New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Dancing Fox Inn VI: Wait, there used to be a Ribbajack here?

Quote Originally Posted by aric_kale View Post
    Zane watches the fight, continuing to juggle. It's relaxing...
    "You meant pointless!" Fade corrects him.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

2. - Top - End - #932
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Dancing Fox Inn VI: Wait, there used to be a Ribbajack here?

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    "You meant pointless!" Fade corrects him.
    Many relaxing things are... Zane will continue to juggle. He purposely leaves out the secondary goal of having them on hand for when he has to duel Gan...
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

3. - Top - End - #933

"And you think I would just let you throw them against a weakened enemy?"

Fade isn't that stupid barboy Zane may assumed.He caught the fact that he wants to fight the monk and the spheres don't seem to be made for juggling. Right?

4. - Top - End - #934
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    You are welcome.

Now if you'll excuse me......
    Vo smiled, hiding other feelings. "Of course." With that, she pardoned herself from Deadra's room.

HALOです。

5. - Top - End - #935
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    "Ah."
    Songdancer stared at the two fighters.
    "Do you mind if I intervened then? Fighting isn't fun to be around, and this doesn't seem like the sort of fight one of them is going to walk away from."
    He doesn't quite like bloodshed.
    "I certainly can't stop you if you want to try. Just be aware they might not like it terribly much."
    Naku points out.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

6. - Top - End - #936

"And you think I would just let you throw them against a weakened enemy?"

Fade isn't that stupid barboy Zane may assumed.He caught the fact that he wants to fight the monk and the spheres don't seem to be made for juggling. Right?
    Zane just shrugs, he knew Fade wasn't stupid, but the odds of him feeling threatened ny the emotionless creature (not sure what he is) are not high. Darkstar will continue his "hobby" Well that would be ideal...chances are against it though. You cam have one if you desire it. I won't even throw it, you can pluck it from my hands. Zane will neglect to mention that the glassy surface of the spheres are as hot as the fire within.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

7. - Top - End - #937

"No one ever is."
    And with that, he'll attempt to use his telekinesis to freeze both Clegg and Gan in place before they hurt each other any more than they already have.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

8. - Top - End - #938
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Time for Never View Post
    !

"Thanks!"

This guy doesn't know when to give up. Naku's interjection reaches Gan in time before the ex-inspector tries to lop off his hand. It also helps that, being behind Gan and him having his arms on his knees, that it would be an awkward strike for Clegg to pull off. Alerted and reflexes kicking in, the tired warrior monk naturally rolls onto his back, springs backwards using his hands for momentum and will try to reverse donkey kick Clegg in the abdomen.

.....Well that's certainly an unusual attack, but hey it's worked before in this sort of situation.

"Why won't you stay down?" growls an increasingly annoyed Gan.

Gan's kick pushes Clegg backwards for a few feet, but Clegg lands on his feet. Now he's looking very bruised. I"m undea', no brain. I don't go unconscious. Hehe, ye woul' 'ave known tha' if ye ever looked inside an anatomy book. Simple stuff. He cracks his neck. Don't breathe, guts don't really 'urt, bruise....but i' jus' 'eals. It's goo' bein' dead. He raises his pistol and fires three shots now. To the middle, left, and right of Gan.

Afterwards, he's frozen in place, though now glaring at Songdancer with growing hatred.
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2013-01-25 at 12:28 PM.

9. - Top - End - #939

Quote Originally Posted by aric_kale View Post
    Zane just shrugs, he knew Fade wasn't stupid, but the odds of him feeling threatened ny the emotionless creature (not sure what he is) are not high. Darkstar will continue his "hobby" Well that would be ideal...chances are against it though. You cam have one if you desire it. I won't even throw it, you can pluck it from my hands. Zane will neglect to mention that the glassy surface of the spheres are as hot as the fire within.
    Fade appears very much like a human. Due to Nexus evenst he has perfect skincolor instead of near white. His yellow eyes appear unnatural, butother than that he appears as human.

