🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

2. - Top - End - #122
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 48

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Streets]

"Oh yeah, definitely. That's one thing I'm worried about." Sakura says with a nod. "I'm just not sure about it. I want to take care of my own kids, you know? Having someone else taking care of them besides Adir, or like you and Harnel, just doesn't seem right to me."
    [Streets]

"I understand that Sakura and I understand that you love taking care of them, but you didn't take Laela with you here did you? Sometimes we need some 'me' time, like what we did now and that wouldn't be possible if there weren't someone else take care of the children would it? Imagine if you just want to spend some time alone with Adir, who would take care of the children then?" Cessie argues, trying to focus on the conversation rather than that it's still quite a bit until they will reach the keep.

3. - Top - End - #123

Aegis Vaults

The robot slams into the grid and is caught, like a fly on a spiders web, sparks dancing across it's metal chassis and limbs twitching spastically in the current. A resonating buzz fills the room, rising and rising and echoing from wall to wall until the superheated metal is strained to it's limits and, with an ear-splitting BOOM!, shatters into a hail of molten shrapnel.

The lights flicker off. The defense grid goes with them. "Well, uh, hah! You've only fallen right into my evil trap! What could be worse than being trapped in the dark with... A ghost?!" Mr. Ghost doesn't sound quite as assured of his inevitable victory as he's trying for.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

[Streets]

"You could babysit them, right?" Sakura says with a little laugh. "I guess you have a point, though. It's already kind of hard to get some alone time when I feel like collapsing into bed every night."

5. - Top - End - #125

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    The Sitar's Strings

"Nope," Kareem says. HT is not feeling well enough to GM anything. Zefir should probably come up with his own ways to go after non-humans, perhaps with Ekkehard's help.

"Right this way, ma'am," Emily says to Latella, not understanding most of what she says, and leads her to the bar where the other PCs are sitting. Emily gives Ekkehard a quick smile. He'll see that she's covered her bruise well with makeup, but it's still there.
    The Sitar's Strings

Zefir just wanted to talk to him. The other thing is he doesn't know how far he can trust other people. Most of them use magic and that is something Zefir dislikes. He turns to Ekkehard.

"So, somthing going on?"
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

6. - Top - End - #126
    Orc in the Playground

The Sitar's Strings

"I know of a clan of kobolds in the Blue Zone. Filthy rat-lizards have packed about twenty of themselves into a two-bedroom house. It's bound to be dangerous; kobolds aren't too smart, and to house that many in such a small building they're bound to be breaking some safety regulations. Burning the place down would almost be doing them a favour, really." It's also going to be dangerous because kobolds are very good at building traps, and a few years ago most were forcibly conscripted into the army of a megalomanic dragon, and have had weapon's training.

Elsewhere in the Red Zone

The not-children retreat, abandoning the corpse where it lies in its separate piles. They've got plenty of bodies to eat in their alley. One quickly scoops up a small piece of flesh and devours it with its mouth-stalks.

An Alleyway

The child remains where it is, standing and watching. It's ready to spring into action, though that's not to obvious from its stance. Its eyes and mouth are closed.
    Last edited by Earl of Purple; 2012-10-08 at 04:22 PM.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

7. - Top - End - #127

WolfInSheepsClothing

Sitar's Strings

Latalla, now seated next to Ekkehand and Zefir, looks at her lunch companions and grins. First she turns to Zefir.

Hey, first off, I'm really sorry about reading your narrative stuff. I won't do that again, promise. To make up for it, I'm covering lunch! How about some of those little emptied out potatoes that have sour cream and bacon bits and green onions on them?

She looks at Ekkehand.

Oh, I totally agree. Godawful creatures, Kobolbs. Always going around, rik rik riking and learning about friendship and love. Only good for melting down into gold or making into a potion or something. The show was never really clear on that. Wait... Are we talking about kobolds or smurfs? I always get the two mixed up. One of them is blue and the other is named as if they should be blue, but I can never remember which way it goes...
    Last edited by Jacklu; 2012-10-08 at 04:46 PM.
    Still not really here. Still just an illusion.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Troll in the Playground

[A[nother] Park]

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    Angie misses her grandfather the most out of any of the family she knew. He was closer to a father for her then her own dad. Getting all this money from him dredged up some old memories of him. Being able to take a trip to get closer to him would be something she would love to do.

"That would actually be great. He never really talked about them with me as a kid, but I bet I can dig up some old dirt on what he did. I would love to do that."
    "Then it's settled," Sharon says happily, her face lighting up with excitement. "It'll be awesome!"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

9. - Top - End - #129
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Red Zone - Just a Park]

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post

The Chrysalids near Sophia are successfully distracted by the two bikers. They turn their heads, and then the rest of their bodies and let out a scream before starting their approach.

