New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Dancing Fox Inn VI: Wait, there used to be a Ribbajack here?

Eyes widening, Cerise stares in shock at Naku. "R- Really...? Oh my god, I had no idea..."

As Naku teleports away, she glances around, then, spotting her, floats over and gazes at the black fire curiously."Uuu... that's some esoteric and questionably evil pseudo-fire substance, isn't it..." Yes, Cerise is well-versed in the arts of color identification of plot elements.
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Dancing Fox Inn VI: Wait, there used to be a Ribbajack here?

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Krystal digs in as well, clearly enjoying her meal. Good stuff.

So, you got any hobbies or anything?
    The Lady wipes her mouth with a napkin after devouring her steak.
    "Well...I like traveling through time...bowling...eating, clearly. And...well...I dunno. There isn't many things to do on Galifray that you'd probably know about."

---

Songdancer also notices the flames!
    He walks down from the stage and puts his hooves on the table, looking at the candles curiously.
    Black flames can't be good!
    "What's going on here?"
    Zane has his full, undivided attention!
    Last edited by Mindfreak; 2012-12-02 at 11:13 AM.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

3. - Top - End - #303
    Bugbear in the Playground

Krystal nods a little.

Well, I know where there's a bowling alley, at least. Don't know about the time traveling, though.

How many different worlds have you been to?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

4. - Top - End - #304
    Basher
    Guest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    "I would recommend Nuke Cola."

The famouse Nuke cola is a drink which appears to gloom green like nuklear material, but tasts like cola . (If i remember right) It's Fade's favorit drink.
    Hearing the suggestion, he looks at the man who said it.

"Nuke Cola, huh? I guess I'll try that."

5. - Top - End - #305

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Krystal nods a little.

Well, I know where there's a bowling alley, at least. Don't know about the time traveling, though.

How many different worlds have you been to?
    "A lot. I used to just wander the universe on my own, seeing the sights, living my life. Until the Time War, that is. I learned a lot."
    She devoured her burger.
    Busy with Life

6. - Top - End - #306

Krystal seems to be a little bit in awe of this info.

What's the weirdest thing you've ever seen?

Well, that's obviously the first question to ask. Duh.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

7. - Top - End - #307

The Lady thought for a second.
    "Well...I'd have to say this place called Equestria. It was FILLED with talking cartoon ponies."
    Like Songdancer!
    Or Banana Creme Pie!
    Who suddenly happens to be at the table too!
    "Equestria? Why are we talking about Equestria?"
    Busy with Life

8. - Top - End - #308
    Dwarf in the Playground

Seph walks in the DFI. He is eight feet tall and clad in all black with a hooded longcoat to boot. He takes a seat in what look to be the bar part of the inn. From his cloak he opens a small map and decides to study it until one of the staff decides to take his order.
    My Nexus characters that I consider important.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

9. - Top - End - #309

Krystal seems surprised by this. She never would have guessed that. Ever.

She's about to respond when one of those ponies pops up at their table. Krystal jumps back in surprise a little. Nobody expects a pony to pop out of nowhere. Outside of Equestria, of course.

Oh, um, hi. I was just asking my friend here to tell me what the...uh...most interesting place she's been to is.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

10. - Top - End - #310

Quote Originally Posted by SerphIvanXin123 View Post
    Seph walks in the DFI. He is eight feet tall and clad in all black with a hooded longcoat to boot. He takes a seat in what look to be the bar part of the inn. From his cloak he opens a small map and decides to study it until one of the staff decides to take his order.
    A Naku-clone, as the real Naku's off accosting some Deadtime'd guy, is at the bar, and all ready to take his order!
    "Welcome to the DFI; what can I get for you?"

Naku, should you need a description, is fairly tall, has dark purple hair that aaaalmost reaches the floor, eyes that look like orbs of blood, and a pair of adorable little fangs that show when she smiles.
    Or, I can just share a picture.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Dwarf in the Playground

Serph looks up and sees the bishoujo vampire, albeit a clone. Not that he can tell that she's a clone or a vampire. "I'll have a chocolate ice cream float and a roasted quail, thanks. Also some Elven wine for after." His words somewhat slur together. After a small pause he speaks again. "Do you happen to know if any of your patrons are adventurers or mercenaries? I'm looking for some." The map maybe a clue as to why he's looking for adventurers/mercenaries.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

12. - Top - End - #312

Serph looks up and sees the bishoujo vampire, albeit a clone. Not that he can tell that she's a clone or a vampire. "I'll have a chocolate ice cream float and a roasted quail, thanks. Also some Elven wine for after." His words somewhat slur together. After a small pause he speaks again. "Do you happen to know if any of your patrons are adventurers or mercenaries? I'm looking for some." The map maybe a clue as to why he's looking for adventurers/mercenaries.
    "Iiii can do that." Naku says, as she scribbles down 'roast quail' in a neat hand on a ticket looking thing.
    She proceeds to send this through a small hatch on the wall behind her, into the kitchen.
    "It'll be out shortly." With that, she goes about making the float, while answering his other question.