Fade will first try to touch one of the spheres, but as he touch it he recoil from the unexpected heat. He didn't assume it's that hot, sincethe guy juggles them around like balls. Fade takes a breath and his palm of the hand beginnst to gloom in a wight light as he tries to grabs for a sphere again. If that works Zane might wonder why the heat has no effect anymore.

Fade did pay attention to what happend at the fight.

"Do you even act in a draw?"

10. - Top - End - #940
    Pixie in the Playground

"No one ever is."
    And with that, he'll attempt to use his telekinesis to freeze both Clegg and Gan in place before they hurt each other any more than they already have.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    Gan's kick pushes Clegg backwards for a few feet, but Clegg lands on his feet. Now he's looking very bruised. I"m undea', no brain. I don't go unconscious. Hehe, ye woul' 'ave known tha' if ye ever looked inside an anatomy book. Simple stuff. He cracks his neck. Don't breathe, guts don't really 'urt, bruise....but i' jus' 'eals. It's goo' bein' dead. He raises his pistol and fires three shots now. To the middle, left, and right of Gan.

Afterwards, he's frozen in place, though now glaring at Songdancer with growing hatred.
    ((Sorry for the delay, college can do that sometimes.))

There's bullets flying at him and an enchanted pony is trying to freeze Gan in place via telekinetic means. This is a tricky dilemma for sure. Well assuming that the bullets are fired before Songdancer is able to mind-freeze Clegg, and if said bullets are able to escape the effects of the psionic abilities, then Gan will make a dodging attempt by rolling backwards. He's still on the ground after doing the reverse kick on Clegg and so isn't able to move as effectively as standing up. Too bad for him though that the bullet aimed down the middle will hit him in the lower thigh. Gan will then be held in place by Songdancer with a bullet in his leg and the agony that comes along with that.

((Mindfreak will have the say in what happens there I suppose))

If Gan is indeed shot then he will instinctively grab for where the projectile hit him and briefly recoil from the instantaneous pain accompanied by it. For being shot he doesn't appear to be too injured however as he doesn't moan in pain or otherwise emit a noise indicating the pain.

"Damn you."

Then the telekinetic paralysis takes effect. Gan will not be happy about this at all. In fact that would be an understatement - for an usually calm and easygoing individual, Gan's one thing that he doesn't tolerate is a person interfering in a duel between two opponents. From his perspective you could beat him, steal from him, curse him, lie to him, maim him, spite him, even kill him. What you do not do is get in the way between a consensual fight.

If he can still talk Gan will simply say:

"What. Are. You. Doing."
    Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself. - Bernard Shaw

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it. - Bernard Shaw

Nexus FFRP Characters

My excellent avatars were created by Kymme and Herpestidae

11. - Top - End - #941

Fade appears very much like a human. Due to Nexus evenst he has perfect skincolor instead of near white. His yellow eyes appear unnatural, butother than that he appears as human.

Fade will first try to touch one of the spheres, but as he touch it he recoil from the unexpected heat. He didn't assume it's that hot, sincethe guy juggles them around like balls. Fade takes a breath and his palm of the hand beginnst to gloom in a wight light as he tries to grabs for a sphere again. If that works Zane might wonder why the heat has no effect anymore.

Fade did pay attention to what happend at the fight.

"Do you even act in a draw?"
    Zane is not surprised by Fade's recoiling. He is, on the other hand, more than a little bit amused; though he manages to hide it well. Assuming Fade is devoid of fear as he again picks up an orb, his method of fire protection will work.
    Zane is also paying careful attention, and is therefore disappointed by Songdancer's meddling...
    If naku were not sure to put a bullet in my head I would most certainly assist Clegg. However, that is not the case, and I honestly doubt either opponent will be satisfied with a draw. Naturally, he is still juggling.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

12. - Top - End - #942

Yes Fade and emotions are as far away as the pony taking a fight.

"Still I think your weak. Even if this didn't happen you would attack a exhausted fighter. Don't you have honour?"

13. - Top - End - #943

Yes Fade and emotions are as far away as the pony taking a fight.

