 at 07:33 PM.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Deadkitten View Post
    So the Spirit Guide is probably one of the Best Archetypes for An Oradin.
    http://www.archivesofnethys.com/Arch...Spirit%20Guide
    Edit: probably not, just read the shaman life link ability...
    Yeah...Shaman Life Link by RAW is horribly worthless.
    I'm really not sure if they just tried to re-word Oracle Life Link to make it simpler/easier or whatever, or if they really intended to nerf it to death.

I'm still need to update the guide some for stuff from the ACG.
    The following is copy/pasted from this thread:

Anyway...I can maybe see the potential for Spirit Guide on a higher level Oradin.
    Really, the only things worth using from Shaman-Life is getting Channel Energy bolted onto a different Mystery, and the extra spells known.
    2 of the Hexes are "offensive" and block opponents healing.
    1 of the Hexes raises the limit on Cure Spell Caster level bonus (which the Life Oracle already had access too, and it was underwhelming there as well).
    Life Sight might be more fun, if it wasn't Rounds=Level/day.
    The final reason why this is "eh" is because the Spirit Guide trades away their 3rd, 7th, and 15th Revelations.
    That means without Dual-Cursed or Extra Revelation feat you get one Revelation at level 1, and then have to wait until level _11_ for your next one.
    So even taking a different Mystery means you're stuck with _one_ Revelation for 10+ levels.

Perhaps the best use is the reverse of what you suggested...instead of going Non-Life Oracle using the Spirit Guide to gain Channeling, what about going Life Oracle, grabbing Channeling as your 1st Revelation then using the Spirit Guide to grab whatever abilities/spells you want for the day?
    [retired]

Oradin Guide

16. - Top - End - #136
    Orc in the Playground

Bad Curses:

-Haunted, you mainly get more Spells Known, but without the Slots to cast them they are meaningless..
    Can you explain this last part?

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

DSP just put out a new source, Akashic Mysteries (their Incarnum port). It will be a staggered release, but the first section has a few gems for Oradins if you want me to post them here. Due to the nature of the system, the more you invest into it the bigger the potential playoffs. There is even a Str/Cha race coming later

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire
    Optimization stops being practical and starts being theoretical when your DPR is measured in Tarrasques instead of hit points
    My Guides:
    PsyBomb's Guides to the Akashic Mysteries (Now with all three classes!)
    Fear Itself: the Dread

Extended Signature HERE

18. - Top - End - #138
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DrDeth View Post
    Can you explain this last part?
    An Oracle's Curse counts non-Oracle levels as 1/2 for bonuses.
    A "typical" Oradin has a fair number of Paladin levels, probably more Paladin levels then Oracle levels.

Random-ish examples:
    An Oracle 2/Paladin 6 would count as 5th level for Curse bonuses (2 + 6/2 = 5), and thus Haunted would (try to) grant you Levitate and Minor Image as Oracle Spells Known. But a 2nd level Oracle does not have any 2nd level spell slots.

Likewise an Oracle 6/Paladin 8 would count as 10th level for Curse bonuses (6 + 8/2 = 10), and thus Haunted would (try to) grant you Telekinesis as an Oracle Spell Known. But a 6th level Oracle does not have any 5th level spell slots.

It will at least add the spell to your Spell List, for things like UMD-ing wands and the like, so it isn't a total loss, but not really ideal either.

I will go edit for improved clarity.

Quote Originally Posted by PsyBomb View Post
    DSP just put out a new source, Akashic Mysteries (their Incarnum port). It will be a staggered release, but the first section has a few gems for Oradins if you want me to post them here. Due to the nature of the system, the more you invest into it the bigger the potential playoffs. There is even a Str/Cha race coming later
    Go for it.
    Unlike most 3rd party DSP has a solid enough reputation for throwing stuff in the guide.
    But I warn you, I'm not likely to read up on it too much and will likely just copy/paste anything you post straight into the guide

On a related note: any good Path of War stuff that would help?
    Last edited by grarrrg; 2014-10-17 at 08:16 PM.
    [retired]

Oradin Guide

19. - Top - End - #139
    Bugbear in the Playground

On a related note: any good Path of War stuff that would help?
    There is the Battle Templar who:
    - progresses Lay on Hands
    - has resourceless healing (Martial Healing - when initiating a strike it grants a rider effect that allows spending a swift action to heal 1d4/maneuver level+class level. To himself or an ally in close range).
    - may cast benevolent spells as a move action (as long as he uses a strike in the same round) on himself.
    - The capstone is basically free action healing (10hp/spell level expended, all allies in a 60ft radius).

It also allows for an Oradin without Oracle or Paladin. Because a Warder1/Cleric4 works wonders (it needs those higher-level slots to power the abilities) with this class.
    Then again, Paladin2/Oracle4 entering through Martial Training has an Initiator Level advantage.

