New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Dancing Fox Inn VI: Wait, there used to be a Ribbajack here?

Quote Originally Posted by aric_kale View Post

"I will, thank ye"

the man sank down into his chair, watching the liquid in his glass slowly dwindle. Zane slowly stood and made his way to the bar, asking if he could rent a room for the night.
    "Yup, give him just a minute to clear a room out for you." Naku told Zane, as Fade disappeared to clean the room.
    Naku looked at Zane, taking a full measure of him. If anyone was going to cause trouble in her bar, not that she was automatically assuming he was going to, she wanted to be ready.
    Her gaze is . . . disturbing, to say the least. Her eyes look like nothing more than pools of blood, with no discernible pupils.
    The scrutinizing is fairly obvious, should Zane wish to comment.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Dancing Fox Inn VI: Wait, there used to be a Ribbajack here?

I should note that Fade is still downstairs behind the bar cleaning the glasses. His shadow is a semi seperate beeing able to do things on it's own. So technical she got 2 people for the price of one. It will at least need a few minutes until the room is done.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

3. - Top - End - #183
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    "Yup, give him just a minute to clear a room out for you." Naku told Zane, as Fade disappeared to clean the room.
    Naku looked at Zane, taking a full measure of him. If anyone was going to cause trouble in her bar, not that she was automatically assuming he was going to, she wanted to be ready.
    Her gaze is . . . disturbing, to say the least. Her eyes look like nothing more than pools of blood, with no discernible pupils.
    The scrutinizing is fairly obvious, should Zane wish to comment.
    Zane nods his thanks towards the Bar boy.
    He then meets Naku's gaze with piercingly blue eyes.
    "you may rest easy. I have no need to cause trouble here, it would serve no purpose."
    after his brief reply to her scrutiny, Zane eventually finds his room and enters, taking note of his surroundings.
    Last edited by Aric Kale; 2012-11-18 at 10:08 PM.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

4. - Top - End - #184

Zane nods his thanks towards the Bar boy.
    He then meets Naku's gaze with piercingly blue eyes.
    "you may rest easy. I have no need to cause trouble here, it would serve no purpose."
    after his brief reply to her scrutiny, Zane finds his room and enters, taking note of his surroundings.
    As Naku watches him go up the stairs, she just nods once. "Doesn't mean I don't have to be prepared for it." She mutters, washing another plate.
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    As Naku watches him go up the stairs, she just nods once. "Doesn't mean I don't have to be prepared for it." She mutters, washing another plate.
    Darkstar chuckles at her parting shot. He shuts the door behind him, turns the lock, and makes ready for bed.

)(sorry 'bout the three day delay, I was out of town)(
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

6. - Top - End - #186

Darkstar chuckles at her parting shot. He shuts the door behind him, turns the lock, and makes ready for bed.

)(sorry 'bout the three day delay, I was out of town)(
    ((Absolutely no worries; welcome back.))

Naku, deciding that cleaning this is entirely too overrated, starts using the glass she just cleaned to start mixing up some drinks of her own.
    Show

7. - Top - End - #187

It's apparently raining outside, because the man that enters the Inn right now is completely soaked. He's not wearing any waterproofed gear either, just a light blue clerical robe. He's glad to have finally made it somewhere dry. The man looks around the room, taking in the people and the atmosphere, as well as looking for a fire to warm up by.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

8. - Top - End - #188

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
    It's apparently raining outside, because the man that enters the Inn right now is completely soaked. He's not wearing any waterproofed gear either, just a light blue clerical robe. He's glad to have finally made it somewhere dry. The man looks around the room, taking in the people and the atmosphere, as well as looking for a fire to warm up by.
    "Welcome." Naku says to the man, nodding once. "Take a seat by the fire; you look like you need it. Need anything warm to drink?" She asks, looking up from combining about 6 types of soda.
    Show

9. - Top - End - #189

Yes, please. He smiles at Naku, then takes off his robe and hangs it over the back of a chair to dry. Under the robe he's wearing trousers and a white undershirt as well as an hourglass shaped holy symbol. The cleric is short and not at all muscled. Brown hair, blue eyes, and a mouth that looks like he has a funny secret he won't share. He has a thick pair of glasses and his hands are stained with ink.