"Still I think your weak. Even if this didn't happen you would attack a exhausted fighter. Don't you have honour?"
    Zane shrugs, he's been called worse, Weak? maybe...I'd like to call myself an opportunist. Honestly though, my honor is limited at best. I have been given a job and this man stands in the way.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

14. - Top - End - #944

" I heared what this job is about, but I don't think this guy is your best opportunity. You should maybe hire NO."

Yeah that way Fade would become a member.^^

15. - Top - End - #945

Songdancer glares angrily at Clegg as his horn glows again, as he's casting a spell to get rid of the bullet in Gan's leg and heal the wound.
    All while keeping them frozen.
    Looking at Gan, he speaks.
    "I'm stopping this before it goes any further."
    He begins to walk slowly around the frozen Clegg and Gan.
    "There is one reason why I enjoy working here over any other place. That reason? The fact that fighting is frowned upon here."
    He sighed.
    "If you want to fight, I want you to go some where else."
    He glowered at both of them.
    "If you insist to continue here, then you both will have to deal with me."
    He'll allow his telekinetic grip on them to apply a bit of pressure.
    "And you do not want to deal with me. Do you understand?"
    Let's hope that they don't see through Songdancer's bluff
    Busy with Life

16. - Top - End - #946
    Pixie in the Playground

Songdancer glares angrily at Clegg as his horn glows again, as he's casting a spell to get rid of the bullet in Gan's leg and heal the wound.
    All while keeping them frozen.
    Looking at Gan, he speaks.
    "I'm stopping this before it goes any further."
    He begins to walk slowly around the frozen Clegg and Gan.
    "There is one reason why I enjoy working here over any other place. That reason? The fact that fighting is frowned upon here."
    He sighed.
    "If you want to fight, I want you to go some where else."
    He glowered at both of them.
    "If you insist to continue here, then you both will have to deal with me."
    He'll allow his telekinetic grip on them to apply a bit of pressure.
    "And you do not want to deal with me. Do you understand?"
    Let's hope that they don't see through Songdancer's bluff
    The bullet should be removed from his thigh unless it's some sort of permanently-binding magical bullet. Or something else equally odd. Songdancer's psionic mending will also repair the monk's leg back to normal.

Despite having his wound healed Gan will still be deeply agitated by the development of this interruption. The monk's annoyance rapidly begins to turn into anger as Songdancer speaks.

"And you would just have this monster walk away from his crimes unscathed because you happen to be too timid of conflict?!" roars a surprisingly aggressive Gan.

He takes a deep breath and attempts to calm himself once more.

"I understand that you don't like fighting, and that's fine. I know many good people who don't as well. Yet, by you interfering here, you will be allowing for him to commit unjustified murder of an innocent. You will be directly responsible for his actions by standing idly by and letting him get away, when I have the ability to settle this once and for all. I can sense that you're a genuinely good individual. Don't do this." This time Gan speaks in a more respectful manner to the pony.
    Last edited by Time for Never; 2013-01-29 at 01:47 AM.

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it. - Bernard Shaw

Nexus FFRP Characters

17. - Top - End - #947
    Ogre in the Playground

Clegg just glares at the pony. He stares and doesn't seem like he's going to speak. he was busy planing his next action as soon as he was freed. But he speaks out. Greetin's gluefeet. Yer tha' pony ta' was inside. eh? Well....le' me ask ye a question...why are ye doin' thi'? Huh? It's me figh'. If ye don't free me, gluefeet...I migh' 'ave t' free meself...an' ye won't like me afterwards. Yer girlfriend in there migh' miss ye. Maybe after I'm doing with ye I'll send 'er a can 'o' glue t' remember ye by. Or ye can le' me go an' beat th' 'ell ou' 'o' this pompous, ugly, self-righteous idio'. Yer choice... He grins.