"Can't really point you to anyone specifically; but nearly everyone here gives off that adventurer vibe. I'd suggest just asking them personally. Or making a communal announcement that you're looking for people."
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I do not think the first option would work for me but how would I do a communal announcement?" He asks the barkeep while idly flicking one of the edges of the small map on the table.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

14. - Top - End - #314

"I do not think the first option would work for me but how would I do a communal announcement?" He asks the barkeep while idly flicking one of the edges of the small map on the table.
    "Talk loudly." Naku informs him with a slightly evil grin, as she hands him the float.
    Show

15. - Top - End - #315
    Dwarf in the Playground

.....if you say so. He consumes his ice cream float with vigor. The float was enjoyable. Once he finished he stood up and faced the patrons of the DFI. He embraced saidin and struggled for the control of power. Weaving a flow of air around him so that his voice would be magnified he spoke"Calling any interested adventurer and/or mercenary. I have a quest that may interest you folk." Afterwards he sat down feeling somewhat embarrassed. He turns to the barkeep. "I hope for my sake that you weren't just making fun of me."
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

16. - Top - End - #316

Cerise, floating next to the real Naku, glances bemusedly between the two copies. Upon hearing the call for help, she ponders it for a moment, then calls back almost as loudly, "Does it involve killing someone? Or a lot of someones?"
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Dwarf in the Playground

Serph hears a reply and almost did not believe it actually worked. "That I don't know, what I do know is this." He takes the map on the table and shows it to Cerise. It was obviously a map of an underground dungeon. At the bottom of the map it read. 'tis no fun to toss the die alone. Bring a friend or two or three."I've tried going alone it didn't work."
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

18. - Top - End - #318
    Pixie in the Playground

In slowly walks a blindfolded man garbed in dark gold and white clothing. With black hair pulled up in a short pony tail in the back and light-brown skin, one might recognize the fellow to be from an eastern country of some sort. The man opens the tavern door a moment before Seph's request and thus diverts his attention towards him when he speaks up.

.....if you say so. He consumes his ice cream float with vigor. The float was enjoyable. Once he finished he stood up and faced the patrons of the DFI. He embraced saidin and struggled for the control of power. Weaving a flow of air around him so that his voice would be magnified he spoke"Calling any interested adventurer and/or mercenary. I have a quest that may interest you folk." Afterwards he sat down feeling somewhat embarrassed. He turns to the barkeep. "I hope for my sake that you weren't just making fun of me."
    Generally Gan Yun was suspicious of people who requested help in the Nexus, as about half of them had questionable motives for doing so. Nevertheless, he would inquire into the task as there was still a chance that it didn't involve nefarious action. After all, he needed to do anything he could to redeem himself.

Gan walks over to Seph.

"What is it that you need?"
    Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself. - Bernard Shaw

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it. - Bernard Shaw

Nexus FFRP Characters

My excellent avatars were created by Kymme and Herpestidae

19. - Top - End - #319
    Dwarf in the Playground

Serph in the middle of explaining things to Cerise turns to Gan Yun. He explains everything in the same fashion he explained it the first time which is in the previous post. Addressing them both he asks,"So you two in or what? There's not much else I can elaborate on."
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

20. - Top - End - #320
    Halfling in the Playground

"What," Naku asks, after teleporting over to near Zane's table, "are you doing?"

This is probably the most worried or mad any of the longer-time visitors here have ever seen Naku. Her world had black fire; it usually spelled doom and death for everyone in a five mile radius.

So she's a bit on the paranoid side.
    Zane barely looks up, his expression spelling boredom.
    "I...am lighting candles. Is that a crime here, if so I can cease doing so immediately."
    Careful Naku, fear accelerates the Fire's burning capabilities...don't get burned...
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

21. - Top - End - #321

The young ghost glances down at the map. "Heh... It says die..." She's quite obviously drunk.