There's the Martial Power feat that grants you +2 temp HP for a -1 to attack (+3 if using a shield) per 3 points of BAB. It's basically a free HP pool to power the Life Link feed.

A 6th level Silver Crane stance gives you fast healing 5.

I'd argue that a Silver Crane/Iron Tortoise Oracle4/Warder16 would make a better Oradin than the actual Oradin.
    The healing strikes are ridiculously potent - a 6th level Strike that deals an additional 12d6 damage and heals the initiator for 60hp? Yes, please.
    Last edited by Xerlith; 2014-10-18 at 03:36 AM.
    My homebrew

Quote Originally Posted by Waker View Post
    This is the Playground. We're a repository of D&D Knowledge. Kinda like the Library of Congress, but with more screaming about RAW vs. RAI.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Dwarf in the Playground

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core...liar-archetype

This familiar archetype from Familiar Folio effectively boosts the HP total of any level 7+ character by over 50%. Take Eldritch Heritage (arcane) at level 7 and have your familiar use Shield Master to take half of your damage any time you take hit point damage. This trick works best with channel energy rather than lay on hands, since you'll need to heal your familiar occasionally as well. But there are more tricks to help with keeping your familiar healthy.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/genera.../spirit-s-gift using the Life spirit will give your familiar fast healing 1.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/genera...aberrant-tumor will give you a tumor familiar if you are an alchemist, abberant bloodrager, abberant sorcerer, or take Eldritch Heritage (abberant). Tumor familiars have 5 fast healing as long as they're attached to your body.
    Last edited by Castilonium; 2015-02-12 at 04:54 AM.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Pixie in the Playground

This was very helpful. Thank you to all for the comments and ideas.

I am playing an Oradin right now (currently 6th level, Slyph, 4 Oracle 2 Paladin) and she is pretty beefy. Another good item not mentioned yet is the Cassock of the Clergy. +3 on CHA based checks (limited to those who follow the same deity or those of the same faith), allows Bless and Sanctuary to be cast 1/day each without being in your spell list (good spells to have) and you can prepare an extra Orison each day on top of what you already can. Doesn't sound like much, but a decent item to look into.

Character Concept for my Oradin:

I am only taking 4 levels of Paladin. I chose to go Warrior of Holy Light for Paladin Archetype. The Paladin spells are worth bypassing for the bonus' you gain with this at 4th level. The Power of Faith class feature (at 4th level) give you the ability to buff each ally in a 30 ft radius with a +1 to AC, attack and damage, and saving throws against fear. Plus, you get the extra lay on hands. Use your LoH to heal yourself from the damage you take from Life Link. That in combination of any items you have to give yourself fast healing, or abilities like Energy Body, should give you what you need to keep yourself up as the damage sponge you should be. Feats like Reach Spell will help you give out your Cure spells at a distance if necessary.

I chose Slyph for the character concept, and because the Breeze-Kissed Alternate racial trait gives a +2 deflection bonus on ranged attacks, which was nice to have for AC. The hit to CON was rough though, so not the best choice. CHA > CON > STR/DEX> INT/WIS was the basis of my stat choice.

Thoughts? Comments? All are welcome.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Barbarian in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Xerlith View Post
    - progresses Lay on Hands
    - has resourceless healing (Martial Healing - when initiating a strike it grants a rider effect that allows spending a swift action to heal 1d4/maneuver level+class level. To himself or an ally in close range).
    - may cast benevolent spells as a move action (as long as he uses a strike in the same round) on himself.
    - The capstone is basically free action healing (10hp/spell level expended, all allies in a 60ft radius).

It also allows for an Oradin without Oracle or Paladin. Because a Warder1/Cleric4 works wonders (it needs those higher-level slots to power the abilities) with this class.
    Then again, Paladin2/Oracle4 entering through Martial Training has an Initiator Level advantage.

There's the Martial Power feat that grants you +2 temp HP for a -1 to attack (+3 if using a shield) per 3 points of BAB. It's basically a free HP pool to power the Life Link feed.

A 6th level Silver Crane stance gives you fast healing 5.

I'd argue that a Silver Crane/Iron Tortoise Oracle4/Warder16 would make a better Oradin than the actual Oradin.
    The healing strikes are ridiculously potent - a 6th level Strike that deals an additional 12d6 damage and heals the initiator for 60hp? Yes, please.
    Depending on the amount of cheese one's DM allows...
    Oracle 4/Paladin 2/Warlord 1/Battle Templar X could be very nice. A lot of dipping, so bear with me:
    Oracle 4 for life link and channel
    Paladin 2 for lay on hands etc, at level 5 take Martial Training in Silver Crane.
    Battle Templar 1, you don't gain a maneuver but... this gets you to initiator level 4.