18. - Top - End - #948

Songdancer glared at both Clegg and Gan. Clegg shouldn't have said that with Naku around.
    "I don't care."
    He will fling Gan and Clegg telekinetically away from the inn, releasing them from his grasp.
    "Get away from my inn."
    His eyes and horn began to glow.
    "Do I make myself clear?"
    Busy with Life

19. - Top - End - #949
    Pixie in the Playground

Songdancer glared at both Clegg and Gan. Clegg shouldn't have said that with Naku around.
    "I don't care."
    He will fling Gan and Clegg telekinetically away from the inn, releasing them from his grasp.
    "Get away from my inn."
    Gan lands on his hands and feet like a cat. Getting up, he brushes himself off and retrieves his naginata. Gan turns towards Songdancer while ignoring Clegg and begins to use his true sight on him to detect whether he was bluffing. As it turns out, the pony most likely wouldn't do anything to actually harm them.

Still, there wasn't any point in inadvertently agitating anyone else.

"Unless i'm misunderstood, this is Naku's inn and not yours. As such I'd appreciate it if you didn't antagonize us further."

He turns his back to songdancer.

"Regardless, I do agree that it would be an appropriate time to leave this place."

And with that Gan will begin to walk down the road away from the inn.

Nexus FFRP Characters

20. - Top - End - #950

"I don't care."
    "Get away from my inn."
    "My Inn, Dancer.

Everyone happy, and if not happy, at least done? We can all stop killing each other now and possibly causing damage to the inn and the people trying to get into it, hai?"
    Naku asks, not yet removing her gun from its ready position.
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

21. - Top - End - #951
    Ogre in the Playground

Clegg is pushed away, but he still raises his pistol at Dancer now. Say...gluey, jus' 'ow far d' ye think yer outside th' inn? I wager yer outside...which means yer fair game. Now, I'll give ye three seconds t' either apoligize t' me, or get yer tail back inside yer little sanctuary. He brings out a bottle of rum and begins to swig it down. His wounds begin to seal as he does. Oi! ...Gan...see ye later, eh?

22. - Top - End - #952
    Pixie in the Playground

Clegg is pushed away, but he still raises his pistol at Dancer now. Say...gluey, jus' 'ow far d' ye think yer outside th' inn? I wager yer outside...which means yer fair game. Now, I'll give ye three seconds t' either apoligize t' me, or get yer tail back inside yer little sanctuary. He brings out a bottle of rum and begins to swig it down. His wounds begin to seal as he does. Oi! ...Gan...see ye later, eh?
    Without stopping, Gan offhandedly replies: "I'm sure we will in the near future. If so, can settle our feud at that time if you decide to continue on with Deadra. Until then."

Gan will disregard Zane unless he attempts to attack him before he leaves. If nobody else tries to stop him, Gan will be off to find Felandria in whatever thread she may be in now.
    Last edited by Time for Never; 2013-01-30 at 12:40 AM.

Nexus FFRP Characters

23. - Top - End - #953

"And I'll give you 3 seconds to get out of here."
    "I expect you'll make the right choice and leave."

He then turned and looked at Naku.
    "Yes. Your inn. But "the inn in which I work and sleep" doesn't sound as good."
    Busy with Life

24. - Top - End - #954

This may surprise Gan, but Zane will merely nod politely and put his Orbs back into his Satchel of Holding. He knows when it's time to act, and time to wait...
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

25. - Top - End - #955

Aiden comes back down inside the inn, only to find that Naku is currently outside. He immediately decides not to ask any questions and just sits near the fireplace.

26. - Top - End - #956

Fade just drops the sphere he picked up.

"As i said. If you think you need professional people, then hire NO."

27. - Top - End - #957
    Orc in the Playground

As the sun sets the following day, Deadra prepares to set out to find Felandria.

She heads downstairs and looks around for her new employees.

So, where's the dead guy?

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

28. - Top - End - #958
    Pixie in the Playground

"I believe," Vo said, reemerging, "the captain has gone ahead. More or less."

HALOです。

29. - Top - End - #959

Naku, still being stuck in the doorway watching 'Dancer antagonize the dead pirate, finds a plot-clone of herself at the fireplace, sitting down, elbows on her knees, and just watching the fire.

Mostly because her player actually wants to get in some RP.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #960

Naku may see Aiden entering the inn after a short trip, and sitting near her in front of the fireplace. "Hey, Naku. How's it going?" He sounds like he's in a pretty good mood.