10. - Top - End - #190

Yes, please. He smiles at Naku, then takes off his robe and hangs it over the back of a chair to dry. Under the robe he's wearing trousers and a white undershirt as well as an hourglass shaped holy symbol. The cleric is short and not at all muscled. Brown hair, blue eyes, and a mouth that looks like he has a funny secret he won't share. He has a thick pair of glasses and his hands are stained with ink.
    With a quiet nod, Naku set to work. She had some hot co-co mix here somewhere . . .

After a few minutes of puttering around, she completely vanished. Her method of vanishing is fairly interesting; as the shadows around her deepened slightly, and she started to radiate darkness of her own. As she bled shadows, her physical form just . . . melted into not being there.
    Took all of half a second, and she reappeared near the cleric.
    "Here you go." She says, handing him the drink, and smiling her very, very toothy smile.
    Show

11. - Top - End - #191

He raises his eyebrow at the darkness and the fangs, taking the offered mug without fear. Presumably he believes his holy symbol will protect him. Or he isn't a fearful, reactionary tool. Thank you very much, miss.

12. - Top - End - #192

He raises his eyebrow at the darkness and the fangs, taking the offered mug without fear. Presumably he believes his holy symbol will protect him. Or he isn't a fearful, reactionary tool. Thank you very much, miss.
    "You're very welcome." Naku replies with a nod. "Can I get you anything else?"
    Show

13. - Top - End - #193

The cleric sips the hot cocoa, not caring if it's scalding, and looks her over for a few long seconds. Your name. And your story, if you're willing to sell it.

14. - Top - End - #194

The cleric sips the hot cocoa, not caring if it's scalding, and looks her over for a few long seconds. Your name. And your story, if you're willing to sell it.
    "The name's Naku, and I'll sell you my story--what little there is of it--but the question is what are you offering?" Naku asks, dropping heavily into a chair by the fire, one leg already propped up on the other one.
    Show

15. - Top - End - #195

My name is Kratippus and, as a cleric of Histor, I'm prepared to pay for stories in gold or magic. He sits down as well, eying her leg. If your story is as interesting as I suspect, I could pay in whatever way you want.

16. - Top - End - #196

My name is Kratippus and, as a cleric of Histor, I'm prepared to pay for stories in gold or magic. He sits down as well, eying her leg. If your story is as interesting as I suspect, I could pay in whatever way you want.
    Naku raises an eyebrow at his last comment, and chuckles slightly.
    "Really, not terribly much to tell. I'ma vampire, so I'm evil, have no soul, and want to kill all the living things in the world.

Yup."
    The sarcasm from her voice is just dripping.
    Show

17. - Top - End - #197

Are the vampires here so different from the ones I know? Kratippus smiles and magics up some ink and parchment. Only you can tell your story, Naku. I will write down everything you say, without judgment.

18. - Top - End - #198

Are the vampires here so different from the ones I know? Kratippus smiles and magics up some ink and parchment. Only you can tell your story, Naku. I will write down everything you say, without judgment.
    "Mmmmmmprobably not." Naku admits, slowly. "S'just that I'm not from around here either. Only reason I'm different from anyone at all is because I'm trying very, very hard not to go completely berserk and kill everyone."
    Naku shrugs slightly.
    "So where do you want me to start, then?"
    Show

19. - Top - End - #199

Why, where else would you start your life story? At the beginning, of course. The cleric produces a quill and prepares to record the vampire's words.

20. - Top - End - #200

Why, where else would you start your life story? At the beginning, of course. The cleric produces a quill and prepares to record the vampire's words.
    "Well, that's what I mean.

