New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [PF] Oradin Mini-Guide. Or, How to be a Healbot, minus the 'bot'

A heads-up: The Vitalist paladin semi-recently got something of a buff, with the Tortured Crusader archetype (Wis-shifting all Charisma-dependent abilities). Tiefling Paladin19/Vitalist 1 is a more than solid choice. Loses aura buffs, gains better Will save and more bursty (due to how Collective Healing works) healing.
    Last edited by Xerlith; 2016-10-10 at 08:47 AM.
    My homebrew

Quote Originally Posted by Waker View Post
    This is the Playground. We're a repository of D&D Knowledge. Kinda like the Library of Congress, but with more screaming about RAW vs. RAI.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Barbarian in the Playground

FYI, Inheritor's Light is not an artifact - it's just a special magic weapon, costing 6555gp. Which, considering it adds +1 healing per die on your LoH (up to your max healing only, but that will basically never matter), makes it fantastic at the price.

Tiefling Paladin 6 with Inheritor's Light and Greater Mercy is looking at 4d6+18 self healing, which is 32 on average.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Healer's Handbook player companion has some lovely new things for Oradins.

The Pei Zin Practitioner oracle archetype that trades out its 1st level revelation for Lay on Hands, so you can now be a single-class oradin! You can only use it 1 + cha mod times per day, though, and don't get more uses per day as you level up.

The Envoy of Healing trait (Religion, Sarenrae) lets you reroll die rolls that come up as nat 1s on channel energy, fervor, and lay on hands. That's an average increase of 0.5 HP per die.

There's a new 6th level mercy called Targeted. Your Lay on Hands also casts the sanctuary spell on your target with a DC that scales with your level.

9th level mercy, Injured, gives 3 fast healing for 1/2 level rounds.

Paladins can trade out their Divine Bond for an Agathion Bond that increases their healing by their cha mod, and more as they level up.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Pixie in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Castilonium View Post
    The Healer's Handbook player companion has some lovely new things for Oradins.

The Pei Zin Practitioner oracle archetype that trades out its 1st level revelation for Lay on Hands, so you can now be a single-class oradin! You can only use it 1 + cha mod times per day, though, and don't get more uses per day as you level up.

The Envoy of Healing trait (Religion, Sarenrae) lets you reroll die rolls that come up as nat 1s on channel energy, fervor, and lay on hands. That's an average increase of 0.5 HP per die.

There's a new 6th level mercy called Targeted. Your Lay on Hands also casts the sanctuary spell on your target with a DC that scales with your level.

9th level mercy, Injured, gives 3 fast healing for 1/2 level rounds.

Paladins can trade out their Divine Bond for an Agathion Bond that increases their healing by their cha mod, and more as they level up.
    How do you know this? I thought Healer's handbook wasn't being released until wednesday?
    Is there a review copy / early look? If there is an early look where could I find it?

5. - Top - End - #185
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reagansmash View Post
    How do you know this? I thought Healer's handbook wasn't being released until wednesday?
    Is there a review copy / early look? If there is an early look where could I find it?
    You need to have a paid subscription with Paizo to get preorder copies early. Here's a link. Notice how it says the Healer's Handbook is "Available now". Non-subscribers can get it on Wednesday.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Titan in the Playground

Is extra lay on hands worth it for a Pei Zin oracle? Also, is there a way to qualify for getting Mercy feats since you technically don't don't have the Mercy ability as a Pei Zin oracle?

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    Is extra lay on hands worth it for a Pei Zin oracle? Also, is there a way to qualify for getting Mercy feats since you technically don't don't have the Mercy ability as a Pei Zin oracle?
    Not really and no.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Post Re: [PF] Oradin Mini-Guide. Or, How to be a Healbot, minus the 'bot'

Hi there ! First of all, thank you for sharing this great guide. I've been willing to try it out since I first saw it a while ago now, and my chance has fanally arrived ! That being said, I haven't played a lot to Pathfinder and would appreciate an expert's opinion regarding my building plans.

The campain will be Kingmaker, but we should start it at level 4, right after we are made lords. Only core races are allowed. But our GM allows us to play non Lawful Good Paladins. I didn't list any equipment below because I don't know what the GM will allow us to get when it comes to magical equipment. He'll monitor that for sure.

Here is the building I'm planning on :

Half Elf, Ancestral Weapon (falcata)

Str 16 (up to 20 with leveling)
    Dex 10
    Con 14 (13+1 leveling)
    Int 12
    Wis 8
    Cha 18 (16+2 racial bonus)

Paladin Hospitalier, Knight of the Coins - Abadar (LN)
    Oracle, Life Mystery, Legalist
    Traits : blessed touched, magical knack (oracle), noble born "endurance overcomes all" ?

1 Pal 1 - Fey Foundling
    2 Pal 2
    3 Pal 2 Ora 1 - Power attack, Life Link (revelation)
    4 Pal 2 Ora 2
    5 Pal 3 Ora 2 - Greater Mercy
    6 Pal 4 Ora 2
    7 Pal 4 Ora 3 - Selective Channel, Channel Energy (revelation)
    8 Pal 4 Ora 4
    9 Pal 5 Ora 4 - Aligned Channel (Evil)
    10 Pal 6 Ora 4
    11 Holy Vindicator 1 - Quick channeling
    13 Channeling Surge
    15 Cornugon Smash
    17 Critical Focus
    19 Bleeding critical
    20 Pal 6 Ora 4 HV 10

Beside of being an oradin, the idea is to use channeling ofensively and to decrease ennemies saves by having them shaken (Cornugon Smash) and sickened (Bloodfire & Bloodrain) so I can use the Vindicator's special ability on crit, topping it in the end with better crit confirmation and bleeding critical. I know I probably won't reach level 20 but it gives perspective.

Do you see any flaws, or improvment I could make ? Thanks in advance for taking the time to read me :)

Edit : Constitution is a bit low but the GM will allow us to retrain our HD during the campain, which I hope will be enough
    Last edited by Torbaal; 2021-04-13 at 03:15 AM.