Cerise shrugs. "So it's an exploration thing? ...I guess I could broaden my horizons somewhat. What happened when you tried to go alone?"

22. - Top - End - #322

Quote Originally Posted by aric_kale View Post
    Zane barely looks up, his expression spelling boredom.
    "I...am lighting candles. Is that a crime here, if so I can cease doing so immediately."
    Careful Naku, fear accelerates the Fire's burning capabilities...don't get burned...
    Oh no; Naku's not afraid. She's seen too much death, pain, and people getting turned painfully into gibbets of flesh to be scared of a little fire.
    "Lighting candles isn't a crime, no. Using that, is." She says, nodding at the black fire.

The Naku behind the bar, her job being done, disappears.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #323
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I fell in a pit of fire." Serph said in a matter of fact tone. The worst part of that event was not the fire but the floor suddenly vanishing underneath him.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

24. - Top - End - #324

There's a flash of light and a loud squawk from the kitchen, followed shortly by the scent of burning feathers.

About two and a half minutes later, Strahd pokes his head out of the kitchen. ORDER UP!
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

25. - Top - End - #325
    Pixie in the Playground

Before Gan replies to Seph's proposal he turns his head towards the black-flamed candles. They were probably of malicious origin but were definitely out of place. Still, nothing was happening there yet so he decided to ignore it for the time being. There were plenty of people here that Zane would have to fight off if things took a turn for the worse.

Serph in the middle of explaining things to Cerise turns to Gan Yun. He explains everything in the same fashion he explained it the first time which is in the previous post. Addressing them both he asks,"So you two in or what? There's not much else I can elaborate on."
    Gan focused on Seph once more.

"I'm reluctant especially with the vagueness of this place. Is the goal here to extract a treasure of some kind?"

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it. - Bernard Shaw

Nexus FFRP Characters

26. - Top - End - #326
    Dwarf in the Playground

Serph sees his food is ready. "Excuse me a moment." He takes the roasted quail. Using saidin once more he weaves air and chops the quail into tiny pieces. Quick as a bullet he consumes it. All that was left was the Elven wine for later. He returns to where Gan and Cerise was and answers Gan's question. "That's why you call it an adventure. You risk a dungeon which may or may not be crawling with monsters. At the end of it there may or may not be treasure. Such is the life." His words slur again possibly due to speaking a lot.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

27. - Top - End - #327

Cerise considers Serph's words for a moment. But only for a moment. "I'm in! If there are monsters, I get to kill stuff. If there's treasure, I get stuff. It's win-win for me!"

28. - Top - End - #328
    Pixie in the Playground

Serph sees his food is ready. "Excuse me a moment." He takes the roasted quail. Using saidin once more he weaves air and chops the quail into tiny pieces. Quick as a bullet he consumes it. All that was left was the Elven wine for later. He returns to where Gan and Cerise was and answers Gan's question. "That's why you call it an adventure. You risk a dungeon which may or may not be crawling with monsters. At the end of it there may or may not be treasure. Such is the life." His words slur again possibly due to speaking a lot.
    "I suppose you're not entirely wrong. But an adventure doesn't always have to be undertaken for the result of tangible rewards, friend" states Gan nonchalantly.

He glances over at where Naku and Zane are once more, sensing that something might happen. Well he does, but nobody can see that, being blindfolded and all.

"Regardless, I'll go. A monk should never be complacent and I haven't tested my abilities for some time now. I suppose I could benefit from new armor too."

Nexus FFRP Characters

29. - Top - End - #329
    Dwarf in the Playground

Serph pauses to wonder what kind of other reason you would enter a dungeon. All he could think of was treasure, fighting monsters and saving damsels in distress. Unfortunately he had never encountered the third. "That Settles it then. We'll go as soon as everyone is ready." He was not sure if the others were doing something else before he called out to them but he knew he still had one order that needed following up. " 'Scuse me barkeep, can I have my Elven wine to go? Adventure awaits."
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

30. - Top - End - #330

Serph pauses to wonder what kind of other reason you would enter a dungeon. All he could think of was treasure, fighting monsters and saving damsels in distress. Unfortunately he had never encountered the third. "That Settles it then. We'll go as soon as everyone is ready." He was not sure if the others were doing something else before he called out to them but he knew he still had one order that needed following up. " 'Scuse me barkeep, can I have my Elven wine to go? Adventure awaits."
    The wine just kind of appears in a not-very-designed-for-wine mug. Because Naku believes in giving more than tiny little glasses.
    Show