New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Dancing Fox Inn VI: Wait, there used to be a Ribbajack here?

Was the man joking? "I'm a pyromancer so I can detect some magic but you I was able to spot in an instant. Are you sure that you don't know." Serph was truly surprised. How can one with much affinity for magic not know at all?
    My Nexus characters that I consider important.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

2. - Top - End - #362
    Basher
    Guest in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Dancing Fox Inn VI: Wait, there used to be a Ribbajack here?

"Frankly, I'm quite sure that I don't really know."

He smiles wryly, his hand still holding the cup but does not attempt to take a sip.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Dwarf in the Playground

"You have done nothing out of the ordinary? Fireballs, Icicle shards, boulder-lifting even flight?" Serph inquires as he takes a seat.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

4. - Top - End - #364
    Basher
    Guest in the Playground

"Uh, no.. not anything in particular. You see, I'm just trying to find out my past, because I don't really remember anything. If you say I have this magic affinity.. does this mean I was a past magic user or some sort?"

He now takes a long sip from the cup, emptying the contents of it. It sure is a good drink.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I don't know the specifics, only thing I do know is that with your affinity, you should have to at least been able to do something magic. Like power armor and stuff." Serph doesn't bother to buy a drink for himself.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

6. - Top - End - #366
    Basher
    Guest in the Playground

"Well, there's still thing I have.. which pretty much makes me immune to attacks.. physically at least. I discovered it when a thief tried to rob me by trying to stab me. I'm not really sure how I do it though."

Looking at the empty cup, he places it onto the table.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Dwarf in the Playground

"That counts. So that's the only magic you have? If you want I can pass on to you pyromancy." Serph asks.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

8. - Top - End - #368
    Barbarian in the Playground

Tesera, the serene woman with magic runes embroidered on her traveling clothes, looks over from the bar at the talk of magic. Dirk, the paladin with red dragonscale armor and a broadsword slung on his back, is still watching the deadtimed guy who had the black fire.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

9. - Top - End - #369
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
    Clegg growls. The strongest drink ye go'! Ah haha ha! He stands up and looks around. I be', I c'n outdrink any 'o' ye!
    Zane smirks, deciding to take up this drunk's challenge.
    "All right then. Any drink in particular?"
    He didn't mention that the fire in him burned off the alcohol. Making him nearly unbeatable in a drink off.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

10. - Top - End - #370

Quote Originally Posted by aric_kale View Post
    He didn't mention that the fire in him burned off the alcohol. Making him nearly unbeatable in a drink off.
    "Well, seeing as we have drinks that are assured to make anyone drunk, we probably shouldn't use those, eh?"
    Naku asks, sighing slightly.
    She hated drinking contests; however, paying for the drinks at the end always made her happy.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

11. - Top - End - #371
    Bugbear in the Playground

The black liquid can be calles 'liquid shadow'. A drink Fade created in his deadtime. It's non of these instant drunk drinks, but still a very strong alcohole. People not used to alcohole will need a doctor after one cup.

"Nop. They shout the whole day. Still I don't get why."

And then the shadow Fade kills the cup in front of him, before preparing two new cups.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

12. - Top - End - #372

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Krystal nods a little. Okay, that makes sense. So, just keep in mind that pretty much anything can happen here. It'll help keep ya from getting too surprised.

And then the singing ponies! Krystal listens with intent, and applauds when they are finished.
    "Eh...hopefully I won't get so surprised. I've seen a lot of strange things in my lifetime!"
    She and the ponies frowned at Clegg or, Er, Thenardier as his name seems to have magically changed.
    They aren't very appreciative of him...
    Then again, all three don't approve of drinking
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

13. - Top - End - #373
    Halfling in the Playground

Zane took the drink and chugged it.
    "Eh, I've had worse...another!"
    90% of the alcohol burned off. Not enough to give him a slight buzz.
    Last edited by Aric Kale; 2012-12-09 at 06:12 PM.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

14. - Top - End - #374

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    "Eh...hopefully I won't get so surprised. I've seen a lot of strange things in my lifetime!"
    She and the ponies frowned at Clegg or, Er, Thenardier as his name seems to have magically changed.
    They aren't very appreciative of him...
    Then again, all three don't approve of drinking
    Krystal chuckles and nods a little. Don't worry. This place will always surprise you.

Krystal wasn't big on drinking herself, so she frowns at the loud words.

You know, I think now might be a good time to pay up and head out.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

15. - Top - End - #375

The Lady nodded in agreement.
    "Perhaps we should. I'm not a big fan of what usually follows up a drinking contest."
    Which is either the contestants getting sick or getting in a fight.
    Busy with Life

16. - Top - End - #376

Or both. Which is also not fun.

Krystal nods and rises. She'll leave a good tip at the table and head over to the register to pay for their bill.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

17. - Top - End - #377
    Basher
    Guest in the Playground

"Pyromancy huh.. I guess I could use other ways to defend myself instead of using these throwing knives." He sticks his hand on his right pocket, taking out 4 small throwing knives as he says so. "I'll take your offer." He slides the knives back to his pocket afterwards.

18. - Top - End - #378

The Lady follows Krystal along!
    She wants to get outta here!
    Busy with Life

19. - Top - End - #379
    Dwarf in the Playground

"You won't regret learning pyromancy. It's flames maybe just the simple red but it is quite strong. I would keep those knives though, some things magic just doesn't work on. Hold out your hand. Don't worry this will just be a bit hot." Serph stretches his hand out like in a handshake.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

20. - Top - End - #380
    Basher
    Guest in the Playground

Altar holds out his hand similar to the way the man does.

"Uh, like this?"