The Chrysalid grappling Gniewomir is engulfed in flame. It screams in pain, and in a last ditch effort to cause damage, vomits up its poisonous spit, trying to get it on him. His power armor will more than likely protect him.

The other Chrysalids stay with a cautious approach, unsure why some of the bikers are riding away now. A couple of them break off, trying to get into the rest of the Red Zone.
    Noah runs up to Sophia looking like a fairly excited if a bit angry dog. His ears perked up and his head swiveling around keeping an eye on his surroundings.

"You called for help?"

Noah looks to be a mix of blue collie and some other breed of dog. Though he can talk and he seems fairly calm for being in the middle of a chrysalid invasion.

---------------

[A[nother] Park]

"I know he did a lot of camping when he was out. I haven't been camping in ages. I will figure out where we will be going soon."

Angie sounds quite excited herself.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

10. - Top - End - #130

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Streets]

"You could babysit them, right?" Sakura says with a little laugh. "I guess you have a point, though. It's already kind of hard to get some alone time when I feel like collapsing into bed every night."
    [Streets]

"That's exactly what I'm talking about, just imagine what two babies will be like then and I have a lot of other things to do as well. There are a lot more people depending on me then my children." She states while they slowly starts to reach the cliff where the keep is standing upon.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

[Streets]

"Yeah, I guess so. I guess I'm just not as busy as you. At least not yet. After the baby and my sister are born, things might be a lot more crazy." Sakura says with a little laugh. "You got lucky with Kirin showing up, though. I have no idea who I'd want helping with the kids."

12. - Top - End - #132
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[A Street]]

A flicker of purple, and a similarly colored unicorn is deposited on the side of the road.

Twilight Sparkle is visibly exhausted, a worn look in her eyes and what appears to be a burn mark along one side of her horn, yet she is smiling and standing fairly steadily.
    "That wasn't as difficulty as you suggested."

A pulse of energy from the six-pointed star on her flank, stretches into the vague outline of a larger pony, superimposed over the unicorn in a gentle gray color.
    It speaks with its own voice, crisp and even.
    "Partial Harmony is easier to fix than Chaos. The Princess had already done most of the work, long ago."
    "But this place..."
    "Greater magic will be needed here."

They begin to walk, perfectly synchronized as if the outline was nothing more than a peculiar suit.
    Twilight frowns, considering as she watches a group of Inside citizens move along, a mixed batch of races and creeds.
    "How do we start? Ibby said they'd resist..."
    "The deeper the Chaos, the stronger the repulsion to Harmony. A common denominator must be found. A vague approximation, if necessary.
    Start with a foundation. Gather data, but quickly. There is little time before the land reacts, or your friends misguidedly intervene."

A moment of silence between the two, as the smaller equine thinks.
    It's a brief silence, as she's always prided herself on being fairly good at logicking out solutions to problems.
    "Well, the vast majority of intelligent species here seem bipedal to some degree. Not all of them, certainly, but most of them.
    We could use that and investigate the tavern my friends had found. It seemed to have an even representation of the city's inhabitants."

"Let us not dally."
    With the suggestion from Twilight, the superimposition smiles and they turn a corner.
    An idea and purpose in mind, the pair moves onwards towards Trog's Tavern.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

13. - Top - End - #133

Sitar's Strings

"We talk about Kobolds. And as far as I know they aren't blue expect you strangle them or put them into blue paint." he sais to Latalla. He obviously ignores or didn't hear the first part .

Then his attention goes back to Ekkehand.

"They are really annoying. I only know their kind using fireballs to burn down things and all. I really wonder how they managed to stay in one room without burning it down."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

14. - Top - End - #134

[Streets]

"I have a few suggestions actually, before Kirin showed up I was considering hiring a professional servant from Hestopia. I know that it might not suit you, but perhaps there is servants to hire here as well? Otherwise I know a few good ones." Cessie suggests as they are slightly closer reaching the slope leading up to the keep.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

[Streets]

"Someone from Hestopia wouldn't want to come here, would they? It'd sure be a long way from home for one thing." Sakura says. Not to mention Hestipian people never struck her as well suited to the Nexus.

16. - Top - End - #136

[Streets]

"It might be hard to get someone here, true. The nexus is not public knowledge in Hestopia after all." In fact they are trying to cover it up. "There is however a few here already but I think you should go with what you yourself think is best. You could always just ask around for a baby sitter." Or you could always ask Zelia.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

[Streets]

Sakura nods. "I'll talk to Adir and we can figure something out. Lemme know if you think of anyone before that, though." Sakura says. Zelia doesn't occur to her at the moment, but perhaps she'll think of her later.