Warlord 1- Initiator Level 5. And you're gaining 6 maneuvers, you qualify for level 3 maneuvers at this point. And a way to regain maneuvers effectively.
    Take Brave Gambit (Make a charge attack, +cha to hit luck bonus on top of normal bonuses to hit for charging).
    You're also gaining a bonus feat. Martial Charge ftw (initiate a maneuver at the end of a charge).

Fill in Battle Templar, increasing your oracle casting, Lay on Hands, Oracle's Curse, and gaining maneuvers periodically. Yes Please.

Oracle 1-4, Paladin 5,6, Battle Templar 7, Warlord 8, Battle Templar 9-16, skip the capstone.
    At this point I'd either fill in Paladin or Warlord, depending on preference.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Firbolg in the Playground

I'm looking into switching to pf, and this is exactly the sort of thing I'm interested in. I'm sure one of my players will want to do something like this. Thanks grrazzzzzg!
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

24. - Top - End - #144
    Pixie in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

I haven't seen the pdf yet, but what I've heard about the Variant Multiclass Oracle makes me hopeful for another try at the Oradin. My first PF character was written with this guide in mind. (OK, my first competent PF character)

I'd love to take another swing at one. Perhaps in an upcoming Slumbering Tsar game.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Where did you start yours?

On a ship, about to run aground on a hidden coral reef.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Hey guys, I've really enjoyed this thread and the ideas on it. Thanks for putting it together and maintaining it.

I'm wondering if anyone has any additional thoughts on making an Inquisitor/Vitalist work.

While healing the collective seems like a slick way to distribute any healing the Inquisitor receives, I can't seem to optimize Fast Healing at all. Using Righteaous Healing to get+4 hp healed during judgments sounds like a start, though then we are back to using standard actions to heal instead of fast healing.

Any ideas on how this might be workable?

26. - Top - End - #146
    Halfling in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

grarrrg: I don't know if this has been asked before, but does DR affect the Life Link Damage?

27. - Top - End - #147
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Valdras View Post
    grarrrg: I don't know if this has been asked before, but does DR affect the Life Link Damage?
    It has.
    The short version is that no, DR does nothing to Life Link, because DR only works on 'damage from attacks', and Life Link is just 'damage'.

And as an update, I have recently added in some VMC stuff from Unchained.
    Single class Paladins + VMC Oracle is playable at higher levels (10+).
    Single class Oracle + VMC Paladin is manageable, but less than ideal, as VMC Paladin is pretty weak as heck.
    Now VMC-ing Cavalier on the other hand...
    Last edited by grarrrg; 2015-05-19 at 08:40 AM.
    [retired]

Oradin Guide

28. - Top - End - #148
    Dwarf in the Playground

Skald's Can Make a good option for one side of the alternate "Oradin"

Sklad's Vigor+ Amplified Rage + Greater Skald's Vigor can give a significant chunk of in combat fast healing.
    Since they can get Bardic masterpieces, they can grab one that lets them cast shield other.
    and you can do things such as lesser celestial totem and the path of glory spell for even more healing.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

I've finally gotten around to a more sizable update...been lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Xerlith View Post
    Solid. As it's 3rd party I mostly did a copy/paste (changed a "Psionic" section to a "DSP" section instead).

Quote Originally Posted by Castilonium View Post
    http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core...liar-archetype

This familiar archetype from Familiar Folio effectively boosts the HP total of any level 7+ character by over 50%.... have your familiar use Shield Master to take half of your damage any time you take hit point damage.
    ...Tumor familiars have 5 fast healing as long as they're attached to your body.
    This is actually quite ridiculous to have going.
    Life Link deals Damage.
    Shield Master/Other redirects damage to the familiar
    Familar has Fast Healing 5

The gravy part is that Shield Master is OPTIONAL. The Familiar is a freaking turbocharged HP battery of craziness!
    Fill the bugger up with all the damage it can hold, then let it heal itself for 5 points per round!

Quote Originally Posted by Deadkitten View Post
    Sklad's Vigor+ Amplified Rage + Greater Skald's Vigor can give a significant chunk of in combat fast healing.
    I'm not sure that Amplified Rage works with Skalds, but even if it doesn't, granting the group Fast Healing 2/4/6 is pretty solid.
    [retired]

Oradin Guide

30. - Top - End - #150
    Orc in the Playground

Very helpful guide. Thank you.

I do think Beacon of Hope might be a little bit undervalued. If you have a 5 or above for your CHA mod, you're basically getting a superior version of bless that will probably last all combat. Since Bless and The Warrior of Holy Light aura don't stack with it, and provide smaller bonuses, that frees up some spells for other stuff. You get to heal while buffing, which is great action economy. And if you're a hospitaler you probably have more channels than you know what to do with. Am I missing something here? Maybe the buff misses people with full health or something?