Which beginning?"
    Naku asks with a bit of a grin.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #201

Which deity were you born to, gorgeous? Even though he looks like a completely bookish nerd, he apparently is quite confident. Where did you grow up and what was it like?
    Last edited by FireFox; 2012-11-19 at 12:20 AM.

22. - Top - End - #202

Which deity were you born to, gorgeous? Even though he looks like a completely bookish nerd, he apparently is quite confident. Where did you grow up and what was it like?
    "That would have been one of the three ruling class vampires back home." Naku finds absolutely nothing odd with referring to him as a deity. "I grew up in a place that had been blasted and destroyed beyond recognition.
    Wandered around the streets, somehow not dying as zombies, werewolves, vampires, and a host of other various beasties were out hunting. Eventually I found my way to one of the last holdouts of the entire human race, and they decided to shelter me."
    Show

23. - Top - End - #203

The cleric writes on the parchment almost as fast as Naku speaks. So you were without your parents, facing numerous dangers on your own? How did you survive?

24. - Top - End - #204

The cleric writes on the parchment almost as fast as Naku speaks. So you were without your parents, facing numerous dangers on your own? How did you survive?
    "I dunno." Naku admits with a shrug. "I still can't explain it.

They took me in when I found them, taught me the way of the sword and rifle, and eventually I took my oaths and became a paladin; sworn to try to save what little human life remained in that blasted, burnt out world."
    Show

25. - Top - End - #205

When Kratippus hears she was a paladin, he can't help but laugh. Not because he doesn't believe that a vampire was once a paladin, or at the irony of that occurring, but because he was right about her's being an interesting story. Please, tell me about being a paladin.

26. - Top - End - #206

When Kratippus hears she was a paladin, he can't help but laugh. Not because he doesn't believe that a vampire was once a paladin, or at the irony of that occurring, but because he was right about her's being an interesting story. Please, tell me about being a paladin.
    "It was . . . unique." Naku admits, shrugging again. That was about the only word that summed it up. "We were sent out," who we was, she doesn't say, "pretty much daily--not that you could really tell night from day, the sun had been mostly blotted out, see--, in order to look for people, supplies, dead paladins to take back their weapons; just sent out to do whatever we could, you know?

Then back home we just slept, trained, joked, and generally did what we could to stay sane.

Heck, there was this one guy,"
    Naku says, a rare smile crossing her face, "who was convinced he was the chosen savior of mankind. There was even a prophecy of sorts that completely had him convinced. We'd hear about that all, the time." Naku laughs at the memory.
    Then, with a sigh, she admitted "But he was the first one to die."
    Show

27. - Top - End - #207

Did you get in any fights or battles as a paladin?

28. - Top - End - #208

Did you get in any fights or battles as a paladin?
    "If we count random skirmishes as battles; yes. I can honestly say that I have been in more fights than I have had hot meals. Every time we were sent out, we were gone for maybe eight hours at most, unless we got cut off for whatever reason; and we usually averaged 4 or 5 skirmishes every hour or so. Less, if they had sent me ahead just to scout; since apparently walking quietly was a skill no one was ever taught any more." Naku said, grinning to herself at her amazingly flattering description of her comrades. "At home it was expected of you to keep your armor polished to the point of shining. The people in charge of sending us out never could understand why we'd get home and it looked like we had been rolling in the mud." Naku chuckles slightly. She had always enjoyed helping everyone else smear dirt on their armor.
    Show

29. - Top - End - #209

Fade's shadow slides back from the first storage as the man went into his room. Fade is now behind the bar cleaning the glasses.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

30. - Top - End - #210

A young woman enters the building. She has pure white eyes and short, shiny white hair. She wears jeans, sneakers, a red tube top, and a denim jacket with a slightly damp shoulder. The elbows of her jacket and knees of her jeans are torn open.

Krystal steps inside and waits for the Lady to follow her in.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907