21. - Top - End - #381
    Dwarf in the Playground

.....Since the other guy did not grab his hand he does it. After the hand is grabbed heat should be felt by Altar rising up from his hand to his arm and so on and so firth until his body is covered in a comfortable warmth. ... and there! You have just gained the abilities of a pyromancer. The limits of this ability lies at the limit of your imagination plus a bit of logic. Our flames are different from mundane flames, it sustains itself by taking energy from the surroundings. Just make sure not to use your or other people's energy. Serph makes a small flame on his fingertip. Altar should now be able to see that energy was drawn to it and made the fire. "Just like that, why don't you give it a try?"
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

22. - Top - End - #382
    Basher
    Guest in the Playground

Feeling the warmth from his entire body, he's exhilarated.

"Wow.. I feel.. great!

Nodding at what the man was saying, he glances around, touching the wood from the bar as well. He tries to feel the energy, although he's not quite sure if he really feels it. Looking at the small flame coming from the man's fingertip, he replies:

Just use the energy around me, except from other people's energy, into a single point so I could create something like that? I'll try..

Altar raises his right hand, his index finger pointing at the ceiling. He somehow was able to focus the energy of the surroundings to his fingertip, although he doesn't control how much energy is trying to flow to it. His fingertip just made a small flame, similar to a candlelight. Altar was surprised, and greatly satisfied at the same time. But, without the control of the flame, it starts to grow and grow until it became the size of his fist.

"Whoah!"

23. - Top - End - #383
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Yeah I had that problem as well. Just be glad you din't burn down a house like I did when I first learned. This is as far as I, Serph the pyromancer, can help you as the rest is all up to you. Hoever if you learn some other pyromancies feel free to share them eh?" Serph claps the man on his back then walks away, possibly looking for more pyromancers.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

24. - Top - End - #384
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by aric_kale View Post
    Clegg Thenardier nods, his wild grey eyes flashing about the room. Ay! Haha! 'Ow aboot one 'o' th' dwarven spirits! M'used t' the 'ard rum anyway...too long a' sea! Barkeep, 'and 'em ova, one fo' 'im, one fo' me! Aha haha! He awaits his drink and growls. This man smells mostly of alcohol...and...strangely a corpse. He smells like...a corpse drowned in alcohol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    "Well, seeing as we have drinks that are assured to make anyone drunk, we probably shouldn't use those, eh?"
    Naku asks, sighing slightly.
    She hated drinking contests; however, paying for the drinks at the end always made her happy.
    Clegg stares now. No, I don't think we shoul'...eh lass? Tha' wouldn't b' fun at all. No' one bit. SAy, 'ave ye eva 'eard 'o' th' tale 'o' the Crone's Claw? He smiles, gold teeth showing along with a few rotted ones. Thenardier's really let himself go since the Reinholdt incident.

25. - Top - End - #385

Quote Originally Posted by Basher View Post
    Feeling the warmth from his entire body, he's exhilarated.

"Wow.. I feel.. great!

Nodding at what the man was saying, he glances around, touching the wood from the bar as well. He tries to feel the energy, although he's not quite sure if he really feels it. Looking at the small flame coming from the man's fingertip, he replies:

Just use the energy around me, except from other people's energy, into a single point so I could create something like that? I'll try..

Altar raises his right hand, his index finger pointing at the ceiling. He somehow was able to focus the energy of the surroundings to his fingertip, although he doesn't control how much energy is trying to flow to it. His fingertip just made a small flame, similar to a candlelight. Altar was surprised, and greatly satisfied at the same time. But, without the control of the flame, it starts to grow and grow until it became the size of his fist.

"Whoah!"
    Real Fade appears next to the pyromancer.

"Sir. It would be very nice if you can stop that. We don#t want the DFI to be burnt down!"

And shadow Fade on the bar isn't giving out drinks to Thenardier. The cropse smell is strange.

""I think that's enougth for you. Actually I can't even understand you."

26. - Top - End - #386

Naku, due to her player going to be gone for the next few days, scribbles a quick note, and leaves it on the bar.

Before the note has time to hit the bar, she kneels, detaches her rifle from under the bar, and teleports away with it.

The note, for anyone reading it, says the following:
    Gone for a few days. Don't burnthe place down, eh?
    A neat hand never was important in the place she's from; good luck reading it.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

27. - Top - End - #387
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Real Fade appears next to the pyromancer.

"Sir. It would be very nice if you can stop that. We don#t want the DFI to be burnt down!"

And shadow Fade on the bar isn't giving out drinks to Thenardier. The cropse smell is strange.

""I think that's enougth for you. Actually I can't even understand you."
    Thenardier growls now, his breath smelling of....dead things. Wot? I don't think ye undastand! I'm 'ere t' drink! Now, come on! I got yer money! Come on, now fetch me a pint. Wot do ye mean ye can't undastans me?! Eh?! Clegg looks a little upset.

28. - Top - End - #388

The shadow Fade just looks back at him.

"Your speaking a differetn tounge than me. I don't get what you want, but you appear to drunk right now."

((And the player can't read it as well))

29. - Top - End - #389
    Basher
    Guest in the Playground

Altar hurriedly shakes off his right hand, dozing off the flame he made. He sighs at what happened, but he seems to be happy at least. He looks at Serph before he leaves: "Thanks."

He quickly apologizes to Fade after he appeared next to him. "I'm really sorry sir, it was my first time using it. Oh, and could you bring me another of that drink you gave me earlier? It was really good."

30. - Top - End - #390

"Either first or last itime doesn't count. If that happens inside this building again, I need to throw you out."

Then he heads to the bar where his shadow gives him another nuke Cola. He then goes bac to the pyromancer and serves the drink.