18. - Top - End - #138

[Streets]

"Of course, but we're almost at the keep at this point so let's focus on turning ourselves back now so we don't need to suffer this embarrassment any more." Cessie replies as they finally reach the cliffs. Now they just need to go up them, the next post can probably in Mithar Keep.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Barbarian in the Playground

Sub-Basement
    "Sis...why are there spiders everywhere?"
    She looks up at the ceiling with her glazed eyes where there are no spiders.

---

An Alleyway
    The man looks around and sees the girl.
    "What do you want?"

---

The Protest
    More people come in to check out The Protest!
    And yes, they're all NPCS
    The Protest against Remnant and the Council interfering in Inside continues to go strong!
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sub-Basement]
    There are none, dear.
    You're just really stoned.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Aegis Vaults

The robot slams into the grid and is caught, like a fly on a spiders web, sparks dancing across it's metal chassis and limbs twitching spastically in the current. A resonating buzz fills the room, rising and rising and echoing from wall to wall until the superheated metal is strained to it's limits and, with an ear-splitting BOOM!, shatters into a hail of molten shrapnel.

The lights flicker off. The defense grid goes with them. "Well, uh, hah! You've only fallen right into my evil trap! What could be worse than being trapped in the dark with... A ghost?!" Mr. Ghost doesn't sound quite as assured of his inevitable victory as he's trying for.
    Aegis Vaults

"Quite probably being trapped in the dark with a werewolf. Or a vampire. Or a giant spider. Or..."

Doctor Decible hates not answering questions.

Anyways, the dark doesn't scare him because... he has the power to utilize echolocation! By waving his hands around in a pattern that would most likely be very embarrassing if he could actually be seen doing it, high pitched sound waves above the normal hearing spectrum spread out and bounce back upon hitting objects and inform or Director of Sound of their location. Said ridiculous hand movements may or may not be forgotten in future issues and begin to cause continuity contradictions and inconsistencies in writing.

Granted, I don't think he stopped to think that of all the things echolocation can find for him, a ghost probably isn't one of them...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

22. - Top - End - #142

Sub-Basement
    "I'm stoned?"
    She looks down at her body and begins trying to brush invisible things off.
    "Oh god! Get these stones off!"
    Busy with Life

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sub-Basement]
    Cacida sighs and pats her head.
    C'mon, let's get our hive set up.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

24. - Top - End - #144

Sub-Basement
    Ayakan nods.
    "And how are we going to do that?"
    Busy with Life

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sub-Basement]
    She opens a door to a bare concrete room and... shoulders her pack or starts emptying her sylladex depending on whether they actually have sylladexes.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

26. - Top - End - #146

Sub-Basement
    If they didn't they should see a doctor
    Ayakan releases her Sylladex!
    Her laptop and many, many empty pie tins fall to the floor.
    Busy with Life

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sub-Basement]
    Cacida gets her computer out as well as a portable recupracoon. Only had room for one, so they'll have to share---and the sopor-cyst (what I imagine they get the stuff from anyway) wouldn't be able to produce enough for two 'cupracoons anyway.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

28. - Top - End - #148

The Sitar's Strings

James Dalton sits alone in a small booth, drinking a cup of coffee, periodically glancing at his phone to check the time, and generally minding his own business. He's a human of medium height, rather narrow shoulders, brown-haired and about 25 years of age. Aside from some red blotches around his cheeks where he's been burned before, a faint tobacco odor about his person, and small, weasely little eyes quick to narrow at anyone and everyone who comes near, there's not much else to say about him. Like so many other young men his age, he's jaded, emotional, quite selfish, and prone to thinking he'll live forever. Just another sad little human trapped in a world where he doesn't belong. Looking at him, you'd never suspect he did time under Remnant's penal company for multiple counts of murder in the first degree.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

29. - Top - End - #149
    Troll in the Playground

The Sitar's Strings

"If you two are doing anything with fire, you want Dalton along," Kareem says to Ekkehand, jerking a thumb in the direction of Magtok's character. "He's the expert."
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

30. - Top - End - #150

WolfInSheepsClothing

Sitar's Strings

Wouldn't it be more effective to freeze the whole building in a block of ice? As a warning to all the other smurfs in the area. This is Gargamel's turf! Right? Either way, I can help. I'm good at destroying stuff too.

She... she really is. -_-
    Still not really here. Still just an illusion.